What's new

State of the Server

Yeah the moderators are trying to be GMs and end up power abusing players. I would like to have some new moderators that are a little less biased and stop bring their negativity to forums/deleting comments for no real reasons

There are very real reasons behind comment deletion. Those reasons include the rules of this forum.

I guess you also can't read....

Not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me over my opinion. However I do agree with you, there needs to be faster IP bans on cheaters and in-game GM's that can deal with these situations.

Maybe they should lower the exp gain so hackers can't level an account in two days.

Yeah the moderators are trying to be GMs and end up power abusing players. I would like to have some new moderators that are a little less biased and stop bring their negativity to forums/deleting comments for no real reasons

I sympathies with the mods because they must be under a lot of stress right now. I would just ask them to be a bit more positive/professional on the forums and to stop locking threads when they disagree with someone. That's what TRION does to avoid criticism.

There are very real reasons behind comment deletion. Those reasons include the rules of this forum.

My thoughts would be to never delete posts unless they are just scams linking to other websites. If they do break the rules, you should punish the user but leave their post with a note on it saying its breaking rule # blah blah blah. This way people don't think you're censoring open discussion or someone you disagree with.

Hey, I have a good idea! How about you add a section to the forums called "Moderation" and move any posts/topics that break the rules there. That way they're removed from general forums but can still be reviewed by anyone interested in knowing why the content was removed.

The deletions have been very selective recently and ulfanor riled up a hornet's nest so i can give a different opinion on this

The only "hornets nest" I've seen is a bunch of salty kids who were buddies with a hacker and receiving benefits from said hacker complaining that they were punished. I can only assume from your post that you're either a part of that group of people/their guild or misinformed, the moderation so far has been good and there's nothing that warrants the current forum admins being removed from their positions and replaced.

Last edited:
@Shawnzy
Am I the only one who finds your whole position hilariously hypocritical?!

You are WELL KNOWN for being banned on multiple occassions from the Trion servers for buying from RMT'ers.
Now you are raising a flag against the very things you have financed.....

Shawn has always tried to communicate problems with the game. Even last FS he was trying to help Trion make the game better. I love how people think Shawn is devil spawn hell bent on destroying Archeage...

Shawn has turned a new leaf. Even last FS he was trying to help Trion make the game better. I love how people think Shawn is devil spawn hell bent on destroying Archeage...

I'm not making any comments about his current activities in game.

I'm talking about him leading a charge against hackers... It's ridiculous considering RMT'ers most certainly use hacking software to accumulate the wealth they sell, and Shawnzy is probably the most well known Gold-buyer in the entire Archeage universe.

I'm not making any comments about his current activities in game.

I'm talking about him leading a charge against hackers... It's ridiculous considering RMT'ers most certainly use hacking software to accumulate the wealth they sell, and Shawnzy is probably the most well known Gold-buyer in the entire Archeage universe.

Take a look at his gear...lol

Hi all,

Reconstruction of Donate system is in its final stage. Believe me, we are doing everything possible to release it as soon as possible. You will be able to use it at no time.
As to GMs...- introducing a new GM won't resolve the current situation. We're improving the anti-cheat system, we have quite a few ideas of a new monitoring system, apart from that we are relying on your reports, which really help us to isolate hackers.

Hi all,

Reconstruction of Donate system is in its final stage. Believe me, we are doing everything possible to release it as soon as possible. You will be able to use it at no time.
Good to hear!

Hi all,
As to GMs...- introducing a new GM won't resolve the current situation. We're improving the anti-cheat system, we have quite a few ideas of a new monitoring system, apart from that we are relying on your reports, which really help us to isolate hackers.
I beg to differ. Iff you think your anti-cheat system is going to do anything but hinder these people until they develop or find workarounds, you're a little bit naive. I've never found a single game whose anti-cheat system hasn't been eventually split wide open. An in-game GM presence is absolutely necessary to crack down on these people who get around the system and those not caught by it at all. Action needs to be taken the same day whenever possible, not within a number of days or even a week or more in the worst cases. The two of you cannot do everything yourselves.

I would also suggest a community manager type that can professionally represent the discussions between AR and the community.

Hi all,

This is good to hear but our reports do nothing because they just make new accounts and are back at it again in under 24 hours. It isn't worth the time to report usually because you don't ban the players assisting those cheating or benefiting.

Example - you or Sparkle confirmed a ban for Trnktz, who is in a players family. This family controls about 1/4 of the land in west diamond shores housing. Since you banned Trnktz there are now 2 new lvl 52 players speed hacking to use these lands again because the owner of the family invited them back so they can still use the land until it demos.

The only "hornets nest" I've seen is a bunch of salty kids who were buddies with a hacker and receiving benefits from said hacker complaining that they were punished. I can only assume from your post that you're either a part of that group of people/their guild or misinformed, the moderation so far has been good and there's nothing that warrants the current forum admins being removed from their positions and replaced.

Without diving into specific details, the “salt” hasn’t come from the guys who were banned, they’re false bans, they’ll be overturned.
The “salt” has come from people like me, not related to it, who take issue with the manner in which Ulfnaor and Krowley handled themselves in relation to the bans when appeals were made.
As well as their conduct and attitude in general.

It will all come to light, though.

It shows a complete lack of objectivity as despite the fact they’ve no way to access logs or any real information, they’ve decided Godzi etc are guilty and shown an incredibly biased, childish and pathetic attitude toward the whole thing.

Celestrata handles things better than these two have handled those bans and appeals and the conversations that stemmed from them.

Without diving into specific details, the “salt” hasn’t come from the guys who were banned, they’re false bans, they’ll be overturned.
The “salt” has come from people like me, not related to it, who take issue with the manner in which Ulfnaor and Krowley handled themselves in relation to the bans when appeals were made.
As well as their conduct and attitude in general.

It will all come to light, though.

It shows a complete lack of objectivity as despite the fact they’ve no way to access logs or any real information, they’ve decided Godzi etc are guilty and shown an incredibly biased, childish and pathetic attitude toward the whole thing.

Celestrata handles things better than these two have handled those bans and appeals and the conversations that stemmed from them.

Then go back to her? I'm not pulling punches anymore. I'm tired of your crying because you lost the ayanad sword with your cheating buddy. Real talk.

Then go back to her? I'm not pulling punches anymore. I'm tired of your crying because you lost the ayanad sword with your cheating buddy. Real talk.

Go back to who?

When were you ever pulling punches? You’ve been acting like a child the entire time.

I could care less about the Katana, drop in the bucket, no drama.
If it were, I would have kicked up a fuss over it.
Notice how that information was offered by me openly, not like it’s sometbing I held behind closed doors.

It has no bearing on yours and Ulf’s pathetic attitude and handling.
I actually didn’t have an issue with you until about 10 hours ago. Even after the ban, I didn’t think you handled anything poorly and it was more Ulf. But you’re really starting to show your true colors and I hope the community takes note.

I also enjoy that you ignored my PM despite stating we could continue the conversation in PMs. Not a bloke of your word, are you?

Back