What's new

Suggestions

Also for the both of you, tax certs are also available with credits which is a far cheaper way of getting them. Currently taxes are at around 82 silver a piece. 100 credits are around 150g. If anyone cared to save a buck, you can save around 30 silver a piece if you bought credits and used them for taxes. This is why I say that your suggested change will not accomplish what you seek Oriola. The people with large estates make much more gold and resources than a player with less properties. So that LP hike you suggested is almost ignored by cold hard gold. You could remove taxes from the market as well but that just hurts everyone in the hopes that it might tickle the land barons. There are better ways to address any issues with land. Later patches gave use the option to see housing for sale at community centers. If its possible, i'd like to see land demolition notices in such a system as well. Giving players more tools to find opportunities is much better than making critical changes that may do more harm than good.

Last edited:
Also for the both of you, tax certs are also available with credits which is a far cheaper way of getting them. Currently taxes are at around 82 silver a piece. 100 credits are around 150g. If anyone cared to save a buck, you can save around 30 silver a piece if you bought credits and used them for taxes. This is why I say that your suggested change will not hinder accomplish what you seek Oriola. The people with large estates make much more gold and resources than a player with less properties. So that LP hike you suggested is almost ignored by cold hard gold. You could remove taxes from the market as well but that just hurts everyone in the hopes that it might tickle the land barons. There are better ways to address any issues with land. Later patches gave use the option to see housing for sale at community centers. If its possible, i'd like to see land demolition notices in such a system as well. Giving players more tools to find opportunities is much better than making critical changes that may do more harm than good.

Shh don't tell him that! He's gonna have to come up with a completely new argument for this topic now!

Well... The most common example is larders. The bigger your property, the more larders you can fit on your land. Larders are the most profitable type of tradepack. It may take time to trade them but as long as you make a successful run, it brings in a lot of profit. Then we have braziers in Auroria which gives people shards to make points for regrade scrolls. Regrade scrolls are always in high demand and those who can make the points make some serious bank. On the lower end people use big farms for Mining Drills, Majestic Trees, Farming/gathering bundles and various other things. All in all... More property space is potentially more profits. A cottage is a nice start for a new player but they will quickly discover that it doesn't have much to plant anything. Same can be said for the basic scarecrow garden/farms. The best properties are the 24x24s, Mansions, tax exempt gardens/farms.

@witchbell
OK, thanks.
I'm a player with just one property - gazebo, and I craft larders and get 1000 gold per week.
And you are land baron - you have 6 gazebos with most profitable larders, so you get 7000 or 8000 per week ?

hmm... I have a 24x24 upgraded farm, 2 tax exempt gazebos, 1 tax exempt farm and 3 tax exempt gardens. Though my land is in South Rokhala. Unfortunately this land placement is not good for larders as Rokhala is kinda isolated from other areas of the map unless you use the airship. Northern Rokhala has a steep slope you can traverse with a car to leap over and fall into Rookborne. The South only has access to Hasla, the bad part of that area in fact. So I'm a resource gatherer that stockpiles Iron, Stone and Lumber to sell on the auction house. I wouldn't call myself a land baron though. Compared to all these mansion around me with people/guilds owning dozens of upgraded farmhouses that never seem to have anything on them. If I was able to place my property Hellswamp, Halcy or possible Ahnimar, I could probably make 50+ larders every 3 days. Lord knows how much money the players with double the space I have could make in a single week.

Could you give me an example ?

I'm not playing as much as I used to but I own 10 properties all bought....and I used to plant around 300 pine trees every 2 days and I used to get around 2-3 TS trees per day and weekly I probably used to get 10-12 TS trees I have stockpiled 70 TS trees so yes owning more land is good. As for the discussion about land barons, just running around I usually see around 5-10 properties for sale....just buy them.

If you want land, be online when the new patch drops. Whalesong has a huge housing area, none of the solutions to your land problem will work. Even if it was limited, there are new players starting up the game and placing before you. There is demo's all the time, there is plenty of land for sale.

