Should we add this?

• Yes

Votes: 133 93.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These changes all seem great to me and nothing but good for everyone involved except maybe people who already have fully honor gemmed gear like myself. Even though my honor grind is over for this set of gear, I got extremely lucky and this will help others get up to PvP standards. If people have issues with some of the stuff in this that is fine, all I ask is that you please add the loyalty combat scrolls, grimiores, and unbound serendipity stones. Those 3 are extremely needed and very rare. Also the loyalty lunadrops are a good add too, maybe even consider adding the loyalty frosts for 3.0 attack.
Everything except the 3.0 things are in there.

- RNG: Standard useless korean MMO developer's brain cancer. We can't fix what is totally wrong.
-lack of PvP +all points: the core of the problems are the "unlimited" cash buffs and the disgusting business modell of AA in this server too. It's too real money centric system. If you pay more you got huge advantage in gear. Others will reach your gear level... maybe... after months or years. But who will farm in this "dirty" system for years? Do you want to be easy target for months? This is the main problem.
If you have better gear you will get more honor points. If you have more honor points you can gamble more gems and you will get extra advantage in gear. Better gear = faster PvE farming = more income in same time. You will be never effective compared to legendary cheeserunners or other cash players.
- abyssal: wrong timing: this "NA" server has many EU and "other" users. Playing at 3:00-5:00 in the morning is not real option. Abyssal is NA only event. 2nd halcy is near the same category. 1st halcy and 1st MM ar in too early hours after our Winter time zone changes.
- divine gear/enchants: same p2w problem: if you invest real money you will get more gold and you can buy limited resources like "lucky" items. If you farm your money you will have disadvantages. 1 roll/1 (or more) day(s) vs p2w not time locked upgrades. GG WP! You did it again, Trino2! :D

AND ... Start new REAL EU server and close marketplace to prevent this problems! Make Archeage great again! :D

PvP is out there, players can participate contesting small goals solo, or larger with their guilds if they choose to do so.
Acquiring gear by real money trade is something to be known in almost every online game out there, it can only be controled to a certain point.
No date on EU server, but the RU servers were adapted to have english translated client for EU players to enjoy with better ping and event timers.
The gap between highly geared and new players can often be closed by both RNG and smart gameplay.That is the exact reason why RNG must be part of the system since it allows all players the same chances mechanics wise.The honor socketing mechanic is a bit strict and it might be buffed, but more off part of the new items implemented in the honor shop that depend too much on other currency types.

Many items that have too low or too high market values have a way to be balanced.
And that is by what the new content will be guided with.

PvP is out there, players can participate contesting small goals solo, or larger with their guilds if they choose to do so.

Large scale contesting (Kraken, Red Dragon, Anthalon) happens, but small scale PvP (DS pvp for example) is pretty much dead at the moment.

Large scale contesting (Kraken, Red Dragon, Anthalon) happens, but small scale PvP (DS pvp for example) is pretty much dead at the moment.

Yep.

Adding the changes that Disrep has suggested would encourage more pvp, including DS pvp.

You bet your ass you'd see me out there healing just to get honor. =)

Acquiring gear by real money trade is something to be known in almost every online game out there, it can only be controled to a certain point.
No date on EU server, but the RU servers were adapted to have english translated client for EU players to enjoy with better ping and event timers.
The gap between highly geared and new players can often be closed by both RNG and smart gameplay.That is the exact reason why RNG must be part of the system since it allows all players the same chances mechanics wise.The honor socketing mechanic is a bit strict and it might be buffed, but more off part of the new items implemented in the honor shop that depend too much on other currency types.

Many items that have too low or too high market values have a way to be balanced.
And that is by what the new content will be guided with.

You mean: PVP vs higher GS p2w players who can kill larger groups in some seconds and run away without real risk? Yeah... AA is gear based game. Give us too strong real money "buffs" is against PvP.

EU-RU server: Do you like banana? We don't have it, but you can eat sands. We offer many sands for you. TY! :D

smart gameplay will not give you epic-legendary items and divine buffs in some days. The "Top" is bound to real money. RM trade destoy MMO games in this form. Others destroyed same game with same cash shop is not argument to do same things in "private" server. Ignoring problems and milk community is standard Trino tactic.

+give us more items vs honor will help a lot... and it will help others with higher GS too. Better gear NOW = more honor in same time. Yeah, put more items to honor shop! Help whales be stronger and spend less!

The gap between highly geared and new players can often be closed by both RNG and smart gameplay.That is the exact reason why RNG must be part of the system since it allows all players the same chances mechanics wise.

