What's new

ArcheRage 8.0 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup ... how i said the Item is in general way to OP and will only cause a sh**show and only favor Guilds with a good amount of active players that are more flexible to play and are ready " after 1 call". I can imagine u can also use it for other places with a similar result.

I really dont know what the intention was to add an item like that to the Game.
To make the guild more active
But it's too hard for small guilds
I hope they can make it easier to get guild contributions
In this way, small guilds running in the family mode of 10-20 people can also participate in the update of the version
Since there are no open guild copies, the only way to gain experience is through quests
However, even if you complete all the missions, the amount of guild contributions each person can earn is very limited
So it's hard for small guilds
Even if it were possible to build guilds, I'm not sure the small guilds would have enough contributions to sustain the weekly castle cost

To make the guild more active
But it's too hard for small guilds
I hope they can make it easier to get guild contributions
In this way, small guilds running in the family mode of 10-20 people can also participate in the update of the version
Since there are no open guild copies, the only way to gain experience is through quests
However, even if you complete all the missions, the amount of guild contributions each person can earn is very limited
So it's hard for small guilds
Even if it were possible to build guilds, I'm not sure the small guilds would have enough contributions to sustain the weekly castle cost

This seems more like a general explanation of why the guild system was changed and I understand that legacy was dying so they needed to motivate people to keep playing to keep their guilds strong. However, this reasoning is not relevant for AR.

Thank you for pointing that out, in that sense we should definitely have some custom changes to this new guild system. Not just restricting the Nui ports on Freedich.

This seems more like a general explanation of why the guild system was changed and I understand that legacy was dying so they needed to motivate people to keep playing to keep their guilds strong. However, this reasoning is not relevant for AR.

Thank you for pointing that out, in that sense we should definitely have some custom changes to this new guild system. Not just restricting the Nui ports on Freedich.
Hopefully it will increase the reward of the quest

Last edited:
Sorcery/Auramancy

Instead of the cooldown for Arc Lightning being set to 12 seconds, increase it to 20-24 seconds as that puts it in line with the other classes n term of "big damage" skills.
The scaling and range on arc lighting is insane as it is, for balance it should either have a lower scale to magic attack, remove or nerf the Conflagration/burning combo or as above just make the cooldown long enough to justify the amount of damage it does.

Alternatively you can decrease the cooldown of conversion shield to 15 seconds and call it a day

Battlerage
Consider increasing the damage for lightning triple slash by %4 instead of 2, on dual wield it does almost nothing and on two hander the change just makes it do the same damage as it does before 8.0 since 2h loses %2 anyway. Have all of the basic triple slash rotation do AOE damage while still needing a target in order to use.

Shadowplay/Defence
Remove the accuracy requirement for Leech and Boastful Roar

Before I start, I do have ADHD and sometimes I don't fully absorb what I am reading, so if I have misunderstood something I apologize, but it seems to me that they are going to be requiring us to build literal guild mansions in order to access needed features like guild buffs and such? I'm sure I speak for many people when I say many, if not most of us don't want to be forced to do this..

Not only is there already a major land shortage crisis happening on the server right now, but this is yet another example of changing the game by *removing* freedoms rather than adding them. This seems to be a recurring theme of the game. Major updates seem to be used as vehicles to strongarm players into giving up on any uniqueness of creative expression. It seems to me that most games do the opposite, at least the good ones. They ADD features, rather than take them away.

My "Guild House" is a large, interconnected citadel built of several structures that offers a variety of different rooms and functions to explore. We LIKE this. We like that we have something unique and which has our own guild signature to it. Nothing would be helped by tearing that all down and replacing it with a bland, cut and paste mansion. People enjoy putting their own flavour on things, and it seems like every time there is a major update it is geared towards pushing us away from that creativity and trying to box us into these unwanted, unenjoyable templates.

I'm not saying the idea of having a designated Guild House is a bad thing, maybe it's actually a useful idea. Maybe you could do things that incentivize this, like a reduced tax status on that property, or making a guild workbench item become available for placement there. But why not allow us to assign this designation to any structure we choose? Like the farmhand. Give us the ability to decide which structure counts as "the guild house", rather than giving us this limited selection of unimaginative generic mansion structures and forcing us to use one in order to be able to access said features?

