What's new

Player Nations are killing this server.

Wrong. You need to look up what "sand box" actually means. Here's a hint: it's not "pvp plus other stuff".
If you Google search "Archeage" first item for the description of the game by Live goes as follows, "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO". Get the freedom to do what you want to do." So you may feel i am wrong but when i look/search for "Archeage" it states what it is all about in the first sentence. So i looked it up and according to the Dev's that is the selling point. It sceams it in your face simple, plain, and effectively what your getting into. So if that is the stance/selling point "I know it was what made me try the game" It will attract PvP types to a "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO. Get the freedom to do what you want to do" and this remains my reason that Player Nations should remain even if it makes my game play more difficult. When i looked up "Sandbox MMO" these were the most common among several definitions #1 Sandbox MMOs offer the freedom of choice. Characters explore the game on their own terms, and for the most part enjoy open-ended goals that allow them to explore all the sandbox MMO has to offer at their own pace. #2 "Combat within a sandbox MMO is often player-versus-player, or PvP." oh and don't forget #3 "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO". My sources for #1 and #2 Giantbomb.com and #3 Is the Archeage home page. You can't miss it because it is the first line in the description I just did my homework and did what you said. I thought you were trying to make your point not support mine lol For good measure if you happened to missed it Archeage Home page: "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO. Get the freedom to do what you want to do" Pro tip: Here is a hint for you. Look up shit first prior to making an arguement. Google is ez to use, how can you tell me to look something up that you clearly did not. "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO(<==PvP). Get the freedom to do what you want to do"(<== other stuff) So i gues it is PvP and other stuff damn i thought you had me on that point -.- Did i mention it is on the Archeage Home page???

I think you are misunderstanding, 90% of my players are native east players. I think we have maybe 10 west players that will eventually be east aswell, and then all of the PN2 players that are even half decent come from east aswell. You seem quick to assume and insult I'm sorry this isn't a server safe for snowflakes.
There is no misunderstanding. You tried to recruit anyone with a high GS. A lot of your precious East side players who were the absolute most toxic people around. Remember 10 boys with spatulas anyone? Even when they were on the east side they would purple at events but after they joined player nation, a lot of them eventually got bored and left for live or other games. You have no choice but to go to the west side. Here you think you are fooling people. It is about control over all of the content. You guys made Halcy not worth doing. It was not longer east vs west but PN controlling who won or lost by throwing their weight around. Halcy was only fun in the morning when your guys weren't around. The same with Hasla. PN killed every one and took all of the content and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Funny how the tables have turned now that PN is asking the east for help to come to this, to that, after PN took a giant dump on the heads of everyone in that faction.

Last edited:
If you Google search "Archeage" first item for the description of the game by Live goes as follows, "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO". Get the freedom to do what you want to do." So you may feel i am wrong but when i look/search for "Archeage" it states what it is all about in the first sentence. So i looked it up and according to the Dev's that is the selling point. It sceams it in your face simple, plain, and effectively what your getting into. So if that is the stance/selling point "I know it was what made me try the game" It will attract PvP types to a "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO. Get the freedom to do what you want to do" and this remains my reason that Player Nations should remain even if it makes my game play more difficult. When i looked up "Sandbox MMO" these were the most common among several definitions #1 Sandbox MMOs offer the freedom of choice. Characters explore the game on their own terms, and for the most part enjoy open-ended goals that allow them to explore all the sandbox MMO has to offer at their own pace. #2 "Combat within a sandbox MMO is often player-versus-player, or PvP." oh and don't forget #3 "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO". My sources for #1 and #2 Giantbomb.com and #3 Is the Archeage home page. You can't miss it because it is the first line in the description I just did my homework and did what you said. I thought you were trying to make your point not support mine lol For good measure if you happened to missed it Archeage Home page: "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO. Get the freedom to do what you want to do" Pro tip: Here is a hint for you. Look up shit first prior to making an arguement. Google is ez to use, how can you tell me to look something up that you clearly did not. "The ultimate Sandbox PvP MMO(<==PvP). Get the freedom to do what you want to do"(<== other stuff) So i gues it is PvP and other stuff damn i thought you had me on that point -.- Did i mention it is on the Archeage Home page???

