What's new

Decor yard/house permissions

Since small partitions can already support small objects (so you can place paintings or lighting on them), could you please add the "Can support small objects." tag to the large partitions too:

Mahogany Stucco Partition
Lattice Door Partition
Ash Stucco Partition
Rustic Plank Partition
Cottage Stone Partition
Columned Partition
Tall Columned Partition
Hatched Door Partition
Arched Door Partition
Princess's Partition

These are some more items that should have both "yard" and "house floor" placement tags:

Hanging Iron Torch (this is a standing brazier that looks exactly the same as Grilled Fish except without fish, which already has "house floor", "yard", and "large furniture" tags)
Harani Shaded Streetlight (maybe also the other streetlights if people want to place them up on house terraces?)
Sea Diver Chest (so that it can be placed on the outer walkways of the bungalow)

Thanks!

I would like to request that the flowerbeds get their house placement reinstated so we can do things like this again

1679515817483.png

The following FLOWERBEDS have all been relegated to yard only :(
Amaranth
Amethyst Gembloom
Blue Blossom Brick
Chromatic Gembloom
Citrine Gembloom
Daroccoli
Empty Brick
Golden Gembloom
Hibiscus
Hoverbloom
Impatiens
Pansy
Pineapple
Red Blossom Brick
Ruby Gembloom
Square Brick
Topiary
Watermelon
White Blossom Brick
Yellow Blossom Brick

Thank you

If possible, please add the following properties to the following furniture,Thank you!

yard:
Small Triple Shelf ID:43225

house floor:
Gweonid Leafy Streetlight ID:35420
Gweonid Treevine Streetlight ID:35421

Can support small objects:
Short Brick Wall ID:36171
Brick Wall ID:36172
Medium Brick Wall ID:36174
Large Brick Wall ID:36175

If possible, please make the all bound furniture can be traded through houses

Last edited:
As shown in the figure, when two large brick walls are placed together, they cannot stick together tightly. There will be a gap in the middle, and the brick wall does not. Can we make the large brick wall stick together like a brick wall?

This is something that IIRC happened way back around 5.1, and it affected a lot of items. Before, you could even clip the walls and pillars slightly into each other (the hitbox was a little bit smaller than the actual model).

Housing gets its pleasant improvements as well: added more UCC friendly buildings; house furniture items can be auto-aligned when placing.

I believe either all hitboxes were slightly increased or the placement system just got changed somehow. Would be nice to see it reverted.

Reactions: Liz
Do we have any comeback plans for these furniture anytime soon?
1689608891479.png

1689608903543.png

1689608916153.png

1689609004175.png

1689608961026.png

1689608983765.png
1689609042518.png

1689609081572.png

1689609096885.png

1689609113289.png

1689609214826.png

1689609234355.png

The new Small Shadowguard Firecracker festival reward needs "house floor" (and maybe "large furniture") placement tags, so that it can be placed on higher levels of the treehouse, beanstalk, crafting house terraces etc. Table with Fireworks and Cart with Fireworks already have all 3 tags. Also, Cart with Fireworks has an unusually large collision box to the left and right sides.

Last edited:
Same goes for the ultra-expensive Rattan Pergola from the new RNG boxes - it doesn't have the "house floor" placement tag, it's "yard" only, which makes it so that it can't be placed on the lower platform of the bungalow, upper platforms on the treehouse/beanstalk, crafting house terrace etc.

Is it possible for the hitboxes of certain items to be adjusted? (Maybe thats not what causes these issues but it was my best guess.)

There are some items that can be placed partially outside of your land - such as fences. This allows more freedom like being able to make connected fences around your adjacent plots of land. There are other items like Brick Flowerbeds and the Rose Arch with which you can do the same. Example attached - I've placed two Rose Arches between two of my land plots to create a tunnel between them.

Meanwhile other items are fully limited to where they can be placed - for example the new Rattan Pergola which has to be fully placed inside your land. With this being a large item, it limits the freedom you can have with it and it takes up excess farming space. Someone on discord also mentioned that some rugs can be placed under other items, while other rugs can't.

There worst part is there's no way to know without buying and trying but then you get stuck because most items are untradable. (And the rattan pack was hella expensive.)

Attachments

• doodle.png
    doodle.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 39
A few more for the "large furniture" placement tag (so that the shelves can be placed on large partitions):

Is it possible for the hitboxes of certain items to be adjusted? (Maybe thats not what causes these issues but it was my best guess.)

There are some items that can be placed partially outside of your land - such as fences. This allows more freedom like being able to make connected fences around your adjacent plots of land. There are other items like Brick Flowerbeds and the Rose Arch with which you can do the same. Example attached - I've placed two Rose Arches between two of my land plots to create a tunnel between them.

Meanwhile other items are fully limited to where they can be placed - for example the new Rattan Pergola which has to be fully placed inside your land. With this being a large item, it limits the freedom you can have with it and it takes up excess farming space. Someone on discord also mentioned that some rugs can be placed under other items, while other rugs can't.

There worst part is there's no way to know without buying and trying but then you get stuck because most items are untradable. (And the rattan pack was hella expensive.)
New items have a better placement than old. This new placement is actually more correct as it avoids letting item going outside of the border and this way doesn't interfere with the neighboring land.

Can you add the "Can support small objects" tag to the furniture below?

Back