What's new

ArcheRage 4.0 Discussion

If you dont want to keep the runes ingame because you are afraid of people abusing (which imo, this is not the only thing people abuse/will abuse), you can buff the auramancy passive that was introduced in 4.5, to make the rune removal works.

Edit:
Let's actually do some math on defense penetration for melee classes:

Puncture Passive Skill: 2000 Defense Penetration
Lightning Necklace: 750 Defense Penetration
Gale Ring: 400 Defense Penetration
Combat Scroll: Defense Penetration : 700 Defense Penetration
Holy Ini's ring / Flawless Dream Ring: 700/1000 Defense Penetration
Costume Defense Penetration: 750
Undergarments Defense Penetration: 500
2H Weapon Buff (50% rate to reduce shield's defense by 50%, average good shields range from 4-5000 Defense, statistically it's basically 1000/1250 Def pen on every hit)
Soulbound Blades abyssal from battlerage: -50 x 10 stacks (4.0 they get even boosted) Roughly 500 Defenese Penetration

Now let's look at a endgame healer setup with a legendary t7 Shield:
Total Defense: 12350. (http://prntscr.com/pkqhln)

In my situation, just to be able to fit in 4.0 patch and use new gems (wich according to devs are compensating buffs removal)
i need to get rid of 400 Defense in boots and 300 in my hood, only cause i have some hero gems for toughness, otherwise it would have been way more.
So 12350 -> 11650 and this is yet without anyone debuffing me.

Let's start counting in defense from the list above:
2000 + 750 + 400 + 700 + 700(1000) + 750 + 500 + 1000 (1250) + 500
Considering Minimal stats for a non perfect build (we're talking about high geared players): 11650 - 7300 = 4350 Defense left (http://prntscr.com/pkqlc2)
Or Maximal stats for good build (counting in same-gear pvp) 11650 - 7850 = 4070 Defense left (http://prntscr.com/pkqm6o)

Basically with the removal of runes we're giving up to 7% (and more for healers) dmg reduction from runes, to 2k defense wich will be roughly 8-9% dmg reduction ( Compare this http://prntscr.com/pkqmtd with previous 2 screens) and we'll soak in 28% damage due to the insane defense penetration reductions, wich are already partially ingame and on everyone's build.

Healers and tanks are already non-existing in this server, we have possibly 2 in the whole faction with more than 5k gearscore and they are more than far from reaching the defense amounts i talked about, cause that's what a 8.4k gearscore healer with a shield has. Imagine what will happen to 6k Healers against same gear darkrunners.
Defensive buffs removal is just gonna throw healers and tanks into trash bins. This is not SAO where everyone is forced to be melee class, can we please have a chance to play decently our classes?

Assorted Ribs will just soak in 2 buffs (Jujube juices and Spellbook) while the actual assorted ribs effect gets removed anyway (+60 stat).. it's not gonna include a lot of buffs, just two, and the damage reduction is PvE only.

Edit: In Live release they actually set a new buff item give out thru daily tracker, that one would give us runes buffs, defense potion, spellbook and such.
Could we have a custom buff item or something similar?
We're gonna have loads of ribs on the auctions, legit crafting is gonna be useless because of the ribs are not even gonna be that good.
Could we have the ribs reworked to a custom buff including a lesser version of the runes effect on damage conversion + some lesser defense boost?
Like.. damage reduction will be 4% on PvE from normal ribs, can we have it to add also 4% dmg conversion to HP? and like 800 Defense?
That would prevent anyone from stacking up materials while letting everyone adapt to the new system, as it's impossible new/poorer players to fix their gear with gems, as they don't have good gear to gem yet.
Fair and balanced, and consumption of those buffs whould be so high to rebalance the market.
AGGRE

Wondering this myself, also will armor/weapon charms get an update or will they just be useless?

I noticed that Trapwhre's question was answered but not Walrus'. Will armor/weapon charms get an update or will they be useless? Are celestial armor/weapon charms going away and/or turning into divine anchoring charms? At least take them out of RNG boxes and replace with divine ones.