Nothing in the game will be handed to you, go out there and get it, all around where I live has recently all been demo'd and taken entirely by new players in a guild together. Run around and look for plots that have nothing on them, usually means they don't use them or aren't playing anymore. Write down the time of demo and go there. Insanely annoying to read a thread of copy a paste messages and suggestions from pages back.

I don't even use my land other than for chests and I have 9 plots touching each other just from demos. Just cause you can't get something in 1 day doesn't make it an issue.

Hello, would it be possible to add more raid colors? 4 aren't specific enough, it would be helpful
6Ey6HuS.png

Thank you

xkf2 - before commenting some text, please, read the text. Definitely I'm AGAINST limiting number of properties, no use to explain me this obvious things. And what I suggest is to INCREASE the cost of ownership, so the player itself decide to pay or not pay, like you say "PLAYERS OWN PEROGATIVE".

And immediately in the next line you start calculating how much LP cost new player to keep his farmhouse.
It cost him ZERO LP.
Because he has NO FARMHOUSE.
And he CAN'T get it. Until earn thousands of gold to buy 24x24.

First off... I am merely making a blanket statement in agreement with you to NOT limit properties... but who is gonna go look for earlier post with such suggestion in a thread of over 44 pages now :D so I did read what you said and I am AGREEing with you, which seems to be the ONLY thing we agree on.
Further, it is PLAYERS OWN PEROGATIVE right now to PAY high taxes if they own MANY PROPERTIES... That 7+ properties penalty is a lot...
But if the SYSTEM set up to make it so that the PLAYER MUST dump so much LP into crafting taxes that there's NO POINT in playing... Well is that REALLY A CHOICE? When it's FORCED ON YOU?
I don't think so.

Secondly,
I calculate the tax to show an EXAMPLE of both a new player being screwed over, and also how ABSURD your proposition is when it comes down to the Tax cost, if a player were to use LP to craft their taxes rather than purchase with GOLD. What is the point having a house or land without labor to use it... absolutely none. That is why there is currently a trade off between owning more land and being able to do stuff on that land versus actually having the labor pool to utilise what you have used the lanbd for in an effective manner.
For some people that might be having lots of seedbeds in upgraded thatched homes to avoid single planting. For others it may be having lots og gazeboes or treehouses to plant bundles or single items as those give more units of crop per seed input... The game leaves it up to YOU to decide. However, under your system, it would FORCE a certain way of playing... And that is NOT fun at all. That's what the devs are keeping in mind, HOW FUN something is.

So in all, you've clearly missed the point of the things I wished to bring up in my post that, as I stated, found to induce the most vitriol in me.

--------------

I don't know what to say to you, judging from your responses to the many people here who have TRIED to tell you that what it is right now is what it is, you just won't listen.
We are tellling you the STATE OF THE GAME based on what we have had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE of. If you have been playing for 2 weeks, then you clearly weren't doing it properly or been part of a guild or family in which information on land demos can be easily shared..,.
As many people had stated repeatedly, there are demolitions of properties occurring ALL the time.
My family alone can and will when we want a new property in a given region scout the ALL the housing zones in that region, which takes no more than 1-2 hours, and document the time and location of the demolition by screenshot and written record, posting to a channel. Then, when the demo comes up we try to do a landgrab, and if we fail, tough, we wait for the next property to avoid paying out of our pocket money.
This is the DEFINITION of """free land""" in the current state of the game.

It's not that hard to tell from the way you have written your snippy responses that you haven't put the EFFORT in to SCOUT for these properties, and instead only want to be able to Teleport into or walk to any random housing zone and plonk down a 24x24 sized property whenever you feel like it.
I'm sorry to tell you mate, but, in this current population, that is by and large NOT going to happen in ANY location. This is ESPECIALLY true for locations in AURORIA, the so called Third Contitnent.

However, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS A SO CALLED """LAND PROBLEM""".

Heck, this week alone a guild mate of my found a free 16x16 in a popular zone, no demos, no one around, just was walking around and was like, hey that looks like a 16x... oh it is, BUILD... And they was STILL walking aronud for quite a while.

