What's new

Labor Expenditure lvl 52 changes

i didnt know it too, just heart it from a friend...

How people didn't know this was coming is beyond me, there was a thread made by a GM on the 21st October.

If people don't want to put the effort into checking a forum, then they have no right to complain about changes made they didn't know about.

"game changes" as a title isnt rly good for a change like this

the forum isnt structured good... for examble i cant find any itemshop change ... and im active here.
you cant even find the ig helloween event in oureEvent section.
the launcher is rly rly bad too for keeping us up to date.

What about if you donate 10 dollars for credits (or more), your account is automatically unlocked for labor for level 20 and up. This DOES NOT really hurt bots or alts, but does create a constant revenue for the admins, and any bots and alts discovered is a free 10 dollars for them. 10 dollars is a placeholder number, but I feel it is a fair number, kind of like buying a full account, and it affords credits for people to use.

I see a lot of people talking both sides of this problem, but what we really need are viable solutions.

TBH I think this could be considered as an option, but then again you're going to piss of the "FUCK THIS PAY TO WIN GAME! REEEEEEE" players the $10 could also go towards the "development blah blah blah, prolly wont happen"-fund

Sounds like you didn't join the public discord which had all this information with links at each stage of advancement, you didn't check the specifics of the server (which were easy to find on the forums as they were very low activity up to launch), and was announced as a last min update that for the first week only, you could spend labor at level 20. Sorry but if you had any interest at all about how this server was different, you would have found all of this very easily like the rest of us that knew. If you didn't have interest, then you are approaching the game very casually and you wont get ahead that way.

Want to know the truth? The reason people were past level 52 within first 24 hours was because they played the game before and they put in a lot of efficient work. Only resources where cheap cash shop items, we all started at 0 Labor, and labor stipend was only way to get more off the bat (which I didn't even get until day 3 because I didn't even realize it was there). 85-90% of the work to level was done through questing (which is stupid fast), I leveled to 55 in less than 20 hours (with sleep time included) and only actually spent about 5k labor and most of that was post level 52.

The truth is that the people ahead would still be ahead if everyone actually had to wait to level 52 to craft. They are the ones grinding harder and smarter and they will always be ahead of you if you don't spend the time to prepare yourself with information. Are you also going to get upset at people that read upcoming patch notes and buy mats that they know are going to increase in values due to something new being added that other might not have seen? Sorry but if you aren't able to reach 52 without crafting on this 4x xp server that hands you 3 different versions of stackable xp buffs in a couple days, then the truth is you weren't going to survive at a level to complete with people who are willing to and did do so...

You don't have to read all the post on the forum but I would highly recommend reading anything at all posted in News and updates...

To aid others, It might have been benificial to say 20+ to craft week 1, 40+ to craft week 2, 52+ to craft after week 3. But on the flip side, at some point,someone will be on the cut off and say its not fair if its not you.

IF you enjoy this game then its very easy to reach 52 without crafting. I will even offer to guide you through the process to show you that we can get you there no problem if you just play.

Last edited:
The truth is that the people ahead would still be ahead if everyone actually had to wait to level 52 to craft.

Exactly that, but it should had been better that one week of no labor limits never existed in the first place, since it allowed players to use dozen birch trees to capture land with alts they leveled.
And the main point is ,the gap between players who started with such a boost , and the players who are just now joining the game has only been made much greater by that week.
But thats past now.

How people didn't know this was coming is beyond me, there was a thread made by a GM on the 21st October.

If people don't want to put the effort into checking a forum, then they have no right to complain about changes made they didn't know about.

Most games these days post updates on forums, launcher news and in-game announcements making gaming forums irrelevant. I was playing on Elysium vanilla wow server, they made in game announcements all the time.

Only posting a change like this on the forum is willful negligence.

Exactly that, but it should had been better that one week of no labor limits never existed in the first place, since it allowed players to use dozen birch trees to capture land with alts they leveled.

I wound have been fine with leaving it at 52. However no labor was needed to place land, only needed labor to construct it. Also land through alts is still account based so you can only have 2 unbuilt properties no matter what. If they were multi account based, They already mentioned in another post that some people have already been banned and while they wont manually remove the land owned by them, you will see demos happening this Saturday and Sunday due to it.

