What's new

Suggestions

Lets be honest here Archeage doesn't have a perfect system, buts its one we have known to love and hate at the same time. There is one thing that I believe is lacking from this game that could make it an even greater one. I'm talking about a system that has been around in MMO's which make them unique, lets talk about Wagered Duel's or even crazier Dropping items upon death.

A reason why I believe this system should go in place is due to the amount of players who bad mouth one another since they don't have an outlet for a fair fight. I'd like to see a system put in place where players would be able to entered the balanced arena or sparring arena with actual risk. The system would reward the user who won the best of three fight with the wager and their items(whether gold or items). This should be possible by changing the format of how the Arena Tab works, and having a system that stores items and disperses them. Yes I understand this would be incredibly tough to add and make into a flawless system but I feel like it would make this game feel more hardcore in many senses.

The other request could be that you would have an event which plays would take part in similar to any in-game events. Yet this event will offer items that every player would want, Bound/Unbound Armor and Weapon Anchoring charms at Celestial or Divine tier x2 or higher . These are highly sought after by all players to keep their gear from breaking. Yet these will only be obtainable from an ingame event where you have to risk more than just your life, your wealth. If you die in this event your body should become lootable and you'll drop something such as gear or gold. It should be risky to both high gear-score players and low gear score players. You could also make it so players had to kill one another to receive the anchoring charms and the individual with the most kills gets them in the mail.

I wouldn't want to see something like this take months to implement but it would add another aspect to the game, risking your hard work for a chance at something even greater.

Yes there are a tons of flaws with the second suggestion but I feel like if it had enough fine tuning that players would risk their hard earned gear for a chance to get more. Also giving lower tiered players a chance to gang up on someone who they would flee from to steal a piece of their armor, and use it or sell it to them. I think it would be interesting and add more to the gameplay we have

I feel like it would make this game feel more hardcore in many senses.

The other request could be that you would have an event which plays would take part in similar to any in-game events. Yet this event will offer items that every player would want, Bound/Unbound Armor and Weapon Anchoring charms at Celestial or Divine tier x2 or higher . These are highly sought after by all players to keep their gear from breaking. Yet these will only be obtainable from an ingame event where you have to risk more than just your life, your wealth. If you die in this event your body should become lootable and you'll drop something such as gear or gold. It should be risky to both high gear-score players and low gear score players. You could also make it so players had to kill one another to receive the anchoring charms and the individual with the most kills gets them in the mail.

I wouldn't want to see something like this take months to implement but it would add another aspect to the game, risking your hard work for a chance at something even greater.

Yes there are a tons of flaws with the second suggestion but I feel like if it had enough fine tuning that players would risk their hard earned gear for a chance to get more. Also giving lower tiered players a chance to gang up on someone who they would flee from to steal a piece of their armor, and use it or sell it to them. I think it would be interesting and add more to the gameplay we have

I feel I can safely say literally no one has come to this server (or this game, for that matter) and thought "You know what I need? Permanence."

Because let's be honest. These idea would benefit few and permanently harm most. People wouldn't bet, and those that did and lost would just be toxic about why they lost just like the people that beat them would be toxic about how and what they won. It would poison the community further. And sure, in an ideal situation a low-GS character could happen across the body of a high-GS character and loot him, but in an ideal situation we all would've won the Mega Millions with a random ticket we found in the gutter. Lower tiered players ganging up on a high geared player would happen successfully in a significantly lower amount than high geared players roaming around like a zerg to make sure someone ends up naked and having to start over.

Golden Puffer Fish ! can you please put these in so we can get the albatross longliner ? I really really like that boat and it is the only way to get it !

Thank you :)

Is it all possible to allow the Marianople Violin and Wyrwind Viola to be used for songcraft skills? Or at least let them be image-itemed over existing lutes? I don't know if animation changes are even possible in the AR developer's toolkit, but from what I understand of game animations, the legs and body of characters are animated separately (which allows for things like spellcasting and archery animations while running and swimming, ect) so in theory if the top half of the songcraft animations were replaced by the violin animations, the skills would animate just fine with them.

