What's new

4.5 hiram

C

This is true that the zones might be empty but the problem with Hiram is that it is a system that kills all the other systems. While those Hiram zones may be busy on live , nothing else in terms of content is happening because simply it is the only effective way to gear. Any new system added should be good enough to insentivise people to do it, but it shouldn’t kill all other preexisting systems. Hiram needs to be balanced so that it is a path you could take but not the only viable path to take .
i never used Hiram cuz i left Official at 3.5 but i dont see a problem here only thing they have to do is make it more labor & gold intensive to achieve
make the so called infusions to be crafted using Hiram crafting material (Hiram stones or something like that ) in combination with regular crafting mats that require professions and crafting skills for example> (note that i never used this gear and i might not be using the correct names or grades of this gear)
lv1 or t1 Hiram x amount of t1 lumber , ingots , leather , cloth + x amount of the corresponding archeum essences invested in to it
for lv2 or t2 Hiram x amount of t2 lumber , ingots , leather , cloth + x amount of the corresponding sun, moon, star archeum essences invested in to it and so on ...
i think that if they solve { the low (gold and labor )cost + the negative economical impact that it brings with it by not requiring mats that involve professions } they dont have to remove it

P.S. if they solve those 2 issues it will be just another way of acquiring gear and more options to gear up its always better

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyk
My main thing is how POWERFUL IT IS. I dont care about how to get it though it would be nice to people could craft things to upgrade it as well instead of pure grinding/farming.

Well, as someone who is currently playing AAU with Hiram gear, I'll add my two cents.

I love the new gear! It makes leveling up so much easier. BUT I hate what it has done to the economy. It has really screwed up crafting (and by default the other professions that supported it).

Making the Infusions and Awakening Scrolls craftable only (Alchemy and Printing) would go some way to fixing this.

Give newbie characters their Explorer gear when they start, but to upgrade it to Hiram they'll need to craft their own Infusions and Awakening Scrolls (or buy them from other players).

There's nothing wrong with Hiram gear, it's actually wonderful! It's just the way it's acquired that's the problem. If it was obtained just like all the other gear (that requires proficiency and materials to make) then I think everything would be ok.

Right, a super over powered gear has nothing wrong with it but the way its acquired. It surpasses obsidian which is actually harder to get in my opinion. Because with hiram u dont have a chance of it breaking, like with obsidian. Thats why it needs to be revised before its put in because people already spent a hell of a lot on their gear, and to be f***** over with hiram like they did on retail would be a crappy move.

Without disrespecting it is a bit funny to read the typical "the game died with this patch" over and over again in each new patch. The game has to keep moving forward and not get stuck in a single patch, it is true that you can always adjust some things since you have the experience of the officer but you must keep updating the game. 4.5 will only come with hiram t1 and t2, the latter comes only to divine and is equivalent to a ayanad although it makes a lot of difference due to additional options such as crit rate and dmg. nevertheless it is an excellent team that accompanies the change of skill and the balancing of the game that will continue happening in future patches. For those who ask that hiram not come, they are basically asking for no more patches to come, which is quite silly. the only discussion that should be raised is about the nerf erenor, implemented in patch 4.0, and consequently that of the hiram.
the nerf of the erenor happened because there was a lot of difference with the obsidian t7 in terms of statistics. I personally think that in everything they solved it well, however now we will have a team that could compete with Erenor therefore in my opinion the best solution could be to implement with patch 4.5 the Hiram team with the same nerf of the Erenor. obsidian is destined to disappear, you can keep it if you want but don't nerf the hiram even more than the erenor just to keep the people who are obsidian happy right now, they can quietly make the change to hiram and have enough time since the 4.5 only releases t1 and t2 so obsessed t7 will still be good. Looking ahead, I think you would be able to reverse the nerf to erenor and hiram in patch 5.0 when everyone already has their hiram or erenor so avoid continuing to nerf more items that come in future patches. the only reason the nerf a erenor was to keep a difference even with the obsidian but once implemented the hiram (which is a team available for everyone) it is not necessary to continue with that nerf, that if you remove it when you have a hiram tier without so much difference with erenor to avoid an imbalance.
On the economy more of the same, the game must evolve and follow its course, people have to adapt to the changes otherwise you would continue to deny future updates and new improvements to the game. if the opinion is that hiram breaks cracking and other professions for that reason it is bad, they are in a big mistake the only thing they do nerfeando or changing something for the only fact of not harming any prophecy / way of obtaining gold is to give privileges to that profession and protecting the people who earn money with that. Any restriction to avoid affecting a sector of the population is to give privileges to it and ends up achieving the opposite.

I'm going to go into a little more detail as to why I like Hiram (apologies for the wall of text).