I noticed that Trapwhre's question was answered but not Walrus'. Will armor/weapon charms get an update or will they be useless? Are celestial armor/weapon charms going away and/or turning into divine anchoring charms? At least take them out of RNG boxes and replace with divine ones.

you mean anchors, not charms?

I don‘t remember seeing your name or those who liked your reply in there at all. You had enough time to voice your concerns on it...

Was my name supposed to be there because I liked a reply? I read it and liked what he said as I did with many other topics as I'm sure most do. I couldn't care less about what happens either way

Can make a screenshot about the erenor cloacks materials and about warrior medals will become honor? like 1 medal to 1k honor?

Can make a screenshot about the erenor cloacks materials and about warrior medals will become honor? like 1 medal to 1k honor?
Here is a detailed description of the ways Warrior's Medals further use options: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/29730/
As for the Erenor Cloaks, instead of Warrior's Medals they will require Honorforged Medals.
For example, if we take Erenor Windsong Cloak, it will keep all same materials and q-ty as in 3.5 but instead of 800 Warrior's Medals you'll need to spend 50 Honorforged Medals.
Celestial Anchoring Charm remain in the game as before. They will keep the same function and they are not useless.

Here is a detailed description of the ways Warrior's Medals further use options: http://archeagedatabase.net/us/item/29730/
As for the Erenor Cloaks, instead of Warrior's Medals they will require Honorforged Medals.
For example, if we take Erenor Windsong Cloak, it will keep all same materials and q-ty as in 3.5 but instead of 800 Warrior's Medals you'll need to spend 50 Honorforged Medals.

Celestial Anchoring Charm remain in the game as before. They will keep the same function and they are not useless.

Very nice patch but I cant log in the laucher says "Launcher Error"... tried repair, redownlading, and use repair options, Obviously I have no windows firewall or any other sickeningly pernicious software like that. HELP. Don't want to download the whole thing again.

Very nice patch but I cant log in the laucher says "Launcher Error"... tried repair, redownlading, and use repair options, Obviously I have no windows firewall or any other sickeningly pernicious software like that. HELP. Don't want to download the whole thing again.
Check your windows defender it thinks that arch-rage is a Trojan . It’s not it’s the anti chest system but some new updates in windows has been giving everyone this issue.

Your anti-virus or windows defender is removing some of the game files not letting the game to launch in such a way. Check quarantine and make sure to add mentioned in this thread files to the exceptions: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/launcher-launch-error.9034/
Then do a repair.

I agree with most comments so far. Removing like the kingdoms shadow is a really hard blow to all. That extra defense is literally life and death and helps balance out some of the classes and gear. Sure you. An gem but it’s not enough. With the extra Crit gems being added in I would say is there something similar being used to replace it or added in somewhere else.
Also the other thing that I think is slightly u fair is this,
The returning players from my understanding r getting like a box or something with includes a bike design. Now I’m all for being people back to the game. But I think you should reward those who have been here playing the whole time. I could see maybe giving the returning players say a merchant boat design and the loyal players the motorbike design. Just seems kind of backwards.

I agree with most comments so far. Removing like the kingdoms shadow is a really hard blow to all. That extra defense is literally life and death and helps balance out some of the classes and gear. Sure you. An gem but it’s not enough. With the extra Crit gems being added in I would say is there something similar being used to replace it or added in somewhere else.
Also the other thing that I think is slightly u fair is this,
The returning players from my understanding r getting like a box or something with includes a bike design. Now I’m all for being people back to the game. But I think you should reward those who have been here playing the whole time. I could see maybe giving the returning players say a merchant boat design and the loyal players the motorbike design. Just seems kind of backwards.
Motorbike for returning players is a temporary item only. Our loyal players will receive many useful permanent items as well as many pleasant small temp and permanent things. Wait for it and you'll not regret that you stayed our loyal player ;)

Will there be any event for the AR anniversary this year? If i recall it falls somewhere around the end of this month?

You said certain items will get 100% chance at celestial, as for what those items are it could either devalue anchors or make them worthless.

Will you be able to reveal what items the regrade buff applies to? Or is that still in the process of being decided?