You missed something very important. If there is no one left playing, you can't kill anyone. This game requires a lot of cooperation and grind. If you don't throw money into the game then the grind will take you forever. People who throw money into the game stomp all over those who are grinding. If those grinding give up and leave you are left with no one to stomp on.

According to Flipsy west has tried to help build or fund an embassy but there is no room for one on the castle land apparently. Furthermore an alliance imo would do very little to help west at this time. Those of us that are west need to remember this same thing happened to East for several months last year with PN1 pre-alliance. west dominated events yet i dont remember any east players making a thread about it. east just kept showing up and doing what they could.
They stopped going to events is how they dealt with it.

Fun fact, only Trion tried to lure people with the 'ultimate sandbox PVP' tagline. Jake Song, the creator of Archeage who is still in charge, has never deemed Archeage a 'PVP oriented' game.

Fun fact, only Trion tried to lure people with the 'ultimate sandbox PVP' tagline. Jake Song, the creator of Archeage who is still in charge, has never deemed Archeage a 'PVP oriented' game.
Exactly! I forgot about that. Trion said a lot of things to lure people in, Including founders would get 10% off in the market place.

You missed something very important. If there is no one left playing, you can't kill anyone. This game requires a lot of cooperation and grind. If you don't throw money into the game then the grind will take you forever. People who throw money into the game stomp all over those who are grinding. If those grinding give up and leave you are left with no one to stomp on.
Word? It takes cooperation and Grinding? Then the excuse "people throw money into the game" will stomp on those of us grinding? what are you grinding that you get PK? I came to the server after it was open for a year and worked on my gear and maybe spent a whopping $300 on credits over that span of a 1 1/2 years. My IGN:Threeve look at my gear I am no whale. I have good gear, not great but took a lot of grinding/crafting/packs ect… but nearing 10k GS anyone new-ish or casual assumes these people are whales. There are Whales I am not going to argue against that but some of us just managed the time we had to play better than others. I can set aside 2-3 hours to play that is juggled around work and family obligations so I maximize my time. I don't waste it making excuse why others have stuff I don't and make excuse after excuse why things are not fair. So I make it fair by working towards gear , gold, PvP skill set goals. I am sure that I am better geared than some whales and I am sure that some whales are better geared than me but at this point I can be competitive with them or others that worked for their gear. I got stomped on when I first started as a 2.8k cleric (No starter pack) but I didn't give up because I had not put in the work yet and didn't expect to be given anything I didn't earn. I grinded and didn't frail out because 6k's were dumpstering me I just kept working on my gear because I knew what AA was all about and gear is important in being competitive but not the be all end all. I recommend setting goals to work toward not excuses. If you quit then you quit the only person that will control that is you. If you are not having fun then don't play imo because if I didn't I would not be here. Most people now can farm AE and WH in war for the entire time w/ out getting PK. PN1 dosnt show up to CR,GR, or lusca really anymore. So now is the perfect time to grind. The sea is basically safe unless you get spotted and are smart about it by bringing at least 1 person to be on radar. Land is cheaper and more abundant that in the past. I make gold by running 2 merch of larders for coal and aqua farm which makes me around 2-3k a day for 1 hour of work. I then can spend 2hrs at sea doing Pirate stuff or find PVP. With increased labor on this server there is no reason not to make gold hand over fist if you try. I mean I could swipe for $100 dollars and make an ez 40k or just do what I normally do to make 28-42k in 2 weeks for free. Hard core crafters/potatoes make way more than that because imo my gold generation is low but I enjoy doing other stuff. So I suggest come up with a plan that works for you so that you in 6 months you don't have to make excuses anymore. I mean this not as an insult but I see things differently than you apparently do. It made me want to do better not quit when I was getting stomped as a 2-3k and now I am almost a 10k Hierophant that only occasionally gets stomped =D. I wish you luck man hope you stick around. If you need help grinding I help carry Serp, Mistsong, and dahuta often just message me in game. I don't need those anymore (ran hundreds of times) but will help heal your group.