No, RNG can be bruteforced with money, just like everything else in life. When you have a heavily economically stratified society, "but you can just play the lottery" isn't much of a solution.

No, RNG can be bruteforced with money, just like everything else in life. When you have a heavily economically stratified society, "but you can just play the lottery" isn't much of a solution.
Correct.

P2w is such a big problem in this game because so many items is time gated. Because whales can bypass rng and time with raw paypower, it leaves a huge gap between those willing to pay and those not.

Regardless this thread wasn't supposed to be about p2w. I fixed the original post, I missed a page. Let me know what you guys think!

One point that has not really been explicitly highlighted: This is a private server and should be more entertaining than live.

The devs have a ds pvp day with increased rewards on Sundays, but I don't know nyone who actually goes and farms it (incentive too low). The devs increasing insentive based on the available rewards is a good thing.

Low geared players getting one shot by high gs players does one of two things...turns them into a carebears or lights a fire for them to become a beast. Without incentives like this people won't go the extra mile for Honor. If cr/great takes place during war and is not completely camped...incentive is too low.

You mean: PVP vs higher GS p2w players who can kill larger groups in some seconds and run away without real risk? Yeah... AA is gear based game. Give us too strong real money "buffs" is against PvP.

EU-RU server: Do you like banana? We don't have it, but you can eat sands. We offer many sands for you. TY! :D

smart gameplay will not give you epic-legendary items and divine buffs in some days. The "Top" is bound to real money. RM trade destoy MMO games in this form. Others destroyed same game with same cash shop is not argument to do same things in "private" server. Ignoring problems and milk community is standard Trino tactic.

+give us more items vs honor will help a lot... and it will help others with higher GS too. Better gear NOW = more honor in same time. Yeah, put more items to honor shop! Help whales be stronger and spend less!
You do realize that most of the honor people get at the moment comes from :
Mistmerrow quest (Not really PvP related in the end)
Halcyona quest (10 kills for an entire raid, once again you could afk follow your raid, and get this honor)
Luscas quest (both faction have pug raids)
Arenas (some arena modes are BALANCED meaning you can pay all you want it won't help in BALANCED arenas)

Sure, players with more gear can farm honor in zones like DS etc... but this is a lower honor income than you get by doing events and balanced arenas everyday.

The items you can farm are not items that would affect PvP that much, since the buffs are cheap enough to be paid for with event honor, and the gems would have higher socketing chances for EVERYONE. Whales at the moment already have their items gemmed, so this change would help a LOT of the free to play players get their gems in and survive fights a lot more.

You're doing a lot of complaining here, you should try to play smart and make gold instead

@echoes_of_eternity @mikroman
I respect the players spending via donations it can potentially keep the server up for unforeseeable amount of time.
It is not that they are spending little to gain much, players which have invested money to archieve high gear scores, have possibly spent more than couple of hundred which makes them funding the server, and in that way helping F2P players play it for free.
The issue i understand is that Real money trade via 3rd party websites which are afflicting the server balance and overall community morale greatly, is something which we can not fully prevent, without the help of the community.Reporting gold/account/item sellers is the start, cutting off their funds and adapting the game mechanics towards competetive gameplay.Best way is to send us a recordings of players who use teleport hacks to create that gold via tickets, and they will be dealt with.

Other than that can you name any specific suggestions as to how you would make the game less p2w dependent?

@Disrep It is related to the post since players can buy any honor amount from others for gold which they bought, therefore reaching full-socketed gear with close to no effort ingame.
Adding some of the items you suggested is possible if most of them are in bound form,excluding grimoire's, though Axis Mundi would have to be much more expensive, and i would restrain from adding high-end loyalty mounts since they are part of the marketplace.
Serendipity stone is too gated so adding it both via vocation and honor is an option but also at a high cost.

Do tell me your oppinion.

One point that has not really been explicitly highlighted: This is a private server and should be more entertaining than live.

The devs have a ds pvp day with increased rewards on Sundays, but I don't know nyone who actually goes and farms it (incentive too low). The devs increasing insentive based on the available rewards is a good thing.

Low geared players getting one shot by high gs players does one of two things...turns them into a carebears or lights a fire for them to become a beast. Without incentives like this people won't go the extra mile for Honor. If cr/great takes place during war and is not completely camped...incentive is too low.

I have noticed gating in warrior medals, will suggest DS PvP to include them for both solo and group pvp in war, but am still thinking of a way for it to not be kill count dependant, but more related in the very participation of pvp to give incentive for all players to have fun and fight for.

