What's new

Suggestions

An idea to make less popular trade routes desirable.

If a pack has been sitting at 130% with no packs delivered for 24 hours, it gains a boost that rapidly decreases with each pack delivered. (For example, it goes from 130% to 250% after 24 hours, and that bonus decreases by 30% with each pack delivered until it reaches 130% again).

I got a lot of suggestions to make, but I'll restrain myself about class/combat/economy changes because theorically they were balanced in the 4.5 patches so it's a bit of harsh to do it right now, unless you from the staff and devs think that you should tackle the issue in a near opportunity (after 3.0b is launched, of course).

Outside of class balancing, I have a few suggestions. Mostly are related to cosmetics and quality of life improvements.
  • Make Empty Easel be crafted from 2 Blank Canvas (drops off Big Belly Fishes, in a chunk) instead of 2 Blank Standup Canvas (60 credits each in cash shop, only way to get them). They are items for Dream Shards artistry paintings; house decorations.
  • Make Brainstorm/Hummingbird/Splendid Costume/Pagemaster's/Archeologist's Storage Chests cost 1 Spacious Storage Chest or 2 Superior Storage Chests. Right now all of those are not worth to craft and are more expensive than the other limitless chests from cash shop. There is no point in crafting them. It would be nice if you could put Instruments on the Hummingbird Chests, and Image Items at Splendid Costume, as well.
  • Make the Extraction Alembic work for all items with Image Items, nost just costumes. From what I know, the problem is that the current "Image Items" aren't really Image Items, since they retain some stuff from the base gear. So my suggestion is to actually make image items worthless, giving zero gearscore and no stats/buffs/lunafrosts/gems/etc. One of the few ways I thought about this is treating them as the same state as broken items (the stats are ignored while the items have zero durability), except that they CAN'T be repaired. So they will never give stats, only apperance.
  • Put old Costumes/Mounts/Pets/House Decors/etc on the Login Badge rewards NPC in Mirage. This way people that actually play the game will be able to get stuff that will probably take months or more to get back to the boutique, plus one more use for them besides Serendipity Stones and Speedboat Designs.
  • A way to refund stuff you bought from the cash shop by mistake and wants to sell it back, like the buy back tab in merchants. There are items that you purchase without knowing the exact effects and the credit is wasted afterwards. I've been told before that staff won't take action for player mistakes like that, but in my opinion I think we could.
That's all my suggestions that I could think of. Yes, as I said, most are related to cosmetics.

Thanks for everything.

- Empty Easel are meant to be unique items. Due to it their craft can't be changed.
- Brainstorm/Hummingbird/Splendid Costume/Pagemaster's/Archeologist's Storage Chests are collectibles, due to it meant to be that expensive.
- "Make the Extraction Alembic work for all items with Image Items, not just costumes". - It can be very complicated due to already existed mechanics but we are looking into it, to see if possible to be done. Will get back later on this one.
- "Put old Costumes/Mounts/Pets/House Decors/etc on the Login Badge rewards NPC in Mirage" - similar change was done in Loyalty shop recently.
- "A way to refund stuff you bought from the cash shop by mistake and wants to sell it back, like the buy back tab in merchants" - we are working on it, but if such refund tab is added, it will only be available in case you still have item in your marketplace mail. As soon as it's moved to bag, will no longer be possible.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but could the global cooldown on planting stuff be reduced or removed all together? As an avid farmer, I feel like the cooldown unnecessarily slows me down a little bit more than I appreciate.

Global cooldown is a part of the game play and its feature. It can't be reduced or removed.

I know my idea was not new content, but it is a great event nonetheless. So for some new content, how about an event to earn warriors medals? maybe as a reward for completing arenas (encourage more people to do them) or add a wartime event. If you participate in X number of pvp kills during a war period you get X number of warriors medals when it goes back to peace. This could be limited to specific zone like DS to limit how frequently you can do it and also focus where people would engage in pvp for the medals.

