What's new

Support pack Mk.II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one not pissed about the pack we've gotten because it was free and I'm in no position to demand valuable stuff only because I choose to spend my time here ?
I don't demand valuable stuff because I spend time here, I just don't like getting thrown under the the train because I spend time supporting this server.

edit: Why are people comparing the value of what new players received and what they themselves received ? Wasn't that the whole purpose of a starter pack ? Closing gear gap, hello ? What's the point in handing out gear to catch up if you are just keeping the gap as it is by giving old players stuff of equal value.
there is a difference between helping them catch up and giving them gear better then half of the server has without even compensating those who got the old pack 2 weeks before and helping THEM to catch up to people who started playing AFTER them and spend no time or money to get ahead of them, that's just wrong

and it's not even helping newguys catch up, that's what it would be if they got dungeon or soulforged gear that can't be traded or turned into endgame gear in two steps
it's about throwing tons of T5 gear and delphinads into an economy which instantly devalues not only other other similar gear, but even materials used for that gear, let alone the fact it can be abused to get legendaries or at least epics with absolute minimum effort and without any consequences, because u can't really ban a newguy for getting a leggy and selling it, and u can't track how many diff accounts that "newguy" made on different VPN servers when there is no link between them

not even going to repeat the points about gear progressinon and "skyrim cheats"
this whole situation is a massive mess that hurts us all while the only people who really profit from it are those who didn't care about this server so far, or those who abuse it

and making big deal about giving out items as an appreciation when 90% of those items are junk (snail mount that is literary worse then the one u can get for free right now), they are bound and RNG so chances are you either get something you don't want or something you already have which doesn't really make players happy but it makes them sad instead

the problem isn't that we don't get great free stuff, the problem is the obvious lack of effort and care that went into this, all the while @Sparkle is telling people to delete their accounts and dodging this thread not only ignoring angry loyal players, but ignoring the abusability of this new welcome pack and the impact it has on server economy and power balance

if it was only the "appreciation" thing, I would not mind it, I'd just write it off as my bad luck getting junk all the time, if it was only the new players getting gear on my level (if it wouldn't be tradable and upgradable) I wouldn't mind that much, they'd still need to put in effort to surpass me so it's cool, if it was only silence about some issues I'd ignore it, but all those combined and more? makes it obvious that I can't expect to be treated fairly here as loyal player and will constantly get shafted for the prospect of attracting more people, makes it obvious that when they screw up they won't care for suggestions how to fix it, they will just pretend it's fine...
and as you can see in this thread, and as you would see on haranya chat, I'm not the only one

Unfortunately I expect @Sparkle to lock the thread before actually giving us a reply or discussion. This seems to be the admins new response for any type of feedback they don't like(other than just ninja deleting people's posts). Beerson basically summed everything up, so I don't really have much more to add to that.

I don't demand valuable stuff because I spend time here, I just don't like getting thrown under the the train because I spend time supporting this server.
I could turn that right around. I started here in june 2018, earned everything i have on, erenor, epic t6s, mounts, pets, land and whathaveyou. Among those items, is Shayeera, that as a new player i went and did the grind to earn a 650 loyalty mount (twas 650 back then), plus some 125 on armor. Was difficult, but worth it.

Today, you lot are casually getting Shayeeras out of a chest, just because you logged in, in the last 6 months or whatever it is. I musta seen like 6 shayeeras just on todays MM. I haven't opened any thread about it, nor has any of you complained for getting the freebie. I could sit here spewing vitriol at admins while telling you to go grind and earn it like i did, it wasn't a short grind, my thread on how it took me bout 2 months is still on these forums.

Time goes on, conditions change, server and population change and admins need to adapt, if it aint perfect well tough shite, point me to a server that is, AAU is two weeks old and a complete mess. Right now the pack for new players is far more reasonable with tomorrows sunset update, and i can easily make any of that myself, so can anyone thats established and wants it. And to say its easy to abuse is kind of moot point too, give me a celest piece from previous pack and id turn it divine or even epic, more accounts, repeat.