Hiram gear was introduced as a 'catch up' mechanic for new players. And let's be honest, if any server ever needed a 'catch up' mechanic for new players it's ArcheRage (which is more than two years old). I can't even imagine what the average gear score is now.

Speaking from my own personal experience, gearing up before Hiram was so difficult and so expensive that I didn't even try. I simply resigned myself to a 'carebear' life and I missed out on so much content (all of which was gated behind the need for gear). Naturally, after a time, I was bored silly and stopped playing.

I'm now playing AAU (which is not great) but, for the first time in my AA life, I'm getting to experience the game's content, because I actually have the gear for it. And wonder of incredible wonders, I was attacked by a red the other day and this time I fought back and I BLOODY WELL WON!!!!!

You can not imagine what an incredible thrill it was. I've never PvPed in my life before! I never had the gear for it, so I wouldn't even bother to fight back. I'd just die, respawn and go about my business. To say that Hiram gear is a 'game changer' is an understatement. For the first time, I'm actually thinking of attending some of the events.

This gear has opened up the whole game for me. This is a really good thing imo.

Now to the negatives. Did it stuff up crafting and the economy? It certainly did. But to be real, ArcheRage doesn't have much call for crafting these days and the economy is stale. So I can't see Hiram gear making much of a difference.

In fact, if they make the gear require crafting materials, I can actually see it rejuvenating crafting and the economy.

Anyway, that's why I like Hiram gear. It's game changing for new (and old) players ?

Really, do you complain you never pvp'd because you refused to as a result of the stubborn thought that it's impossible to kill anyone with lesser gear than them, and you think Hiram would give you confidence to do what you were afraid of for years ?

Sigh. Some people.
Literally asking to be gearcarried.

Tiptoe, you do realize that for a lot of people, part of the fun in this game is to gear up (working, grinding for their own gear) ? or maybe you don't... Regarding your "if any server ever needed a 'catch up' mechanic for new players it's ArcheRage " you should do some research first, new players are now getting a support pack that beats a lot of "oldish" players gears score, they get a full divine set, all they need to do is work on some gems and voilá, they are up to or even beat the gear score of most players on the server. Like I mentioned before this game is best played if you balance both pvp and potato farm lol, some people find their enjoyment in just planting and crafting and that is perfectly fine, but then don't cry about how the game is over or that they need a server fresh start, that is ridiculous. A huge part of this game is PVP whether you like it or not, if you are content with your crafting and farming, that's great if not and you don't want to pvp, then this is the wrong game for you.

^ they already get free t5 divine just like what Gendgi said, which is pretty damn good, so your point is invalid about catching up. Hiram is just a safe way to gear up, which means it should not be stronger then obsidian.
i wont object to it coming into game, as long as obsidian and hiram are balanced to where since obsidian is an rng factor, it surpasses hiram and obsidian stays in game. Hiram already has 3 stats, which u can choose what u want which already is better then obsidian where its unchangeable.
we dont need anymore hand outs. You come to a game late, expect to be behind. I am tired of ppl b**** about being weak and bs when they join TWO YEARS LATER. well NO DUH you are going to be severely behind. :rolleyes:

^ they already get free t5 divine just like what Gendgi said, which is pretty damn good, so your point is invalid about catching up. Hiram is just a safe way to gear up, which means it should not be stronger then obsidian.
i wont object to it coming into game, as long as obsidian and hiram are balanced to where since obsidian is an rng factor, it surpasses hiram and obsidian stays in game. Hiram already has 3 stats, which u can choose what u want which already is better then obsidian where its unchangeable.
we dont need anymore hand outs. You come to a game late, expect to be behind. I am tired of ppl b**** about being weak and bs when they join TWO YEARS LATER. well NO DUH you are going to be severely behind. :rolleyes:
What a great contradiction you are tired of people who complain about being weak and ask that you nerf a new gear so that an old one remains better, interesting and fun. You also talk about joining two years later when you are asking that the team obsidian, that you probably have, to stay strong against the new hiram gear that comes in 4.5 / 5.0 / 5.5 / 6.0 etc.
I mean if you leave the game for a few years and come back, you pretend that your obsidian remains strong, interesting and fun. n.n

Whats so hard to understand that Hiram should be balanced and weaker compared to obsidian due to it being easy to obtain and NO RNG when 'regrading' it? Why the devil would anyone go obsidian if it was weaker then hiram and obsidian has a chance to break?? And we should keep obsidian in game because it keeps a reason to craft.
people who dont need top gear can go the hiram route because its easier that way, heck i might go that route for a few things myself.
and i mean when u come into any game 2 years later, ur gonna start at zero while others are higher, idk what u expect when u come into a game like that. being handed free t5 divine shit is like a slap in the face to everyone else who worked their ass off to get to that point.

