What's new

Endless Arrows V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRageQuit

Developers efforts to improve the situation for non-NA players is appreciated, but its clear at this point the changes have not worked as well as expected.
The current endless arrows configuration now puts a MASSIVE advantage towards people with lower latency and that is not going to contribute to server health at all. At least not in a way any of us want.

There was a discussion on AR Discord yesterday about the possibility of slowing down the fire rate of endless arrows, but scaling its damage up to compensate and maintain an effective damage output. Introducing a short delay from shot to shot allows higher ping users to maintain a rate of fire within an acceptable margin of lower ping users. Obviously there will still be limitations, nothing is going to help if you're stuck with 200+ms of latency, but right now the difference from 50>70>100ms is enormous.

Somebody gave the Flame endless arrows ancestral skill as an example on discord, which looked and sounded like it could be a good solution. But it would be good to have some discussion with the staff about how to move forward.

Community: Can we try to keep this on topic and with minimal levels of wailing. Its obvious something needs to be done, lets work it out while staying civil about it.

I will need to correct you a bit. Shot cooldown is currently a bit less than 200ms. It’s impossible for you to see the difference between 50/70/100ms because there is none.
Only the players with close to 200ms ping and higher should now notice the difference compared to other players.

I will need to correct you a bit. Shot cooldown is currently a bit less than 200ms. It’s impossible for you to see the difference between 50/70/100ms because there is none.
Only the players with close to 200ms ping and higher should now notice the difference compared to other players.

I think he gives those numbers because he tested it with players who have that ping and they then did indeed notice something... :/

I think he gives those numbers because he tested it with players who have that ping and they then did indeed notice something... :/
I would like to hear the thread starter reply, not just the reply based on the assumption.
What I provided, were the numbers given from the system and explaining why there can't be any difference at all if your ping is not close to 200ms and more.

I think i see diference here.

me 130-140ms

Vexus around 50ms

Your previous post was removed as it's irrelevant for this thread, no need to repost such. We are discussing the difference between the players with different ping we have right now, and you are providing a video of skill work from 4.0, that you know no longer possible to revert to, and just confuse others and make the thread go off topic.

All further thread irrelevant posts will be removed. Attempt to re-create them and derail thread discussion will lead to the forum account ban.

Sparkle no. That videos are from 4.5, just diferent ping. Thats current patch and thats diference in atack speed we facing.
No need to confuse players with incorrect information. Vexus video is not from the current Endless Arrows version. I can see it from even just looking on the Endless Arrows icon as it's changing, but the current skill version has no icon changing.​

And when you do tests on different pings, you need to open the damage log and check how many times damage was inflicted per 10-15 sec by players with different ping, so your tests would be based on the actual information, not just "feels like" info.​

Ah u mean version of endless arrow then ye i am sorry i will get new video today so it will be up to date and we can see it. But both videos are from 4.5.

Ok Thx i will do it correctly.

Last edited:
So we did correct videos we set our attack speed on same lvl and this are effects, 1st no additional buffs just raw attack speed we also calculated from this one how many arrows per 10 sec each of us shoot. we did that on the last 10 sec so with max stacked feral mark.

https://streamable.com/6fhh9

I shoot 40 arrows
Vexus shoot 57 arrows

As well we did test for attack speed and how it influence endless arrows

remade that one cuz didint notice freerunner

https://streamable.com/2fo0l

I very much hope that is providing proper information.

Last edited:
It’s impossible for you to see the difference between 50/70/100ms because there is none.

Ran a couple tests with Zing at the caernord training dummies. completely ungeared save for bow, 70 attack speed base, which climbs to ~300 over time. Once peak attack speed was reached we measured # of arrows fired over a 10s timespan as requested.

Over 4 tests i fired average 35 arrows every 10s, with a ping of 100-110ms
Zing was firing ~45 arrows every 10s, with a ping of 70-80ms

So over the course of a minute, zing would be firing as many as 60 additional arrows. If each of those hit for 1k hp, fuck even lowball 500hp there is no competition. I'd be roflstomped in an EA duel and that only gets worse as pings go down. Some of our NA guildies appear to have a frighteningly fast rate of fire, i'll try to get numbers tomorrow.

No, the test wasnt incredibly scientific, in a perfect world we should have repeated the test 50 times to get 'reliable' numbers but the point stands. There *is* a significant difference between people at latencies lower than you seem to think should make a difference.

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm not trying to get things put back the way they were, and i'm not trying use the situation to gain some advantage in some way (besides wanting the ability to pvp again with the gear i've built up since 2017). We want to see a system that works for a majority before the server loses more people that it cannot afford.

If you need further evidence, video or whatever let me know and i can try to get something uploaded.

and with this, youre talking about players like me who has that high of a ping.

With my 200ping, I shoot at almost the same rate as basic arrow(Using GPN). Not sure what was changed exactly but okays.

Thank you for testing and details. We are currently going through additional tests and skill settings in research on what else can be wrong and possible to be improved to reduce the ping gap.
Can we test it together as admins and playerbase? It would be an eye-opener to anyone who doesn't understand the recent changes or know what is going on

Can we test it together as admins and playerbase? It would be an eye-opener to anyone who doesn't understand the recent changes or know what is going on
That wouldn't work It would mean giving people access to the test server which isn't an option. We make changes then apply them to the server. People feedback on it.

Can we have any updates on how those fixes are going? I cannot stress how important this change is for the sake of balance in game.

My idea of solution for EA: make it work as basic attack (melee) - so its constant(as in description ITS CONSTANTS STREAM OF ARROWS) and no ping defendant (because on basic attack u got "start" signal(attack) and "stop" signal(canceling animation/using other skill/going away from target). This way player-archer base will get what we hope for and copying code and modifying it for tech administration should not be a big struggle.

My idea of solution for EA: make it work as basic attack (melee) - so its constant(as in description ITS CONSTANTS STREAM OF ARROWS) and no ping defendant (because on basic attack u got "start" signal(attack) and "stop" signal(canceling animation/using other skill/going away from target). This way player-archer base will get what we hope for and copying code and modifying it for tech administration should not be a big struggle.
Would not work. Auto attack activates the skill when it is off cooldown for you. So every shot still has the ping delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back