What's new

Remove housing peace zones?

Removing housing peace zones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You also have to consider that in warzone housing zones, you can do aged packs that are worth more than the safe zone ones.
Killing AzaleaFarmerBob , BarleyJoe and pvpers in this zones would help to push these warzones in peace more often.
Who would profit in this case ?

There is also almost half of the map that is already in perpetual peace.

Should we talk about how BarleyJoe's hauler was broken at GR, because a player exploited housing zone system to break it without risking anything ?

You also have to consider that in warzone housing zones, you can do aged packs that are worth more than the safe zone ones.
Killing AzaleaFarmerBob , BarleyJoe and pvpers in this zones would help to push these warzones in peace more often.
Who would profit in this case ?
The bored P2W player who landhacked all the land in the zone and is playing on 10 alts to make as many packs as possible, who else?

Why would a P2W player landhack and have 10 alts on top of this. You don't make any sense.

I'm pretty sure many people would like to see warzones in peace more often, like it used to happen during the golden age.

Why would a P2W player landhack and have 10 alts on top of this. You don't make any sense

Why not? The player mentality is the same, they're usually the exact same people. You know, the ones sitting in the gold selling Discord chats and such. They don't care about the game or anything beyond themselves.

Regarding griefing.. I'd like to address this with a story from the old lands:

On Kyrios there was a boy named Spoky, he was a sadboy and a lonely boy without a large guild to help him. Spoky the Sadboy owned a quaint cottage in the land of Sanddeep. All around this cottage were the vast farms of a the cruel land baron of the area, Kraekrae the Fat of clan Gankbus. Baron Kraekrae despised the boy Spoky and would often hunt him through the usually peaceful township. Over the years it became a common sight to see an army surrounding the little cottage with ironclades. However, Spoky the Sadboy never gave up! He trained in speed and maneuvering until not even the fastest of the gankbus gang could catch him. He ran along rooftops and used the landscape to his advantage stopping only to practice his artistry, singing songs of insult to his hunters. As time passed the gankbus villains became weary and soon not a single soldier would answer the call of baron Kraekrae the Fat. The cottage of Spoky the Sadboy stood for many years.
-
he was in the worst possible grief scenario; one guy against a hardcore guild and he still made it fun.
When i look back on things I'm envious of getting griefed. I wish my gameplay had been that exciting.

Last edited:
Yo they used to shell my house whenever I afked. How was I supposed to breed my bears under those conditions??

REMOVE PEACE

I'm all for a timer system. Like 3 hours conflict 1 hour war. There would be 6 war cycles a day then

I like this but not. I think this would massively damage the economy and the playerbase. Archeage isn't a raw PvP game, no matter how much you wish it were, I think there is a better alternative here.
Prehaps instead of enabling interfaction griefing (come on now, I know some of you top 5 guilds will get butthurt and then nui lock some poor carebear) a better option would be to either make;

1) Make Pirates Attackable in Housing Provinces (In conflict zones) and make Pirates be able to attack in Housing Zones.
This gives an extra benefit for pirates: You're going on mainland, risking a lengthy jail sentence which take you out of any fight you're in, for increased abilities to steal, murder and plunder.

or

2) Make all Reds Attackable in Housing Provinces and make all Reds be able to attack in Housing Zones.
This helps promote more faction co-operation, as if Nuians come over and raid Haranya farms, possibly hurting the Haranya economy (not everything goes to AH, a lot goes to guild crafting stuff, or self crafting), the Haranya may band together to defend those farmers, and then attack Nuian Farmers.

I do think that blatantly making housing provinces full conflict zones will harm the economy more than benefit the few players who want to kill a poor carebear/farmer. And this is from someone who doesn't object to purpling. I think it is akin to killing someone while questing, except it's easier to manage and balance.

I'm all for a timer system. Like 3 hours conflict 1 hour war. There would be 6 war cycles a day then

There was issue on live when lack of pvp would get regions stuck at conflict for days or even a week, i will ask admins if the system can be improved.