The one who seems not to understand is you, what you ask is really ridiculous. and if you read / analyzed a bit, you would realize that the hiram issue is about its comparison with erenor and not obsidian. but let's analyze your suggestion a bit with an example and see if you realize your mistake. you suggest that we balance hiram so that it is not better than obsidian because it is easy to obtain hiram. well let's go back to old patches when there was only the normal crafting set and the obsidian was about to come out, what would have happened if someone said nerf they obsidian because it is easier to remove it since you only make tier 1 regrades and the only thing you need is to upgrade it to be better and maintains its rarity, on the contrary normal cracking you had to wait for this in epherium / delphinad etc and there to regrade. Think about it a little ^^.

And another point to touch is something suggested by the admins themselves, who also think how their suggestions would affect future patches beyond 4.5.
And I ask you, if we ignore you what do you think about the future library team? which goes up synthesizing other dungeon equipment. And what do you think about future changes to boss drop that will also be upgraded through other boss teams?

Regarding your "if any server ever needed a 'catch up' mechanic for new players it's ArcheRage " you should do some research first, new players are now getting a support pack that beats a lot of "oldish" players gears score, they get a full divine set, all they need to do is work on some gems and voilá, they are up to or even beat the gear score of most players on the server

No, you're right, I didn't know this (I haven't played in quite some time). But I'm thinking of returning.

But now that I've experienced first hand what Hiram gear is like, I thought I'd wait until 4.5 and (hopefully) the introduction of Hiram gear, before I started again. But if what you say about this support pack is true, then I might start sooner :p

Look, I think I've offended some of you and I apologize, as it was not my intention. I just wanted to provide some feedback to the Devs from somebody who's actually experienced using Hiram gear.

From my point of view, it's wonderful! Cause it's enabled me to experience content that I've never been able to do before. But if this Divine pack achieves the same thing, then I'll be happy. All I want to do 'play' the game (without content being gated behind 'almost impossible to get' gear).

But now that I've experienced first hand what Hiram gear is like, I thought I'd wait until 4.5 and (hopefully) the introduction of Hiram gear, before I started again. But if what you say about this support pack is true, then I might start sooner :p

For the supporter pack you have to have a new account. They will gladly block your account and you can create another one though.

Nope i dont see my mistake. I see that things need to be balanced and ~gasps~ im not the only one who thinks that Hiram is op and needs to be balanced. There would be zero point going obsidian if hiram is made stronger then it, AT ALL. And that is wrong to do. Just because something is new doesnt mean it needs to be shiney and stronger then its counter parts. Since obsidian is rng it should be the higher road compared to hiram which is not rng. That way if someone doesnt want rng they can simply go hiram and still be decent but not as strong as those that went with the rng system. If you cant see that then there is no further point in replying to you.

I think it would be convenient with respect to hiram, first of all, to make it tradeable, and secondly, in some way that it requires materials of professions so that the craft does not die.
Beyond that, regarding the nerf or not nerf to balance, I see two acceptable paths, whether for tastes or utility;

1) Remove the nerf from erenor, leave hiram as is and the other armor you come in next patches. Increase the % obsidian by 10% weapons, 5% armor, and this craft does not disappear. (This assuming that the staff wants to keep the obsidian team alive, if not, that part is omitted)

2) Nerf hiram and all the armor that come in next patches in the same proportion as this erenor currently.

Personally I see the first option better, less work for the staff, and less chance of bugs regarding equipment.
In addition, it is another way of balancing simpler than the current one, it requires less changes in case you want to make the first option. I think it is convenient for all people to have access to a team that allows them to face top gear people, as is the case with the hiram. It would be beautiful to see a pvp in which it doesn't take priority how much money you invested, if not your ability.

Well I think with respect to hiram to make it tradeable It would be a good idea, and remove the nerf from erenor, leave hiram as is and the other armor you come in next patches for my way of seeing it it would be the best option.

So if eventualy we getting Hiram and lets say it will stay how it was in oficial patchers, why play now and try make gear ? Just wait for hiram come back here in 6 months for ez gear.

The one who seems not to understand is you, what you ask is really ridiculous. and if you read / analyzed a bit, you would realize that the hiram issue is about its comparison with erenor and not obsidian.

The discussion is partly about obsidian as well because on retail it got removed, and people don't want it removed on AR... People like me who quit live because obsi got removed and don't want it to happen again.

So yes on the one hand there's the comparision with erenor, and on the other with obsidian, because most people on the private server want to be able to choose and not have choice taken away.

Back