What's new

Suggestion to fix the land problem that drives away so many new players

@Ryuzaki is there a way that the housing zones can be adjusted to allow more room? I know this doesn't solve the issue of landgrabbers/landbarons, gives players at least a chance to get land.
I craft along with farming mats for what I craft on my lands. I find myself struggling with taxes if I don't allocate days for crafting certs. (Seriously the labor stipend is the best thing I'll ever invest in on this server.)

Yep and 15 people were there to grap it. I know this, cause i was there also... Your answer is bullshit. So you got 4 Big buildings/Farms. This is a no go!

It should be like: 2 Houses/Farms and 1 Workstation of any kind for each account...

and Which "credits problem"? Oo

You were not there, unless you are in my guild. And if you are in my guild and really think there is a land shortage, I will give you a plot. There is no land shortage.

Since donations are down, this creates a major credit problem. 1000 credits are almost 1300 gold. How can a new player see that and not feel discouraged and go back to Trion, where they can swipe for credits with no hassle?
I can't even donate in my area, sadly. Players need credit bought items to progress in this game.

The problem is tax certs are inexpensive with the additional labor generation, allowing people to own too many buildings at once. An easy solution is to ramp up the penalty for owning multiple pieces of land, until it's literally impossible to own more than a few pieces.

Couple that with cracking down on known landhackers who use macros to place land, and the problem is alleviated somewhat.

A lot of the land grabbers turn around and sell the land for profit and raising the taxes is just going to hurt anyone who currently owns land. Maybe a limit can be placed on how much land is sold in a month or if they already had obtained "x" amount of land don't allow that account gain any additional properties.

If players are following the rules and paying all the taxes, there is no sense to take their land from them. If player is keeping land and paying taxes, that means he's most likely going to return back to game.
Also, we can't be sure in the reasons, person is not playing daily. There are some cases, when player is leaving for holidays or vacation, or just moving to another place and that is limiting his game play for some time. Nobody will be happy to loose his lands due to it.

There are tons of self admitted players that do not play anymore but there is no reason to NOT log in once every two weeks to keep it up just in case they do decide to return. If you think that is healthy for your servers active and new population then you do you.

A lot of the land grabbers turn around and sell the land for profit and raising the taxes is just going to hurt anyone who currently owns land. Maybe a limit can be placed on how much land is sold in a month or if they already had obtained "x" amount of land don't allow that account gain any additional properties.

It would only hurt those who own an obscene amount of land. If you have a reasonable amount of land, the penalty stacking will mean a slight increase in taxes. If you own 15+ plots, it would mean you have enough time to pick which ones are most important to you before the tax penalty bankrupts you.

So you don't have one.

Thanks for knowing exactly what I'm thinking. You're saving me a bunch of time and not coming off like an idiot at all. My choices are MY choices, and your interest in them means exactly fuck-all to me.

While we're at it, can we please add negative interest on obscene amounts of gold?

Someone having gold does not hinder my ability to progress and also make gold. Someone owning all the land directly hinders my ability to progress and also make gold. If you can't comprehend the difference between the two, please don't bother responding. In fact, whether you do or don't, please don't respond. You're not intelligent enough to warrant this much of my time.

I grab last night another 24x24 with nobody there to contest and it was there two 16x16 free spots that i dont want it, i bet they are still there when i log in.

I wonder if the people that are complaining in this thread even bother trying to look for open land or were they just trying to look for the few "prime" spots and then continue complaining in the forum. I literally just walked past an open 16x16 spot in North Two Crown not even 5 minutes ago.

It is definitely not a "prime" spot, but it is still a decent spot on the west continent. So, I really wonder if it is just people not looking hard enough...

Edit: WTS 16x16 TC Cottage certed, pm me

Edit 2: @Sparkle - is it possible for admin to generate statistics like how many properties are demo-ed (due to not paying tax) per day or even how many players were around the area during the demo (for landgrab). It will be interesting to see if there is indeed a major problem with landbarons holding up all the lands.

I wonder if the people that are complaining in this thread even bother trying to look for open land or were they just trying to look for the few "prime" spots and then continue complaining in the forum.

I'm sure some people do that but I'm sure there are also people who have enough land but still see the vacant properties all around them. I own a 24 that has two other 24's surrounding it. I've had it for a bit over a month and those lands have never had anything planted on them. I mean, if changes are not made it doesn't affect me so I don't care too much but it's still kinda crap to see something that someone could be using and benefiting from just go to waste.

3.0 will bring a lot more land to the server. This will open up a lot of land everywhere as well as people drop some properties to pick some up in the maps we get in 3.0

3.0 will bring a lot more land to the server. This will open up a lot of land everywhere as well as people drop some properties to pick some up in the maps we get in 3.0
I disagree. While more land will open, the amount of labor is still insane so someone can pay taxes easily on a ton of properties. I know people who quit but login once a month to prepay taxes on land. After the land rush is over in 3.0 we'll be back to this topic again.

As a "relative" new player I must say I had problems finding 16x16 spots too, but went through a lot of housing areas and saved on a txt all the demo times and places.

Today, I own 2 16x16 Scarecrow, 1 16x16 House and another 1 16x16 House not built (just for sale purposes). My last adquisition was this morning (7.:40 GMT+1) before going to work, getting 1 16x16 on Marianople (husbandry purposes, nice place to own land cause every day doing Gilda daylies and also Hero calling teleports me there) and 8 minutes later another 16x16 on Gweonid (going to do larders to halcyona with my 8+1 slot FF)

Yes, land can be a problem if you only go around looking for free spots. Go look at buildings (press F button) and see if they are going demo. It will take some time but you will eventually find a place to start your business (you can also buy the 16x16 spot I want to sell on Golden Ruins lol)

Edit: 07/02/2018, got a 16x16 spot on Halcyona, at 00:37 GMT +1, so now can do Aged packs trades on both ways :D

Last edited:
Land is still available all the time for people that want to put effort into getting it. Doesn't need changed.
Irrelevant.

The point is players that quit shouldnt be able to keep land. Players quit on live they lose their land because they dont have subs.

Many have left the game so a lot of spots opened and are opening, had land all around my place being demolished, sometimes newbies there to take it sometimes it just stays empty.
Still kind of sucks they dont make it better than live, its even worse in some cases ,here they indeed can pay tax indefinitelly, and never play, since jk no patron.

Back