We are working on new Daily Quest that will give players opportunity to obtain extra Warrior's Medals. All the details will be posted in updates, when it's completed.

@CarebearAn @Wyatt it's a reply to your question as well.

Last edited:
Global cooldown is a part of the game play and its feature. It can't be reduced or removed.
To add further to this global cooldown is in place to give user and server time to talk to one another so it is engraved into the base core of the code and impossible to change sorry.

What about a instant 55 PvP server with basic 55 pvp gear for the class set up you want? And everyone gets a free clipper but everything else is like.... still to be worked for hahaha

Any possibility for a larger arena with more players on each team, a big map would be awesome :D

Maybe @Epic. but would people play it.
Problem is it needs a good enough reward. The 8 man free for all arena has the best reward arguably because the quest reward is used in stat migration. a very cheaper way for stat migration.
Depends how much of a demand there is for it

Maybe @Epic. but would people play it.
Problem is it needs a good enough reward. The 8 man free for all arena has the best reward arguably because the quest reward is used in stat migration. a very cheaper way for stat migration.
Depends how much of a demand there is for it

I mean, I can see how you can argue that as not many people Queue for free for all. However, it is known that when it pops most of the time its some of the highest geared players on the server. That being said, people don't queue it as often because they know they will get 1 shot/slaughtered by 7 different people.

I think having a large map with 10 - 15 players on each side would be awesome. I feel like the problem with the arenas is that they're so cluttered. A large map with obstacles to "line of site" each other and plenty of map to move around would be great for the game and more people might queue. (Similar to Random Battlegrounds in World of Warcraft)

I don't think you guys should discard features that are possible based on activity/population of the server as the more unique features this server has the more attention it brings to itself and retail players.

I really love this thread and seeing all the amazing suggestion being thrown into the air.

Cheers,

You've misunderstood my argument about ffa.
Also the point that by playing ffa you're gonna get one shot only applies to currently. If people regularly qued there would be much better chances and consistentcy.
But people don't que for it because they either don't know about the stat migration or are not interested in it and the mentality of only the top players enter it.
And that concept for an arena already exists as a 5v5. But people don't play that.
We are open to the idea of creating a large arena area, but right now we can't see a desire for it.

That's exactly what I mean though, any feature that you guys can add to the server is honestly hard to be a bad one, no matter what the demand for it is at this current moment. People that have been playing this game since launch have had barely any new content to do what so ever over the years (minuscule content patches compared to the majority of MMOs), so adding anything that is significantly different from the retail version is only a plus to encourage more players to come to this server. (Battlegrounds, Any PvE content, Quests, Dailies, World Boss HP/Strength Increase, More content like Corner reading room but actually hard)

What the game is really missing is anything actually challenging, that the player can strive to complete, the reason current ArcheAge(retail) is so boring is that there is nothing to do other than go for Gold. Gold is the only relevant thing in the game.

Suggestion: Auto-sort should actually auto-sort.

Make chests auto-sort properly like with the warehouse instead of applying some sort of weird temporary overlay.

Relic armor that levels with certain items, and weapons and have a custom scripted quest line that gives the relic pieces. Have players grind gilda stars, Mats, etc for turn ins would add a new gearing perspective with upgrades available [bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)];)[/bcolor] a new feature the other server doesn't have

Relic armor that levels with certain items, and weapons and have a custom scripted quest line that gives the relic pieces. Have players grind gilda stars, Mats, etc for turn ins would add a new gearing perspective with upgrades available [bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)];)[/bcolor] a new feature the other server doesn't have

Now that I am home, im going to expand this suggestion. I can type more freely on a computer, so i figured id post again on this.

Creating RELIC style armor will be difficult, but from a coding aspect it would be simple.

1) Create the stages of relic. starting with a basic level, say, Gear Level: 100

give it basic stats, for helm, chest, etc create the relic to be designated to a class. So for an ARCHER sub Shadowplay / NA you would do

X Stamina
X Agility
X STR

then for the progression, have it already DIVINE, so theres no upgrades, which will save you from errors in the future, I.E dummy trys to upgrade their relic xD

2) X+10 stats

3) Progress until you feel its the strongest gear in the game. Or until its barely under the best gear in the game.

