What's new

ArcheRage 6.5 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am giving you a solution for Archeum. I do not farm dungeons myself since I have 4.5k gs in a world where average of current active players is probably 15k. I do not have place in dungeons myself.
You are probably implying that the gold market value of archeum is too high. Yes there is - reason is because people are refusing to use the main source for Archeum ( dungeons) and supply is really low
You aren't giving a solution to anything, obviously everyone knows we can do dungeons, why should we be able to only grind archeum from dungeons while the main income of archeum was from Auroria? And even though you haven't cleared a single dungeon on this server, you're fully convinced that clearing dungeons is a great way to "fix things"? Honestly, i'm just suprised by how narrow minded you are

Also here is your old forum post

Just because the game is Korean, that doesnt mean you have to grind monsters all day for a chance to get a piece of gear... Its a sandbox MMORPG after all. It is not dungeon simulator. If you wanna grind endlessly PvE, just download and install games like MU Legends, thats hella grind

So, for trees and braziers, it should take you less than 45 min(if running the packs). If you have some Lord coins/territory tokens that you can spend, you can buy the trees/waters, that should take you about 5 mins.
It's not about how much time it takes you to deliver the packs. It's about that Flaming logs and Mineral water pots have cooldown. You can not surpass that.

I am giving you a solution for Archeum. I do not farm dungeons myself since I have 4.5k gs in a world where average of current active players is probably 15k. I do not have place in dungeons myself.
You are probably implying that the gold market value of archeum is too high. Yes there is - reason is because people are refusing to use the main source for Archeum ( dungeons) and supply is really low
Your suggestion has been the main source of archeum for quite some time now. Doing the same 6 Greater dungeons 5 times a day is 30 runs. Hadir and BCA take around 5 minutes or so to do, so those 2 dungeons alone are an hour. PC and SM will take a bit longer as bosses have damage reduction "mechanics" and/or the dungeon has a time-gate unless you glitch past it, but you know what? For the sake of your comical optimism we'll say it also takes 5 minutes per run. Dahuta doesn't have the waves anymore so each run is 5 minutes or so. GHA takes a good bit longer, that's at least 10 minutes a run with the traversals, and assuming someone is insane enough to do GKC we'll nicely say that's another 10 minutes a run although that dungeon would take a bit longer. Serpentis takes around the same length of time assuming you don't get the Lerman stall room for the second room.

GHF/GBC/GPC/GSM/SoDL = 25 runs. 5 minutes per run mean that's 125 minutes.
GHA/GKC/Serpentis = 15 runs, that's another 150 minutes.
That's over 4 hours a day you'd be spending every day to get your dungeon amounts done.
6 dungeons need 2 Superior Grinding Scrolls afaik, so doing the max amount daily would put you in the hole at least 360g a day.

The only way this would work out is if every mob dropped an unidentified armor AND weapon piece at the same time, and every boss dropped at least 2 pieces of gear. That would get you between 4-8 essences per run. But we all know you're not getting that kind of drop rate, nor is anyone going to ID gear to crush them for SHARDS in the patch of our lord 6.5. This idea isn't feasible.

You aren't giving a solution to anything, obviously everyone knows we can do dungeons, why should we be able to only grind archeum from dungeons while the main income of archeum was from Auroria? And even though you haven't cleared a single dungeon on this server, you're fully convinced that clearing dungeons is a great way to "fix things"? Honestly, i'm just suprised by how narrow minded you are
In the past main source was Auroria for archeum. Yes it WAS since earlier stages of progression did not allow players to solo grind greater dungeons/mistsong/serpentis/dahuta for Archeum. At current state of progress all of these dungeons are either solo or duo.
Yes I haven't grind dungeons aside from normal dungeons and GHA for gear etc which was like more than 3 years ago if i remember correctly.
But that does not mean I do not have experience myself. I grinded about 3 hours a day greater dungeon in AA Unchained and I can tell that despite Archeum in Unchained had much much cheaper gold value I still managed to earn few thousands of gold off of archeum and synthium shards solely off of Greater dungeons on a daily basis.
I am not narrow minded - the patches are narrow minded.

GHF/GBC/GPC/GSM/SoDL = 25 runs. 5 minutes per run mean that's 125 minutes.
GHA/GKC/Serpentis = 15 runs, that's another 150 minutes.
That's over 4 hours a day you'd be spending every day to get your dungeon amounts done.
You realize that this 4 hours could net you 10k+ gold worth of Archeum right? Based off of current AH gold values of archeum.

P.S. you know you can combine shards into crystals and crystals into essences, right?

Is there anything else in the game at the moment that can NET you 10k+ gold value in few hours?... even Commerce with it's grande buff can't.
yes NET - not just overall income. Getting 10k income off of trade packs does not mean you NET 10k profit. You simply don't since your materials expenditures are more than half of that income.

You realize that this 4 hours could net you 10k+ gold worth of Archeum right? Based off of current AH gold values of archeum.

P.S. you know you can combine shards into crystals and crystals into essences, right?