I didn't know that. Well it worked for me <=== lured

They stopped going to events is how they dealt with it.
They still showed 12-15 strong with "Footlong" saying stuff about Poop. They didn't stop showing, there was no alliance at the time and PN1 recruited majority of geared East players that PvP so there numbers dropped. Cr and GR would be full but all low GS and we Westies would go wipe east that their events. Just ask Flipsy because he was leading these raids. I am not saying there was not one or 2 times they didn't show but they most of the time did. There was even a pointwere after halcy for the East that showed we would let them get their 10 kills done. Again Flipsy can back me up on this because he was leading these raids in west faction discord for several months when we had success.

They still showed 12-15 strong with "Footlong" saying stuff about Poop. They didn't stop showing, there was no alliance at the time and PN1 recruited majority of geared East players that PvP so there numbers dropped. Cr and GR would be full but all low GS and we Westies would go wipe east that their events. Just ask Flipsy because he was leading these raids. I am not saying there was not one or 2 times they didn't show but they most of the time did. There was even a pointwere after halcy for the East that showed we would let them get their 10 kills done. Again Flipsy can back me up on this because he was leading these raids in west faction discord for several months when we had success.
Compared to the full raid of people, that used to go to halsa on the west, that is quite the drop off. The also the calls to come join halsa have decreased. Pretty sure the ones who are going are mostly player nation since they are allied with the east atm. There were threats that PN would leave the east if more people did not come to events. CR and GR only has half the amount of people attending if that. And the west side if I remeber right, they had two full raids going to halcy in the morning. While there are people who still want to go to the events, the attendance has dramatically decreased.

Compared to the full raid of people, that used to go to halsa on the west, that is quite the drop off. The also the calls to come join halsa have decreased. Pretty sure the ones who are going are mostly player nation since they are allied with the east atm. There were threats that PN would leave the east if more people did not come to events. CR and GR only has half the amount of people attending if that. And the west side if I remeber right, they had two full raids going to halcy in the morning. While there are people who still want to go to the events, the attendance has dramatically decreased.
Dude really I don't even know who you are. What is your IGN? Last few days I have been at Halcy with me (Threeve) like four other people from Iron head Guild. Today it was like 12 of us with Awoken leading. So with all this opinion on how bad things are, who are you? Are you even showing up to these events? I know what your saying BECAUSE NI**A I AM THERE losing right along with the other 4 to 12 people that will show. Full Buffing and spawning pets and that is just to get our 10 kills (Which we did lol thanks Awoken) Then I purpled on the people that did not get there 10 so they could finish their quest. So yea attendance has decrease and we don't have full raids. But for real what is this shit going to change? You know what is good for attendance #1 logging off forums and showing up in game to the event. If you are this vocal here there is no way I would have missed you in a Halcy , AE, WH, or MM. So if I am to listen to your point and it hold weight I hope I recognize you as someone that shows up to these shit shows. No offense we all do the best we can but these people showed up when we rolled East and most of these people still show now that we get Rolled. I see Ragequit, Abjam, Num, Sephy, Escanor (b4 ban =( ) Wynather, Awoken ,and a few others I cant think of at this moment. So maybe your right PN is killing the server! So what do you win now that you proven right? Nothing, you get nothing till PN is removed in later patches possibly. Then the next argument will be "Lock New East toons from being made" East has too many and it is killing the server! LOL , it never ends

