What's new

Differences between Buying Gold Vs. ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they should allow Gold buying? since its not written in their rules?
Goldbuying IS allowed. See the post quoted below...
EDIT: Actually you have to scroll up to Homura's post. Attachments aren't included in quotes.
According to this, selling gold is a ban but buying is not.

If the penalties on multi-accounting aren't super harsh people will try to get away with it. Please Admins, make it very clear that multi-accounting is not tolerated and offenders will lose their main for their greed. And by greed I mean: more labor, more land, more loyalty,... there is a reason why there is a one-account rule.

its like i said before i nanother post. alter patron with cosmetics as a gift, adjust loyalty coins. Free players get the same labor and regen, have ah access.

free players also get some for of loyalty point access through playing, so it ballances out. basically everything patron can get, so can free players.

Make it fair and free, but also have insta cosmetics and crap like that, so patrons pay for server and ditch donations?

Or suggest other ways...

Buying Gold should be bannable since you don't help the server also. Why not just donate instead of buying gold to gold sellers use common sense why it is bannable :) Also Having alts as many as you can is considered bannable there have been alot of players getting banned by having 5 to 9 alts so lesson learned know how to follow rules dont be too greedy. No ha

its like i said before i nanother post. alter patron with cosmetics as a gift, adjust loyalty coins. Free players get the same labor and regen, have ah access.

free players also get some for of loyalty point access through playing, so it ballances out. basically everything patron can get, so can free players.

Make it fair and free, but also have insta cosmetics and crap like that, so patrons pay for server and ditch donations?

Or suggest other ways...

In my honest opinion, free patron is too OP. It makes land MUCH more expensive than it needs to be. Everything in this game should be an investment. You INVEST in your farm to get more money back. That investment includes cost for patron, time and whatever seeds you're putting on the farm, etc etc. You INVEST in your farm freighter/trade packs to make money back, whatever. You got the point. I think keeping the labor and exp rates for free is cool, but definitely they should make some changes to what benefits patron gives.

In my honest opinion, free patron is too OP. It makes land MUCH more expensive than it needs to be. Everything in this game should be an investment. You INVEST in your farm to get more money back. That investment includes cost for patron, time and whatever seeds you're putting on the farm, etc etc. You INVEST in your farm freighter/trade packs to make money back, whatever. You got the point. I think keeping the labor and exp rates for free is cool, but definitely they should make some changes to what benefits patron gives.

agreed, trions main prob with patron was labor, lucky points, ah access ... didsnt stay long enough to find out more... but the devs here can make this server similar, but fair... basically what trion should have done.. .not all the paywall and p2w sheite

above all Lobor should be the same... it makes f2p ppl use alts on live to get labor pool. free players also make NA toons on same account to feed EU accounts with patron via apex, could that be another option here?

Or suggest other ways...
I don't even know what you are talking about. Free player? Everyone is a free player here as everyone has patron. Allowing people to multi-account and actually get more loyalty points is one of the worst ideas you could have. It's one of the reasons why multi-accounting is broken. You never have to buy any lucky sun-/moonpoints if you have 10 accounts with a couple hundred loyalty banked...

The server is free. You can spend roughly 14k labor DAILY if you activate the stipendso labor shouldn't be an issue unless you are used to 5+ accoutns from live. You can hold a shitload of land with all 3 low-tax farms ingame AND it's before the 3.0 nerf (increased taxes). There is literally no need for anyone to use an alt. People just want to landhoard like crazy and abuse the easy loyalty. NO.

I don't even know what you are talking about. Free player? Everyone is a free player here as everyone has patron. Allowing people to multi-account and actually get more loyalty points is one of the worst ideas you could have. It's one of the reasons why multi-accounting is broken. You never have to buy any lucky sun-/moonpoints if you have 10 accounts with a couple hundred loyalty banked...

The server is free. You can spend roughly 14k labor DAILY if you activate the stipendso labor shouldn't be an issue unless you are used to 5+ accoutns from live. You can hold a shitload of land with all 3 low-tax farms ingame AND it's before the 3.0 nerf (increased taxes). There is literally no need for anyone to use an alt. People just want to landhoard like crazy and abuse the easy loyalty. NO.

Do me a favor.. goto trion servers, make a free accounts(s) play if for a few months, you wil lsee what i mean :)

3 reasons you'd ever want an alt on this server:

1. Low level account to do the mentee dailies. 6 gilda per day, 42 gilda per week. Not bad.

2. Loyalty hoarding

3. Multiboxing with multiple freighters and funneling all the gold onto one character. I remember reading a post about a guy doing this on official servers and he made thousands of gold per day.

