What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

YES to all changes that come with 3.5 except erenor
BUT Change trade System a lil bit.
1) remove protection buff on the ship
2)Change the amount of packs needet to create Cargo ( and see if these new numbers work for our Server...if not Change them again till economy is running well)...nobody wants charcoal to be 5g each,but neither 50s

The problem is we already know what's coming in 3.5 as a whole. What you said only works if the original patch notes were equally a surprise to the entire population, but we as a community already know what happened to Live from 3.5 on to 5.0. The hoarding has already begun for anyone with half a brain that saw the downward spiral Live went through once this patch dropped. Knowing what's coming HERE has the following scenarios and resulting behaviors:
A) They can change a small amount of stuff for the better = this tells us to continue hoarding based on some of the expectations from Live coming to fruition here, and could even lead to the reaction seen in option C
B) They can change most, if not all, of the stuff for the better = this tells us we can ease back on the hoarding and harbinger-ing because things here will end up easier than what happened on Live
C) Nothing we want changes = this tell us whether or not we should even bother donating anymore because if they're unable to change anything and we know there's a countdown to doomsday already, players are less likely to stick around knowing the end is near.

So the fact that they aren't telling us anything is troublesome because, in 2 of these scenarios where stuff will be changed for the better, all we would be doing is the same exact thing we did on Live (hoarding materials, which is already happening). The 3rd scenario is the worst case for us AND them, because it would guarantee those that know what's coming in 3.5 will refuse to stick around to repeat participating in a failure and people would stop donating to the server early. So we SHOULD know what's coming. It's worrisome that we don't.

I think we need to look at what is actually doable. Aside from cosmetic changes, and slightly tweaking lines of code or adding/subtracting abilities from existing constructs, I'm not convinced that the archerage devs can or should change too much about the code. Small changes in a trade system can have far reaching effects.

also, to the guy asking for 12x12's... you'll just have land grabbers taking that too. the issue with land in AA is not that there isn't enough space. its that too few own too much, and that its being rationed and sold like a commodity. take a look around and i would say that 70% of land is not growing anything and is just ... speculating stock.. to sell to noobs.

I think we need to look at what is actually doable. Aside from cosmetic changes, and slightly tweaking lines of code or adding/subtracting abilities from existing constructs, I'm not convinced that the archerage devs can or should change too much about the code. Small changes in a trade system can have far reaching effects.

This is true. However, in a previous post in this thread Sparkle has stated the trade system will be needing a rework, which gives me hope. And honestly, one of my biggest complaints about 3.5 was that we were given the cargo system changes as well as the massive increase in materials required to craft gear (as I detailed in a previous post in this thread, Delphinad charcoal requirements go up by as much 339%). We KNOW they can modify craft recipes as made evident by the fact that trade packs don't cost a Gilda star to make. So if they can't give us a proper rework of the trade pack system, they can at least give us greatly reduced crafting requirements. That would make it so that the trade system would be a big hurdle for players, but they wouldn't be completely stonewalled by the cost to craft gear in the first place, which would help shrink the gear gap a little bit. But this is also why I expressed interest in knowing what they can even modify to begin with. 23 pages of discussion and a few suggestions/requests being made and yet we have no idea what power they actually have over modifications.

bump auroria weapons to be equivilant to about t4 weapons and move both the weapons and auroria armor to synthesis vs regrade. it would make auroria only gear viable at the end game but keep em from being bis. High grade ayanad is still going to overpower mythic auroria. it would resolve the complaints about lack of hiram gear and would make a decent place holder for it. Alternatively, could do that with hasla weapons instead of auroria weapons. #MakeHaslaGreatAgain
i think it will be nice to have atleast 3 tears of upgrade for Aurorian Weaps and Gear & to be crafted only in Auroria via Aurorian Gear & Weap workbenches in Nuian and Harani bases in Diamond shores for example
i think this would be nice catch up option for new players

Just realized another thing. Can you guys make it so Gilda Dust does NOT become obsolete? It goes away in 3.5 and is replaced in most places by charcoal last I checked, and both of those things combined suck butt.