Last edited by a moderator:
Close this thread it is pointless and is going nowhere. Most of the people writing don't even show up to the events that are in discussion. Most are probably on the fence pvp/Rp players that miss the days of easy honor and feel they will never catch up in gear because of P2W and Whales. All of us that have played AA know these people, they are the one's that wont put in the $$$$ or the Time to have gear. They just want gear that everyone either $$ for or put in work (time) for because "This game is not fair (stomps foot) tears ect…" Yea I am going to categorize these players because they are the first to complain and frail out. Things like hard work, goals, and determination escape these player types. It will always be unfair and there will always be the excuses why they don't have what others do. If you came to Archeage to be competitive and not expect to put in $$$ or time you lied to yourself. These same people even if given the gear everyone has would then complain that they must be losing to "Macro's" when in fact a small amount of people really do imo. There is no end to the excuses and you can never really makes player types like these happy. So I say stop threatening about "leaving the server" and do it already, most of us will probably never notice you were gone. The server may die but you frail types wont be the last breath

Last edited:
Dude really I don't even know who you are. What is your IGN? Last few days I have been at Halcy with me (Threeve) like four other people from Iron head Guild. Today it was like 12 of us with Awoken leading. So with all this opinion on how bad things who are you? Are you even showing up to these events? I am know what your saying BECAUSE NI**A I AM THERE losing right along with the other 4 to 12 people that will show. Full Buffing and spawning pets and that is just to get our 10 kills (Which we did lol thanks Awoken) Then I purpled on the people that did not get there 10 so they could finish their quest. So yea attendance has decrease and we don't have full raids. But for real what is this shit going to change? You know what is good for attendance #1 logging off forums and showing up in game to the event. If you are this vocal here there is no way I would have missed you in a Halcy , AE, WH, or MM. So if I am to listen to your point and it hold weight I hope I recognize you as someone that shows up to these shit shows. No offense we all do the best we can but these people showed up when we rolled East and most of these people still show now that we get Rolled. I see Ragequit, Abjam, Num, Sephy, Escanor (b4 ban =( ) Wynather, Awoken ,and a few others I cant think of at this moment. So maybe your right PN is killing the server! So what do you win now that you proven right? Nothing, you get nothing till PN is removed in later patches possibly. Then the next argument will be "Lock New East toons from being made" East has too many and it is killing the server! LOL , it never ends

There used to be 2 full raids on the west going to halcy. One was lead by Zielony and the other ran by Exeth. This was in the morning. They were both in a guild called winter. At night there was only one raid on each side, east and west and PN made it more difficult to fight easy VS west because they keep coming and killing everyone. My feeling at the time is if PN wants halcy then they can have it. I don't go to events anymore. Since this is a sandbox game I am allowed to do that. I nor anyone else is obligated to go. Why don't you ask the west side why there are not 2 full raids anymore. Next time you see PN thank them for running halcy for other people.

Further more the thread is named
which is why I am commenting. I agree PN is killing this server.

Last edited by a moderator:
Close this thread it is pointless and is going nowhere. Most of the people writing don't even show up to the events that are in discussion. Most are probably on the fence pvp/Rp players that miss the days of easy honor and feel they will never catch up in gear because of P2W and Whales. All of us that have played AA know these people, they are the one's that wont put in the $$$$ or the Time to have gear. They just want gear that everyone either $$ for or put in work (time) for because "This game is not fair (stomps foot) tears ect…" Yea I am going to categorize these players because they are the first to complain and frail out. Things like hard work, goals, and determination escape these player types. It will always be unfair and there will always be the excuses why they don't have what others do. If you came to Archeage to be competitive and not expect to put in $$$ or time you lied to yourself. These same people even if given the gear everyone has would then complain that they must be losing to "Macro's" when in fact a small amount of people really do imo. There is no end to the excuses and you can never really makes player types like these happy. So I say stop threatening about "leaving the server" and do it already, most of us will probably never notice you were gone. The server may die but you frail types wont be the last breath

When you are able to show everyone here a video, someone in celestial dungeon gear beat someone like Dahmer or Snipe in a duel. Then I will listen to those who say gear doesn't matter.

