What's new

Economy Suggestion - Server needs help!

The economy had excess gold being pumped into it artificially. That artificially gold pump is now gone. The economy is adjusting as a result.

Prices will go down, then stabilize.

Enjoy the ride while it lasts. This server is already so easy, and making money is so easy, that I cannot agree with this suggestion as is. Selling credits to an NPC at this prices would generate an insane amount of easy gold.

If this was implemented, Why would anyone do anything to make money other than donate and then sell credits.

just BUFF FISHING AND LARCENY. Though I like Epic's ideals. I feel that buffing fishing and larceny would be enough to pump gold into the server.

What happened is the extra gold that wasn't supposed to be in game was removed from it. Now, only earned by players gold will turnover in game. That means now all in-game activities players performed became more valuable.

Of course prices greatly decreased due to it but that doesn't mean value of items decreased as well. All items now begin to cost less in game but item vs item value remains the same. Players can spend in game same amount of time as before and receive same amount of gold as before but for the same gold, they can now buy more.

Players with lack of time can still buy credits and sell them to other players at the auction. You may currently face the problem with prices noticable decrease or case when supply of credits by the players to AH is higher than demand, but some time is needed for the market stabilization. Give it another 1-2 week and you'll see the result. Otherwise, we can always get back to this topic.

What happened is the extra gold that wasn't supposed to be in game was removed from it. Now, only earned by players gold will turnover in game. That means now all in-game activities players performed became more valuable.

Of course prices greatly decreased due to it but that doesn't mean value of items decreased as well. All items now begin to cost less in game but item vs item value remains the same. Players can spend in game same amount of time as before and receive same amount of gold as before but for the same gold, they can now buy more.

Players with lack of time can still buy credits and sell them to other players at the auction. You may currently face the problem with prices noticable decrease or case when supply of credits by the players to AH is higher than demand, but some time is needed for the market stabilization. Give it another 1-2 week and you'll see the result. Otherwise, we can always get back to this topic.

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it. I hope its quicker than 2 weeks. Multiple players are already getting extremely frustrated.

I hope you understand that before these rules were put into place. Majority of the server RMT'd, you can just look at the discords. Most people are respecting the rules, so not even having credits as a viable means of getting gold atm is really hurting a lot of players.

This is where the problem comes in. Since the Gold Sellers were banned, there's much less gold in the economy. Nobody has any gold, so nobody is buying stuff, which means folks like me (who make a living by making stuff for others) are going broke.

If nobody has gold and nobody is buying stuff then why do you think a Divine piece of armor, which in this patch on retail typically went for 3-5k gold, is being put on the AH for 8k+? Because someone bought it. Whether it be with ill-gotten gold or legitimately-earned gold, the large amount of gold was still owned by a person in some capacity and they purchased it. By REMOVING unethically-gained gold from the community, the economy prices will drop because gold will be worth more (proof of this: Guild Wars 2). By doing what this thread is suggesting, it's making the system worse because it would be re-injecting gold back into the economy in as heavily (or more heavily) of a force as the bots. This suggestion would actually cause a WORSE effect than just letting the bots run rampant. Do you understand this? Bots bring in ill-gained gold into an economy and inflate prices. People buying credits and directly selling to the vendor brings in legally-gained gold into an economy and inflate prices. It's injecting gold artificially, the idea is literally the same thing.

Folks like you are going broke by trying to sell an item for more than its value according to the community given the cost it takes to make. For the lovely example of Azaleas, it takes 10 minutes to grow. That's nothing. Absolutely nothing, I could plant the seeds in seed beds, go take a shit, and come back to my Azaleas already being ready. Azaleas on their own are worthless. Turn them into Dried Flowers and sell that for the daily. Grab some Narcissus and buy 3 charcoal stabilizers from the AH and turn them into an Opaque Polish. But if you were attempting to grow Azaleas as your attempt to make gold, I hope I do come off as insulting, because that's one of the dumbest ways I've ever heard of someone trying to make money. You'd make more money begging for gold in the center of Marianople by playing a sheet of music with 7k Artistry.