And the main point is ,the gap between players who started with such a boost , and the players who are just now joining the game has only been made much greater by that week. But thats past now.

True, but my point is they would have created that gap anyway due to time and commitment that some of these players put in. If you cant spend the time to become 52+ by tonight then you would have been left in the dust no matter what. As they all would have been 55 in day 1 or 2 still. Ive played every FS trion offered and Ive seen the ways people succeed and the way they fall behind, this honestly didnt change much besides shifting the plans of a few later players of how they would level. Straight up, I only spend about 30 mins to an hour per zones because you level so quickly. At level 50, I bought an honor weapon for 2 warriors medals and found a group to grind auroria mobs with for auroria gear drops. Besides a few stolen coin purses, it honestly wasn't until the next day (I didnt even start until about 6 hours after launch stared) and was already level 51-52 that I started to spend labor to level with a vocation pot and the 3 xp buffs. I did all of this with level 10 upper gear and BASIC LEVEL PANTS AND SHOES (though i did get a battle pet around level 30 which is available to everyone for free in questing, and i bought a cheap weapon for a few silver every 5-10 levels) and yes, I was lvl 55 in this gear.

I agree it sucks for those who weren't prepared but Im also dont think its really that big a deal. Pop all your xp potions, focus on Green quests and only do extras when you are done green quests but you are under leveled for next zone. I ended up only have to do green quests and the side quests right by it and typically that was enough to properly level for next zone. If you miss gear quests then a battle pet is manditory, and they are free if you find the quest or only 10 silver if you buy and raise it. You can find the Zone levels on this map: http://forums.goha.ru/__F_UploAded/1479_mapa1.png . Sorry if this inconvenienced you but it happened, and your best bet is to toughen up an grind out these quests to 52 and get back in the game with us. Good luck

Last edited:
Only posting a change like this on the forum is willful negligence.

Sorry but I would argue that not reading the rules of the server is willful negligence on the players part... Do you buy other games and not read about the unique rules they have? Would you play Monopoly without reading the rules? If you didn't read the rules, should you be upset that you didn't know you can't pass GO for your $200 if you go to jail?

I don't know why you try to complain with things like: "if you didnt play archeage before, you would be behind anyways" or "if you don't read the forum its your fault". it simply isnt...
the launcher, the main side and the ingame chat, all of them have new sections.... why do they have one, if they don't get all of the new information?
all of the ppl will think that they know everything about the server, but they dont know nothing.
i don't know how many player have left us after this disaster (beeing unable to gather your mates etc) but i can understand every one of them.
i was one of the lucky players who could lvl from 20-55 in like 10? hours. This and the fact that you still can fish, is something i can't undertsnad even when i try...

Last edited:
I don't know why you try to complain with things like: "if you didnt play archeage before, you would be behind anyways" or "if you don't read the forum its your fault". it simply isnt...
the launcher, the main side and the ingame chat, all of them have new sections.... why do they have one, if they don't get all of the new information?
all of the ppl will think that they know everything about the server, but they dont know nothing.
i don't know how many player have left us after this disaster (beeing unable to gather your mates etc) but i can understand every one of them.
i was one of the lucky players who could lvl from 20-55 in like 10? hours. This and the fact that you still can fish, is something i can't undertsnad even when i try...

"lucky players who could lvl from 20-55 in like 10" lol So anyone that leveled within the first week is now lucky? Yes labor was used but majority of leveling for most was questing and mob grinding. I spent roughly 4k labor pre-52... It was a nice boost but the real reason I was 55 within the first 24 hours of the server was because I grinded quests and mobs.

Its not about not playing archeage before... What I'm talking about is the drive of the player, tho yes, previous players can level more efficiently. The same people ahead are the same ones that were on the boards the days before launch to see what was going on. They are the ones that were asking devs questions. The are the ones that were in the public discord. They were the one putting in input as to the changes that would make the game run smoother.

Whether you like it or not, its those people that will succeed more in this game. If you hear there is an update coming for any game you play and don't go look for the patch notes yourself then you are not this type of person. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being realistic as there is always someone upset about some type of unfair advantage that they missed in every server start, and Ive been thru all of them (Ollo, Morpheus, Reckoning). In this game you have to be proactive to stay ahead both ingame and with information about it.