It getting very old now to see time and time again MULTIPLE replies in different threads and even multiple new threads about a """LAND PROBLEM""" where there exists none.

Nothing is FREE in AA, you either WORK YOUR BUTT off for it, OR SOMEONE ELSE does. This is especially true for us Free-to-Play players...

Just like Epic said above me... WORK HARD...

Let's address your CONCERN that the new player can't even afford to BUY WITH GOLD their 24x24 property...
You said yourself, you earning 1000 GOLD in a week:
@witchbell
OK, thanks.
I'm a player with just one property - gazebo, and I craft larders and get 1000 gold per week.
And you are land baron - you have 6 gazebos with most profitable larders, so you get 7000 or 8000 per week ?

Clearly you are doing SOMETHING RIGHT. yay! You got a 24x24... despite there being a """LAND PROBLEM"""
Though as a NEW PLAYER you must have worked VERY VERY HARD to get your FIRST 24x24, am I correct?
Then congrats to you! You have learned the FIRST lesson of Archeage. Well done, this bodes WELL for your career in AA.

AND you can now use the profits to basically buy another 24x24 in less than 3 weeks .
so then you DOUBLE your output on larders... oh 2000 GOLD per week now... Wow, congratulations ! You're working hard!
Well then in less than 2 Week you can buy ANOTHER 24x24
Now your Gold Output is TRIPLE what it originally was.
You can buy a 24x24 again in ONE week...
See how this gets better and better almost exponentially... And it's ALL from your HARD WORK
YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO BECOME ONE OF THOSE LAND BARONS YOU DISLIKE SO MUCH.
'peng

So you can EASILY see how people who have been around for a long time have:
1. Worked VERY hard to build their portfolio of properties.
2. Going to be CONSERVATIVE in response to anything that will basically throw their work down the drain in less than the 2 hours it takes for an update or restart to occur...
3. Can clearly state there is NO land problem, they have been through the TRIALS and DIATRIBES of getting their land... If they did it then so can you...

And yet here you are going, GIVE ME FREE LAND:
BTW, I play for 2 weeks.
And, yup, I want some land be free.
So honestly, any player sooner or later can buy some property.
In that same quote you EVEN CONCEDE that ANY player can sooner or later buy some property... SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING? You already have the CAPACITY to do so... hence... there IS NO PROBLEM... JUST WORK HARD LIKE EVERYONE ELSE???

Shaking My Head...
'user

----

Obviously you can't be reasoned with given that you keep going ON and ON and ON responding negatively to any response that is not agreeable to your postion on the subject...
Heck you even appear to trash someone's reasonable arguement without reading it:
I have to read this ? Binary dump of glorifying yourself ?

Yet, IS THAT NOT EXACTLY what you have been doing. Jerking off your opinion on a forum that CLEARLY disagrees, and yet you CONTINUE to DISSENT.
ForumUser:Velorra put it QUITE nicely... Well done :)

GRANTED this is exactly what I AM DOING here... :) :) :) :)
'kaef
Please INDULGE me.

------------

You know I wasn't gonna say this cause it would make all of the people """who don't have land because of a land problem and yet I don't want to work to fix that problem", but, still it seems pertinent...

All the people complaining about land weren't around when the GREAT CALAMITY, as I like to call it, occurred....
The very odd period from March to August or so in which there was NO ONE around in the game, all my neighbours was gone, only housing in SUPER popular areas (eg Villanelle or AURORIA) was always occupied... if you went out a little further you could easily find 2 mansions or more worth of land just sitting empty... Even in my own area Could fit 3-4 mansions if you had the gilda/gold

SO you see it's all about timing as well, SURE maybe some people were around at the same time as the GREAT CALAMITY and so expanded their portfolio, and SURE maybe SOME people who started populating the server again got easy land... up to the point where we are now where it "SEEMS" like there is nothing to go around... There is it's just NOT OBVIOUS...
By and large the PERCENTAGE of people who would have had "FREE" land from the GREAT CALAMITY would STILL be small...

--------

There's so much junk to reply to, it's OBVIOUSLY not worth talking sense with you.
You're unreasonable in your requests, and, will not take NO for an answer...