Could you also find some way to bring back Archmage Manastones for the Library Earring quest so we don't need to kill ourselves farming 2000 Gilda Stars to get it?

so well everyone's talking about the trade and erenor changes. i wanna discuss the skill tree changes such as occultism getting shadow step and witchcraft getting mirror warp. at this 3.0 update the server does not have much variety in classes and i was wondering if we could get some work around on certain tress to spark others to try different class combos and make pvp more variant. i would also like to know if it would be possible to move skills withing a tree also for example would it be possible to move dahutas breath to lvl 55 skill and move friend knell to the second last skill. buffing dahutas bubble to 360% and reducing cooldown to 11 seconds as it is a direction aimed skill. magic as it is right now is heavily defendant on the sorcery class with it being the only real DPS magic class in the game. occultism can deal some damage. but its more so a support class and with no escapes and no real attacks to deal heavy constant damage. Deaths Vengeance is also a really useless skill and is mainly for trolling. it being a lvl 55 skill for occultism sums up the build for the class. witchcraft is almost very viable too but without mirror warp it lacks alot of survive ability to fight with and its spells have a long cooldown which makes witchcraft not very useful for consistent attacks. occultism has mana stars which is very low grade basic attack. and sorcery has fireballs which is good for consistent magic dps. someone without sorcery cant use witchcraft for things like kadum and rifts. and ur really only left with enervate and dahutas breath every 19 and 16 seconds. the witchcraft tree is kinda looked at as cancerous as fiends are ur only real consistent damage. this makes class combos like nightcloak, tombcaller ect. have to rotate thru a wide range of skills to keep up with other classes in damage. not to mention that certains weapons have buffs to things like gods whip which makes sorcery even more useful. there is no skill buffs to the other 2 magic classes and there skills just do not have as much dps. would it be at all possible to look at balancing out some of the other trees to make the server more vibrant for pvp sake

so well everyone's talking about the trade and erenor changes. i wanna discuss the skill tree changes such as occultism getting shadow step and witchcraft getting mirror warp. at this 3.0 update the server does not have much variety in classes and i was wondering if we could get some work around on certain tress to spark others to try different class combos and make pvp more variant. i would also like to know if it would be possible to move skills withing a tree also for example would it be possible to move dahutas breath to lvl 55 skill and move friend knell to the second last skill. buffing dahutas bubble to 360% and reducing cooldown to 11 seconds as it is a direction aimed skill. magic as it is right now is heavily defendant on the sorcery class with it being the only real DPS magic class in the game. occultism can deal some damage. but its more so a support class and with no escapes and no real attacks to deal heavy constant damage. Deaths Vengeance is also a really useless skill and is mainly for trolling. it being a lvl 55 skill for occultism sums up the build for the class. witchcraft is almost very viable too but without mirror warp it lacks alot of survive ability to fight with and its spells have a long cooldown which makes witchcraft not very useful for consistent attacks. occultism has mana stars which is very low grade basic attack. and sorcery has fireballs which is good for consistent magic dps. someone without sorcery cant use witchcraft for things like kadum and rifts. and ur really only left with enervate and dahutas breath every 19 and 16 seconds. the witchcraft tree is kinda looked at as cancerous as fiends are ur only real consistent damage. this makes class combos like nightcloak, tombcaller ect. have to rotate thru a wide range of skills to keep up with other classes in damage. not to mention that certains weapons have buffs to things like gods whip which makes sorcery even more useful. there is no skill buffs to the other 2 magic classes and there skills just do not have as much dps. would it be at all possible to look at balancing out some of the other trees to make the server more vibrant for pvp sake

1. Those changes to the skill trees didn't come out until 4.0, and lemme just tell you, class diversity didn't exactly change much; at the end of the day, there were still only a handful of classes that were meta.
2. Everyone participating in PvP is going to be max level, so a skill's position in the skill tree shouldn't really matter at this point, especially since levelling on this server is so quick compared to live.
3. Witchcraft and Occultism aren't necessarily designed as solo DPS skill trees, they're more support trees if anything. Just like Shadowplay on its own doesn't do much damage unless you take something like Battlerage or Archery. There's no need to increase the damage output when mages arguably already have a LOT going for them in RvR.
4. Balancing does need to be looked at as a whole, and I'm hoping 3.5 addresses some of the issues this server faces, but upping the damage from other trees isn't the way to solve that.