Healers and tanks are already non-existing in this server, we have possibly 2 in the whole faction with more than 5k gearscore and they are more than far from reaching the defense amounts i talked about, cause that's what a 8.4k gearscore healer with a shield has. Imagine what will happen to 6k Healers against same gear darkrunners.
Defensive buffs removal is just gonna throw healers and tanks into trash bins. This is not SAO where everyone is forced to be melee class, can we please have a chance to play decently our classes?
This one of the reasons I rerolled to a plate set and stopped being a dedicated healer. You get 1 or 2 shot, if the DR gets a bad roll on crits and dmg you will still die in one combo while being CC locked.

It also doesn't help that healing is the most thankless job in the game, and you're first in line to get blamed when things go wrong. Blow through mana pots(and gold) like nobody's business but God forbid anyone in the raid has to touch their pots even once. Don't even get me started on Aegis raid, people crying at healers for not healing because you're animation locked in life alarm call. Then crying about poison debuffs when you're on cooldown. Or crying because you literally don't have the mana to recast your entire song rotation after. every. single. heal(literally impossible with both mana pots on CD 24/7). Or the aggro priority you get from the boss and mobs which means you'll end up dying if the other healer isn't Jonny on the spot with petrify(IF theres another healer). Then you're stuck with a healing debuff that makes ode more worthless than a life nodachi due to the way scaling works on the debuff, meanwhile, everyone is dying and blaming you.

Buuuuut shitty player behavior is not something that can be patched. However, Darkrunners can be patched.

/endrant

Last edited:
Sorry this is gonna be long, lots of things to adress after we know the custom updates
Ok let's start with one thing ppl seem to be confused about and I can't blame em, Ravenspine
Players who already own this glider will receive a compensation – a special item that will allow them to choose additional glider from the list.
as I understand the wording, those of us who spent money for this expensive and usefull glider will get the new Ravenspine glider image item (since that's what it really is now) AND get to choose "additional glider", meaning we get second glider as a compensation, hopefully God of War which has similar value to the old Ravenspine, while some read it as "you lose ravenspine and get to choose a glider, either new ravenspine or something else" which wouldn't really be a compensation at all. I think this should be explained more in the patch notes, either "Ravenspine owners will keep the changed ravenspine and get to choose from additional glider" or remove the compensation wording and just put in "Ravenspine users get to choose different glider from box"
also incase we don't get two gliders but just one, will we be compensated for the hundreds of gold and thousands of labor spent on upgrading the glider and getting the improvement we want?

why I consider Ravenspine an image item is simple, and was in part explained already, as it is now, you are lucky to be able to use it inbetween being cc chained by a darkrunner to get out of the hell due to server lag, unless the invincibility becomes an active ability of the glider without the need to actually jump on the glider to use it, similar to auroria or honor weapons, we will get either deleted or cc chained again before the server realises we used the invincibility even if we get lucky and it realises that we used the glider before the incoming cc/deleting

Buff changes, Battlerage and Wave meteor

ok this was already reapeated hundred times with no solid feedback beyond "live does it so we do too" so let's talk about it

to set the situation, as already stated, battlerage is around 10:1 to other main skill threes in population for a simple reason, it's insanely overpowered
battlerage has the most damage potential of all other trees by far, safe for current wave meteor but about that later, it has instant, non-casted, mostly tap targeted abilities that stack with eachother, offer high to insane dmg with built in cc that isn't broken by other battlerage skills but instead chained

if you look at mages, all the damage dealers mages have are separate from CC (safe for meteor), all the damage dealers require long cast and or targetting, requiring CC which is broken and almost never chained by that damage, also lot of cc has cast time as well which gives melee great window for evasion or cc chain
long cast is also pushing mages to invest heavily into cast reduction blocking gems/costume+undies/gear bonuses for damage attack speed or tankyness, while cast time does nothing but slightly offset the disadvantage mages have
every gem melee are getting is to help them deal more damage/become more tanky instead

on top of this you are removing buffs that are very important to survive not only to healers, but to mages as well, mages get very little physical defense from cloth, unlike melee leather that gives decent physical AND magical defense, and without these buffs are deleted by way less geared melee before they get a chance to use insta ability, let alone start casting something (obviously I am counting with good p.def shield, any mage running without shield outside of spellsinger mageball is a madman to me)

one additional point, tho battlerage users can damage and cc ontop of eachother without the slightest bit of coordination
two mages will get in eachothers way breaking cc before big damage spells unless (in the context of this server population) extremely skilled or highly coordinated

these points illustrate why battlerage badly needs to be changed, or if nothing else, heavily nerfed in damage, but removing or limiting the possibilty of some chains would be prefferable along with a decent nerf (even if we remove all cc it doesn't matter if we get twoshot anyway)