Is there anything else in the game at the moment that can NET you 10k+ gold value in few hours?... even Commerce with it's grande buff can't.
yes NET - not just overall income. Getting 10k income off of trade packs does not mean you NET 10k profit. You simply don't since your materials expenditures are more than half of that income.
Dude, do you even play on the server?

Looking at your prior post of you doing greater dungeons on AAU for hours a day, you prove my next point:
This is a private server. If the effort to get an item here is comparable to a retail-like environment, it's only pushing away the player base. No one here is here because they want to play this game in a retail environment. We're being limited to the same environment that we all quit from to come here. No one wants to play another retail-like Archeage. There is a reason Live bombed, there is a reason Legacy servers died, there is a reason the publisher has changed hands more than once.

P.S. did your eyes glaze over the part where I said it was 4-8 essences per run if you were to get an unidentified armor and weapon piece from every mob you killed and an armor and weapon piece from every boss, heavily implying that's mathematically improbable unless you have maxed out loot drop rate which involves dropping even more gold into the effort?

Dude, do you even play on the server?
SunlightCrystalPrice.jpg
MoonlightCrystalPrice.jpg

Those are current gold auction values of both sunlight and moonlight Crystals.
So you are saying that a Greater Dungeon that yields weapons/armors frequently and all can be salvaged for 1-3 or 1-2 Crystals is not a solution?
5 Minutes dungeon as you said can yield you several gear pieces. So we talking about average 10-15 crystals per dungeon of 13g 7day average price per Crystal is somewhat not a solution? That's 150g for 5 minutes give or take...

I am not playing non-stop on this server. But upon log in I spent about 60 minutes examining everything on the auction market so Yes i can definitely say that I have done my research properly.

Looking at your prior post of you doing greater dungeons on AAU for hours a day, you prove my next point:
This is a private server. If the effort to get an item here is comparable to a retail-like environment, it's only pushing away the player base. No one here is here because they want to play this game in a retail environment. We're being limited to the same environment that we all quit from to come here. No one wants to play another retail-like Archeage. There is a reason Live bombed, there is a reason Legacy servers died, there is a reason the publisher has changed hands more than once.
Yes I do understand all of that. This is why I do not even understand why did Hiram was pushed live on this private server.
I used to play on 2.9 version at start here and I loved the ayanad/obsidian part of gearing where most of the professions were involved into gearing and people had absolute freedom to BE whoever they wanna BE, To do whatever they wanna do and still gear up.
So i decided to log out the moment I heard about plans on bringing Hiram updates in here. I never liked Hiram gearing system, and will never do.
Just whatever the solutions end up being just allow players like me who are returned and have no chance to contest other players through PvP to get archeum.
Because simply re-opening Auroria housing zones is only gonna hurt the already Gapped gear progression on the server.
If the Gap wasn't that big I would say housing zones in Auroria would be fine. But since the gap is huge and the dominance factor applies heavily I do not think it will result into being positive feature.

View attachment 17945View attachment 17946

Those are current gold auction values of both sunlight and moonlight Crystals.
So you are saying that a Greater Dungeon that yields weapons/armors frequently and all can be salvaged for 1-3 or 1-2 Crystals is not a solution?
5 Minutes dungeon as you said can yield you several gear pieces. So we talking about average 10-15 crystals per dungeon of 13g 7day average price per Crystal is somewhat not a solution? That's 150g for 5 minutes give or take...
No, you haven't cleared a dungeon so far and you are only speaking in theory, you don't know the actual drops you would average from a dungeon. 10-15 crystals from one single dungeon is just pure delusion, you would at most get 6 or 7 crystals if you get really good drops from the mobs, in which you haven't even added in the amount of labor used in the calculation. At most, you would earn 4-5k in 6 hours, and you would end up spending around 6 to 6.5k labor to achieve that as well, or even more. So in the end you will have wasted your time. And on top of that, you CAN'T even do dungeons, so how are YOU going to earn archeum??

But the argument is about archeum supply, not gold supply. You're mentioning gold value for an issue that's based around sources of archeum. Players want to farm it in the most feasible way possible. For years we had a feasible and timely manner to do it on Auroria land only for us to downgrade and lose that land due to a patch that was meant to "shake up Fresh Start servers" and thus be forced to farm archeum by grinding a dungeon 4 hours a day while also taking lovely 10-30 minute breaks in-between for other events like WH/Aegis/CR/GR/Halcyona/Abyssal/Luscas.

Before Auroria land went away, lots of people had Auroria land and those who needed archeum or wanted to sell it could and prices weren't awful (maybe about 20% of what they are now?). But now everyone is relegated to being told "spend 4 hours in a dungeon, take it or leave it". We're gonna leave it. And the server. Because as I've said before: that's retail shit. We came here to avoid retail things.

Yes I do understand all of that. This is why I do not even understand why did Hiram was pushed live on this private server.
I used to play on 2.9 version at start here and I loved the ayanad/obsidian part of gearing where most of the professions were involved into gearing and people had absolute freedom to BE whoever they wanna BE, To do whatever they wanna do and still gear up.
So i decided to log out the moment I heard about plans on bringing Hiram updates in here. I never liked Hiram gearing system, and will never do.
Just whatever the solutions end up being just allow players like me who are returned and have no chance to contest other players through PvP to get archeum.
Because simply re-opening Auroria housing zones is only gonna hurt the already Gapped gear progression on the server.