When you are able to show everyone here a video, someone in celestial dungeon gear beat someone like Dahmer or Snipe in a duel. Then I will listen to those who say gear doesn't matter.

Gear absolutely matters, especially in games like this one who's original provider(?) forced the game down the p2w route. I don't care how good you are, someone like me with 2.8 gs isn't going to be competitive. Period.

I hate to burst the current bubble, but as its been mentioned previously even with the removal of player nations almost all the geared players with an IQ above 40 would be placed back into east and the east would dominate the server along with every event.
better red than PN

There used to be 2 full raids on the west going to halcy. One was lead by Zielony and the other ran by Exeth. This was in the morning. They were both in a guild called winter. At night there was only one raid on each side, east and west and PN made it more difficult to fight easy VS west because they keep coming and killing everyone. My feeling at the time is if PN wants halcy then they can have it. I don't go to events anymore. Since this is a sandbox game I am allowed to do that. I nor anyone else is obligated to go. Why don't you ask the west side why there are not 2 full raids anymore. Next time you see PN thank them for running halcy for other people.

Exeth has not played in a year, i was referring to Flipsy raids when we dominated. We dominated then Iplayplate(Zielony) lead raids but damn back then Escanor was a plate SK man. You still have not given your IGN but you answered my suspicion by stating you dont show up to events that you weighed in on. You further say it is a sand Box game and play the way you want to and no one else should feel Obligated to go to events. I AGREEE WITH THAT 100% , THAT IS WHY I DONT HAVE TO ASK ANYONE ABOUT FULL RAIDS I JUST SHOW UP TO WIN/LOSE I SHOW UP. I GO OUT TO SEA TO PIRATE GREEN/REDS AND ENJOY DOING IT. I SPEND SOME TIME DOING REAL STUFF TO MAKE GOLD ECT.... KILLING THE SERVER OR NOT YOUR TAKING AWAY A PLAYERS AND I QUOTE YOU WHEN I SAY , "I dont show up to events anymore. Since this is a sandbox game i am allowed to do that. Nor anyone else is obligated to go." So when it suits you I see you ride the "high horse" of Sandbox freedom but yet want to take away from other players that should be allowed the same freedom. This is my point for the entire thread! Why should anyone make these people disband from a group of people they clearly want to play with??? How is that fair? Notice how i never said West needed to show up to Halcy ,CR, or MM? I know all about choice and I choose to show up and i see PN/east everyday. I thank them if they kill me at Halcy and I thank them with a hot Graci Packos when i steal an East merch. I am on that grind they see me good and bad while you are out doing your RP thing or whatever you do for fun. You have never stated what you did for fun nor did you give an example of how PN's are effecting this? If we disband PN's how will this change anything? Like i said then the problem would be "block people from making East toons" because East is killing this server. It will never end

