What's new

land solution

Give every account a restriction on how many lands they can have per account

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
please give every account a restriction on how many lands they can have per account.

I just tried to return this game back because it was fun to farm and trade but now i see there is no land to work with and now since i have a full time job i don't have much time i used to have. I cannot grind as much as other players to buy the ridiculous priced lands.

No time to go to demos? No time to farm gold? Don't worry, if you have a job, you can play the game the way you want!
Introducing the new and improved...

1200px-Visa.svg.png

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taxes are generated by labor and/or cash shop. Labor is 4x on this server. That means every account has the labor/taxes to pay for 4x the amount of property on this server than what they could on live. And yet the amount of land available is the same as on live; this means unless you have less than 1/4 of the players live does, the available land will inevitably be less for new players.

Moreover if anyone manages to run an alt account undetected (and I don't doubt that this happens), those 2 accounts become the equivalent of running 8 accounts on live, easily multiplying the issue.

If they wanted to solve this issue by saying "taxes limit the amount of land you can own" then it seems logical to expect that they would multiply the cost of taxes by 4 versus what they are on live. That would make it the live-equivalent of the labor/tax cost versus land capacity. It also wouldn't put a hard limit on the available land, but would restrict the amount of land people have to a more equitable level. It would also be a better situation than live because on live it wasn't disallowed to have alt accounts; some people ran 2-10 accounts to multiply their labor and property count. Although that's easier to do here in terms of labor/cost, at least it is against the rules.

Personally as a new player I only found a place for a 16x16 farm after searching most of the continent I was on, and the idea of finding a plot for a 24x24 feels like a fantasy. Meanwhile I see entire neighborhoods dominated by a small handful of players with multiple houses and farms side by side. It feels rather stupid and demoralizing and it was one of the contributing factors for why I quite Archeage originally; so much of the professions are tied to land ownership and then gated behind a mechanic that isn't in your control at all.

Personally as a new player I only found a place for a 16x16 farm after searching most of the continent I was on, and the idea of finding a plot for a 24x24 feels like a fantasy. Meanwhile I see entire neighborhoods dominated by a small handful of players with multiple houses and farms side by side. It feels rather stupid and demoralizing and it was one of the contributing factors for why I quite Archeage originally; so much of the professions are tied to land ownership and then gated behind a mechanic that isn't in your control at all.

I've been a LONG proponent of saying you can't just rock up to a housing zone and expect to be able to plonk down whatever farm you like whereever you like but it's definitely possible to find 24x24 for free... just this week heaps of land opened up in one zone in Perinoor and Rookborne if you are on Haranya side, though they were demolitions.
Then for the whole continent I mean... imagine how many demo's a day... :D

But as for "actually free" land myself and a few friends found plenty of 16s around and even a few 24s slots -- no one walking around looking so we could even take our merry time to go to Mirage Isle and buy a thatched design to plonk down...

Veteran's Luck maybe?

Taxes are generated by labor and/or cash shop. Labor is 4x on this server. That means every account has the labor/taxes to pay for 4x the amount of property on this server than what they could on live. And yet the amount of land available is the same as on live; this means unless you have less than 1/4 of the players live does, the available land will inevitably be less for new players.

Moreover if anyone manages to run an alt account undetected (and I don't doubt that this happens), those 2 accounts become the equivalent of running 8 accounts on live, easily multiplying the issue.

If they wanted to solve this issue by saying "taxes limit the amount of land you can own" then it seems logical to expect that they would multiply the cost of taxes by 4 versus what they are on live. That would make it the live-equivalent of the labor/tax cost versus land capacity. It also wouldn't put a hard limit on the available land, but would restrict the amount of land people have to a more equitable level. It would also be a better situation than live because on live it wasn't disallowed to have alt accounts; some people ran 2-10 accounts to multiply their labor and property count. Although that's easier to do here in terms of labor/cost, at least it is against the rules.

The amount of landis not like in the oficial server ,it is less as for taxes i think with the 4.0 patch they will be expensive . How do u stop players from triing to own 10 properties ? , u can t .it might be a solution, the increase land, and i think that will come with the new patch however is depends how much free land will be available cause if there will be like onli 2 or 3 plots for lets say 24by 24 each that wont be a very good solution.I made a coment earlier in the development area regarding that ink from kraken i think, and i said fairplay , i think thats the solution for the land too , that is what mising from that game the fairplay from others who dont care about the rest.

I found a 24x as a relatively new player.. by accident. I remember it clearly because I had just decided I wanted a bit more than a cottage... then poof, I found a 24x and placed the manor I still use today.

I found a 24x as a relatively new player.. by accident. I remember it clearly because I had just decided I wanted a bit more than a cottage... then poof, I found a 24x and placed the manor I still use today.
Well according to your profile you joined a full year ago, at least. It wouldn't be crazy to imagine land has become more scarce since then. People keep telling me land goes up for demo or is available, but I have actually gone to look at most of the housing areas in Haranya and it has been only the one 16x16 that I found; and that was only barely. Most housing plots are full of empty, seemingly unused gazebos and treehouses that just take up crap loads of space. There's a 16x16 farm right next to mine that has legitimately not had a single thing planted in it the entire 3 weeks or so I've played.

