What's new

Labor Expenditure lvl 52 changes

As soon as you hit lv 52 you can harvest it and it won't die right away. You should be able to hit lv 52 this weekend if you just follow the green quest and level through the zones. Always use bufffood (especially the force spellbook for higher attak) and you will be throught the zones easily, even with the quest gear. When you reach level 50 get the warrior weapon for 2 warrior medals at the crafting bench in your factions hero hall. The weapon is really good and should really boost you. Good luck

I planted the ginseng and turkey hidden in the open world, so it will be gone pretty quick on a weekend, with tons of players running around looking for illegal farms to plunder.

Guys, this change was stated to happen in a thread dated the 21st ..... The level 20 was only temp, it was always supposed to be 52.

People should really read the forum and admin posts more.

There are people who never read the forums. This change should have been posted on the launcher news for weeks before happening.

I dont really understand why people is so mad about this , it wont change the game that much and its pretty easy to hit 52...

It is very easy when you can use it all, you just dont think about it, but believe me, you will not be able to spend almost any of your labor, while running around to pick up green quests can take up to few days , just running, through entire haranya.

I found it easier to just grind mobs with the pots they gave us. Did it with 1k gs ,and pots in auroria.

Its all well untill you are fucked :)

Gloating how you are one of few hardcore players who is in the loop on everything. People like you ,who think they know everything ,were flooding archeage forums asking for chargebacks ,re-roll and their "rights" when something went wrong, you guys were the loudest.
that's the problem, i am not the one of those people

basically you could say i started playing archeage here(2 weeks on RU server before i moved here to NA), before i played fresh start 3.0 for like a month; im still learning, if i knew everything i know now when i started here i'd be set for the rest of my days on this server, but im fine with what i got, and in my opinion saying that people are "forced" to GRIND to lvl 52 on a x5-free patron-lots of starting bonuses is just dumb as fuck

Guys, this change was stated to happen in a thread dated the 21st ..... The level 20 was only temp, it was always supposed to be 52.

People should really read the forum and admin posts more.

They did warn us ,it was there all along, but its a bad move to allow it at all for some players, than deny other new players, and those who started in between.
Hope mistakes like this dont repeat , since all other content is ok so far.

that's the problem, i am not the one of those people

basically you could say i started playing archeage here(2 weeks on RU server before i moved here to NA), before i played fresh start 3.0 for like a month; im still learning, if i knew everything i know now when i started here i'd be set for the rest of my days on this server, but im fine with what i got, and in my opinion saying that people are "forced" to GRIND to lvl 52 on a x5-free patron-lots of starting bonuses is just dumb as fuck

ill put it as simple as possible, it took me roughly 3-5 hours to go through haranya area for green quests , for about 40% xp, than another 2 hours of auroria mobs grind for another 60% to finish 51>52 ,i guess i could had just bought one majestic tree ,and did it all in same time with no effort, or with afk-fishing, or with buying flowers and turning them to dried leafs, etc, there are numerous ways

but it took most people less than 2 minutes by spending labor, they are ahead so far in the game now, its redundant to describe

There are people who never read the forums. This change should have been posted on the launcher news for weeks before happening.

That's their fault, not everything needs to be tuned to the lowest common denominator.
It's not hard to check a gaming forum .. Hell it's the 1st thing i do while downloading a game. There is no excuse to not know.

That's their fault, not everything needs to be tuned to the lowest common denominator.
It's not hard to check a gaming forum .. Hell it's the 1st thing i do while downloading a game. There is no excuse to not know.

Decades of reading gaming forums full of whining, chest-thumping, white-knighting, dooms-daying, wolf-crying and all other manner of BS has forced me to stop reading a game's forum. Once the launcher news showed up, it made them obsolete.

Everyone knows that only a percentage of players read the forums. Posting this kind of change only there is not going to reach everyone.

It is very easy when you can use it all, you just dont think about it, but believe me, you will not be able to spend almost any of your labor, while running around to pick up green quests can take up to few days , just running, through entire haranya.

I found it easier to just grind mobs with the pots they gave us. Did it with 1k gs ,and pots in auroria.
Man the exp rate is x5 , its not that hard. Just try it and see. all i can say is you were unlucky to join 1 week late.

What help is reading forums now for the new players, when they missed the opportunity entirely :p

By the time they reach 55, most of us will have 4+k gear ,finished housing, and vehicles

dig that

Man the exp rate is x5 , its not that hard. Just try it and see. all i can say is you were unlucky to join 1 week late.

not only about me, you know, im already over lvl 52, people still logging on to find out ,they cant farm their own crops, the ones they spent gold on, and thats just a part of it, been said many times so far

glhf

So if it's so damn easy to level to 52, HOW IS THIS CHANGE GOING TO EFFECT BOTTING AT ALL? By now, hours since the change went into effect, all the botters have leveled their accounts to 52

@VladtheImpaler This change has really screwed you (and all others like you who didn't start on day one). Sadly, I think the ArcheRage team has made a big mistake here. They should have left the level 20 labor restriction in place for everybody, or never changed it at all.

Now, I understand why they did it, they wanted to get the economy rolling as soon as possible. But folks like me, who started on day one, have been given a big advantage. It's really not fair to anyone who started later.

