What's new

Launcher stuck on "Downloading and Unpacking files"

zzkk

I've been having an issue with the launcher where it checks and downloads the majority of the files and then gets stuck on "downloading and unpacking"

unknown.png

I've tried downloading using both the direct download and the torrent, as well as making exceptions in my antivirus and disabling it. I've done everything listed in the common client issues thread and I'm still having the same issue. Any ideas for a possible fix?

Hi!

It may take some time for the unpacking to complete. How much time did you wait to make sure you were stuck at it?

I waited about an hour for them to finish but it stayed at 2/2 even after restarting the launcher and waiting another half hour. Tried this with both the torrent and the direct.

Are you running the launcher as admin after adding the game to the AV?
You need the game folder, Archeage.exe and Launcher.exe as exceptions

I am also having the exact same issue. "Downloading and Unpacking" is stuck on 2/2 and I can't hit "Play". I'm running the launcher as admin, I have all the folders it would possibly access marked as exceptions in my antivirus (Bitdefender). DirectX9 Has been updated, etc. Still stuck.

Are the images on the launcher changes every few seconds or are they frozen

Are the images on the launcher changes every few seconds or are they frozen

Also have the same problem here, after running it on Linux i found out the client generate stack overflows which seems to point to a race condition on some threads but well i can't debug it any further since it doesn't ship with debug symbols or anything else to provide a useful back trace.

Also the client leaks memory at some point but again can't provide anything useful

I would recommend your development team that maybe they could something akin to Clang/GCC ASAN or Intel VTune?

Having the same problem, was having the launch error, adding the exceptions to my AV didn't work so I uninstalled both my av and archerage. Windows defender is disabled, reinstalled the game and it just loops through downloading and unpacking files (a 2.55mb file) and save client data... Been going over an hour. Reinstalled again and doing the exact same thing, any help? It cannot be the AV

Having the same problem, was having the launch error, adding the exceptions to my AV didn't work so I uninstalled both my av and archerage. Windows defender is disabled, reinstalled the game and it just loops through downloading and unpacking files (a 2.55mb file) and save client data... Been going over an hour. Reinstalled again and doing the exact same thing, any help? It cannot be the AV
Why do you think it can't be your AV? Such error occurs exactly because of the AV intruding. Though you may think you disabled your AV, another protection could start working instead.
Due to it, we don't recommend to completely disable your AV or windows defender but instead leave it running but add game files to the exceptions.
Please check this thread - https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/launcher-launch-error.9034/ - and doublecheck the list of exceptions you have, with the one from the thread, also make sure all the recommended steps were made.

The best option is to turn on your Windows Defender and add the exceptions listed in the thread I linked you above.

Back