I literally just told you why the alts are a problem? Go up and read my post. I had 4 alts in Fresh Start that literally paid themselves off just with the loyalty. You can also Multibox and run MULTIPLE farm carts with the free farm cart you get.

Its the admins Job to detect this Issues. But need to consider also, how geared can you be with alts with out donation? Time spent?
I'm pro server, I like this server to last longer, but its just a simple Math. IF I have cash and don't have time to do trade-runs, Ill buy gold directly rather than buying credits.

Here's some simple Math.

AR gold is being sold a$11/1k. $100 = 9K +/-,
27k Credits is just worth 6k+ time spent.

Regarding Fish ponds.(Lazy mans Job)

27K credits can generate average of 27K +/- gold ( achievable after a period of time)

But an increased gold in circulation will equate to higher prices of items, which it turn top donators will buy more Gold from Seller.
I this Scenario, The server Loose, GOld Sellers Win.

Possible Solution.
Ban Seller and Buyers, Limit number of Alts. +Gold will circulate by itself and Sink by itself. Loyalyy is just a small issue. They can decrease the number of tokens per day.

from trions site..

Patron Benefits
1PR.png

SELL AND SAVE
Auction House commissions reduced from 10% to 5%

HHF.png

WORK FASTER!
Perform farming and crafting activities 20% faster.

86T.png

REPAIR ANYWHERE
Repair items from your inventory menu without having to visit a Blacksmith.

DX2.png

AUCTION HOUSE ANYWHERE
Access the Auction House from anywhere through a UI button, without having to visit an Auctioneer.

WJ2.png

ARENA ANYWHERE
Queue for the Arena from anywhere through a UI button.

CHC.png

BONUS VOCATION POINTS
Get a 10% bonus to Vocation Point gains.

Y0P.png

PATRON QUEUE
Receive priority queuing when entering the game.

X0I.png

BONUS EXPERIENCE
Get a 20% bonus to all Experience gained through combat and labor usage.

51J.png

FASTER LABOR
Double your Labor Point regeneration to 10/5 min!

WGR.png

AUCTION HOUSE LISTING
Get full access to listing and selling items on the Auction House.

IMO.png

MAX LABOR BONUS
Increase your maximum Labor Points to 5,000.

QE9.png

DEEP SLEEPER BONUS
Earn Labor Points (10/5 min) even while you’re offline.

P7K.png

BONUS CREDITS
Receive 10% bonus credits with the purchase of any Credit Pack

LML.png

LAND OWNERSHIP
Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses!

INB.png

LOYALTY TOKENS
Get 5 Loyalty Tokens when you log in each day. Redeem them for special items at the in-game Loyalty Store!

Do me a favor.. goto trion servers, make a free accounts(s) play if for a few months, you wil lsee what i mean :)
I had a shitload of accounts on live, that's the reason why I'm strictly against any changes on this server. I don't want to see it ruined.

What's bad about the current situation anyway? 1 account, free patron, 4x labor regen and 3x labor stipend. Normal loyalty generation. What's bad about this? There's literally no better system to be found in any ArcheAge version.
from trions site..
Patron Benefits
SELL AND SAVE
Auction House commissions reduced from 10% to 5%

WORK FASTER
Perform farming and crafting activities 20% faster.

REPAIR ANYWHERE
Repair items from your inventory menu without having to visit a Blacksmith.

AUCTION HOUSE ANYWHERE
Access the Auction House from anywhere through a UI button, without having to visit an Auctioneer.

ARENA ANYWHERE
Queue for the Arena from anywhere through a UI button.

BONUS VOCATION POINTS
Get a 10% bonus to Vocation Point gains.

PATRON QUEUE
Receive priority queuing when entering the game.

BONUS EXPERIENCE
Get a 20% bonus to all Experience gained through combat and labor usage.

FASTER LABOR
Double your Labor Point regeneration to 10/5 min!

AUCTION HOUSE LISTING
Get full access to listing and selling items on the Auction House.

MAX LABOR BONUS
Increase your maximum Labor Points to 5,000.

DEEP SLEEPER BONUS
Earn Labor Points (10/5 min) even while you’re offline.

BONUS CREDITS
Receive 10% bonus credits with the purchase of any Credit Pack

LAND OWNERSHIP
Claim and own a piece of Erenor by placing farms and houses!

