What's new

ArcheRage 8.0 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit for Guild Exp:
So a Lvl 7 Guild with nearly 75% Exp to Level 8 , drops back to lvl 7 0% and all the work from the People is vanished because there is no System to Convert Exp thats alrdy gathered? That cant be a real thing or?

Yes looks like it, that's why I wrote this:

View attachment 24092

If this is purely per level, please change it to it being based on guild exp earned!! Lower level guilds would lose a lot of progress if they are, say, 80% from lv6 to lv7, or 75% from lv7 to lv8....but they only get for the lv6 or lv7 at 0% exp. That seems super unfair.

If thats the way People get treated for investing in Chests

Good point, a lot of people invested in the pocket storage to hold all these buffs, that sucks lmao

Maybe we can turn the Combat Buffs into Assorted Ribs.

True, that's a fair suggestion. Other buffs got converted into ribs in the past like the defense potions. Combined with the rest it seems like a sufficient solution. The rest being: converting grimoires back to kyrios, as you said before, labor pots into other labor pots, and turning loot pots into quicksilver tonics

Here's my proposed solution similar to this: make an alternative way to access the guild residence functions in form of a furniture item. Just stick all the functions of the residence (that aren't available anywhere else) onto a context menu on an item that can be placed into an existing house and otherwise has all the properties of the guild residence (costs prestige to purchase and maintain and so on). You could use this as the model, and then whichever house has this in it, can get permissions to put crested guild furniture into (and possibly vendors and whatnot if you want to make it more complex). The guild residence models could be turned into regular 44x44 designs that could be built separately and accept normal furniture.

View attachment 24008

That way the landscape doesn't have to be ruined with more mandatory houses (unless some players really like the designs in which case they can place the house instead of the item). Also helps with the land shortage.
I just want to go on record stressing that I think this proposed solution to us not wanting to have to build new mansions is the best I've seen and should be seriously considered. A single decor or workbench item that serves the same function as the system currently planned is far more economical and will spare a lot of distress and upset. I don't think the current proposed changes serve any practical purpose and will only exasperate the land shortage crisis. If, for some reason, we must bring guild functions out of a simple menu and make it a needed physical structure (which goes against the entire trend of the game, where dungeons and entire zones are removed and replaced with buttons in the arena menu) let's limit the intrusion as much as possible. Please.

Good point, a lot of people invested in the pocket storage to hold all these buffs, that sucks lmao

It seems to me they could just not give us those buff items from any events or boxes anymore, and let us keep the limited supply we have, rather than removing them. I don't understand the reasoning behind doing this. What problem is being addressed here? We got inventory chests specifically for this reason, and sure the amount of buff items might be a bit high but people can just not choose to get them. Removing them at all is unnecessary and wasteful, especially after people may have spent good gold on stocking up on them, but to remove them without compensation is just unfair.

1701210698745.png

Are these items truly going to be deleted as well? Can it be avoided somehow? I don't see any other way to get these specific color chairs or the table.

View attachment 24118

Are these items truly going to be deleted as well? Can it be avoided somehow? I don't see any other way to get these specific color chairs or the table.

This confuses me as well, is all furniture crafted from the desserted cottage going to be affected by this? I guess we will have wait for custom patch notes though, to find out what will truly be deleted and what not ;-;

Last edited:
It seems to me they could just not give us those buff items from any events or boxes anymore, and let us keep the limited supply we have, rather than removing them. I don't understand the reasoning behind doing this. What problem is being addressed here? We got inventory chests specifically for this reason, and sure the amount of buff items might be a bit high but people can just not choose to get them. Removing them at all is unnecessary and wasteful, especially after people may have spent good gold on stocking up on them, but to remove them without compensation is just unfair.

I did not get a reply when I asked about what mechanics are the reason for the deletions, as that was, so far, the only reason they gave for not keeping items: their mechanics. But yea, all in all, deleting things is very wasteful, I agree.

With Thieves Cache grimoires going away except the longing buff, what do you guys think of Honor Goblet, Secret Gift, and Assorted Ribs added to it? Basic buffs for new players to use for content.

Would enable new people to focus their honor use on gems and awakening/decrystallisation! And mostly the older players run dungeons a lot to be able to get ribs from serp/dahuta, so that's a nice addition for new people as well.

A few things regarding items changes I want to mention, as I see some of you start to panic using the list from another server that we never confirmed will be fully applied here.
So:
- We are not going just to delete something from you. Any items that will be removed will be compensated, including Grimoires.
- We don't plan to remove decor, remove/exchange mounts or gliders.
- We'll make sure to provide the full list before the release. Neither me nor Sjinderson has the final list right now, so that's not something we can provide to you yet.