If nobody has gold and nobody is buying stuff then why do you think a Divine piece of armor, which in this patch on retail typically went for 3-5k gold, is being put on the AH for 8k+? Because someone bought it. Whether it be with ill-gotten gold or legitimately-earned gold, the large amount of gold was still owned by a person in some capacity and they purchased it. By REMOVING unethically-gained gold from the community, the economy prices will drop because gold will be worth more (proof of this: Guild Wars 2). By doing what this thread is suggesting, it's making the system worse because it would be re-injecting gold back into the economy in as heavily (or more heavily) of a force as the bots. This suggestion would actually cause a WORSE effect than just letting the bots run rampant. Do you understand this? Bots bring in ill-gained gold into an economy and inflate prices. People buying credits and directly selling to the vendor brings in legally-gained gold into an economy and inflate prices. It's injecting gold artificially, the idea is literally the same thing.

Folks like you are going broke by trying to sell an item for more than its value according to the community given the cost it takes to make. For the lovely example of Azaleas, it takes 10 minutes to grow. That's nothing. Absolutely nothing, I could plant the seeds in seed beds, go take a shit, and come back to my Azaleas already being ready. Azaleas on their own are worthless. Turn them into Dried Flowers and sell that for the daily. Grab some Narcissus and buy 3 charcoal stabilizers from the AH and turn them into an Opaque Polish. But if you were attempting to grow Azaleas as your attempt to make gold, I hope I do come off as insulting, because that's one of the dumbest ways I've ever heard of someone trying to make money. You'd make more money begging for gold in the center of Marianople by playing a sheet of music with 7k Artistry.

How can you compare anything to live server, there is a time factor that comes into place like you just said, do you know how much labor a single toon has on this server, ofc things will be higher priced than live server.

Also, this is better than bots 100%, bots were farming gold on 100's of account and at one point in the servers lifespan selling for $1 per 1000 and player were buying 100's of thousands of gold lol.

Credits cost money man, its not like this change is instantly gonna make people have 1000's of dollars IRL to spend. All it does is keep the average cost of items stay where they were so people can actually offload all the items they have stuck on there toons.

Stop comparing things to other games, this is a player driven economy, if someone list something for 10,000g more than what its worth they can if they want to, and if someone buys it, they can if they want to. Everyone doesn't follow the market based on what one guy that doesn't want to wait for an item. I overpay for things all the time because I'm impatient, that's just how it works.

Also, this is better than bots 100%, bots were farming gold on 100's of account and at one point in the servers lifespan selling for $1 per 1000 and player were buying 100's of thousands of gold lol.

Bots illegally make gold apparate.
Your idea makes gold legally apparate.

Bots getting banned lowers the cost of items because their illegally-made gold is removed, thus increasing the value of gold.
Therefore, the opposite will happen if your idea is put into fruition because the ONLY difference between your idea and bots is one of those ideas is against the ToS of this server.

Stop comparing things to other games, this is a player driven economy, if someone list something for 10,000g more than what its worth they can if they want to, and if someone buys it, they can if they want to. Everyone doesn't follow the market based on what one guy that doesn't want to wait for an item. I overpay for things all the time because I'm impatient, that's just how it works.

The other game I referenced is also a player driven economy, you fucking loon. And everyone DOES follow the market based on what one guy that doesn't want to wait for an item. See my previous posts on Cold Anguish and Charcoal Stabilizers and how the market fluctuates heavily on the premise that someone is willing to pay money for something theoretically finite (i.e. armor pieces people don't want to craft and regrade). You admittedly overpay because you're impatient, therefore you are contributing to the inflation of item cost. There's nothing wrong with the gold in the economy when it comes to prices and gold in circulation. There's something wrong with YOU. YOU are perpetuating this problematic economy, and your idea is batshit crazy. You want the economy fixed? Stop buying shit for unreasonable prices just because you are impatient and stop asking for free gold influx because of your credit card because you do nothing for this server AND yourself.

The literal only thing that could fix gold influx to what you want is to lower the AH listing fee and preventing that gold sink. However, the regrade costs on this server are lowered meaning there's more gold in circulation by default and prices are still increasing, which honestly is further proving my point, albeit in very minute amounts.

I dunno, I've had significantly less time to play lately but the times I've logged in have not looked good in my eyes in regards to both population and economy. There is truth in the gold buying ban removing a lot and having a profound effect on the economy but that's not everything that is going on, all the RMT that was going on was driving the server mad anyway. The server went through such toxicity the last 30-60 days people have already been moving on. I still log on though I'm not willing to dedicate anywhere near as much time to the game anymore. There has rarely been times when it comes to games I've either played or been involved in where when the forums, population & economy all begin to freefall (like we're seeing) that the game has ever recovered to a "better state". I don't see the future here being bright nor the longevity of the game being something people should have faith in at this point.

I don't enjoy being the pessimistic person in the room but I'm going to bet things don't recover and no suggestions here are going to ressurrect anything.