LOYALTY TOKENS
Get 5 Loyalty Tokens when you log in each day. Redeem them for special items at the in-game Loyalty Store!

Why are you even telling me what patron provides you on TRION server? We all have patron here. Why should we introduce any form of patron here just so people can multi-account again? Wtf...

Last edited:
I had a shitload of accounts on live, that's the reason why I'm strictly against any changes on this server. I don't want to see it ruined.

What's bad about the current situation anyway. 1 account, free patron, 4x labor regen and 3x labor stipend. Normal loyalty generation. What's bad about this. There's literally no better system to be found in any ArcheAge version.

the main prob is gold selling, p2w and al lthe donator crap thats imballancing it... or will do

The server is great, I just dont want it ruined like some other private servers are...

Its the admins Job to detect this Issues. But need to consider also, how geared can you be with alts with out donation? Time spent?
I'm pro server, I like this server to last longer, but its just a simple Math. IF I have cash and don't have time to do trade-runs, Ill buy gold directly rather than buying credits.

Here's some simple Math.

AR gold is being sold a$11/1k. $100 = 9K +/-,
27k Credits is just worth 6k+ time spent.

Regarding Fish ponds.(Lazy mans Job)

27K credits can generate average of 27K +/- gold ( achievable after a period of time)

But an increased gold in circulation will equate to higher prices of items, which it turn top donators will buy more Gold from Seller.
I this Scenario, The server Loose, GOld Sellers Win.

Possible Solution.
Ban Seller and Buyers, Limit number of Alts. + Gold will circulate by itself and Sink by itself. Loyalyy means is just a small issue. The can decrease the number of tokens per day.

Let's get something straight, Gold sellers/buyers is inevitable. They will always exist, no matter how many you ban.

And let me tell ya something else kiddo. Let's say ArcheRage adds the ability to have TWO alts per IP. There will be the percentage of the community that abuses the alts to their fullest potential, the percentage that will make use of the alts but not do much, and the percentage that doesn't give a fuck. This will create an even BIGGER gap from the top of the leaderboards to the bottom. The people at the bottom will slowly fall behind and become irrelevant. They then will feel the need to BUY GOLD AT EXTREMELY GOOD RATES FROM GOLD SELLERS to catch back up. You see the problem here? It creates an even deeper hole.

3 reasons you'd ever want an alt on this server:

1. Low level account to do the mentee dailies. 6 gilda per day, 42 gilda per week. Not bad.

2. Loyalty hoarding

3. Multiboxing with multiple freighters and funneling all the gold onto one character. I remember reading a post about a guy doing this on official servers and he made thousands of gold per day.
I did all of this on live servers and I don't want to see it poisoning this server.

Abuse in what terms? everything can be adjusted? what can 2 alts do? (unless you have no life), What that percentage on the population equates to the Games GOLD Sink?

he people at the bottom will slowly fall behind and become irrelevant. They then will feel the need to BUY GOLD AT EXTREMELY GOOD RATES FROM GOLD SELLERS to catch back up. You see the problem here? It creates an even deeper hole.

Since when AA becomes Single Player RPG? Leaders Boards are Normal. there is no such thing as a balance MMO and this is fact. That why we have Admins to detect the Gold Seller and Buyers. It easier to detect that having 2 alts around.

Abuse in what terms? everything can be adjusted? what can 2 alts do? (unless you have no life), What that percentage on the population equates to the Games GOLD Sink?
What can you do with only 2 alts? Lol... You either don't know or try to fool everyone here. You can do pretty much anything that burns labor quickly and get ahead of non-multiaccounters. If you have the gold to back it up you could even do very profitable things like weaponcrafting.

I'm very curious as to what you want to do with your alts and what you want to "adjust". If you adjust it to not be broken with alt-accounts in mind you will have to directly nerf everyone who only uses 1 account. The game has a lot of goldsinks but in no way you need alt accounts to be effective here... even coinpurses get you far.

Using alt: brain cancer in game. It generate big tumors in the body of the game. Let zombies walking in groups (using alts) is the mark of incompetence and greed.

Buying gold: It generate infection in the system. It supress the "immune system" of the game. It's a virus. Let users buy gold vs RM = let small illness kill the hosts. It's p2w and destructive. This is not real money Publisher/team. Let users buy gold is the mark of laziness and/or hypocrite behavior.

The Team is good to prevent cancer, but the server will die in influenza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back