Wave meteor
the massive nerf on wave meteor looks bad enough already with your numbers, and tho I agree there is a slight nerf needed, your numbers (base numbers) don't really illustrate how huge the nerf is in reality
from a point of just slighly undergeared mage (6,5k gear with epic ayanad scepter and divine obsidan) the scaling goes from 622% to 311% which is huge nerf on targeted spell with high cast time that needs two solid cc to land and removes the ability to use deep freeze, one of the most important mage cc and the only cc available in sorcery tree, while in theory it looks like increased flat dmg could be welcome addition to help new guys farm mobs with the meteor, those guys won't be able to survive pull big enough to make it worth especially without the large investments in cast time
also compared to some battlerage skills, wave meteor isn't even that powerfull, it's just badly geared 3.5k gs seeing that 1k m.attk mage with decent penetration can oneshot them, but try it on a healer a bit under your gs and it just tickles them

tl:dr Battlerage should recieve a safe 20% nerf on damage at minimum and possibly get some of it's cc removed/revamped, wave meteor should go from 500 > 250% base scaling + 5.5x flat damage to about 400-370% base scaling + 2x-3x flat damage, most stackable defense buffs should remain to close gear gap, turn damage buffs into ribs

Homecoming bike, bikes in general
it should be clearly stated that the homecoming bike is temporary in the patch notes to put an end to this uproar
bike design is way too expensive without the chance to get it for gilda stars in my opinion, I understand that it's a prestige vanity item, but setting the price so high only upsets players, decrease the cost of base bike design but increase the cost of maxxed bike and customized versions instead to make the cost scale better

Merit vs Gilda
so merit was supposed to change into gilda which saw gilda prices increase and merit desgins being moved elsewhere
you decided to keep merit and don't offer the chance to turn it into gilda, which would be ok, but the availability of merit vs the old stock of it is going to screw up merit shop, there either needs to be a conversion ration on merits to new values or this system removed/revamped alltogeder, personally I see nothing wrong with just turning merits into gilda and changing merit shop into gilda shop with higher values, it would increase the demand for gildas and thus lead to more potential pvp on gilda runners

treehouse merit cost goes down from 800 to 350 but there is no mention of axis mundi, does that mean this crucial item will become extremely expensive and hard to reach, or will it be available elsewhere / made cheaper?

also if we can't turn our merit into gilda and we don't get half of the daily gildas we would, I see no reason to keep the increase in gilda costs, the costs should be increased only about 35% of the current increase rate instead, else you are just going to turn off new players from aquiring their fun toys (ships/cars) to play with and keep them from burning out on the gear grind

Car design gilda changes
• Adjusted the Gilda Star Shop prices and items:
◦ Apex Squall Design = Gilda Star x 1500
there is no mention of Timber, Nova or Rampage, which should be cleared out
I assume timber and nova get increased to 1.5k too, which really makes no sense unless the Nova and Apex become 4wD same as timber, will the craft to S200 and B200 change now that these cars cost the same gold and gilda as S200 or will possible upgrade of those into S200 (for those who craft after 4.0) mean you have to pay nearly double what you would pay for building S200 straight up? And will B200 become way more expensive to obtain as it requires old car for the craft?

