What's new

A simple proposal about the cash shop.

Would you be interested in removing the cash shop for a week?

• Yes (Remove Cash Shop option)

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • No (I want a Cash Shop option)

Votes: 31 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ulfnaor

Elder
@IronLady

I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone, but I think a sizable part of the population is afraid of what may happen if this object or that item is present in the cash shop on Day 1: be it stellar/lunar/solar farms, treehouses, majestic trees, mining drills, what have you. We've already seen a lot of threads pop up about it, asking for specifics. Many people sit also uneasy about the prospect of facing other players who have accumulated tens of thousands of credits from their days on the RU client; we've seen what it did to Morpheus/Rangora when Trion did that.

As such, allow me to propose a radical, yet simple idea: remove the cash shop for a week. No nitpicking, no "keep this but ban that". Just plain old no cash shop for a week. Let us enjoy one Fresh Start with the game as it should have been. Don't worry, a week later, people will be more than ready to put money on the cash shop but in the meantime, we'll have enjoyed one small week of how the game was promised to be way back then, before 1.2 patch hit.

It's simple. It's efficient. It's the best way to give everyone the same odds at start.

P.S: I'd also ask if it is possible to bring back the limit of two unbuilt properties per account. Trion introduced that and I'm afraid it'll be a necessity here, unless you want players spamming 20 unbuilt cottages and securing vast swathes of land.

I agree. And have the cash shop roll out in small phases. Maybe small farm plots at first, or tax certs. Maybe haulers a month later. I'd also like to see Auroria locked if possible, to allow people to level and progress without zerging castles and content right away. Keep the game mainland to start, and then grow into the world with time.

I recall reading that if you don't build your plot in 3 days it gets destroyed
So they'll be spending valuable labor to keep up the taxes on those properties or paying to replace them each time.

Removing the cash shop for a week isn't going to anything. The Cash shop simply needs to have the items removed that promote credit purchasing over gameplay.

@Ulfnaor,
what did you mean by saying "players who have accumulated tens of thousands of credits from their days on the RU client" ?

I recall reading that if you don't build your plot in 3 days it gets destroyed
So they'll be spending valuable labor to keep up the taxes on those properties or paying to replace them each time.

Removing the cash shop for a week isn't going to anything. The Cash shop simply needs to have the items removed that promote credit purchasing over gameplay.
Land is extremely valuable early on.

There are many variables at play here, but if you keep the Cash Shop as it is, I could start tomorrow at level 1 and blanket buy a region with 28 treehouses. Remove treehouses, you still leave it so people can put down as many properties as they can afford gilda wise (there's no limit on unbuilt properties right now), not to mention Lunar, Solar and Stellar scarecrows. People can funnel cottages to one guy who can simply put up a mailbox (if they're in, like parrot mailboxes, anywhere owl, etc.) and just rush straight for land by buying tax certs, etc.

There's also the issue of removing the cash shop but not having a maximum of unbuilt properties: first guy who reaches 52 could use all of his labor to make tax certs and get sent tons of cottages and just put them down to secure a vast area.

If Trion ever did one thing right, it was the introduction of the "maximum 2 unbuilt properties". It made land rush much more just and allowed many more guys to have land.

@Ulfnaor,
what did you mean by saying "players who have accumulated tens of thousands of credits from their days on the RU client" ?
You've stated people will be allowed to move "unused credits" so the current movement on Russian client is for people to sell their stuff, buy credits and stock up on "unused credits". In turn, that'll be a lot of credits people will start with on Launch.

It happened that way on Morpheus/Rangora's launch too.

Last edited:
As a ru server player with 30k credits saved up, I agree that this would make a large impact in the progression of first week, allowing the less fortunate people who cannot swipe a chance to feel the top % of players before swipeage takes over.

All good ideas, Ulf. Letting people have a taste of true fresh start would be awesome for promotion too.

Get them hooked before the poison.

Hi Everyone,
We appreciate your concerns, but don't worry, the cash shop will be different at the start from the one on RU server.
Regarding unused credits, please visit https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?threads/credits-transfer.82/
@IronLady

We absolutely appreciate the fact that you allow us to give you feedback and input. It's something Trion never did and it's extremely refreshing to see Admins listening to what we have to say.

Can I insist, politely, that you release what will be in the Cash Shop before we launch, though? The reason for this is that knowing what is in the cash shop on launch day affect all the plans we make for land rush.

If my initial suggestion was maybe too radical, could I bring another, more modest proposal?

For one week, remove the following items:
-Solar/Lunar/Stellar Scarecrow Farms;
-Tax certificates;
-Treehouses (cherry, birch, etc.);
-Majestic Trees;
-Cornucopia Crop;
-Cornucopia Cow;
-Mining Drills.

Also, for one week only, add a limit of two unbuilt properties per account. I cannot stress enough the importance of this measure if you want a healthy server and happy population. Otherwise, I can tell you already that several players will instantly lock down massive areas by themselves.

Many thanks for your patience,

HELLO YES THIS IS DOG.

48ACD.png

@IronLady

I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone, but I think a sizable part of the population is afraid of what may happen if this object or that item is present in the cash shop on Day 1: be it stellar/lunar/solar farms, treehouses, majestic trees, mining drills, what have you. We've already seen a lot of threads pop up about it, asking for specifics. Many people sit also uneasy about the prospect of facing other players who have accumulated tens of thousands of credits from their days on the RU client; we've seen what it did to Morpheus/Rangora when Trion did that.

As such, allow me to propose a radical, yet simple idea: remove the cash shop for a week. No nitpicking, no "keep this but ban that". Just plain old no cash shop for a week. Let us enjoy one Fresh Start with the game as it should have been. Don't worry, a week later, people will be more than ready to put money on the cash shop but in the meantime, we'll have enjoyed one small week of how the game was promised to be way back then, before 1.2 patch hit.

It's simple. It's efficient. It's the best way to give everyone the same odds at start.

P.S: I'd also ask if it is possible to bring back the limit of two unbuilt properties per account. Trion introduced that and I'm afraid it'll be a necessity here, unless you want players spamming 20 unbuilt cottages and securing vast swathes of land.

From my understanding its going to be 2 unbuilt spots of land.. also you gotta think is it fair to the people who dont have time to play the game 30 hours on launch to get all the higher tier farms.

From my understanding its going to be 2 unbuilt spots of land.. also you gotta think is it fair to the people who dont have time to play the game 30 hours on launch to get all the higher tier farms.
The current setup in RU has unlimited unbuilt buildings, but it was just confirmed to me that they would change it to 2.

Back