Just like Zenjirr said...
Since you're not reading or listening, no point discussing it further. You want free land? Check expiring properties and go grab them. Don't wanna do that? Stop posting ridiculous suggestions on forums kkthxbye.

P.S. I'm not angry at you in any way, but when people don't listen, no point discussing.

I'm not ANGRY at you either, just VERY BORED with the state of discussion this forum has come to on a PROBLEM that DOES NOT EXIST and only to read REPEATED POSTS with suggestions which are not well thought through that don't come anywhere NEAR addressing the problems or instead cause MORE than there are in the first place.

'idk

Last edited:
First off... I am merely making a blanket statement in agreement with you to NOT limit properties... but who is gonna go look for earlier post with such suggestion in a thread of over 44 pages now :D so I did read what you said and I am AGREEing with you, which seems to be the ONLY thing we agree on.
Further, it is PLAYERS OWN PEROGATIVE right now to PAY high taxes if they own MANY PROPERTIES... That 7+ properties penalty is a lot...
But if the SYSTEM set up to make it so that the PLAYER MUST dump so much LP into crafting taxes that there's NO POINT in playing... Well is that REALLY A CHOICE? When it's FORCED ON YOU?
I don't think so.

Secondly,
I calculate the tax to show an EXAMPLE of both a new player being screwed over, and also how ABSURD your proposition is when it comes down to the Tax cost, if a player were to use LP to craft their taxes rather than purchase with GOLD. What is the point having a house or land without labor to use it... absolutely none. That is why there is currently a trade off between owning more land and being able to do stuff on that land versus actually having the labor pool to utilise what you have used the lanbd for in an effective manner.
For some people that might be having lots of seedbeds in upgraded thatched homes to avoid single planting. For others it may be having lots og gazeboes or treehouses to plant bundles or single items as those give more units of crop per seed input... The game leaves it up to YOU to decide. However, under your system, it would FORCE a certain way of playing... And that is NOT fun at all. That's what the devs are keeping in mind, HOW FUN something is.

So in all, you've clearly missed the point of the things I wished to bring up in my post that, as I stated, found to induce the most vitriol in me.

--------------

I don't know what to say to you, judging from your responses to the many people here who have TRIED to tell you that what it is right now is what it is, you just won't listen.
We are tellling you the STATE OF THE GAME based on what we have had FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE of. If you have been playing for 2 weeks, then you clearly weren't doing it properly or been part of a guild or family in which information on land demos can be easily shared..,.
As many people had stated repeatedly, there are demolitions of properties occurring ALL the time.
My family alone can and will when we want a new property in a given region scout the ALL the housing zones in that region, which takes no more than 1-2 hours, and document the time and location of the demolition by screenshot and written record, posting to a channel. Then, when the demo comes up we try to do a landgrab, and if we fail, tough, we wait for the next property to avoid paying out of our pocket money.
This is the DEFINITION of """free land""" in the current state of the game.

It's not that hard to tell from the way you have written your snippy responses that you haven't put the EFFORT in to SCOUT for these properties, and instead only want to be able to Teleport into or walk to any random housing zone and plonk down a 24x24 sized property whenever you feel like it.
I'm sorry to tell you mate, but, in this current population, that is by and large NOT going to happen in ANY location. This is ESPECIALLY true for locations in AURORIA, the so called Third Contitnent.

However, THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THERE IS A SO CALLED """LAND PROBLEM""".

Heck, this week alone a guild mate of my found a free 16x16 in a popular zone, no demos, no one around, just was walking around and was like, hey that looks like a 16x... oh it is, BUILD... And they was STILL walking aronud for quite a while.

It getting very old now to see time and time again MULTIPLE replies in different threads and even multiple new threads about a """LAND PROBLEM""" where there exists none.

Nothing is FREE in AA, you either WORK YOUR BUTT off for it, OR SOMEONE ELSE does. This is especially true for us Free-to-Play players...

Just like Epic said above me... WORK HARD...