Might be more work than it's worth, of course. I don't know how difficult or viable it is to allow for such a thing, but it was something I wanted to see in the retail game which - obviously - never got added because the developers put all their effort into trying to lever money out of people instead of improving the game.

If doing this isn't too much work, I'd still love to see it.

Suggestion: This suggestion might be a long stretch, however, I think it would really help the server and help make more players want to try out this server specifically.

This actually has to do with adding a use to ArcheAge's dead content. (Dungeons)

I feel like what can help this game out a lot and this server stand out is actually adding incentive to do things other than farm gold, by adding grades of gear that someone would actually want to use, drop in the world. Adding this type of stuff is actually great for the game as someone can actually get something that shows how much they played or worked for. (Things like the dream ring/ayanad earring questlines are great examples of this)

What I mean by this is adding rare drops in Serpentis, Mistsong etc. for the sets of gear that already drop in there to actually drop higher grades of gear at multiple % chances. Doing this would make farming dungeons and partying together an extremely popular thing to do.

Ex. Camilla, Lerma, Fangbow, Siroth, Dochul, Sojung, Aria
These are all Serpentis and Mistsong bosses, add a chance for these bosses to drop a piece of Divine dungeon gear (10%) and maybe a 1-3% chance to drop an Epic piece. One piece per run/boss kill out of all the sets.

There are multiple pieces of gear that drop from Serpentis and normal mode Mistsong that casual players can run over and over again. And make the chances rare enough scattered across all the sets of gear that it actually takes time to obtain a full set. This way players can get divine sets and maybe even a few epic pieces of gear from running these a lot.

This should be a simple thing to do and don't see how it can affect the server if you just make the high graded items that drop untradable and un-regradable.

Just tossing ideas out that come to me on the spot, cheers! :D

Might be a possibility to have it drop at celestial / potentially divine. But not epic.
Depends on administrations opinion on it

Might be a possibility to have it drop at celestial / potentially divine. But not epic.
Depends on administrations opinion on it

Yeah, its always kind of a bummer to see the low gear content kind of useless in everyday situations, most games you'd want to cap daily runs on dungeons, I don't even see an issue with Epic piece in Serp at %1 chance. There is 9 others to roll against and 4 differents sets to roll.

Think adding gear to the game like this would really be neat. We need more long-term reward items like Dream Ring and Ayanad Earring. Gives people something to do on the downtime, or even when they're broke xD

(Tbh I liked how the Official RU server did Undergarments and Costumes with the low level dungeon dust bags, gold, honor, and guild prestige)

Dungeons already provide synthium shards for levelling them. But only on boss mobs for the most part. Though they're regularly in boxes which made farming them lose purpose

Dungeons already provide synthium shards for levelling them. But only on boss mobs for the most part. Though they're regularly in boxes which made farming them lose purpose

Yeah for sure, I mean other versions run on a completely different system but appreciate the discussion. Enjoy reading all the recommendations. This server is just getting better and better.

Cheers, Sjin

I have a small suggestion, not sure if this has been brought up before but I would like to see partial sales in the AH. The reason is that the new players starting out don't have a lot of gold on hand and when we need to purchase a few items from the AH we end end having to spending more gold to buy the bulk items players have listed which makes it harder on us.

the ah has plenty of library gear on it already.
Server already has doubled drops. No further increase is needed

Suggestion: This suggestion might be a long stretch, however, I think it would really help the server and help make more players want to try out this server specifically.

This actually has to do with adding a use to ArcheAge's dead content. (Dungeons)

I feel like what can help this game out a lot and this server stand out is actually adding incentive to do things other than farm gold, by adding grades of gear that someone would actually want to use, drop in the world. Adding this type of stuff is actually great for the game as someone can actually get something that shows how much they played or worked for. (Things like the dream ring/ayanad earring questlines are great examples of this)

What I mean by this is adding rare drops in Serpentis, Mistsong etc. for the sets of gear that already drop in there to actually drop higher grades of gear at multiple % chances. Doing this would make farming dungeons and partying together an extremely popular thing to do.