It's my belief the game will soon dwindle down to an even more niche population where it will continue to run until the admins don't find it worth their time anymore. How long will that take? I dunno but I feel it's inevitable at this point, we're not talking about a new game. We're talking about an old game with a history of drama from the OG devs/NA Publishers where people came here to in a last ditch attempt to play a game they felt pretty diehard about, things being better here doesn't heal the wounds Trion inflicted, it will always be a fragile game at this point and far too easy for people to get fed up with and move on at this point.

This is the cycle most F2P/P2W games run and it always ends the same, even the big powerhouses like EA can not maintain Pay games, their company is starting to face financial issues alone just because of the lootbox fiasco

Just my two cents, still logging in to play when I can but things have that look of not being healthy before most bails imo and most of this server is just diehards that really liked the game and refused to give up, doesn't take much of the population to leave for things to be extremely sour quick.

Last edited:
Bots illegally make gold apparate.
Your idea makes gold legally apparate.

Bots getting banned lowers the cost of items because their illegally-made gold is removed, thus increasing the value of gold.
Therefore, the opposite will happen if your idea is put into fruition because the ONLY difference between your idea and bots is one of those ideas is against the ToS of this server.

The other game I referenced is also a player driven economy, you fucking loon. And everyone DOES follow the market based on what one guy that doesn't want to wait for an item. See my previous posts on Cold Anguish and Charcoal Stabilizers and how the market fluctuates heavily on the premise that someone is willing to pay money for something theoretically finite (i.e. armor pieces people don't want to craft and regrade). You admittedly overpay because you're impatient, therefore you are contributing to the inflation of item cost. There's nothing wrong with the gold in the economy when it comes to prices and gold in circulation. There's something wrong with YOU. YOU are perpetuating this problematic economy, and your idea is batshit crazy. You want the economy fixed? Stop buying shit for unreasonable prices just because you are impatient and stop asking for free gold influx because of your credit card because you do nothing for this server AND yourself.

The literal only thing that could fix gold influx to what you want is to lower the AH listing fee and preventing that gold sink. However, the regrade costs on this server are lowered meaning there's more gold in circulation by default and prices are still increasing, which honestly is further proving my point, albeit in very minute amounts.

Honestly just don't even reply to my thread, your the exact reason why these threads get locked and nothing happens, I didn't once insult you or call you a "fucking loon". There is such a thing called supply and demand, the cold anguish can just go up in price because not to many people are farming Rangora or selling that item.

People buy out the market just to list higher etc, its all tactics. If there is more divine cloth obsidian shirts on the AH, people are going to undercut each other to sell theirs, so they can improve their own gear etc. So no, everyone doesn't based what they want to list their item for off of one guy, there is averages, highs, lows to account for when selling an item. The exact reason there is a chart to view on the AH. I should be able to list an item on the AH for whatever and buy an item for whatever I want without the entire market crashing and everyone too broke to buy anything.

Why would anyone take your opinion credible if you just name calling the entire time? There is a reason its called a suggestion, Im not saying this is exactly what has to happen. I doubt anyone here is an economist, either way, cheers.

Honestly just don't even reply to my thread, your the exact reason why these threads get locked and nothing happens, I didn't once insult you or call you a "fucking loon".

Agreed, there's enough despair floating around the place I don't find any good reason for these type of comments directed towards Epic.

There's something wrong with YOU. YOU are perpetuating this problematic economy, and your idea is batshit crazy. You want the economy fixed? Stop buying shit for unreasonable prices just because you are impatient and stop asking for free gold influx because of your credit card because you do nothing for this server AND yourself.

Nothing to do for this server? How would you feel to be a free to play player, that spends hours a day farming and crafting gear, finally get lucky on an expensive armor piece and then have it sit in your bag for weeks because the majority of the server is poor and can't buy anything? How my idea is apparently bad shit crazy I have a hard time believing, people that buy credits are essentially buying gold just through legitimate means. All its doing is making sure the market doesn't dip below a certain point and that people can actually sell all the items they have.

These are just opinions and suggestions, and everyone else here can say they like or dislike the idea or have other opinions on my idea without being rude and targeting people specifically.

Honestly just don't even reply to my thread, your the exact reason why these threads get locked and nothing happens, I didn't once insult you or call you a "fucking loon". There is such a thing called supply and demand, the cold anguish can just go up in price because not to many people are farming Rangora or selling that item.