Let's address your CONCERN that the new player can't even afford to BUY WITH GOLD their 24x24 property...
You said yourself, you earning 1000 GOLD in a week:

Clearly you are doing SOMETHING RIGHT. yay! You got a 24x24... despite there being a """LAND PROBLEM"""
Though as a NEW PLAYER you must have worked VERY VERY HARD to get your FIRST 24x24, am I correct?
Then congrats to you! You have learned the FIRST lesson of Archeage. Well done, this bodes WELL for your career in AA.

AND you can now use the profits to basically buy another 24x24 in less than 3 weeks .
so then you DOUBLE your output on larders... oh 2000 GOLD per week now... Wow, congratulations ! You're working hard!
Well then in less than 2 Week you can buy ANOTHER 24x24
Now your Gold Output is TRIPLE what it originally was.
You can buy a 24x24 again in ONE week...
See how this gets better and better almost exponentially... And it's ALL from your HARD WORK
YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO BECOME ONE OF THOSE LAND BARONS YOU DISLIKE SO MUCH.
'peng

So you can EASILY see how people who have been around for a long time have:
1. Worked VERY hard to build their portfolio of properties.
2. Going to be CONSERVATIVE in response to anything that will basically throw their work down the drain in less than the 2 hours it takes for an update or restart to occur...
3. Can clearly state there is NO land problem, they have been through the TRIALS and DIATRIBES of getting their land... If they did it then so can you...

And yet here you are going, GIVE ME FREE LAND:

In that same quote you EVEN CONCEDE that ANY player can sooner or later buy some property... SO WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING? You already have the CAPACITY to do so... hence... there IS NO PROBLEM... JUST WORK HARD LIKE EVERYONE ELSE???

Shaking My Head...
'user

----

Obviously you can't be reasoned with given that you keep going ON and ON and ON responding negatively to any response that is not agreeable to your postion on the subject...
Heck you even appear to trash someone's reasonable arguement without reading it:

Yet, IS THAT NOT EXACTLY what you have been doing. Jerking off your opinion on a forum that CLEARLY disagrees, and yet you CONTINUE to DISSENT.
ForumUser:Velorra put it QUITE nicely... Well done :)

GRANTED this is exactly what I AM DOING here... :) :) :) :)
'kaef
Please INDULGE me.

------------

You know I wasn't gonna say this cause it would make all of the people """who don't have land because of a land problem and yet I don't want to work to fix that problem", but, still it seems pertinent...

All the people complaining about land weren't around when the GREAT CALAMITY, as I like to call it, occurred....
The very odd period from March to August or so in which there was NO ONE around in the game, all my neighbours was gone, only housing in SUPER popular areas (eg Villanelle or AURORIA) was always occupied... if you went out a little further you could easily find 2 mansions or more worth of land just sitting empty... Even in my own area Could fit 3-4 mansions if you had the gilda/gold

SO you see it's all about timing as well, SURE maybe some people were around at the same time as the GREAT CALAMITY and so expanded their portfolio, and SURE maybe SOME people who started populating the server again got easy land... up to the point where we are now where it "SEEMS" like there is nothing to go around... There is it's just NOT OBVIOUS...
By and large the PERCENTAGE of people who would have had "FREE" land from the GREAT CALAMITY would STILL be small...

--------

There's so much junk to reply to, it's OBVIOUSLY not worth talking sense with you.
You're unreasonable in your requests, and, will not take NO for an answer...

Just like Zenjirr said...

I'm not ANGRY at you either, just VERY BORED with the state of discussion this forum has come to on a PROBLEM that DOES NOT EXIST and only to read REPEATED POSTS with suggestions which are not well thought through that don't come anywhere NEAR addressing the problems or instead cause MORE than there are in the first place.

'idk

Well said. I found an open 24x next to my house this week, just sitting there. Was lucky I was the first to see it and finally placed my gazebo. Still had it on me cuz i wasnt sure WHERE I wanted to buy land. I spent so much time trying to decide, that I just got lucky in the end.

My guildie found TWO 28x spots side by side a few weeks ago. Just like that. Stumbled upon it.