But please don't quit over this. I know you're angry and upset at the moment (I would be too). But don't give up on the game just yet. It really is the best MMO in the world. There's no other game like it.

I hope you stick around.

@VladtheImpaler This change has really screwed you (and all others like you who didn't start on day one). Sadly, I think the ArcheRage team has made a big mistake here. They should have left the level 20 labor restriction in place for everybody, or never changed it at all.

Now, I understand why they did it, they wanted to get the economy rolling as soon as possible. But folks like me, who started on day one, have been given a big advantage. It's really not fair to anyone who started later.

But please don't quit over this. I know you're angry and upset at the moment (I would be too). But don't give up on the game just yet. It really is the best MMO in the world. There's no other game like it.

I hope you stick around.

I already uninstalled. I'm downloading a Black Desert non p2w private server right now! If the devs change it back to 20, I might consider coming back.

So if it's so damn easy to level to 52, HOW IS THIS CHANGE GOING TO EFFECT BOTTING AT ALL? By now, hours since the change went into effect, all the botters have leveled their accounts to 52

You're missing the point.. These botters and such get to lvl 52 and then get caught and banned and then they have to level all the way to 52 AGAIN. While this is happening it allows Administration and the devs n such look at statistics n such and gather more information on the botters and how to stop them even more effectively. It gives the devs time because the botters have to re level again to 52 meaning they have to run quests n such etc...

The whole thing is to slow down the process of the botters and help stabilize the economy. It's not gonna stop them completely no but it helps and that the whole point is to slow them down and give Administration breathing room n such.

You on the other hand it shouldn't make a difference you get to 52 and then you can burn labor all the way to 55 and it's super easy. It really doesn't take THAT long to grind yourself which is perfectly fine because you're not a botter so there shouldn't be any problems. You hit 52/55 and you're good to go.

Trust me I'm kinda daunting when they release 3.0 cause then I'm gonna be leveling a Dwarf which means I'm ACTUALLY gonna have to grind n such which sucks cause I personally hate leveling with a passion even if it's just a lil bit but if it helps keep the server stable and more clear of gold spammers and botters etc.. I'm all for it. If you go look at some of the past threads on this forum from the 1st week of launch you'll see that the ArcheRage team has been NOTHING short of AMAZING.

They listen to their player base and give us what we ask for.. and when the server has crashed a few times or they have had problems it was fixed in like MINUTES not HOURS or DAYS like TRION would do.

to end my post all I'm gonna say is "inflation is bad mmmkay"

Can relate. As a new player that started 2 days ago after passing previous 20 level mark, i only did gathering in order to carft my end game gear and today after the update i had to level up from 50 to 52 with 10 level gear you can imagine how difficult it was for me as a sole player...

You're missing the point.. These botters and such get to lvl 52 and then get caught and banned and then they have to level all the way to 52 AGAIN. While this is happening it allows Administration and the devs n such look at statistics n such and gather more information on the botters and how to stop them even more effectively. It gives the devs time because the botters have to re level again to 52 meaning they have to run quests n such etc...

The whole thing is to slow down the process of the botters and help stabilize the economy. It's not gonna stop them completely no but it helps and that the whole point is to slow them down and give Administration breathing room n such.

You on the other hand it shouldn't make a difference you get to 52 and then you can burn labor all the way to 55 and it's super easy. It really doesn't take THAT long to grind yourself which is perfectly fine because you're not a botter so there shouldn't be any problems. You hit 52/55 and you're good to go.

Trust me I'm kinda daunting when they release 3.0 cause then I'm gonna be leveling a Dwarf which means I'm ACTUALLY gonna have to grind n such which sucks cause I personally hate leveling with a passion even if it's just a lil bit but if it helps keep the server stable and more clear of gold spammers and botters etc.. I'm all for it. If you go look at some of the past threads on this forum from the 1st week of launch you'll see that the ArcheRage team has been NOTHING short of AMAZING.

They listen to their player base and give us what we ask for.. and when the server has crashed a few times or they have had problems it was fixed in like MINUTES not HOURS or DAYS like TRION would do.

to end my post all I'm gonna say is "inflation is bad mmmkay"

Well said Dimmizer! I agree with you.

But I still feel really sorry for people like Vlad who weren't lucky enough to start when we did. But you're right about the bots. This will slow them down and may even stop them.

I used to play a game (I can't remember its name) that was infested with gold sellers. So the dev's made a simple change. They made it so that you couldn't use global chat until you were level 10.

Now a lot of people yelled and screamed that it was unfair. But it worked! The gold sellers disappeared. It was just too much effort for them to have to level a character to 10, get banned, then constantly have to start all over again.

But it all boils down to how vigilant the devs are. If they're really active in banning bots, then this restriction should work *fingers crossed*.

Can relate. As a new player that started 2 days ago after passing previous 20 level mark, i only did gathering in order to carft my end game gear and today after the update i had to level up from 50 to 52 with 10 level gear you can imagine how difficult it was for me as a sole player...

Without being horrible, how are you that far behind in gear, You get the level 10 stuff on the 1st map, The 20 on the 2nd and the 3rd on the 3rd.

The 3d gear is enough for oyu to grind to 60 with no issue from 20-50 mobs ...... Unless you rolled a Darkrunner .. In that case, we have enough. Please reroll.

Back