What's new

Labor Expenditure lvl 52 changes

Well said Dimmizer! I agree with you.

But I still feel really sorry for people like Vlad who weren't lucky enough to start when we did. But you're right about the bots. This will slow them down and may even stop them.

I used to play a game (I can't remember its name) that was infested with gold sellers. So the dev's made a simple change. They made it so that you couldn't use global chat until you were level 10.

Now a lot of people yelled and screamed that it was unfair. But it worked! The gold sellers disappeared. It was just too much effort for them to have to level a character to 10, get banned, then constantly have to start all over again.

But it all boils down to how vigilant the devs are. If they're really active in banning bots, then this restriction should work *fingers crossed*.
i think you are talking about aion...

tbh it rly sux... they should have write a warning 1 day ago, so all new players arent this fked...
well i dislike this change, there are plenty of ppl (like me) who dont want to grind/quest) multiple hours. i reached max lvl here too... just with crafting and that seems to be unfair for me.

They aren't assholes. We were notified a week in advance.

I was a little disappointed too, since I'm a casual player. I live for the commerce, farming, etc. But I also understand why they feel the need to include the limitation. I stopped playing the official servers years ago because of botting.

The EXP boosts are very generous here. It did not take me long at all to hit level 52.

I was a little disappointed too, since I'm a casual player. I live for the commerce, farming, etc. But I also understand why they feel the need to include the limitation. I stopped playing the official servers years ago because of botting.

The EXP boosts are very generous here. It did not take me long at all to hit level 52.

Yes because everyone reads the forums. All of the pissed off people in game obviously don't read the forums. The devs should have posted the change in the forums, on the launcher news and there should have been in-game system notifications before the change went into effect. The devs are assholes.

Honestly we need a better launcher with a bigger news section and graphics. As far as leveling it's easy get a 55 friend if possible and have them grind in Auroria for coin purses also fishing can be done from any level and isn't restricted to the 52 cap it also costs 5 labor per cast. Other than that Quests are pretty fasts.

Honestly we need a better launcher with a bigger news section and graphics. As far as leveling it's easy get a 55 friend if possible and have them grind in Auroria for coin purses also fishing can be done from any level and isn't restricted to the 52 cap it also costs 5 labor per cast. Other than that Quests are pretty fasts.

Yupp, I just took my friend to Auroria and he took all the purses and unidentified drops, 200 -250 labor each. Easy burn and easy levels.

+1

They had a plan to cut off bots and they just did what they said they would. It is just a bit bad to have that reduction in the first place, since it split players, and the notice wasnt in the load screen, launcher, or the game for example, so many didnt know, also everyone kept silent about it in the game, so too late now anyway.
If people really wish to play theyll forget the benefits others had for a week and fight they way out of the block anyway.

This is stupid...I don't want to level to 52 with boring quests, and who the hell reades every forum post so they can find information like this? If this would have been on the launcher or something that's different story.

my question is... if you can still fish pre 52... what should the changes bring? others then the price increase by worms and lvl 52+ botters gathering, who did fish all day.

botters dont care what they do to reacht he lvls they need... but normal players do.

my question is... if you can still fish pre 52... what should the changes bring? others then the price increase by worms and lvl 52+ botters gathering, who did fish all day.

botters dont care what they do to reacht he lvls they need... but normal players do.

no comment there m8 ,but i think theyll nerf all ways of lvling soon, so use it while it lasts

its private server, rigorous measures

This is stupid...I don't want to level to 52 with boring quests, and who the hell reades every forum post so they can find information like this? If this would have been on the launcher or something that's different story.
no, it's not stupid, and you dont have to read "every forum post", what about those containing info about server and its setup ?

But u Should Visite the Forum to get ur Latest News even if ur New u Should Read older posts ... u need about 5 H to get 52 if u Farm Mobs / Fishing and u get about 3 Different EXP Pots so use them all = easy EXP For Leveling Quests and other Stuff

first off... idk if english isnt your first language but i assume it is... you seriously need to google how to use commas...

And grammar in general.

my eyes died reading that edit

Proposal: Make Labor to Exp significantly low before level 52. This allows players to still spend labor, but not use it to get their bots to 50 quickly. Bots are still leveling, I see them like crazy, and this allows players to still harvest and such while not getting huge exp benefits from it.

Proposal: Make Labor to Exp significantly low before level 52. This allows players to still spend labor, but not use it to get their bots to 50 quickly. Bots are still leveling, I see them like crazy, and this allows players to still harvest and such while not getting huge exp benefits from it.

I was thinking the same thing but wouldn't a low-level bot still be able to flood the market with goods? This solution would work for botters that are just botting to level their characters up to max.

I was thinking the same thing but wouldn't a low-level bot still be able to flood the market with goods? This solution would work for botters that are just botting to level their characters up to max.

Naah, no solution there ,at least not like that.

Simplest thing is best thing. If you want alts at high level on your same acc, use what means are given to you, autofishing, turning raw to mats, opening coinpurses+getting boosted by a friend that farms them, etc

Bots will appear if lvling experience is simple, if its a bit complicated, its lower chance.

I'm not worrying about alts or people with friends in the game. I'm trying to make the process simpler for people who genuinely just want to farm, and are tired of AA Live's bologna. I don't feel it is fair to punish the good players for the actions of the bad.

Is this possible? Some sort of "email the GM and authenticate you're a real person and not a bot" and they then allow labor to be used on individual accounts? I know it's a PITA for both player and GM, but it is a way of combatting bots and botted inflation.

I'm not really hearing good solutions currently. Just a lot of people saying "labor at 52 is a good thing" and others saying "no it's not we just want to farm."

I'm not worrying about alts or people with friends in the game. I'm trying to make the process simpler for people who genuinely just want to farm, and are tired of AA Live's bologna. I don't feel it is fair to punish the good players for the actions of the bad.

Is this possible? Some sort of "email the GM and authenticate you're a real person and not a bot" and they then allow labor to be used on individual accounts? I know it's a PITA for both player and GM, but it is a way of combatting bots and botted inflation.

I'm not really hearing good solutions currently. Just a lot of people saying "labor at 52 is a good thing" and others saying "no it's not we just want to farm."

Some sort of manual confirmation of each player, by GM, or automatic system like a weekend event for "alts" where you have to apply and do things to enable it for the weekend, and or enable it every hour again by going places, doing things,so the bots cant use it effectively could work but its alot of work for devs. A stretch.

How people didn't know this was coming is beyond me, there was a thread made by a GM on the 21st October.

If people don't want to put the effort into checking a forum, then they have no right to complain about changes made they didn't know about.

Back