People buy out the market just to list higher etc, its all tactics. If there is more divine cloth obsidian shirts on the AH, people are going to undercut each other to sell theirs, so they can improve their own gear etc. So no, everyone doesn't based what they want to list their item for off of one guy, there is averages, highs, lows to account for when selling an item. The exact reason there is a chart to view on the AH. I should be able to list an item on the AH for whatever and buy an item for whatever I want without the entire market crashing and everyone too broke to buy anything.

Why would anyone take your opinion credible if you just name calling the entire time? There is a reason its called a suggestion, Im not saying this is exactly what has to happen. I doubt anyone here is an economist, either way, cheers.

It's funny, because I knew the first thing you'd take away from my post was me calling you what you are and you'd ignore most of the post and tell me to go away, even though my response is completely logical while your idea is the exact reason why this game has a bad name. However, I'm here in the hopes that I educate you on why your idea is awful, and once you realize it I will not use derogatory terms towards you.

How my idea is apparently bad shit crazy I have a hard time believing

If someone set up a bot train for a week and farmed up 300g, and your idea to vendor Credit packs to General Merchant for 300g is implemented, your idea is literally identical in terms of gold injection. The only difference is one of them is not allowed. Repeat this back to me and say "I understand", and I'll stop calling you names. Promise. Anyone with half a brain would understand this. You don't need an economist to understand this.

Anyway, Cold Anguish went from 50g to 350g because one single day, somebody purchased it. There were 6 on the AH at the time, 4 of them were under 100g, and someone bought the highest one for 250, and from that point on all Cold Anguish were sold for 250+. It took 2 months for that item to drop down to below 200 because A) it was being farmed regularly and put up, and B) people stopped buying it for 350. There was a large amount of supply and equal demand, but eventually people stopped buying for such a ridiculous price.

You can by all means list something for whatever price. But it's about the precedence of what happens from that point on. Your reasoning for your awful idea is "prices are high, no one has gold" is incorrect because if you use the lovely AH chart you so graciously mentioned, you can see people ARE paying for these insanely-priced items, which means people DO have gold. They're just paying too much for it. Your idea would increase the price of these items further, and would tank the market.

If there is not enough gold in the market, how are these items getting purchased for ridiculous prices? Your argument is completely contradictory.

Nothing to do for this server? How would you feel to be a free to play player, that spends hours a day farming and crafting gear, finally get lucky on an expensive armor piece and then have it sit in your bag for weeks because the majority of the server is poor and can't buy anything?

I AM a free-to-play player, and I'm sitting on enough land, gear, consumables, and gold to be making 2k gold a week playing less than 2 hours a day. I just don't grow acres of azaleas, I make things that people need and sell them. I make gear my guild needs and we go farming for things that make us more gold. You're also making a contradictory statement because I want to know what items people are making and have it sit in their bag for weeks. I want to know where this data is coming from. Because in all the pieces of gear I'm seeing on the AH aside from that Epic Tuna Club, I'm seeing shit being purchased or pieces being purchased that are similar to it. Just because you want to perpetuate the negative feelings that the term "Archeage" gives to people by dual-wielding your credit cards doesn't mean your dreams should affect this server as negatively as your idea does.

Last edited:
I would suggest to have an npc that will buy the credit packs kinda like the cargo buyer/seller in archeage 3.5 where there is a hard cap serverwide to the maximum of credit packs the npc can hold at any given time. And from the credits supply the prices will fluctuate.

Say for example there is a limit of 50 credits an npc can hold. At 1 piece of 1000 credits the npc will buy it for 1000 gold. And at full capacity (i.e. the 50th 1000 credit pack) the npc will buy the credit for 500 gold.

This way gold can be obtained immediately but there is always a cap as to how much you can sell. And no gold is created out of the blue. This economy is entirely player driven as you cant sell credits to the npc of it holds 50 pcks currently.

I would suggest to have an npc that will buy the credit packs kinda like the cargo buyer/seller in archeage 3.5 where there is a hard cap serverwide to the maximum of credit packs the npc can hold at any given time. And from the credits supply the prices will fluctuate.

Say for example there is a limit of 50 credits an npc can hold. At 1 piece of 1000 credits the npc will buy it for 1000 gold. And at full capacity (i.e. the 50th 1000 credit pack) the npc will buy the credit for 500 gold.

This way gold can be obtained immediately but there is always a cap as to how much you can sell. And no gold is created out of the blue. This economy is entirely player driven as you cant sell credits to the npc of it holds 50 pcks currently.

That won't work as one person can always fill it.