I know a lot of things that could be included in the game
Orchidna's music box
Princess furniture to craft
Barbecue or campfire
Daru deco
bread and chicken what you can put on a table like in Mirage
or this little cherry tree with the fountain, where you can sit down.
For my taste more decoration and crafts can be added.

I like that so much ^^

Please excuse my bad english. I translated with Google

Last edited:
I don't like the % on boxes cuz I spent 8 k gold to buy 6 k credits and i lost about 6,500 gold. What is the purpose to buy credits then? got 60 boxes and no dread armor only so many craps. And this is not the first time i lost gold. Right now i don't have any motivation to buy credits again.

Welcome to RNG! When Ravenspine was in rotation, a guildmate of mine got 2 of them in 60 boxes. Another guildmate bought 600 boxes and got none. It's the nature of gambling. You knew what was in the box whether it was good or bad, you knew there was risk. Some boxes are good, some are bad. None of them have anything to do with 3.5, though!

Considering that a lot if players will be partially, or fully, re-gearing in 3.5: what are the chances of also getting the 3.7 gem changes along with it or shortly thereafter?
3.7 changes you speak off are Kr only. Our server follows the Na Trion patch order. As such 3.7 does not exist as a standalone thing. It is merged with 4.0

Back to the topic of cars (Rampage B/S200).
The Rampage car, it's really cool, but please make it so that 3.0 car owners can upgrade to it, and don't add it to the cash shop directly like Trino did.

Is the B200 Rampage Car gonna come out at patch 3.5? If so will a redwood or timber coupe be upgradable? or we gonna have to make it from scratch.

So the Rampage is coming. I remember when it was released in live. I also remember how devastatedly gutted I was that I could not upgrade my timber coupe to a rampage. I would have to start again. Fine if you are a fat-cat with plenty of gold, i am not, I farmed the mats, and finally made it to find that it was obsolete overnight. I think this should be looked at because hey, after all it is just an updated car.

You can see with these quotes that we are afraid of not being able to upgrade from a Timber Coupe / Redwood Roadster. Please include this in the patch!

What also kills a server is speculation hoarding/content control before a major patch due to early patchnotes :")

So looking at the currently steadily increasing price of Charcoal Stabilizer, it seems this is already happening. @Sparkle Can we get SOME kind of hint of what's going on with the trade system, at least? Because if we DON'T know what's going on, people are going to be hoarding Charcoal and drive up prices before the update even drops. Us being kept in the dark for this long without even so much as an idea of what you're planning to do is going to cause people to go into panic mode just like retail, and that's not good for the economy at all.

So looking at the currently steadily increasing price of Charcoal Stabilizer, it seems this is already happening. @Sparkle Can we get SOME kind of hint of what's going on with the trade system, at least? Because if we DON'T know what's going on, people are going to be hoarding Charcoal and drive up prices before the update even drops. Us being kept in the dark for this long without even so much as an idea of what you're planning to do is going to cause people to go into panic mode just like retail, and that's not good for the economy at all.

I already mentioned before, trading system will be changed. As for the details, it will include both - elements of 3.0 and 3.5.

I already mentioned before, trading system will be changed. As for the details, it will include both - elements of 3.0 and 3.5.

I know that you mentioned it before, but would you be able to give any details surrounding Charcoal Stabilizer production? Do you project there will be more or less?