If were so worried about abuse and people having too much, lets worry about whats already here, like Iron Head that shamelessly multibox CR/GR/Aegis etc to sell honor. They're drowning in honor and epic/leggy erenor, im not, lets get upset.

Last edited:
I could turn that right around. I started here in june 2018, earned everything i have on, erenor, epic t6s, mounts, pets, land and whathaveyou. Among those items, is Shayeera, that as a new player i went and did the grind to earn a 650 loyalty mount (twas 650 back then), plus some 125 on armor. Was difficult, but worth it.

Today, you lot are casually getting Shayeeras out of a chest, just because you logged in, in the last 6 months or whatever it is. I musta seen like 6 shayeeras just on todays MM. I haven't opened any thread about it, nor has any of you complained for getting the freebie. I could sit here spewing vitriol at admins while telling you to go grind and earn it like i did, it wasn't a short grind, my thread on how it took me bout 2 months is still on these forums.

Time goes on, conditions change, server and population change and admins need to adapt, if it aint perfect well tough shite, someone point me to a server that is, AAU is two weeks old and a complete mess. Right now the pack for new players is far more reasonable with tomorrows sunset update, and i can easily make any of that myself, so can anyone thats established and wants it. And to say its easy to abuse is kind of moot point too, give me a celest piece from previous pack and id turn it divine or even epic, more accounts, repeat.

If were so worried about abuse and people having too much, lets worry about whats already here, like Iron Head that shamelessly multibox CR/GR/Aegis etc to sell honor. They're drowning in honor and epic/leggy erenor, im not, lets get upset.

Anyone with a pulse can get 650 Loyalty eventually. Shayeera isn't needed to be competitive. Shayeera doesn't have a market value of 40,000 gold. You can't get 40,000 gold by simply logging in once a day, but you CAN get 650 Loyalty by logging in once a day. Players have spent weeks/months farming up items that new players just received for free. This isn't something as simple as "they want new players to catch up", they gave new players something that is still valuable with the current player base. You're comparing a vanity mount to pieces of gear that are on-par-or-better than what a majority of the player base is currently sitting on. You realize this, right?

Time goes on, conditions change, server and population change and admins need to adapt, if it aint perfect well tough shite, point me to a server that is, AAU is two weeks old and a complete mess. Right now the pack for new players is far more reasonable with tomorrows sunset update, and i can easily make any of that myself, so can anyone thats established and wants it. And to say its easy to abuse is kind of moot point too, give me a celest piece from previous pack and id turn it divine or even epic, more accounts, repeat.

WTS Shayeera 40k gold

people are not just getting specific mount (shayera) handed, it's more on par of getting boosted RNG crate that might contain it, and I've seen at least 3 differrent people getting it and going "but I don't want this" (tbh I wouldn't mind it even tho I worked my ass off to get Iceneer) while some people got duplicate tiger and some got total crap like mine carrot dash, or even worse, snail that is literary worse then free snail you get for doing event quests 5 days

what you say compares to around 20 credit boxes, which is like 3k gold rn, not 40k ish (the value is very fluid here, you can't just take current value for it) worth of gear and tens of hours worth farming for mats

also don't make me laugh, you didn't "work your ass off" to get the tiger, only thing you did was put off selling loyalty tokens you got for free from the admins, doesn't it sound stupid calling that hard work?

also don't make me laugh, you didn't "work your ass off" to get the tiger, only thing you did was put off selling loyalty tokens you got for free from the admins, doesn't it sound stupid calling that hard work?
I said i earned it, "worked my ass off" is your own embellishment.

Still, go ahead and learn math or calculator before you grant yourself those cheap jabs. 9 "free" loyalty a day is still only 540 after two months. I was grinding saturday loyalty event days (the old cinder pack event) and whatever else they put inbetween, all while not being able to sell a lucky moon/sun, which as a new player, hurts. Even the "free" loyalty still require you to be logged in for 3 hours every day of the week, to me thats effort, cant buy loyalty as the mount binds on pickup, but you rather devalue it cuz "muh t5s that take couple trade runs to build" and "oh thats only 3k", come off it will ya. 775 loyalty is 175 short of a steambikes design and people want 11.000g for that at the moment. Regardless of whether or not it has armor, how much did any of you getting it from a chest (for logging in ONCE in months), pay for Shayeera? right, fuck all.