With Thieves Cache grimoires going away except the longing buff, what do you guys think of Honor Goblet, Secret Gift, and Assorted Ribs added to it? Basic buffs for new players to use for content.
Would enable new people to focus their honor use on gems and awakening/decrystallisation! And mostly the older players run dungeons a lot to be able to get ribs from serp/dahuta, so that's a nice addition for new people as well.
We are already looking at what possible substitute items.

Any existing Thieves caches would be updated after patch to give the new item pool as well.

Like discussed in the Discord also; As grimoires need to go I would welcome this replacement. Been kinda sad about the grimoires going but this would really make up for it in my mind 👍

Correct.
Lunafrost, Images and Gems in the case of Underwear.
All need removing beforehand or would be lost
Costumes are getting redone, but i cant find anything in the Update Notes for 8.0
I only read we must remove everything on the Costume like Gems/ Images etc. but dose it rly hit with that Patch when nothing is mentioned in the Patche Notes from the Update? or am i just blind?

Costumes are getting redone, but i cant find anything in the Update Notes for 8.0
I only read we must remove everything on the Costume like Gems/ Images etc. but dose it rly hit with that Patch when nothing is mentioned in the Patche Notes from the Update? or am i just blind?
It is not a 8.0 patch change.
The costume change is part of an ID change.

To better explain it you'll need to understand some details.
KR and NA/EU have always used 2 different sets of Item ID's for a lot of items. This allowed NA to make adjustments to items without modifying the game itself as all they needed to do with replace the Item ID to a new NA specific ID.
When Kakao took over as publisher they did not want to handle 2 sets of item ID's and instead opted for all item ID's will be reverted to KR only. This happened the week before 8.0's launch. So that is why its not part of normal patch notes. Its not a patch change, however we need to apply it to some items who's mechanics have changed with 8.0

For costumes KR have had an entirely different system for costumes where they are crafted and synthesised with honor. These costumes unlike what NA has are actually class specific.
So a melee costume only gets melee stats for instance, It cannot get Ranged, Healing or Magic stats.
For this reason we need to convert costumes to the KR system or nobody can any new costumes.
Why could we not custom retain the existing system? KR costumes have an adjusted stat pool and values that each stat provides. So to retain this would be custom balancing gameplay aspects of combat for baseline mechanics. Something we do not do. Secondly along with the change in stats and synthesis method a number of Image costumes are split into 2 types. Where there is now an Image and Combat variant. The Image is of course an Image item and all existing Image items will still be Image variants. The Combat variants are non specific stat costumes. So they contain all 4 classes stat pools together.

Existing Costumes will convert to a Combat Costume Box. This box is opened to select the costume of your choosing. It will be a Basic Grade costume.
Because of this the applied Lunafrost and Image will be lost.
Underwear is in the same vein. Except instead of a Combat Costume Box they convert to a neutral costume. So a Magic Goldcat Underwear will convert to Goldcat underwear, or Ranged redcat underwear to Redcat underwear. Unfortunately I do not have the details at this time if said Underwear conversion will retain synthesis affects, exp, Gems, Lunafrost or Image. So you may need to remove them all from the underwear prior to. If is the case you'll be informed before release.

Grimoires are an obsoleted item with all sources removed. We have already seen how allowing people to retain items has affected things and with such strong items allowing people to retain them with no new source would only lead to mass stockpiling of them creating an unfair playing field. So instead we intend to remove them with the update and convert them so people aren't just stripping of large quantities of grimoires.

Now as Sparkle has said We are not just deleting items from people. Anything removed will be substituted somehow. With that said please stop panicking is X,Y,Z going to be removed. If we haven't said it will be removed / converted then it most likely will not be. We are only converting the items that are necessary to be converted. While we can't give a full list yet all the ones we have identified as needing converting has already been recognised.

Existing Costumes will convert to a Combat Costume Box. This box is opened to select the costume of your choosing. It will be a Basic Grade costume.
Because of this the applied Lunafrost and Image will be lost.
Underwear is in the same vein. Except instead of a Combat Costume Box they convert to a neutral costume. So a Magic Goldcat Underwear will convert to Goldcat underwear, or Ranged redcat underwear to Redcat underwear. Unfortunately I do not have the details at this time if said Underwear conversion will retain synthesis affects, exp, Gems, Lunafrost or Image. So you may need to remove them all from the underwear prior to. If is the case you'll be informed before release.
thx for the clarification, dose this part
retain synthesis affects
Also be a Point for the Costumes, or must we upgrade them again from Basic to Eternal? Or is that like you said for the Underwear missing Details that you get later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back