So yea I agree, either get super lucky or work your ass of with random demos. I tried the latter part too but the ones I had eyes on paid their taxes.. XD

Is it possible to move the housing perimeter boundries? There are SO many places that were CLEARLY meant for housing, but somewhere along the line got zapped out. Maybe it was an optimization issue or maybe XL/Trino scaled it back to cause a land shortage and hence, a cash grab for them... I don't know. But boy it would be nice to get some extra breathing room. ESPECIALLY on those weird islands in the very south part of the Halcyona Gulf. I mean, what the actual duck?

Here's just a couple examples of strange empty land...
WFkF83W.jpg

zr9Z462.jpg

urIj5pr.jpg

Pyi6ZPr.jpg

Is it possible to move the housing perimeter boundries? There are SO many places that were CLEARLY meant for housing, but somewhere along the line got zapped out. Maybe it was an optimization issue or maybe XL/Trino scaled it back to cause a land shortage and hence, a cash grab for them... I don't know. But boy it would be nice to get some extra breathing room. ESPECIALLY on those weird islands in the very south part of the Halcyona Gulf. I mean, what the actual duck?

Someone asked about this and I believe Sjinderson said no

No offense, but I'd rather hear it from the folks themselves (or a link to where it was shot down before). Especially since it's such a shame AND I know that XL/Trino CAN and HAVE move the markers on occasion.

I remember some time ago Sparkle mentioned on discord that they were looking into adding housing areas on empty spaces when the topic was bought up. But it's a more difficult task than it sounds and not sure if they will be able to make it work. Not sure if there was any update following that statement if there's a definitive "no" or still looking into it for the future.

So i made this suggestion in the 3.5 post. But I have a few suggestions overall to Pirate faction as well as a few other things
1. Neutral Guards no longer attack Pirates (This was ALREADY a change made on live)
2.Pirates can attack and BE attacked during peace zones (This was partially how the game was suppose to be designed by XL but KR didnt like it, as they dont like most pvp any way)
2b7d0c125b5ec70299783c27c6aefcef.png

AS this Screenshot shows ingame currently.

https://gyazo.com/2b7d0c125b5ec70299783c27c6aefcef

3. Growlgate Turbulence removal? IDK if this one can even be done. But Potential to remove Turbulence from Growlgate from everyone.
4.Pirates do not go to jail during War. HOWEVER To combat this and the Peace change. Make minimum Jail time for Pirates who make the mistake of dying on mainland, 1 Hour or so.
5. Increase Pack turn crafting during War time, Since now Pirates can also contest packs, which increases odds of losing but gives you better rewards. DECREASE Material costs during Peace, (To also counter the Pirates being allowed to steal your packs). This would not apply to Larders. But an example would be. 50% bonus to packs made DURING war. 25% less during Peace. #s can be tuned later. But just an example.
6. PLEASE REMOVE RNG FROM GEMS AND MAKE IT COST GOLD AND LABOR PLS! TY
7. The Live Title system if you can do that. Its Pretty neat.
8. DGS/Rangora/Morpheus Quests for Pirates to defend, If succesfully Defended Morph/rangora can drop a chest that has chance to have Gem in it for the Pirates. DGS would provide 15 packs rather than the full amount. <--- This point im not even 100% sure how i feel about his honestly. Would need more input from others for that one honestly.

Here's just a couple examples of strange empty land...
WFkF83W.jpg

zr9Z462.jpg

urIj5pr.jpg

Pyi6ZPr.jpg
More housing areas will be made available soon. Though the specific locations of unused space you are showing is not part of them. With adjusting current zones it may be something to inspect but would be after 3.5 launches.
I never said no to expanding land. I said no to that expanding land was a solution to the "land problem" that is brought up often.

I have a suggestion that I believe to be easy to implement.

Could you add recipes to craft seed bundles by x10 or even x100 for higher proficiency levels (farming and gathering)?
Standing at my scarecrow for 30 minutes can be painful when all I want is to plant some stuff on my farms. I've talked about it with other potato farmers and they're also pained by this.

That would be an awesome change! Thank you.

Back