And the set being given out isn't anywhere near 40 thousand gold anymore. 40k was the value in orbs and thats been reduced by 99%, now you got an easy to build, easy to regrade t5. I just recently built a divine obs sword, only thing of worth required to make it was 38 sunlight essence, which i bought at 19.5g, 740g total, and a Stenas Crystal, lib boss mat, which was 60 gold. Add regrade cost to divine + yellow charm (270g) at celest for a total of 700g or so, because until epic regrades hardly miss anymore, and i spent 1500g on this divine t5, minus an orb thats easy to get even out of an aquafarm now.

As an established player, thats super easy, and it doesn't matter how much you payed for it a year ago, everyone payed what you did and tried regrading at the same odds you did. Theres a player just a few posts above that has 4 or 5 times the investment you have on gear (you're like 5.4k is that right?), and hes right over there telling you the past is the past, move on. I'll say it again, feels like the discussion shifted from "very expensive pack, please fix" to "but they're still getting stuff boo hoo", thats hardly a good enough reason for all this.

You must be blind if you cant see handing them divine t5 armor is a mistake. We aren't asking to make them naked, which the majority of us were when we started the game. But to make the gear they get not as good. Everyone should put in the effort to get good gear, that's one point of this game. They could literally just gem it and be fine. That's wrong.

I'm 9K+ gs and i still use one piece T5 divine, and have several celestial T4 and divine T5 in a chest, all from grindind, i dont agree with this aswell, give new players T5 divine and 2 pieces delphinad divine (that i use aswell) the only difference is that i have my gear full gemmed ( now i need to change almost all the gems) and new players dont have any gems, why dont give them costume, undergarments and guild cloack and a couple of new gems?
'idk

I'm 9K+ gs and i still use one T5 divine, and have several celestial T4 and divine T5 in a chest, all from grindind, i dont agree with this aswell, give new players T5 divine and 2 pieces delphinad divine (that i use aswell) the only difference is that i have my gear full gemmed ( now i need to change almost all the gems) and new players dont have any gems, why dont give them costume, undergarments and guild cloack and a couple of new gems?
rather then new gems I would give them shining essence to be able to aquire old ones, as most of us already have enough old gems that getting shining isn't too much of a grind (well it is tough on me :D) especially since the amount you can get daily is limited and you need to participate in specific events that are hard to acess as a new player:
winning a halcyona battle, not just participating,
luscas, almost no chance to get those
maelstrom arena, I never saw maelstrom actually pop
mistmerrow, might be hard to survive and get credit for towers as new guy
aaand I think I'm missing one, but point is clear

also it would stop them from straight up selling the gems for gold giving them incentive to use those gems instead

You must be blind if you cant see handing them divine t5 armor is a mistake.
You haven't made a point yet, calling me blind doesn't do anything, maybe try contest the packs value, ive layed it on the table.

I started very much against this, so did everyone, but they've at least addressed the biggest value factor on the pack and killed it, all the smack hcic talks in faction is spot on now, with their "waaAaaA thEy sHoulDnt gEt gEar i ShOulD AlrEadY hAvE oN mE siX mOnThS aGo", as thats all this is anymore.

MMs have been buzzing, a couple of days ago it musta been over a raid each side, people everywhere, Halcys been miles better etc. This change and 4.0 made it happen, and i wouldnt wanna go back to MMs with 6vs6, or hardly getting 10 people for an Aegis raid, so we can sit on an empty server tellin stories of gear, in Beersons case not even, saw him once at halcy and hes like 5k and change, maybe he was wearing dawnsdrops who knows. Since i already made sense of who you are ingame, i understand you worked for gear, but i also worked for gear and things i own, yet you're laughing it off clown style while wanting me to take you seriously, everyone worked for what they own unless you swiped it, but thats not 90% of the server. Current server health is the way to go, some things could be improved, but this isn't ravenspine v2 where they just didn't listen, some changes were made and in a timely manner.