Updated Friends system
as current frinends system is only really usefull as a watchlist or a tool to add someone who's offline to see when they come online for trading/etc, this change is making the feature nearly useless, but that's my opinion

Speedboat Upgrade Ticket was transferred from Housing -> Licenses to Travel -> Vehicles.
great!, could you also move crest columns, stairs, ramp, dome and round empty frame from costumes to housing? lot of people don't even know those are available because of the location

Adventurer's Growthstones will not be removed from the quest
could we at least remove them along with companion growthstones from daily "merit" mission reward box? those items are virtually useless on this server with boosted labor and exp rates, with companion crusts being so plentifull they aren't even worth listing to me, they only annoy us and honestly I can't get myself to complete 5 merit quests because I would get growthstone anyway, which is not really enticing reward

Added the button to Marketplace that would let you take all items from the Marketplace Mail by 1 click.
awesome, just awesome

HIRAM
this is a huge point that has been avoided in patch notes, as far as I am told hiram is being added in this patch, and while only low grades are added, it is an issue that needs to be adressed
Hiram gear is a mechanic that goes against all the mechanics Archeage is built on, it needs to be nerefed to bring it along with dungeon gear, which is a place it belongs, farmable gear that needs no rng or economy, that is available for newer players while being several steps behind ayanad and T6 obsidian to entice players to get involved in economy and open world pvp to get their real gear after getting the "up to speed" set, I don't think there is a point in having hiram at all, but I am fine with it being alternative to dungeon gear for players to choose from
this isn't just my opinion but the opinion voiced by majority of east/pn players I myself talked with about it, or have seen talk about in chats, and the lack of Hiram is often mentioned as the main factor why people chose to start playing on this server opposed to playing on official servers

why I say this needs to be adressed now and not in 4.5 even tho the hiram we are getting is subpar is so that players don't sink their time and gold in it thinking "this is gonna be the new OP in 4.5 especially with Erenor nerfed"

Welcoming message!
we badly need a welcoming mail or popup that will tell new players they can't use labor except for specific activities until level 52, along with some other important information about this server, this NEEDS to be added as soon as possible

last thing in this post, Fishing
facts are fishing is not viable, majority of the established players on server own a fishing boat while newer players have option to rent one, yet I never see anyone fishing outside the Fisher's day just to deliver 18 fish and be done with it, I've done some fishing for gold to get a feel for it, even tried to roam around and look for fishers to catch, noone ever fishes and the reason why? It's not worth the time

my sample at around 80k fishing proff (I have massively deleveled the proff because of it's uselessness) is that silver per labor really shines, which is to be expected from the job that gives you the biggest disadvantage in game, being a stitting duck with weapons, costume, title and some armor pieces unequipped, waiting to be easily found even by chance by passing merchant
issue is, while silver per labor is good, the time per labor, and thus time per gold, is just way too bad, getting 140g for about 30m trip (you don't wanna skip fish to hurt your silver per labor or to end up with 3 gargs and empty ship, happens to me often even without letting small fish go) is just waste of your time when compared to other activities, and assuming that u catch full ship, at my low proff 640 labor spent during 30 minutes, while u regen 240 labor, you would have to fish 9 hours a day to use your labor (without using pots from stipends etc.) and sometimes it takes you those 30m just to find a spot, even if you found spot caught 8 fish and delivered in 20 minutes at higher proff, that would be 8 hours nonstop fishing a day under perfect circumstances to use your labor, that's not really viable way to earn gold or spend labor

silver per labor when fishing is good, it might be increased but I think it's fine as is, but the value of fish and labor spent needs to be increased marginably, increasing damage on fish wouldn't really help with the travel and find times, so that is the only option here
however increasing the value of fish to a point it would become viable here (also u need to remember, a lot of things on live are viable because of alt accounts we don't use here), about 2-4 times (4-2h fishing at max proff to still have time for events and daily activities), would only make it easy and juicy pray for pirating, so I gonna repeat my earlier proposition in the old thread that has gone unnoticed, introduce "crafter's cut" mechanic from regular trade packs to fishes, however since it costs no labor to turn fish in unlike packs, the fisher is taking all the labor tax and should be compensated 40-60% of the fish price, this would make it worth for both fisher and the pirate

Last edited:
You said certain items will get 100% chance at celestial, as for what those items are it could either devalue anchors or make them worthless.

Will you be able to reveal what items the regrade buff applies to? Or is that still in the process of being decided?
I never said Celestial will be 100%.

Back