What's new

Economy Suggestion - Server needs help!

First off, Apex doesn't print gold. SOMEONE had to do something in order to make the gold to buy the Apex off of someone.

Ofc, I never said Apex print money, and people will still have to farm in order to buy credits without IRL money, like always.

I am a huge fan of Epic's idea, setting a fixed rate for credits will provide a long term solution and will bring back crafting and other professions. There will always be P2W players, atleast this way they will have gold to send down to the other players.

And this would help economy rehab, how?

You would be allowing the same type of gold printing that illegal RMT brought along in the first place, just this time you'd say its ok because legal. All credits bought need at the very least to be put in the AH and pitted against each other, more sellers, better prices, gold increases in value, gets you more for the same sum. You take the opposite route, print gold just from talking to an NPC with credits in your hand, and you're diving right back into the hole you're trying to crawl out of.

Already in this thread, there are posts openly stating "lets be real, i just want my gold and eff you", which is in the back of most p2w minds, and doesn't help the server one bit. If they think its dead or dying, wont make it out of this, everyones free to move on to the next best thing. See you next week, month, whenever. Meanwhile, let playerbase inject legitimate gold into the server and put the proper value on a gold coin, thru trade runs, thru sports fishing, thru actually playing rather than call on all sorts of cop outs to not do anything and still generate money outta thin air.

You do realize that this is flat gold that is added to the system. It doesnt increase with time. You can't sell more credits if there is 50 in stock at the npc. Its different with what the OP proposed that there will be unlimited gold generated as long as you can sell credits to npc

Don't see why people seem to think that my idea is gonna make everyone rich on the game like people have infinite money IRL, the server didn't explode when there were bots, the server didn't explode when people bought millions of gold from gold sellers.

We'll see in a week or two if everything corrects itself

I think this a good and bad thing... (edit)

The only bad part to this is you take away the "Player run economy" for the purpose of having a fixed "Developer Ran Economy" and i do believe that a lot of people would be against that. The less hands we have fiddiling around with the economy the more stable it will be in the long run.

I do love this idea but maybe all we need a bit more time to let it level itself off. I think the main problem we have here is that people still think they can get gobs of money for the same stuff now that they used to get for it before the hammers were dropped... (edit)?

Addressing these points, 1. Yes it's a player based economy but we have several design limitations which differ from retail. We don't have an NA/EU combination where you could employ both markets and move labor/credits. Also, we don't have as large of such a combined playerbase to maintain market stability. Fluctuations in our market have a drastic and lasting impact and literally have the potential to kill our small market. We don't exactly need a "Developer run economy" either, because that destroys one of the fun aspects of the game... but we do need "Dev/Admin oversight of our market to help prevent our market from crashing." Let's face it it's a game economy based on real world principles, and if markets can crash or implode or come to a standstill irl, they will surely do so here. Our small market is vulnerable and needs some balancing oversight. If the value of credits crash, then players who invest cash into buying them won't... because they won't get any value for it. If, for example a Speedboat design is priced at 8,000... and PlayerA purchases 8,000 credits... and has to undersell them, then he isn't going to, because the deflated market causes an inflated irl cash balloon... and people simply stop buying credits. So we definitely need to have Admin oversight. Many things in the game have a "fixed value."

I cannot sell Archeum tree's for less than the vendor cost. If they did the same for credits... while supply and demand may make prices fluctuate... such an adjustment would prevent the utter DEVALUE of a cash product from dropping below a set 1:1 ratio. Thereby 1 credit could never be sold on auction for less than 1 gold. And this would not impact private trades who may still do this, but it would kind of help stabilize the market drop on credit values. As for "gobs of money" If I buy gobs of credit, theoretically I should get equal value worth, or I simply won't buy.

Not all of us can bug HOA for money.

1. Everyone is welcome to complete quest and enjoy Library Content.

2. 30g per 100 Credits, that was the price of them before Trion decided to Block ArcheRage's first donation system mabey try that price. Also if you try flood the market with insane amounts of Credits they become very cheap and i think thats basics of economy and you should know that(high supply + low demand = low price). What i'm saying is the server and its current economy state is not a problem, You are trying to force pay to win way by credits.

3. Start Playing the game . . . that dosent hurt. Cuz the game is not only about pvp.

What i'm saying is the server and its current economy state is not a problem

I wish I could agree with you Havoc but I think this is false. Game isn't new, population is low. A good some of the people that were willing to spend big money were buying straight gold instead and are banned, anyone that had money who whaled it a bit really doesn't seem to be spending much money anymore as far as I can tell in the current economic state and I'm not sure why anyone would with the current state of game. I used to cash shop a bit here, the only game I've actually indulged in P2W (any other cash shop games have been cosmetic only for me) I haven't spent really anything in like over a month now except to keep my labor stipend up and have no interest in really buying credits anymore because things just seem ____.

Some of the biggest funded MMOs like SWTOR, Wildstar and so many others failed once things went upside down and the companies went through a lot financially in effort to save those games , they had populations that dwarf this server and they still burned though SWTOR is still up it's an extremely quiet niche game now for something that was suppose to be a AAA Star Wars title to compete with WoW.