@Disrep It is related to the post since players can buy any honor amount from others for gold which they bought, therefore reaching full-socketed gear with close to no effort ingame.
Adding some of the items you suggested is possible if most of them are in bound form,excluding grimoire's, though Axis Mundi would have to be much more expensive, and i would restrain from adding high-end loyalty mounts since they are part of the marketplace.
Serendipity stone is too gated so adding it both via vocation and honor is an option but also at a high cost.

The mounts Disrep put at 60k honor in his thread are pretty much a waste of loyalty. I would rather spend my loyalty on luckies (which the server NEEDS) than on mounts. Be reminded we cannot have alts here, and alts are a HUGE source of loyalty on Trion's server. The pricing probably takes it into account.

Buying honor with gold presents a risk for geared players : If you try to buy honor from someone, they can definitely just keep the item you gave them, and scam you out of it.

As Disrep wrote, the prices are suggestions, increasing the price for Axis Mundi is definitely a good idea at the moment, 75k honor feels like it'd be pretty cheap.
Serendipity stone is currently time gated (one per month per account), making them too rare for non-paying players to buy. Having them farmeable would increase their supply, making good rolls costumes attainable to everyone.

The mounts Disrep put at 60k honor in his thread are pretty much a waste of loyalty. I would rather spend my loyalty on luckies (which the server NEEDS) than on mounts. Be reminded we cannot have alts here, and alts are a HUGE source of loyalty on Trion's server. The pricing probably takes it into account.

Buying honor with gold presents a risk for geared players : If you try to buy honor from someone, they can definitely just keep the item you gave them, and scam you out of it.

As Disrep wrote, the prices are suggestions, increasing the price for Axis Mundi is definitely a good idea at the moment, 75k honor feels like it'd be pretty cheap.
Serendipity stone is currently time gated (one per month per account), making them too rare for non-paying players to buy. Having them farmeable would increase their supply, making good rolls costumes attainable to everyone.

Currently i am taking into account that if hasla is implemented, it might become a parellel supply of lucky points, therefore leaving mounts to RNG boxes and Loyalty.It is yet to be determined if lucky points will be tradable ,and if yes ,will it be similar system as with the synthium, making it more costly to craft tradable lucky points with bound luckies for personal use at normal rates.

@echoes_of_eternity

The Loyalty mounts are currently not on the marketplace, only in the loyalty shop. My reasoning for this is for reasons I stated to another member.

625 loyalty for any of these mounts is not healthy for specifically this server. Reason being is because we cannot have alts. Generating loyalty to use for things like the Tracker gems, Crit damage gems, and Luckies becomes much more crucial. You could get away with it on live because on person could have 10 alts gaining loyalty, but not here. It's an unnecessary time gate that actually only holds the server back.

The Loyalty mounts are currently not on the marketplace, only in the loyalty shop. My reasoning for this is for reasons I stated to another member.

625 loyalty for any of these mounts is not healthy for specifically this server. Reason being is because we cannot have alts. Generating loyalty to use for things like the Tracker gems, Crit damage gems, and Luckies becomes much more crucial. You could get away with it on live because on person could have 10 alts gaining loyalty, but not here. It's an unnecessary time gate that actually only holds the server back.

As the mounts are not a necessity for gameplay, vanity items which create a sense of archivement and should not be accessible to every player to gain in only a few days of farming honor.Together with them being added by ArcheRage team in RNG boxes rotations.The boxes will contain Gliders, Costumes and Mounts for now and that is their main purpose.

Currently i am taking into account that if hasla is implemented, it might become a parellel supply of lucky points, therefore leaving mounts to RNG boxes and Loyalty.It is yet to be determined if lucky points will be tradable ,and if yes ,will it be similar system as with the synthium, making it more costly to craft tradable lucky points with bound luckies for personal use at normal rates.
I see your point when it comes to assuming hasla will be implemented, however this is still perfectly fine.

Like I said in my previous post, aside from luckies, there is other things that are worth being put into the game, such as the crit gems and the trackers. It's just right now the only thing that's actually worth it is the lucky points.

As the mounts are not a necessity for gameplay, vanity items which create a sense of archivement and should not be accessible to every player to gain in only a few days of farming honor.Together with them being added by ArcheRage team in RNG boxes rotations.The boxes will contain Gliders, Costumes and Mounts for now and that is their main purpose.
And if that is your reasoning, that's fine when it comes to things like the pegasus, griffin, and mounts like that. They are vanity, and I get that.

Dread Steed and Shayeera? Not so much. Having those items at super high honor prices is a sense of accomplishment, and gives people a more reasonable grind. I dont believe those mounts specifically should be locked behind a paywall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back