Only people with a leg to stand on atm are new players that started like a week before this whole deal, they have no assets and find themselves behind other new players anyway, so id extend the coverage of this pack to people that started 2, 3 weeks, maybe a month ago. They get the improvement while keeping whatever they already collected on their account. And this:
We aren't asking to make them naked, which the majority of us were when we started the game.
Isn't true, it seems. When i started i only took this 7 day basic obs set (from supply chest i think)? but apparently a celest set had always been available, people (year old players) in faction were tellin me "its the set i still use, i just upgraded it since then".

That doesn't sound all too different from what new players get now. Im out tho, take care.

Last edited:
MMs have been buzzing, a couple of days ago it musta been over a raid each side, people everywhere, Halcys been miles better etc. This change and 4.0 made it happen, and i wouldnt wanna go back to MMs with 6vs6, or hardly getting 10 people for an Aegis raid, so we can sit on an empty server tellin stories of gear, in Beersons case not even, saw him once at halcy and hes like 5k and change, maybe he was wearing dawnsdrops who knows. Since i already made sense of who you are ingame, i understand you worked for gear, but i also worked for gear and things i own, yet you're laughing it off clown style while wanting me to take you seriously, everyone worked for what they own unless you swiped it, but thats not 90% of the server. Current server health is the way to go, some things could be improved, but this isn't ravenspine v2 where they just didn't listen, some changes were made and in a timely manner.

ok, it's clear you don't have basic knowlage about the game changes in 4.0
MM is buzzing because a) topiary event, b} you need to farm MM to get mats for old gems, without that noone bothers with MM since it's boring zerg raid

When i started i only took this 7 day basic obs set (from supply chest i think)? but apparently a celest set had always been available, people (year old players) in faction were tellin me "its the set i still use, i just upgraded it since then".

That doesn't sound all too different from what new players get now. Im out tho, take care.
yeah taking T2, regrading it, farming gold for crafting mats and library for needed drops for hours on end doesn't sound much different then getting already finished gear you just gem and go

I refrained to replying to your posts since there is no point, but I'll just get this last one, done discussing this with you, you don't discuss you just repeat single opinion in multiple ways

You haven't made a point yet, calling me blind doesn't do anything, maybe try contest the packs value, ive layed it on the table.

I started very much against this, so did everyone, but they've at least addressed the biggest value factor on the pack and killed it, all the smack hcic talks in faction is spot on now, with their "waaAaaA thEy sHoulDnt gEt gEar i ShOulD AlrEadY hAvE oN mE siX mOnThS aGo", as thats all this is anymore.

Only people with a leg to stand on atm are new players that started like a week before this whole deal, they have no assets and find themselves behind other new players anyway, so id extend the coverage of this pack to people that started 2, 3 weeks, maybe a month ago. They get the improvement while keeping whatever they already collected on their account. And this:

Isn't true, it seems. When i started i only took this 7 day basic obs set (from supply chest i think)? but apparently a celest set had always been available, people (year old players) in faction were tellin me "its the set i still use, i just upgraded it since then".

All new characters upon reaching level 50 are given basic grade obsidian gear for 7 days.

The support pack began with 3.0s launch as transfer rewards, came back for 3.5 and was made permanent the 3rd time it was released.

While it is unfortunate for those who claimed the pack shortly before its temporary removal to receive less. The pack was mentioned to be updated 2 months prior to it being disabled for 4.0 after public discussion that the previous pack was not enough and didn't contain the most useful items.
As such I put for forward this new version. Though in my original pack the armour was celestial and not divine

Now to go over a few things.
The stance of if you want the pack delete your account and start again.
That has always been the stance with the support pack.
If you are not eligible for a new player pack you do not get said pack. So the compromise is to begin again.

Next. The pack is updated when we see the need for it for it to change. As Archeage changes so will the pack. That being said the effectiveness of the gear provided will not go further.
So no you will not see free epics, or legendary gear in it.