As much as I wanna say yes, I'm split on this. There's already a lot of pvp changes that are being put forward, and I would hate to ignore those who don't care for pvp. If this would actually promote healthy pvp instead of a gank fest of geared people killing undergeared people then fine, but I'm not sure that's the case.

As much as I wanna say yes, I'm split on this. There's already a lot of pvp changes that are being put forward, and I would hate to ignore those who don't care for pvp. If this would actually promote healthy pvp instead of a gank fest of geared people killing undergeared people then fine, but I'm not sure that's the case.
I do not think this change will be introduced, since way back when it was made on live, players were strongly supporting safe housing, and if more players were on forums they would probably make the voting poll far more into the make no changes side.
It is ultimately dev decision, and they tend to surprise.

Right now we have hands full with Hasla, improving Diamond Shores War, Sea PvP and reviewing 5v5 pvp arenas.
More and more changes will come in time regarding quality pvp.

Hopefully we will not have to make changes to PvP stages of Regions, but if they indeed get stuck in conflict for too long, with players killing alts to move it in to war, effort might be made to do cycles similar to DS/Halcyona.

i like the ideas! the timer system seems like an easy compromise and the comment from arkenervs about pirates is very interesting and could be cool.

No thank you. I own a lot of land I bought fairly or obtained at a demo myself. I continue to buy farms and shift my buildings around and the state of the Zones affect what I'm gonna do. I don't need to be trying to swap out a cottage for a farm and get killed and lose my space from some green butthurt purpler. You'd be screwing over the people bringing new gold into the game as a lot of dirty players would wait and watch someone load up a freighter w packs, then blast him and steal his stuff. Making him/her ragequit. Which means less people for you to hunt in zones, which means less pvp, which means nobody is making gear, leading to over priced goods, leading to more quitting. I'm down with this being an option as someone stated for dominions, but the player base as a whole shouldn't be affected, that's ridiculous. I do safe land trades for a reason. It's a change from pvp and I can safely make money. I just don't understand the player base some.... most times. Am I in the older person age bracket where I was taught consequences and repercussions? I don't wanna have to worry about Joe Blow boondoggling at his farm and waiting for me to be stung by my bees, which happened to me today in Diamond Shores. That's right, I said boondoggle. Look it up.

100% change it back. AA used to be fun everywhere, now it's only fun during boring ass pve content which is the only time you find someone off their land and can pvp.

This is a terrible idea, Pirates literally would have 0 way to make money now, as fishing is pointless (so no one to pirate or us to farm on)
we'd get sent to jail anytime we went anywhere. The only way pirates make money atm is mainland farming in our little areas that we wont get sent to jail

So you want to grief carebear farmers hmm? Yeah that sounds like proper PvP!

Ok, but I have a proposal. As most carebears couldn't care less about their gearscore (and if they're anything like me, all they wear is Dawnsdrop) then they haven't got a chance of fighting back or defending themselves.

So how about this for a touch of fairness, if you attack somebody and they don't fight back, but you kill them anyway, then you get a really nasty penalty (something that costs a lot of gold to remove).

I believe Black Desert uses a system like this and I really like the idea. If somebody refuses to fight, then they're clearly stating that they're not interested in PvP. But if you want to kill them anyway, just because you can, then I'd like there to be some kind of sting in the tail.

It's not much, but it gives us a tiny carebear revenge :p.

2/3 of the harani/nuian maps are perpertual safezones, move there, or accept the risk to get killed. Daily reminder AA is a PVP game with some PVE mechanics.

So how about this for a touch of fairness, if you attack somebody and they don't fight back, but you kill them anyway, then you get a really nasty penalty (something that costs a lot of gold to remove).

You don't understand these people, they would literally pay real life money to get gold to kill you. Just like they're currently doing for gear etc.

Back