Charcoal is the biggest crutch and pain point of 3.5 for all parties involved. Trading is affected by it, crafting is affected by it, most forms of progression are affected by it. Saying that it will "be changed" but us not knowing if it would give us more Charcoal Stabilizers, fewer Charcoal Stabilizers, or the same amount we currently can create is going to make everyone assume the worst and start hiking up prices in an attempt to hoard for the worst-case scenario of us getting significantly less like Live. As a result, Charcoal Stabilizers are currently being posted for 20-40 silver more because as we get closer to the projected month of us receiving 3.5, the more people are going to hoard in anticipation of doomsday because they don't know what's coming, and the only thing we as the players have to go on is what we saw on Live.

It's pretty much the Y2K of ArcheRage's economy, right now.

Guys I want to remind everyone that a large majority of live server's problems revolved around alts. People taking more resources than they could possible gather with one character and hoarding it for themselves. There is a difference between 100 alts all owned by perhaps 5 players and 100 active users waiting for an opportunity. With the alt issue removed 3.5 may not be as bad as the live counterpart which is why we should observe how things play out as well as keep poking Sparkle for information as early as she can possible give it to us. Alt accounts was the bane of live servers. Its the reason why many aspects of the game were monopolized, broken and ultimately made life more difficult for the solo player. This server environment may be the type of environment 3.5 needed to properly work. Though some improvements will always be nice which i'm sure the staff is currently working on.

Guys I want to remind everyone that a large majority of live server's problems revolved around alts. People taking more resources than they could possible gather with one character and hoarding it for themselves. There is a difference between 100 alts all owned by perhaps 5 players and 100 active users waiting for an opportunity. With the alt issue removed 3.5 may not be as bad as the live counterpart which is why we should observe how things play out as well as keep poking Sparkle for information as early as she can possible give it to us. Alt accounts was the bane of live servers. Its the reason why many aspects of the game were monopolized, broken and ultimately made life more difficult for the solo player. This server environment may be the type of environment 3.5 needed to properly work. Though some improvements will always be nice which i'm sure the staff is currently working on.

No alts and having only one server has economic results people tend to overlook. For instance, with multiple servers comes multiple venues of supply to all items on the AH. That's exactly why you see Divine Obsidian weapons here going for nearly 11k when they were going for 5k in 3.0 on Live. With multiple alts (and bots) came even more venues of supply to all items on the AH. That's exactly why you see Iron Ore and Raw Stone here going for nearly 3-4x what they were selling for in 3.0 on Live. Even with multiple servers contributing to the supply, the cost of very important resources went up. It wasn't a hoarding problem, it was a systemic problem. I did the math earlier in this thread about Charcoal Stabilizers (as they are the brunt of resource necessity come 3.5). Production opportunities drop down 97%, time spent goes up 2-3x, and requirements of this item in crafting goes up by more than triple. Knowing what is already coming from Live's 3.5 and having heard next-to-nothing about this server's 3.5 which is dropping "in February" (which starts in a week), this is going to cause people to preemptively react in the way people did when 3.5 was announced on Live: Panic. Hoard. Gouge.

As soon as we heard "February" was when 3.5 was dropping here, Charcoal went up in price and is still going up. On Live, Charcoal went from 90 silver to 1.3g (a 40 silver increase) in the 2 months leading up to 3.5. Once 3.5 dropped and people experienced the new system, charcoal prices spiked up to 15g before normalizing out at 8g. Here on ArcheRage, Charcoal increased by 40 silver in just a week and is continuing to rise. If we're given no information, people will be left to their own devices and start creating a problem with the market. And it's already begun because we have been given a tentative deadline on what is widely received as the beginning-of-the-end patch for Archeage, but no information to go with it. That's like telling the world Jesus is returning tomorrow, and most of the world believes this proclamation. They're gonna give away all their possessions, practically strip naked, and start singing in the streets like they're insane, or they're going to re-enact the Purge in direct defiance to religious beliefs. None of these actions look good and cause chaos on both ends of the spectrum.

Last edited:
I know that you mentioned it before, but would you be able to give any details surrounding Charcoal Stabilizer production? Do you project there will be more or less?