The forums always start to fill with despair when this cycle hits so I'm curious as to why some of you have so much faith that the population is going to just fix itself and the economy is going to make a 180 before we lose even more players? It seems pretty dire to me but I'm always open to hearing opposing reasons and ideas as to why this server is going to be the special one to survive when just about no other game has made it other than WoW in this genre when things are at this point. Maybe this server has already seen a dip like this before I got here and recouped? I just don't see the where the new influx of players is going to come from now because live is pretty gone and I don't see many more coming from that direction.

It's been said many times it might take weeks for the economy to become stable, my belief is if things don't change it won't and a lot of people will o/ within those two weeks only making the idea of the economy recovering more difficult.

Last edited:
Calm down, just cause someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it's a hostile thread. Jesus. Btw, pop is doing fine just right now lol

pop is doing fine just right now lol
Curious as to where your source of these statistics come from. I started on this server somewhere around 3 months ago and the main towns were full almost day and night, Halcyona had 2-3 raids. Now the main cities are usually empty unless it's a weekend everyone is bored and I haven't been to a Halcy with a fully functional raid in like 2 weeks or more.

I used to run into people all the time passing where I live with boats to rob, not so much now. Used to be a threat to drive merchants across for charcoal, now you can literally do it while watching netflix until your labor is drained.

Or maybe I'm just not having the same experience as some others right now, maybe people are getting robbed left and right and there's a ton of people playing I'm just not in the right place. To be fair as I mentioned I haven't had much time to actually participate in the game lately due to IRL but even then I would still remote in if away from home.

I dunno.

Where are your statistics coming from? statistics are numbers not "when I join there's not much so that obviously means the server is dying". Different times of the day have different amounts of people. This isn't even about server pop, this is about epic wanting to p2w with his 70k credits and not wanting to sell them at the price right now since they are low from boring boxes.

Where are your statistics coming from? statistics are numbers not "when I join there's not much so that obviously means the server is dying". Different times of the day have different amounts of people. This isn't even about server pop, this is about epic wanting to p2w with his 70k credits and not wanting to sell them at the price right now since they are low from boring boxes.

That's not what it's about at all, I sold all my credits, and I didn't pay to win those credits. They were a trade for a legendary item, thank you very much.

I could care less what I sell my credits for lol, you can ask anyone in east faction chat, they were on AH for 1015g and I sold all 130,000 of them for 750 - 900g ea. :D

upload_2018-9-17_0-25-39.png

Where are your statistics coming from? statistics are numbers not "when I join there's not much so that obviously means the server is dying".
Holy predictable rebuttal. Please read what I write before responding. When I joined the server things started popping and it was my opinion there was no population problem, the population of "Active" players has changed drastically from that time, my source is me and I have no reason to lie to myself about a game I'd like to keep playing.

In regards to Epic, I don't care. I've fought him in Arena on my Archer, RVR and participated in discussions with him on the forums, I've watched his stream, if you want to argue with him there's a little mail icon at the top right of your screen, start using PM instead, guy has always seemed respectable to me and he's from the opposing faction.

I stopped playing retail in 2015 and there were a lot of changes between then and 3.0, and the ArcheRage version has a few tweaks of its own as well. It can be confusing as you get used to the new layout but you'll get the hang of it! This is probably the best version of ArcheAge out there right now and I'm having as much fun here as I had during Beta.

Also, you posted this earlier today looking for a guild so being new to the server you'd think you would value the insight from people who have been here longer than you may have as I do for people who started on this server before me.

I didn't pay to win those credits.

View attachment 4338
130k credits . . . didn't pay to win guys

Holy predictable rebuttal. Please read what I write before responding. When I joined the server things started popping and it was my opinion there was no population problem, the population of "Active" players has changed drastically from that time, my source is me and I have no reason to lie to myself about a game I'd like to keep playing.

Then play and don't complain about server pop. Else your just like everyone else who "thinks" the server is dying when people have said that for the past few months. Obviously hasn't died and isn't going to any time soon.

130k credits . . . didn't pay to win guys

Then play and don't complain about server pop. Else your just like everyone else who "thinks" the server is dying when people have said that for the past few months. Obviously hasn't died and isn't going to any time soon.

I was referring to the credits you think I'm not selling cause Im trying to get more for them or whatever you're thinking lol.

I'm allowed to trade my items for credits in game if I so chose, why would it matter if someone p2w's anyways. Some people have kids and a job that can't sit in the game for 16 hours a day.

Either way, let's try to keep this thread on topic.

Cheers,

Cause your talking about economy like p2w is good for it. Know what inflation does? Armor and weapons right now are overpriced because of how easy they are to make. There's other ways to make money than crafting items. Also, I love how whenever people defend themselves for p2wing is "i have a life". Shouldn't that be the trade off? The strongest are the ones who can put there time into the game more than others? If you wanted to go pro and payed enough money to an org in counter-strike should you just be replaced with someone who put more hours into the game than you? Find a way to make money that includes the amount of time you have available.

I agree, let's stay on topic (or else the mods are going to close this thread).

What I'd really like to see are some more suggestions about what we can do to improve the state of the population and the economy. I've thrown a couple out there as have other people. Anybody else have some ideas?

Back