What about the people who got it before it was disabled?
Initially I had planned for a "top up" version of the pack that those in the 2 months window could claim to be comparable to the current pack. However I had to take a leave of absence from AR and am still not able to dedicate much time to it so such a pack was never made.

All new characters upon reaching level 50 are given basic grade obsidian gear for 7 days.

The support pack began with 3.0s launch as transfer rewards, came back for 3.5 and was made permanent the 3rd time it was released.

While it is unfortunate for those who claimed the pack shortly before its temporary removal to receive less. The pack was mentioned to be updated 2 months prior to it being disabled for 4.0 after public discussion that the previous pack was not enough and didn't contain the most useful items.
As such I put for forward this new version. Though in my original pack the armour was celestial and not divine

Now to go over a few things.
The stance of if you want the pack delete your account and start again.
That has always been the stance with the support pack.
If you are not eligible for a new player pack you do not get said pack. So the compromise is to begin again.

Next. The pack is updated when we see the need for it for it to change. As Archeage changes so will the pack. That being said the effectiveness of the gear provided will not go further.
So no you will not see free epics, or legendary gear in it.

What about the people who got it before it was disabled?
Initially I had planned for a "top up" version of the pack that those in the 2 months window could claim to be comparable to the current pack. However I had to take a leave of absence from AR and am still not able to dedicate much time to it so such a pack was never made.
the problem with current support pack and why it's a terrible idea in our opinions is not divine, that doesn't matter at this point at all, but T5, you are giving new players gear that people who joined even year ago worked for months to get and still use, that's just wrong any way you look at it, the support pack is supposed to get you closer to average gear level, not to put you above it

another point is that it eliminates most of gear progression which is crucial part of why people put time and stick with this game, the gear progress is why most ppl play archeage even tho they might not realise or admit it, you just took this away losing the "hook" that keeps players interested in the game while they are getting set up to make enough money to progress thru harder parts like ayanad etc.

this new support pack is pushing a gameplay where you come, get competitive set of gear, maybe gem it a little, have some pvp fun and leave for something else that peaks your interest

in current server situation, T3 divine armor, divine epherium pieces and T4 divine weapons would be more then adequate as a support pack, giving players good enough gear to participate in events and run dungeons while having the need to join a guild or make a group to progress your gear, giving those players sense of achievement when they upgrade each piece of gear and keeping them interested in the game

updating such pack with some bound boss/library mats and abyssal crystals, or including 30d buff token that would double loot rate on these bound items would allow for quick progression, along with adding some shining essence to allow people to gem their gear without having to farm specific time events daily for month

also this current pack should not be compensated only to people who got the old one recently but to all, I don't say give the pack to everyone, but giving everyone who doesn't qualify for new pack T5 weapon of choice, single delphinad piece and one or maybe two obsidian T4 armor, even at celestial or unique would be very apropriate, players who got the old pack would be brought up to speed when newguys joining the servers and people who already passed the new pack would blow it up without getting too much edge
you could make this a two week or month long event where you need to complete missions (just not 80 packs to freed or something like the trader day) which would also increase the activity of pre 4.0 players by a lot

hell add a similar even that gives ppl with new support pack shining essence, heroic costume, mid tier glider (something along the line of larva/panda glider, just not sloth or invuln/invisible gliders), some vocation for ancestral upgrades, little starting honor for gems and some honor badges/migration books

I just drafted this while server is on maint, it can be tuned a lot but imo it's very apropriate for both old and new, and would increase server activity which we definitely need

but the cruial point about such packs, there should be discussion with playerbase to see how it would affect the general player, if it would be too easy or too hard etc. thousand heads knows more then ten

I'm really curious what server you're playing on with these statements. Before 4.0, MM's have been buzzing for all but the final MM. Halcy has been a complete stomp of West on East for some time now, and Aegis hasn't been hard to get 30-40 people leading up to the 4.0 drop.

Playing devils advocate, Sparkle has stated that obs costs will drop dramatically by reset (tuesday), and what used to be 30 sunset pearls will become just 1.