Well according to your profile you joined a full year ago, at least. It wouldn't be crazy to imagine land has become more scarce since then. People keep telling me land goes up for demo or is available, but I have actually gone to look at most of the housing areas in Haranya and it has been only the one 16x16 that I found; and that was only barely. Most housing plots are full of empty, seemingly unused gazebos and treehouses that just take up crap loads of space. There's a 16x16 farm right next to mine that has legitimately not had a single thing planted in it the entire 3 weeks or so I've played.

land was already scarce when I joined, this discussion on forum has been going since then at least.. in different threads.

In Rokhala there are currently 2 workbench 8x8 properties, 18 small house/farm 16x16 properties, 6 medium house 24x24 properties, 4 large home 28x28 properties and 1 mansion up for sale as of this morning. There is a reason why people don't take these threads seriously. People don't just want land, they want specific types of land in certain positions of the map and then complain about none being available or being sold for a high price. There is plenty of land available throughout the world via demos or people selling their unused property and there are various ways to make money to earn enough gold to purchase a property within 2-4 weeks. Most people who make these threads are impatient, stubborn, ignorant or a combination of the three.

Yesterday i found for free 2 spots in DS a 28x28 and 16x16 in DS close to the place where packs are crafted for prestige, i could fit there a mansion if i wanted, so what is the land problem you talking about?

Remove the prepay system and most of land problems will be resolved.

I had neighboors (a entire family that ocupied a 120x150 area in Mahadevi) for almost half a year that didnt played this time, only logged every 4~5 weeks to renew taxes.

I had neighboors (a entire family that ocupied a 120x150 area in Mahadevi) for almost half a year that didnt played this time, only logged every 4~5 weeks to renew taxes.

I'd rather not have that removed. Sure there are some crazy exceptions, but I would rather not lose my shit if I have to move irl or get sick, and dont have access to pc for unavoidable reasons.

Edit: also keep in mind, the more you prepay the more expensive it is to place new land.. so at least people who prepay won't get new land very fast.

My old pc broke down, and I had to wait more than a month for my new pc to be ready, I had to use an old laptop just to get in the game and prepay the taxes, you think it's fair if I had lost all my land that did it take me a year to work on having them if this rule existed? And not only lost the land, I have in my chest's over 500 thousand gold in items.

Last edited:
My old pc broke down, and I had to wait more than a month for my new pc to be ready, I had to use an old laptop just to get in the game and prepay the taxes, you think it's fair if I had lost all my land that did it take me a year to work on having them if this rule existed? And not only lost the land, I have in my chest's over 500 thousand gold in items.
Fair is something that will never ocurr in a Sandbox housing system, each idea you place on a table some people will be affected (my family will be affected if this system is removed because my GF travel every 6 months and get 15~20 days off computer) i didnt gave the idea thinking about the best for myself (because i have benefits on this system aswell), i gave an ideia that will make things dificult to some, but hard to almost every landgrabber.
But as admin said you dont need to worry because removing this system is off the table <3

Fair is something that will never ocurr in a Sandbox housing system, each idea you place on a table some people will be affected (my family will be affected if this system is removed because my GF travel every 6 months and get 15~20 days off computer) i didnt gave the idea thinking about the best for myself (because i have benefits on this system aswell), i gave an ideia that will make things dificult to some, but hard to almost every landgrabber.
But as admin said you dont need to worry because removing this system is off the table <3
Im not worried, when i started playing, there was no land, i had to bought it and later i grabed some free spots, like i did few days ago as i posted before. If you look around you will find land, or just buy like i did. I know is hard for new players to find land, i've been there before, here and in live server. Sorry for my bad English, is not my native language. :)

Last edited:

why even start a discussion when Sjinderson said it won't happen? ;-;

I a new in server playing from tommorow.
Im dont care who how many farm have, if someone is a potato even mastercard dont help him even milionfarms.
But today i get rly mad i lose 3 hrs becouse of searching for a plot all is full.
but more interesting is that 90% of the farms are empty, is all empty farm stay in land EMPTY!
If is there any Harani that want help REAL ROYAL fighter and killer like nuians and potato farmers give me a land in Auroria, by that way i will regrade/craft faster.
Thanks for attention.
@ ingame Zdr
Yours sincerely, Harania Warrior!

Last edited by a moderator:
I a new in server playing from tommorow.
Im dont care who how many farm have, if someone is a shit hole potato even mastercard dont help him even milionfarms.
But today i get rly mad i lose 3 hrs becouse of searching for a plot all is full.
but more interesting is that 90% of the farms are empty, is all empty farm stay in land EMPTY!
If is there any Harani that want help REAL ROYAL fighter and killer of shitholes like nuians and potato farmers give me a land in Auroria, by that way i will regrade/craft faster.
Thanks for attention.
@ ingame Zdr
Yours sincerely, Harania Warrior!

ty for repeating what everyone else says. fyi - my land is empty while i sleep most of the time so ye maybe its just bad timing for running around.

Back