Not having a hard cap is bad for the economy as you are creating gold from nothing. The ultimate result will be a larger gear gap.

What I am suggesting is a stimulus package where you can dump your credits if you are really desperate.
This can also help narrow the gap between players as newbies can buy credits at low prices. More players will stay in game since newbies can become competitive in lesser time.

It's funny, because I knew the first thing you'd take away from my post was me calling you what you are and you'd ignore most of the post and tell me to go away, even though my response is completely logical while your idea is the exact reason why this game has a bad name. However, I'm here in the hopes that I educate you on why your idea is awful, and once you realize it I will not use derogatory terms towards you.

Not at all, you aren't going to educate me on anything as your ideas are yours and mine are mine. I respect your opinion but Id prefer to keep the forums clean and not get discussions locked due to inappropriate behavior.

If someone set up a bot train for a week and farmed up 300g, and your idea to vendor Credit packs to General Merchant for 300g is implemented, your idea is literally identical in terms of gold injection. The only difference is one of them is not allowed.

There has always been some for of Apex/Credit selling in this game. Its part of the economy and is what most things are priced around. I don't see how your statement is true, because gold always has a $ value, why do you think people bought gold rather than credits lol.

Ex. 300g in credits cost $1 where 300g from a bot cost $0.25. If there farming with bots to gear themselves then the argument is irrelevant.

I AM a free-to-play player, and I'm sitting on enough land, gear, consumables, and gold to be making 2k gold a week playing less than 2 hours a day. I just don't grow acres of azaleas, I make things that people need and sell them. I make gear my guild needs and we go farming for things that make us more gold.

Alright, just because you play for 2 hours a day and can sell small items on the AH and gear to your guildies doesn't make you an economist, I'm not saying my opinion is right nor do I agree that yours is, but just because what your selling works doesn't mean the economy is perfectly fine. Just saying people are buying things for way too high of price isn't proof that the economy is fine. The items listed on the AH have been the price of what items have been going for, for months. Idc about flowers, and 10 minute grow time items.

You're also making a contradictory statement because I want to know what items people are making and have it sit in their bag for weeks. I want to know where this data is coming from. Because in all the pieces of gear I'm seeing on the AH aside from that Epic Tuna Club, I'm seeing shit being purchased or pieces being purchased that are similar to it.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Not having a hard cap is bad for the economy as you are creating gold from nothing. The ultimate result will be a larger gear gap.

People seem to be doing fine when bots were a huge part of the server. Larceny(Coinpurses), DGS, Kraken Tentacles, Abyssal packs, they essentially print gold from nothing all the time, it just all depends on the number of people doing it.

My idea doesn't automatically make everyone rich and every player on the server is going to start taking out student loans to by gear. Credits/Apex has always been there, the problem is there needs to be more gold printed, or the shift in the market will take weeks to adjust as that's how long it would take for people to start being able to afford high-value items again

What I am suggesting is a stimulus package where you can dump your credits if you are really desperate.
This can also help narrow the gap between players as newbies can buy credits at low prices. More players will stay in game since newbies can become competitive in lesser time.

That won't help because there is nothing differentiating newbies from whales. The only way to narrow the gap is not gold, it's the gear itself. Because of how the gear is set up, stat improvements per grade past Celestial are a percentage better than the previous grade, but Celestial has the added "bonus" of a chance to break as well as a chance to downgrade, making it a rough hurdle for people trying to get to Divine and its being 7% better than Celestial. Easiest way to fix a gear gap is to make Celestial worth wearing. With Celestial being more powerful, it helps poor players compete without helping the well-established get further ahead (since regrade chances aren't getting changed, only the value of the most hated tier in the game)

Not at all, you aren't going to educate me on anything as your ideas are yours and mine are mine. I respect your opinion but Id prefer to keep the forums clean and not get discussions locked due to inappropriate behavior.

There has always been some for of Apex/Credit selling in this game. Its part of the economy and is what most things are priced around. I don't see how your statement is true, because gold always has a $ value, why do you think people bought gold rather than credits lol.

Ex. 300g in credits cost $1 where 300g from a bot cost $0.25. If there farming with bots to gear themselves then the argument is irrelevant.

You realize I'm talking about a fact, right? This isn't an opinion.

If a bot farms mobs and opens coinpurses, they get silver from nothing except labor. I'm talking about that gold it's earning adding up to 300g. It's 300 gold injected into the economy for zero effort because it's a bot. Just like vendoring a credit pack for 300 gold. It isn't hard. Come on, try again to understand the words I'm typing and say "I understand".

