What's new

Hiram gear needs some love aswell.

I think once a day is a bit over kill and would lead to severe gear ramping, I don't really like the idea of time gates but at the same time its probably for the best that there is atleast some in the game to have people continually doing the dailies/helping others. I think a attempt every 2 days is good enough to satisfy players while also not just handing them stuff. But regardless of whatever comes out of this thread they should definitely do something to speed up the process to help the average player, there is a reason we play here and not official archeage.
i agree with ya, but you get to upgrade erenor any hour you want, you don't wait 2-3 days for it

i agree with ya, but you get to upgrade erenor any hour you want, you don't wait 2-3 days for it
Erenor also costs a metric fuck ton of gold compared to hiram which is mostly a labor sink if anything the two armor sets aren't really comparable.

We here on a private server too not have the same path as legacy, having to spend months just waiting for dailys to obtain scrolls while the top geared are already fully done with t2 upgrading in a single day. That just doesn't seem reasonable. They will have a big gear advantage for several months. This problem can be dealt with in different ways and not just mob drops.

Erenor also costs a metric fuck ton of gold compared to hiram which is mostly a labor sink if anything the two armor sets aren't really comparable.
you can't really compare both, you could potato for a few or swipe and get erenor, but for hiram you have to farm it yourself and just as how erenor takes labor, hiram does same, erenor takes more gold, but hiram takes more labor, time etc, erenor grades aren't restricted by tiers but hiram is, i do understand what ya mean, so well let's see what can happen, 1 try every 2 days is okay

Ok lets compromise buff the quests to allow 1 attempt every 2 days, as it stands you have to wait around 3 days per T4 attempt (without upgrading low tier scrolls up). I think this would be a way of showing good faith towards the playerbase and a decent quality of life change.
1 attempt every 2 days is way better that 3-4 days, sounds like a fair deal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt Archerage different from Archeage because of improved rates? We're already labor and time gated... increasing rates for red scrolls is definitly a good change... maybe and store quests for EHM like you have for WHM

I think once a day is a bit over kill and would lead to severe gear ramping, I don't really like the idea of time gates but at the same time its probably for the best that there is atleast some in the game to have people continually doing the dailies/helping others. I think a attempt every 2 days is good enough to satisfy players while also not just handing them stuff. But regardless of whatever comes out of this thread they should definitely do something to speed up the process to help the average player, there is a reason we play here and not official archeage.
An attempt every 2 days is already possible with doing both ehm and whm dailies. then converting the whm scrolls from the 3 daily quests rewards and farming some mobs for more scrolls.

An attempt every 2 days is already possible with doing both ehm and whm dailies. then converting the whm scrolls from the 3 daily quests rewards and farming 4 scrolls from the whm mobs.
Might be possible yes, what about people that still needs whm scrolls tho? It's not like we will awake a piece with 1 try.

Might be possible yes, what about people that still needs whm scrolls tho? It's not like we will awake a piece with 1 try.
If they need whm scrolls. Then they don't need ehm scrolls yet and would stockpile the result from doing ehm dailies till necessary.

An attempt every 2 days is already possible with doing both ehm and whm dailies. then converting the whm scrolls from the 3 daily quests rewards and farming some mobs for more scrolls.
West hiram would be 21 orange scrolls, turning into 4 radiant scrolls, you get 16 from east, so that is 20 in one day 40 in 2 days, "some mobs" for more scrolls is a big understatement, that would still be an hour of farming for most people just to get those last scrolls

Did someone mention the lowered xp of Erenor somewhere?

People be stuck in t3 epic, while most the Erenor people cruising in t2 eternal. Like yeah, you can’t really compare Erenor to Hiram, in terms of path and progress... but you can’t pull out mums credit card and swipe your way into t4 Hiram. Lmao

Something needs to change with the current Hiram t4/ehm situation...

If they need whm scrolls. Then they don't need ehm scrolls yet and would stockpile the result from doing ehm dailies till necessary.
People still working on both t2 and t3 pieces. But what joey said was to get enough scrolls for 1 try every 2 days without upgrading lower tier scrolls, which isnt much to ask, its more like a fair request.

People be stuck in t3 epic, while most the Erenor people cruising in t2 eternal. Like yeah, you can’t really compare Erenor to Hiram, in terms of path and progress... but you can’t pull out mums credit card and swipe your way into t4 Hiram. Lmao

Hiram gear is a slow progression kind of gearing path yes but its inexpensive. Any time you spend grinding hiram pays for the hiram infuse cost easily if not more then that. Erenor gear costs absurd amounts of gold for quick progression or even slow progression its really up to the players capital.

But I do think with erenor xp cost being reduced it would be fair to reduce hiram's xp requirements but maybe not at the same % probably lower.

indeed this is also a fact that there already has been a change/buff for erenor so where the compensation at for hiram

Hiram costs a fuckton of time and time is money. With the current situation it could take months to awaken a set of Hiram. It was a horrible decision on live and it’s even worse for a private server. I’m not interested in grinding my life away. I want to play casually. It’s why I left live and ultimately may be why I leave this server.

Last edited:
Would suggest reducing the scrolls needed to upgrade scroll tier but significantly increasing labor cost (potentially making something like 3 scrolls + 200/300 labor - that'd be 9 instead of 25 t2 scrolls + 900 labor for a t4 scroll).
Would make sense for the labor-expensive Hiram gear to have labor-based costs on scrolls.

Last edited:
I've seen that infusion rewards were doubled in most of old hiram quests, the pre 5.5 ones but number of heroic scrolls is still same x7 per quest(whm quests). Can we raise the number by at least around 50% ? Round 10 Heroics per quest won't hurt anyone on the long term, since people will still need them after all to covert them into t4 awakening scrolls.

Giving mobs a drop chance for awakening scrolls was universally disagreed against by all staff members due to it entirely breaking the flow t3-t4 equipment is meant to have.
Which is why it wasn't added when it was asked to be a change to 5.5. We still won't be doing it now.
It's not a flow? It's purposefully timegated to force people to keep playing, why not allow us to grind and just have fun? This isn't legacy

We here on a private server too not have the same path as legacy, having to spend months just waiting for dailys to obtain scrolls while the top geared are already fully done with t2 upgrading in a single day. That just doesn't seem reasonable. They will have a big gear advantage for several months. This problem can be dealt with in different ways and not just mob drops.
Just here to post my agreement with what the majority are saying on this post. The quote above echoing my thoughts. Please listen to what your players are saying, not relying on staff votes.

Back