What's new

TheRealEnlaa

I'm working on a video covering ArcheRage, whether or not it's worth playing on, pros and cons, hopes for the future, and more. I want to see what other players think about the state of the server and its community.

There's going to be people saying negative things and they're entitled to that but I think a lot of it is exaggeration. I really enjoy the game and play it often, probably a little too often. The server has lots of people and as of late I've seen lots of new players joining too because of 3.0, and I think if you like ArcheAge or have always wanted to try it you'll love this server and it's only bound to get better if we get more people.

In terms of the actual in game community, it's what you'd expect of ArcheAge. There's lots of interguild drama, backstabbing, spying, and even the occasional scammer here and there. The faction chat pvp can get pretty tense at times on east, I can't say much for west though, but at the end of the day we all sort of get along. :)

I think the only real con about the server is that the administrative team could work a bit to improve communications with the playerbase. They've been doing an excellent job so far, and I know English isn't their native language, but at the same time sometimes they're a little ambiguous or not very clear when it comes to some of their responses. Don't get me wrong though, they're getting better and coming around to some of the changes suggested and its looking like their implementation of 3.0 is going to be great.

In the future I hope that the administrative team continues to implement the changes we suggest to help improve the server, because if their team can handle ArcheAge better than XL Games and Trion have then the server is bound to be prosperous.

I'm voting for worth playing... in another case I wouldn't be here playing, right? :p

Server is already giving lots of benefits (x5 Experience; x4 Labor; x2 Production&Growth Speed Honor Rates Increased On All Sources; Free Patron; Increased Loyalty Gain; Increased amount in items possible Stacking quantity, etc) and there are some important for players changes have already been announced to be present in 3.0 here: royal seeds changes, vocations changes, skill changes that will differ this server from NA official.

Even though we, players, are sometimes toxic and rude, we are still often active and helpful. It's still fun to play and enjoy game here, starting new acquaintances, finding new friends and learning something new.

here are my thoughts after playing here for 2 weeks and Trino for years.

1.) Stability: So far I haven't experienced any issue, downtime, crash, bug or any other form of issue. Please note I'm not saying it never happened before because I'm sure it probably did before because nothing is fail free.

Archerage > Trino here so badly is almost funny

2.) Ease of progress for new players: So far outside land been a bit hard to find for FREE(lots and lots of certed on sale land is available everywhere) I think is great, sure there are whales that is unavoidable but never in the amounts you find at Trino, lots of nice guild, economy is relatively stable(but well there always whiners that want to log 1h a week and craft an Ayanad set for 10 gold), gear is relatively easy to get(obsidian/auroria), absolute lack of bots(really not even mining bots), lack of bugs and exploits(that I've seen so far) and many good changes coming with 3.0. I mean my brother and I in 2 week already have couple of 16x16, haulers, manor and farmhouses designs, and half the material needed for upgrades, gazebos designs, auroria gear sets and most mats need for starting Obsidian craft later in march, guild and so far 0$ put on it just playing 2h or 3h on weekdays, although we plan on donating but is kinda a bit hard for now.

Archerage > Trino here so badly is almost funny again

3.) Capable Staff?: Oh men, I will just say it here, when this guys handling archerage say 15m restart is actually 15m, I mean WOW, yes is actually 15m and stuff doesn't break after it, WOW. Coming from Trino this seems so surreal to me that I'm still amazed by it. what about fixes? So, far they fix the stuff in the changelog and actually don't break anything else while the stuff actually get fixed, no ninja patches, no exploits, no 3 weeks OOOPS we broke the servers, no inventory lost, etc. etc. they just fixed what was broken.

Archerage > Trino this guys destroy Trino so hard here that XL Games should seriously consider switching to them as publisher

continue after lunch

Admin, are only positive reviews only allowed to be posted here and everything else will be deleted?

Any reviews is allowed, however make sure to be constructive, not just post 2-3 toxic or insulting words that are giving no explanations of your position and log out.

4.) Community Interaction: I would say here is way better than anything we got from trino over the years, they seem quite open but is not like any idea will go through but I'm happy at least they are willing to find middle grounds for the important stuff, check for example the 3.0 suggestion posts and you will see we got some very nice compromises on many topics but many no as well.

Of course is not always gonna happen either because will favor some group(like that post of making all Auroria a eternal war zone, hence high GS users will free farm honor from newbies) or simply the mechanics are hard coded and will require more time.

Archerage > Trino but don't come expecting that anything you suggest will be implemented by the devs tomorrow

5.) PVP?: mmm lets say probably lot more than Trino 3.0-3.5 ages on a decently populated server but still nowhere close to pre 1.8 days, I've died a lot here specially on auroria, never seem to be an issue to catch abyssal, MM, Luscas, etc. Halcy is on peace very often every day but not like in the old days were even Hellswamp switched to peace constantly and don't expect it to be easy to find groups for low level dungeons.

6.) The BAD: Well not anything will be roses right!, so here comes the negative.

a.) AH: Our AH is way more underdeveloped than what you are used at Trino servers(pre 3.5 times) simply because there is 1 server instead of 8(per cluster and before July merges) and many land barons self crafting everything also we don't have bots here so mining byproducts are not as cheap as you are used at Trino servers. Hopefully this should change for the better with 3.0 fixes and Tax adjustments.

b.) Population: Honestly is in a bit weird position, I mean we probably have more active people here than most NA servers at Trino today but way less than lets say pre 2.9 NA times.

c.) Land: If you come right now don't expect to find any free land just open for you outside 8x8(those you have lots) but for 3.0 the new land + taxes should fix this for new players.

d.) Cash shop: basically is same you are used to but lot cheaper but due to Trino putting a real effort in blocking the server you can only donate with Crypto Currencies for now and can be complicated if you aren't used to but they are looking for alternatives, so don't come expecting you gonna P2W your way with PayPal.

e.) P2W situation: honestly is not that bad since they reverted many of the horrible ninja patches from Trino where you have no other choice that go to the shop because they destroyed the rates to get X or Y in game(ts tree, archeums, vocation, honor, etc. remember those?), so as it is true you can gain advantages using real money is nowhere near as what we lived at Trino while as far I can see you aren't hindered in any way to get them normally in game.

f.) Regrades?: Charms drop from cash shop but you can buy them directly or rng boxes, so that is better. Also lucky points only are attainable through loyalty tokens hence very expensive but I think that is very good(others not of course) to avoid uber whales running in mythic sets.

g.) Honor, gems and stuff?: haven't tested this too much yet since I'm more focused on housing but as far I can see they improved the rates of honor and success for many mechanics, the first 2 gems never seem to break and seem hasla have some special event where you can get more gear enchant goodies but due to the AH issues don't expect to find thousand of cheap high level lunas just there for you to buy.

h.) You cannot use labor until level 52(I think is good to avoid bots and seem to work for most cases here) but be warned tho you can still power level with fishing and converting item with salt knifes.

Good responses so far!
Of course I have some of my own strong opinions as well that will be voice in my video, but I want to get an accurate point of view from EVERY side, not just positive or negative. Lots of grey areas on this server, and tension is high right now because of the upcoming update. But I'm overall confident that all of us together can revive this game!

Any reviews is allowed, however make sure to be constructive, not just post 2-3 toxic or insulting words that are giving no explanations of your position and log out.
I appreciate the transparency. As long as that sentiment stays consistent across all moderators and admins, you wont hear much complaint from me.

Back