Charcoal is the biggest crutch and pain point of 3.5 for all parties involved. Trading is affected by it, crafting is affected by it, most forms of progression are affected by it. Saying that it will "be changed" but us not knowing if it would give us more Charcoal Stabilizers, fewer Charcoal Stabilizers, or the same amount we currently can create is going to make everyone assume the worst and start hiking up prices in an attempt to hoard for the worst-case scenario of us getting significantly less like Live. As a result, Charcoal Stabilizers are currently being posted for 20-40 silver more because as we get closer to the projected month of us receiving 3.5, the more people are going to hoard in anticipation of doomsday because they don't know what's coming, and the only thing we as the players have to go on is what we saw on Live.

It's pretty much the Y2K of ArcheRage's economy, right now.

What exactly are you interested in regarding charcoal? Which way are you going to use it and expect a lack of it in 3.5 to start saving it right now?
If that is regarding the craft of such items as Hereafter stones, charcoal will be removed from the Hereafter stone receipt.
Will charcoal retain in sea trades? Yes, as we plan to keep 3.0 system but also add 3.5 trade system in it so parties interested in both types of trades and profits would be satisfied.

What exactly are you interested in regarding charcoal? Which way are you going to use it and expect a lack of it in 3.5 to start saving it right now?
If that is regarding the craft of such items as Hereafter stones, charcoal will be removed from the Hereafter stone receipt.
Will charcoal retain in sea trades? Yes, as we plan to keep 3.0 system but also add 3.5 trade system in it so parties interested in both types of trades and profits would be satisfied.

Okay, thank you for at least this bit of information, this tells us a lot :D. I'm mostly interested in knowing what changes may be coming in regards to the overall usage as well as acquisition methods. Hereafter Stones are a minor point, but my curiosity extends to items like Synthium Stones for costumes and underwear (which remove Gilda Dust and replace them with Charcoal Stabilizers) and Polishes/Pigments/Oils in the Alchemy proficiency (which require a Polish/Pigment/Oil of the previous tier to be crafted, so a Tier 4 needs a Tier 3 which needs a Tier 2 which needs a Tier 1). Will you remove the requirement for previous tiers of polishes in the same manner that you removed Gilda Stars from trade packs? That alone will add up to a hefty penny that I'm sure many of us are wondering and worrying about.

On the other end of the spectrum are effectiveness of the ways to get Charcoal. Let's say that an average player can earn 200 Charcoal Stabilizers a week using the current method. Do you project that your system will drop that down to 100 a week for the same amount of time and effort? Is it projected to increase to 300 a week for the same amount of time and effort? Or will it be a balance where that same player can earn 200 a week doing one method while another player can earn 200 a week doing the other method? Or is that too difficult to calculate?

I'm asking this because rich people expecting the worst out of 3.5 are going to buy up Charcoal Stabilizers to hoard it if they're expecting 3.5's system (because after 3.5 dropped on Live, Charcoal prices increased by 800%, and knowing even the least bit about economics alongside supply and demand, prices are anticipated to increase by at LEAST that much), which will hike up prices like they are doing right now and at least this bit of information will tell players to not worry, and will get those who have already begun buying up Charcoal in an attempt to get ahead of the coming storm that we all know 3.5 is to cool their jets and conduct business like normal.

Last edited:
SoI have a few suggestions, all three are QOL for Pirates. Firstly, Make War Time Zones to where Pirates dont go to jail during War. This will also allow Pirates to be involved in more content. Secondly, Allow Pirates to attack other players during Peace, and Pirates can be be attacked as well. Lastly,
You should make it so that Neutral Guards do not attack pirates. This will allow pirates to ACTUALLY utilize locations around Auroria and a few locations on Haranya/Nuia that have Neutral guards.

SoI have a few suggestions, all three are QOL for Pirates. Firstly, Make War Time Zones to where Pirates dont go to jail during War. This will also allow Pirates to be involved in more content. Secondly, Allow Pirates to attack other players during Peace, and Pirates can be be attacked as well. Lastly,
You should make it so that Neutral Guards do not attack pirates. This will allow pirates to ACTUALLY utilize locations around Auroria and a few locations on Haranya/Nuia that have Neutral guards.
"No"

If you want that: make a Player Nation.

Back