4) Each quest will continually get stronger, you can even have the quests scripted for a custom story on how the relic gear, and weapons came to play.

5) Each relic will be designated TO a class, you can farm more then 1 relic set, so that people can still change classes.

6) THE QUESTS:

For the first one, you will want them to find a spirit stone, one that will take them to the quest.
Then have them kill 30 monsters in some place, and then have them gather 10,000 iron ore to temper the basic metal for the relic.
50 rubies, 50 hard stone, 30 Eternal Winter (GHA dungeon).

This gives you the BASIC set.

UPGRADE QUEST 1)

This one could be a simple 100 gilda stars, increases it to +10 everything. + 50 GEAR SCORE

Continue this kind of model for 2-5 times (Up to you)

~~~~~~~

> Celestial Relic:

Expanding on the quest line, you will have some traveling to do, this will be World Boss drops, Raids, And treasure hunting nodes for specic custom coded items, adding Item_Code to the SQL wont be too hard, and make this a bit fun.

Celestial Relic: +25 stats, +250 Gear Score (Raising it to about 450-500 per item, making it feel like you accomplished something)

> Expand +10 stats if wanted, then move the items to DIVINE RELIC

Cherishing your hard work you now have to continue grinding, say loyalty tokens, credits, etc and when you get divine finished it has 1 last quest. this sends you off to find spirit tomes, 5,000. DROPS ONLY ON THIS QUEST!!!! once you have 5,000 spirit tomes/stones, you can bind the light into the relic gear creating your final DIVINE RELIC

+110 STR
+110 AGI
+110 STAM

GEAR SET:

+10% crit damage and rate
+25% MAX HP AND MP
-10% cast time
DURABILITY NO LONGER LOWERS
~~ Endless Arrows no longer costs Mana ~~

something epic like that after all that work.

~Just some thoughts
~Snow

@Epic we'll be returning a Gladiator Death Match Tournament [LINK] from September. It will give players of different GS to participate in solo and group fights.

Suggestion: Auto-sort should actually auto-sort.

Make chests auto-sort properly like with the warehouse instead of applying some sort of weird temporary overlay.

Chests have auto-sort option, but auto-sort button needs to be pressed each time you open the chest. It's not possible to save the order after you had it auto-sorted to look the same when you open chest next time. To save order you need to do it manually.

adjust temporary obsidian starting gear for new players (not players swapping from live servers, but all new players/characters) to be longer duration (at least 1 month) as well as a better grade, celestial is fine. this gear should not be regradeable or tradeable, but meant as a temporary set of gear so they aren't just walking honor for everyone else

consider also giving them gems (50 of the t2 honor gems [320 resil, 235 toughness and 190 1hander/280 2hander focus] would be fine) so that they can gem this gear to actually be able to participate in pvp. giving them gems so that they can start to get a flow of honor to gem their next set of gear would be extremely helpful.

this server is in dire need of improved catch-up mechanics for new players and hasla rift is not the best option as the mobs are considerably difficult to kill without any decent gear and nobody does the first rift if new players are looking for groups.

@illusia Youi cannot gem temp gear. You can't do anything but repair it.

then just give it passive/equip effect stats equal to 4-5 t2 gems. 1800-2k resil on the chest piece and 1300-1600 toughness on the pants would be a good place to start... do NOT add these stats to the adventurer costumes though.. the stat should be on the gear itself to prevent abuse.

and also, the celestial pieces should be at least t3 celestial. if t4 make sure there's both v1 and v2 pieces.

we want new players to actually feel somewhat useful in pvp.

one argument i've heard against giving new accounts decent gear is that it would increase bot productivity.. so if you feel like that is an issue maybe adding some sort of incentive towards reporting bots is a good solution.

Last edited:
Back