Alright, just because you play for 2 hours a day and can sell small items on the AH and gear to your guildies doesn't make you an economist, I'm not saying my opinion is right nor do I agree that yours is, but just because what your selling works doesn't mean the economy is perfectly fine. Just saying people are buying things for way too high of price isn't proof that the economy is fine. The items listed on the AH have been the price of what items have been going for, for months. Idc about flowers, and 10 minute grow time items.

I'm not saying the economy is fine. I've been saying it's fucked for quite awhile now. The reason why it's been screwed up is because people are paying high prices for items and setting a precedent for it.

prec·e·dent
noun
ˈpresəd(ə)nt/
an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

If someone buys an item that is logically worth 100g for 300g and everyone can see this purchase being made, it sets a precedent for what it should be sold from that point forward. People buying for unreasonably high amounts of gold screws up the economy while also proving there is enough gold in the economy to do so. Your opinion is 100% trumped by my fact.

People seem to be doing fine when bots were a huge part of the server. Larceny(Coinpurses), DGS, Kraken Tentacles, Abyssal packs, they essentially print gold from nothing all the time, it just all depends on the number of people doing it.

My idea doesn't automatically make everyone rich and every player on the server is going to start taking out student loans to by gear. Credits/Apex has always been there, the problem is there needs to be more gold printed, or the shift in the market will take weeks to adjust as that's how long it would take for people to start being able to afford high-value items again

First off, Apex doesn't print gold. SOMEONE had to do something in order to make the gold to buy the Apex off of someone. If you buy an Apex and put it on the Auction House and I do trade packs for the gold, the gold source is one-directional. Only the buyer of the Apex from the Auction House created new gold. Your suggestion makes it so the buying of the Apex on your end generates gold and my trade run also generates gold. It would duplicate the gold generation on the server and be the equivalent of printing money. There is a reason countries are in debt to each other and don't just print money to solve this problem. Printing money decreases its value. Your suggestion is printing more gold. Your suggestion is decreasing its value.

All those events do print gold, you're right. Did you ever play retail? If you did, you would probably remember back when Abyssal Attack was daily. Odds are you played on a server that was owned by one faction and not completely disputed. You wanna take a shot at what happened to the AH market for these clusters? Gear prices rose, item prices skyrocketed, and the rich only got richer. It got so bad they nerfed the amount of DGS a server could have done daily from 6 to 3, and reduced the amount Abyssal Attacks from 7 a week to 3. PROVE. ME. RIGHT. MORE. PLEASE.

EDIT! Just wanted to point out that of the items you listed in that image, 2 have already sold, and one is currently priced at almost 2k more than its only other time being sold in the last 2 weeks. Thus further proving the fact that the gold exists and if you try to overprice, eventually you won't sell until you drop the amount of gold you're asking for said item.

Last edited:
Larceny(Coinpurses), DGS, Kraken Tentacles, Abyssal packs, they essentially print gold from nothing all the time, it just all depends on the number of people doing it.

Bad logic there mate, Try farmin 500 mobs daily and tell me you printed gold out of nothing. All in-game gold making takes time. Time = Money, Anything that is got instantly will lose value very soon than you can imagine.

Selling credits to npc sure does sound nice and an instant fix, but in the long run everyone will regret.

And this would help economy rehab, how?

You would be allowing the same type of gold printing that illegal RMT brought along in the first place, just this time you'd say its ok because legal. All credits bought need at the very least to be put in the AH and pitted against each other, more sellers, better prices, gold increases in value, gets you more for the same sum. You take the opposite route, print gold just from talking to an NPC with credits in your hand, and you're diving right back into the hole you're trying to crawl out of.

Already in this thread, there are posts openly stating "lets be real, i just want my gold and eff you", which is in the back of most p2w minds, and doesn't help the server one bit. If they think its dead or dying, wont make it out of this, everyones free to move on to the next best thing. See you next week, month, whenever. Meanwhile, let playerbase inject legitimate gold into the server and put the proper value on a gold coin, thru trade runs, thru sports fishing, thru actually playing rather than call on all sorts of cop outs to not do anything and still generate money outta thin air.

Bad logic there mate, Try farmin 500 mobs daily and tell me you printed gold out of nothing. All in-game gold making takes time. Time = Money, Anything that is got instantly will lose value very soon than you can imagine.

Selling credits to npc sure does sound nice and an instant fix, but in the long run everyone will regret.

Yeah as a single person.

Back