Ex. Camilla, Lerma, Fangbow, Siroth, Dochul, Sojung, Aria
These are all Serpentis and Mistsong bosses, add a chance for these bosses to drop a piece of Divine dungeon gear (10%) and maybe a 1-3% chance to drop an Epic piece. One piece per run/boss kill out of all the sets.

There are multiple pieces of gear that drop from Serpentis and normal mode Mistsong that casual players can run over and over again. And make the chances rare enough scattered across all the sets of gear that it actually takes time to obtain a full set. This way players can get divine sets and maybe even a few epic pieces of gear from running these a lot.

This should be a simple thing to do and don't see how it can affect the server if you just make the high graded items that drop untradable and un-regradable.

Just tossing ideas out that come to me on the spot, cheers! :D

+1 to this

Make the arena 1 kill quest [Blood, Sweat and Training] be obtained automatically when you enter the arena. It's not a big deal but having to teleport to Marianople to get the quest, when you can queue for arena from anywhere, is a bit awkward.

Have you got any future plans on helping plate wearers so it's more viable in open world pvp? And are we likely to see some new things rotated in the shop for merit badges? :) Ty in adv

SUGGESTION:

With the level 52 gathering/crafting would it be possible to make it so when you have a level 55 on the server your alts on the same account (SINCE THEY SHARE LABOR) Be able to gather/craft? cuz it would fill in the gaps for alts....

Change MM scoring system:

I haven't been to MM in a while, but based on experiences in the past months, the scoring system is a bit flawed in such a way that capturing bases early becomes detrimental to the final score. Rather than attempt to cap bases to get more points, the goal is now holding back on capping to have the buff for pvp, then capping at the last 2 mins to get the over all points.
There has been issues with using alts on a different faction to cap so that your main will win the war.

If there is a way to modify the scoring system wherein capping actually assures victory in the long run instead of waiting for the last 2 mins, MM may become more engaging rather than finishing the quest, capping 1 base, and porting out to wait for the last 2-3 mins to submit the quest.

Can people who enter in arena and stay afk receive some punishment?i dont talk for 1 time afk but i see the same players stay afk isn't fun play 3 vs 3 and get 1 or 2 afk in your or enemy team

No. Character levels are not linked and cannot be account linked to the labor lock.

Well, I didn't say anything about labor, like leave labor as it is, so if i use 100 labor on Snownova, id have 4,900 on my alts, thats 100% fine. What I mean is, if I can use labor on my main to mine trees, and gather, why not my alts? What if i want to level a Sorcerer, why do i have to level like a new player if i can just farm for myself and level the sorcerer? You know? and code wise, it would be really simple, heres a little bit i wrote.

each account would have the character name in it, and each sql should also have the EXP/Levels / ETC in the dbo, so in an SQL job, couldn't you manually add a new SQL Job thats like:

Code:
SELECT column_name(s)
FROM table_name
WHERE column_3 = value_55;
  AND column_1 = Account_Name;

set.account_name = true;

where true = Able_gather1;
   and Account = Able_gather1;

-----------

Able_gather1 (SqlJob)

-----

* > NOTE1

-----

REM: (True for only Account name X)

*Note1:

(Now for the code for this, im not 100% sure what you used to make gathering at 52, but basically routing the code to say that the Level for the TRUE account would = level 1 for all remaining account shared characters, as long as there is a 55 on the account.)

and to show alt characters on an account they would have to share the same account so the table should be built with all that included like

LIyPSQY.jpg

in this case, Admin account ---> Character Addy would then be able to gather, since the SQL job would note that Admin has a 55 character on it, so its true for all characters.

Im a bit rusty in my SQL coding, so forgive me ^_^
@Sjinderson

also, if it doesnt work out you can ALWAYS remove the sql job, and then its back to normal. basically create the protocol and see what happens, since you can already use labor for your main, why not level alts with gathering? I see nothing wrong with that, hence shared labor? Idk.

Last edited:
Back