What's new

Labor Expenditure lvl 52 changes

Raistlin

All hell broke loose on global chat once this took effect, its still flaming ,as people log on.

It might had been a deterent to stop bots from leveling or something similar, but since it worked for the entire past week, well..

Also many new players are still comming into the game, and some mid level ones that decided to level via labor, were cut off, and are now pretty pissed being forced into content they dont want, and they are stuck with no gear on 40-51 ,and many prepared resources to level via labor.

Its mostly related to headstart first players had compared to the ones that joined ArcheRage later on, they had the absolute right to take up every single ounce of land using various valid and invalid means, on nuia where i play, but to give part of community much better treatment related to leveling and speed of progression, compared to the ones that joined a bit later, is not fair, and discouraging.

The speed of leveling via questing is uncomparable to labor expenditure becouse of the distances you must travel from quest to quest, this will leave many players with days or weeks gimp, that will promote elitism and griefing.

Also there was no visible warning of these changes, so way too many are surprised by this.

I surely hope this hurts bots and hackers more than the other part of players, since the progression halt is real.

____________________________________________ EDIT
Many new ideas in the comments.

All of that ,what happened, how it made many people feel and what they lost, and they lost many things, items ,opportunities, time, chance to prepare, the rage and grief that came out of it isnt constructive, to turn the tables they could enable labor exp for untill the end of weekend ,and put it on ingame login message, turn this whole thing around, earn the respect of the community and in return get more profits by doing so since players will spend more to finish it in the given deadline.

But im pretty certain that wont happen, nothing is perfect, the margin of playerbase has been pushed, hopefully there wont be any more drastic changes like these to stir even more trouble.

Last edited:
If they took the time to read updates and notices that were posted prior to joining they would know it was coming. Ignorance is not an excuse.

that's why mmo's right now are unplayable,

people dont read and then want things to be changed, just because they fucked up

Personally I think it's fine to make people level up their first characters manually given that the server is 5x exp. However, as far as leveling alts (particularly alts that are holding land and need tax certs) there should probably be a way around it. Maybe make it so if you already have a 55 the labor spending restriction is removed, or at least make tax certs craftable at any level given that they award no experience.

Edit: I forgot to mention but this server has had issues with bots and a level 52 requirement will help with that.

that's why mmo's right now are unplayable,

people dont read and then want things to be changed, just because they fucked up

Its all well untill you are fucked :)

Gloating how you are one of few hardcore players who is in the loop on everything. People like you ,who think they know everything ,were flooding archeage forums asking for chargebacks ,re-roll and their "rights" when something went wrong, you guys were the loudest.

Like changes as these are normal in any mmo out there, acting like you can expect them, to completely change the leveling mechanics in one small patch.

You will be quite busy explaining all the players who continue the game in next few days what happened ingame and in forum, everyone like you, who knew and kept silent, is trolling the rest.

And for the record, i was farming majestic trees in the wilds, which were prolly removed by GM after the patch, and my char that was next to them was somehow degraded from lvl 52 to lvl 50 ,did i mention how i missed the opportunity to take the Thunderstruck Tree later on, since i couldnt pick it up. But its all minor compared to the big picture of what i read is happening to others.

The list of the people and the damages that were done by said nerf are beyond what egoistic people imagine.

I am piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed! I play ArcheRage for the crafting and trade.

I was enjoying the game very much. I never played ArcheAge before, so I've been watching Youtube video guides and leaving messages to tell them about this server.

I'm gone and I'll be deleting my youtube comments as well. This change only delays bots, it does not deal with them permanently. But you ^%$#ed all of the crafters in your game.

I'd also like to point out that it takes maybe...4-6 hours of leveling to hit 52? It's really not bad, especially if you're a new player seeing the stuff for the first time.

I never played AA originally, but even I heard horror stories of how the devs royally screwed over the players with p2w BS in the first year. I guess you can't be an AA player, even on a private server, without getting fucked by the devs.

I dont really understand why people is so mad about this , it wont change the game that much and its pretty easy to hit 52...

How can you not be 52 with this exp rate? I mean even with labor it has to be atleast very close to 52. Just do some quests.. Mistmerrow also gives a ton of exp. This really isn't the big debacle some make it out to be...

I'd also like to point out that it takes maybe...4-6 hours of leveling to hit 52? It's really not bad, especially if you're a new player seeing the stuff for the first time.

People keep saying how easy it is to get to level 52, one says 4-6 hours another 1-2 days. If you have played Archeage before, it might be easy for you. I've never played Archeage, so no, I can not level to 52 in that amount of time. And every other character I start, I have to do the same grind. no ty. I'll just not play.

How can you not be 52 with this exp rate? I mean even with labor it has to be atleast very close to 52. Just do some quests.. Mistmerrow also gives a ton of exp. This really isn't the big debacle some make it out to be...

I lost most of my gold from planting 50 ginseng and 30 turkeys last night before going to bed. I have some random leveling gear. How is that not a debacle?

I lost most of my gold from planting 50 ginseng and 30 turkeys last night before going to bed. I have some random leveling gear. How is that not a debacle?
As soon as you hit lv 52 you can harvest it and it won't die right away. You should be able to hit lv 52 this weekend if you just follow the green quest and level through the zones. Always use bufffood (especially the force spellbook for higher attak) and you will be throught the zones easily, even with the quest gear. When you reach level 50 get the warrior weapon for 2 warrior medals at the crafting bench in your factions hero hall. The weapon is really good and should really boost you. Good luck

Guys, this change was stated to happen in a thread dated the 21st ..... The level 20 was only temp, it was always supposed to be 52.

People should really read the forum and admin posts more.

Back