WHERE IN THIS POST DO I SAY GEAR DOSNT MATTER? QUITE THE OPPOSITE IT DOSE MATTER A LOT! READ THE POST...LIKE ALL OF IT!!!! YOU ARE 1000% CORRECT I WILL NEVER SHOW YOU A VIDEO OF A CELEST DUNGEON GEAR PLAYER BEATING ME AS A NEAR 10K. BUT I PUT IN (TIME) FOR MY GEAR BECAUSE $$$ WAS NOT AN OPTION. WHEN YOU COME TO THIS GAME YOU NEED TO PICK ONE OR THE OTHER TO GET COMPETITIVE. "When you are able to show everyone here a video, someone in celestial dungeon gear beat someone like Dahmer or Snipe in a duel. Then I will listen to those who say gear doesn't matter" SHOW ME WHERE IN MY POST IT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO SAYING THAT. YOU AND ALL YOUR BUDDY'S "THUMBS' YOU UP LIKE YOU SAID SOME REAL SHIT" WHEN IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POST AT ALL. YOU AND YOUR BAND OF THUMBERS WILL ALWAYS BE LOW GEAR SCORE BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER PUT IN THE TIME AND SET GOALS TO IMPROVE YOUR GEAR YOU WILL JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW UNFAIR IT IS. GEAR MATTERS ...READ THE POST..GEAR MATTERS. PLAYERS LIKE YOU AND YOUR THUMBSY PALS WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN PVP IN THE WAY YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE ABLE. NOT BECAUSE OF WHALES OR PN'S BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT TO DO WORK FOR IT. YOU DEF DONT WANT TO PAY $$$ BUT YOU WANT THE GEAR THAT TAKES $$$ OR A PERSONS TIME TO GET. YOU WANT HAND-OUT ,CASUAL, TOP LEVEL PVP GEAR, FOR FREE OR AT LITTLE COST TO YOU. NO AMOUNT OF FRESH START, AAU , HIRAM WILL CHANGE THAT YOU WONT PUT IN THE TIME TO IMPROVE YOUR GEAR. HATE P2W THAT MUCH WHY NOT TRY ANOTHER SERVER? IF YOU WANT TO PVP AND BE COMPETITIVE YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY OR TIME ON GEAR. BUT I DONT KNOW WHY I EVEN HAVE TO SAY THIS ABOUT A GAME THAT HAS BEEN OUT SINCE 2014 BECAUSE YOU SEEM EDUCATED ENOUGH ABOUT ARCHEAGE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING INTO PRIOR TO JOINING THIS SERVER THAT BEGAN 2 YRS AGO. IF YOU WOULD HAVE WORKED ON YOUR GEAR YOU SHOULD BE NEAR 10K LIKE ME BY NOW AND I CAME A YEAR LATE TO THIS SERVER. GEAR IS THERE BUT YOU PLAYER TYPES JUST DONT WANT TO WORK FOR IT. GEAR HELLA MATTERS.. IT IS SO WIERD I STILL CANT FIND IN MY POST THAT I AM REPLYING TO NOW LOL WHERE I SAID "When you are able to show everyone here a video, someone in celestial dungeon gear beat someone like Dahmer or Snipe in a duel. Then I will listen to those who say gear doesn't matter" MAYBE I EDITED IT OUT! YEA THAT HAD TO BEEN IT! LMOA... DID I MENTION GEAR MATTERS...LIKE A LOT IN PVP?

uhhh the example you gave is over a year old, and that died due to OTHER circumstances than PN lmao

RIP Trinity and West unification

Gear absolutely matters, especially in games like this one who's original provider(?) forced the game down the p2w route. I don't care how good you are, someone like me with 2.8 gs isn't going to be competitive. Period.
IF YOU JUST MADE YOUR CHARCTER THEN DID YOU ASK FOR THE STARTER PACK? IF NOT DID YOU EVEN TRY TO IMPROVE YOUR GEAR? LIKE EVEN A LITTLE???? IT WOULDNT SEEM THAT WAY. IT SEEMS YOU DIDNT EVEN TRY. FULL GHA GEAR GEMMED WITH T1 WOULD GET YOU 5K+ FOR FUCKS SAKE. FULL GHA CELEST GEMMED W/ T1 5K... YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN TRY. PAY TO WIN, HIRAM, STARTER PACKS, I DONT THINK ANYTHING COULD HELP YOU YOU GUYS IF YOU WONT PUT IN A LITTLE EFFORT. YOU WANT TO PVP WITH THE 10K-11K PEEPS THEN YOU SPEND MONEY OR YOU SPEND YOUR TIME...GEAR MATTERS , IF YOU WANT TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT THEN FINE BUT DONT STEP ONTO THE PVP SCENE TALKING ABOUT FAIRNESS/GEAR IF YOU DONT PAY SOMEONE WITH TIME OR $$$.

Back