So that went from over 5000 gold on an orb for a single piece of t5 obs, to 180g. You can no longer claim the pack is 40k, total cost for the orbs involved in T5 in the pack went from 41.000g to 1450. Yea new players are still getting the pack, but at this point theres no real obstacles for anyone to get the same.

Orbs will be dirt cheap, and grading to divine is 100% chance with a 300 gold anchor.

5 pieces of Divine T1 Obsidian are about 2.5-4k each. That's 12-20k. Depending on the weapons, 3 Divine T1 Obsidian weapons are about 3-5k each (so 9-15k). So Just at T1, you're looking at 21-35k gold's worth. Then look at the archeum.

It takes 196 Moonlight Archeum Crystals to upgrade 5 pieces of Obsidian armor from T1 to T2, and 227 Moonlight Archeum Essence to upgrade T2's to T5. Going by a lowball market value, that's 196 * 2.8g = 548 gold for the Crystals and 4,767 gold for the Essences.

75 Sunlight Archeum Crystals to upgrade the T1's previously mentioned to T2, and 81 Sunlight Archeum Essence to upgrade the T2's to T4. Lowball the Crystals at 5g per, and you get 375 gold. Lowball the Essences at 25 per, and you get 2025 gold.

Archeum costs: 548 + 4767 + 375 + 2025 = 5690
3 T1 Obsidian weapons at market value = 9000 - 15000
5 T1 Obsidian armor pieces at market value = 12000 - 20000
So your final cost is between 26,690 gold and 40,690 gold. Feel free to check my sleepy math, but that still doesn't seem like something that can be deemed "fair" when the items being given are still competitive in today's player base just for showing up late to the party.

Realistically this pack should be made available to everyone or no one. T5 divines are crazy expensive as outlined above, highly competitive, and I didn't work my fingers to the bone just to have an upstart nobody dunk on me from day 1.

Why is it newbies are getting handed the world, but the anniversary pack while appreciated awards utter crap? Where is my wheelbarrow full of archeum?

I'll state again: I don't mind t5 divine being the new standard of welfare, nobody wants to struggle to catch up to 2015 gear standards for a year or two just to be stable enough in combat to participate. Rerolling to a new server to escape another one is hard enough with losing costumes and such. I don't want the new pack changed, removed, etc. Let those players get into the game.

But I still insist that older players get some sort of means of getting that t5 divine set for those of us left behind if they're not already in it. After over a year, my roommate and my IRL friend are still in celestial T4's because library/obby farming is a shitshow for RNG with max buffs, and we can't play all hours of the night/day to find that one time we can make more than a couple safe trade runs. Also, I think we've only gotten a few succesful regrades above celestial between the 3 of us. :/

I'll state again: I don't mind t5 divine being the new standard of welfare, nobody wants to struggle to catch up to 2015 gear standards for a year or two just to be stable enough in combat to participate. Rerolling to a new server to escape another one is hard enough with losing costumes and such. I don't want the new pack changed, removed, etc. Let those players get into the game.

But I still insist that older players get some sort of means of getting that t5 divine set for those of us left behind if they're not already in it. After over a year, my roommate and my IRL friend are still in celestial T4's because library/obby farming is a shitshow for RNG with max buffs, and we can't play all hours of the night/day to find that one time we can make more than a couple safe trade runs. Also, I think we've only gotten a few succesful regrades above celestial between the 3 of us. :/
Choi, obsidian pieces on divine were on ah for 5k. If for a year ur friends cant farm 35k gold to buy them and then upgrade them i dont know what to say. ( i calculated just armor if u add weapon it will be 40-50k). Divine is start and not very good start.

Appreciation pack gives you multiple consumables as well as a permanent glider, pet, mount, costume, decor, including the custom one. Is it really worthless?! Many players will not agree with you.

Support Pack includes different items as it’s meaning is to support, support new players that join and have nothing but need to start facing you, land barons with 7-10k GS, right away.

And if you make a choice to start over, we are also giving you that option instead of denying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back