Let people have their creativity - why must we force a needless standardization on everyone, when the entire nature of an open world MMORPG is literally antithetical to that? There's no harm in making mansions available, but I don't like the way it seems like we are being forced to use them in order to access necessary guild functions.
Due to land issues, the guild buffs should not be tied to having the house.. The teleport/recall and merchants within the guild house are more convenience.. But tying necessary buffs or quests to it will make it impossible in a game where land is scarce...

We do not intend to implement the ID change from Trion ID to KR ID's. Except for items that are otherwise required to be changed due to mechanics.

So all gliders and other items will remain as they are now.
is this also the case for costumes and undies? Werent they changed in this patch as well and deleted from the game?

This should really be reconsidered for Freedich.... its already painful with Guild Flares... Having that would be horrible and i doubt people would be able to deliver Packs since " bigger" Guilds can just easily port there and rob smaller "Guilds". Would just be a big camping massacre worse than now.There shouldnt be any option to port to Freedich at all.

To be really honest : The whole Item is way to OP and will only cause problems. It only favors the Guilds with " most active Members" and will help them to tryhard even more than most do now.
no shot we are trying to balance the game around dead guilds right? just leave and join an active guild lol

"2. Healing Circle
• Will now immediately be removed upon receiving PvE damage."

I suggest not to change the skill because low gear score guild or party members can not benefit from the healing circle if the healer receives damage.

I suggest not to link some passive guild buffs to having a guild base because there is no free land currently to build a guild house which is 44 x 44 size.

That's why we proposed to add the plaza for an 28x option, easier to acquire. Let's stay tuned to a response from the AR team.

your choice to not recruit people is just that, your choice no reason to balance the game around it.

Why is it suddenly about my choices? Everyone's writing in plural. Anyway, right back at ya, also no need to balance around the playstyle of larger guilds, they don't make up all of the server pop either. There's a large variety in guild sizes.

1700181702299.png

Can we cancel this change?Compared with Gilda Stars, I think Family quests need Vocation Badges more.

View attachment 24050
Can we cancel this change?Compared with Gilda Stars, I think Family quests need Vocation Badges more.
Maybe either/or... Due to the multiple ways you can earn vocation, this would be unnecessary. You get free vocation just going to a shrine, and 2 other easy quests at the same shrine to get even more vocation..

• Sad
Reactions: Liz
your choice to not recruit people is just that, your choice no reason to balance the game around it.
Just shows that u weren't playing at all lately. Not a single useful argument.
Just leave that topic to the AR -Team.

Maybe either/or... Due to the multiple ways you can earn vocation, this would be unnecessary. You get free vocation just going to a shrine, and 2 other easy quests at the same shrine to get even more vocation..
I think Family quests need Vocation Badges more,instead of Gilda Stars,It has nothing to do with whether it is easy to obtain

Sorcery/Auramancy

Instead of the cooldown for Arc Lightning being set to 12 seconds, increase it to 20-24 seconds as that puts it in line with the other classes n term of "big damage" skills.
The scaling and range on arc lighting is insane as it is, for balance it should either have a lower scale to magic attack, remove or nerf the Conflagration/burning combo or as above just make the cooldown long enough to justify the amount of damage it does.

Alternatively you can decrease the cooldown of conversion shield to 15 seconds and call it a day

Battlerage
Consider increasing the damage for lightning triple slash by %4 instead of 2, on dual wield it does almost nothing and on two hander the change just makes it do the same damage as it does before 8.0 since 2h loses %2 anyway. Have all of the basic triple slash rotation do AOE damage while still needing a target in order to use.

Shadowplay/Defence
Remove the accuracy requirement for Leech and Boastful Roar
pls dont adjust "some" skills and the other keeped as it is, then we also should Rework Precision Strike to lose his Crit Dmg boost and Blood Combo Effect + Crit Rate + Ancestral rework that it dosnt reset when it kills someone, whirlwind with a 5 sec cd etc etc etc
if we start at one we should rework all

It's a private server, we get those bonuses because of that. No need to nerf other things in their stead... >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back