The truth is that this game is rough and certain types of players make it. You don't have to be a player that knows the game already (tho it helps a lot), but you DO have to be one that wont curl up and surrender to being a victim. If you arent 52 already (today is day 12 of the server) and you don't have the drive to quest to finish leveling then you would still have been behind in everything and you would be complaining about something. If you arent interested in being top geared, then this delay really doesnt hurt you, if just extends the time until you can craft/gather. Ultimately this game is a marathon. These player wishing to craft pre-52 got tripped up, now they need to pick themselves up and get to that 52 check point with what is available to them. I even gave a summary of the best route to do this quickly for those stuck in this position, as I understand their frustration but I wont baby you either. It happened, it sucks for those affected but If you cant pick yourself up and recover from this little issue (which lets be real, is simply playing the game) than this might not be the game for you. I hope it is tho and I hope we run into each other ingame.

Yes we are lucky, because we got an unfair adventage over others. he thing is, if i would have played 1 week later, i wouldnt be just this one week behind, i would be more likely one week and a half behind.

you are trying to compare worse players with better and with your "its fine that the worse players are getting an handycap because they are worse anyways" makes 0 sense

i dont talk about me. im running around with 3k gs+ and 2k gold on the bank. your standpoint just makes 0 sense, thats the thing.
if a player have 2 hours per day to play, should he waste them just to see what updates are comming? because he has too if the devs refuses to give the infos in all the ways we have.

Yes we are lucky, because we got an unfair adventage over others. he thing is, if i would have played 1 week later, i wouldnt be just this one week behind, i would be more likely one week and a half behind.

Dude, you really act like the time to level is that long. You get 5x XP and can stack 3 different XP buffs at the same time that you are given for free. Reaching 52 without labor can be done in a day still. People who reached 52+ in 10 hours, like the example you used, would have generated 4800 labor. I used about 4k labor with vocation pot pre 52 and while it was a good boost, it honestly only saved me about an hour or 2... 0-50 is like nothing with the boosts. 51 isnt bad at all with the crimson quest line or just grinding mobs with an auroria group (plus you want to find some drops anyway; ok this is the one thing that i think would be unfair as I'm not assuming you cant open auroria gear drops until 52).

Yes they are at a disadvantage but its not really that bad.

you are trying to compare worse players with better and with your "its fine that the worse players are getting an handycap because they are worse anyways" makes 0 sense

i dont talk about me. im running around with 3k gs+ and 2k gold on the bank. your standpoint just makes 0 sense, thats the thing.
if a player have 2 hours per day to play, should he waste them just to see what updates are comming? because he has too if the devs refuses to give the infos in all the ways we have.

First off, If you only have 2 hours a day to play you are either swiping for everything you need or you weren't going to accomplish much anyway and would still be playing at a similar pace. Lets be real.

The devs put the info on a single page @ https://na.archerage.to/forums/index.php?forums/updates.10/ . I think everyone should go and check it once every couple days. I check it every day when im loading the game up... It takes less than 2 mins to stay informed.

I think its a great idea to change the launcher to make news post easier to see for those who choose not the be proactive about updates but I do think its a bit overboard to act like this labor use revision really changes much.

So what do you propose? They put it back down to 20 forever? Only a limited time? Do they tier it up so this week its 30+, next week is 40+, etc? No matter what someone gets the short end of the stick. I wish they didnt lower it period so it was a quest grind to really see the top early players. What is your plan to level the playing field if its such a problem?

If you're starting late then it just means you have to put in more effort to catch up. Plenty of people are stagnating in their progress right now spending on gha or auroria armor and mirage/lost garden/soulforged weapons instead of preparing for the future. If you play smart you can still easily surpass a very large portion of the population, especially with so much land opening up in the next few days.

ArcheAge is and has always been a competitive game that favors people who start first. I would've preferred they never lowered the labor spending cap to 20 too but it's not a huge hurdle to overcome, and if you can't deal with it then you probably wouldn't have gone far to begin with.

As for the people that "just want to play the game to farm" and other types of casual players, why would you ever care about other people's progress anyway? Just spend the bare minimum time leveling and then play how you want. People leveling more quickly and outgearing you doesn't change anything if you don't try to compare yourself to others.

Back