But you're a player who has returned and has no chance of getting prime land to begin with, so Hiram is the best option for people like you to gear up. Re-opening Auroria housing zones doesn't hurt the gap, because most of the people this would hardly affect are already on the upper end of the gear wall anyway. You yourself don't even have the gear to grind these dungeons alone, so how would you get your gear? It's either archeum (which you can only get from running dungeons) or Hiram. You don't have another alternative here. So you're actively disproving your own point just by existing. Thanks!

At best, it would make archeum more successful because it would push even more archeum into the market. The reason why archeum crystals are 12g instead of 2-4g like I believe they were before land was taken away is because the supply has lessened. The amount of time, effort, gold, and labor spent to farm archeum on Auroria land was less than time and effort spent grinding 4 hours of dungeons a day. Were people grinding dungeons before? Sure thing, I remember seeing MSS runs all the time and those weapons crushed into essences.

The current stagnation of the market and lack of archeum supply is because of the current limitations we have. You are arguing that by reopening Auroria land it would further limit the amount of archeum in the market when that simply isn't true because we're only in this predicament in the first place because of the loss of Auroria land. I don't get how you keep missing that point.

Not even adding in on the fact that if you add dungeons like Serpentis or Dahuta to the total amount of archeum calculation, you will not get as much loot since it's a group dungeon and leave empty handed most of the time

Last edited:
But the argument is about archeum supply, not gold supply. You're mentioning gold value for an issue that's based around sources of archeum. Players want to farm it in the most feasible way possible. For years we had a feasible and timely manner to do it on Auroria land only for us to downgrade and lose that land due to a patch that was meant to "shake up Fresh Start servers" and thus be forced to farm archeum by grinding a dungeon 4 hours a day while also taking lovely 10-30 minute breaks in-between for other events like WH/Aegis/CR/GR/Halcyona/Abyssal/Luscas.

Before Auroria land went away, lots of people had Auroria land and those who needed archeum or wanted to sell it could and prices weren't awful (maybe about 20% of what they are now?). But now everyone is relegated to being told "spend 4 hours in a dungeon, take it or leave it". We're gonna leave it. And the server. Because as I've said before: that's retail shit. We came here to avoid retail things.

But you're a player who has returned and has no chance of getting prime land to begin with, so Hiram is the best option for people like you to gear up. Re-opening Auroria housing zones doesn't hurt the gap, because most of the people this would hardly affect are already on the upper end of the gear wall anyway. You yourself don't even have the gear to grind these dungeons alone, so how would you get your gear? It's either archeum (which you can only get from running dungeons) or Hiram. You don't have another alternative here. So you're actively disproving your own point just by existing. Thanks!

At best, it would make archeum more successful because it would push even more archeum into the market. The reason why archeum crystals are 12g instead of 2-4g like I believe they were before land was taken away is because the supply has lessened. The amount of time, effort, gold, and labor spent to farm archeum on Auroria land was less than time and effort spent grinding 4 hours of dungeons a day. Were people grinding dungeons before? Sure thing, I remember seeing MSS runs all the time and those weapons crushed into essences.

The current stagnation of the market and lack of archeum supply is because of the current limitations we have. You are arguing that by reopening Auroria land it would further limit the amount of archeum in the market when that simply isn't true because we're only in this predicament in the first place because of the loss of Auroria land. I don't get how you keep missing that point.
Yes. Thats what comes with the patches.
I came here myself because of the more appealing approach to farming. I would rather have 4x times the labor and only use 1 character instead of using 4 accounts with 10 labor per 5. Does that makes sense? I prefer to play on only one account that is why I came here.
No only. The second but not less important reason for me to be here was because of the Old gearing system before Hiram appeared. Hiram gearing system is the most unfun and shallow gear system I have ever seen in any game. And this is why I came in here to play with the Old gearing system which is 10x more superior to Hiram.
Yet they proceeded with updates and brought the thing that people are trying to run away from on Retail.
I still prefer potato farming on this server than any retail server solely because of account limitation and increased labor regen. I prefer non-alt influenced servers where you play with your main character at all times. Yes I do not care about my gear right now. I only want to experience Farmvile aspects of the game.
As for the supply of archeum the demand is not as high as it used to be simply because of Hiram being added to the game. In older patches all gear on the server required archeum and auroria land was needed to supply that demand. But yet again Erenor gear itself is the most time consuming gear choice that usually was taking months to even craft a piece, which is fine I do like that... but now you simply just ask "I want to make erenor just as fast as I can make delphinad/ayanad".

May be you came in here to have faster progression? Majority did not. I would rather have slower progression that would make sure gear gaps be smaller and slower progression also make sure that PvP all across the board will be more balanced in terms of accessibility. A faster progression only increases gear gaps and lead to unhealthy state of PvP whether the server is retail or not.

P.S. : This private server was more populated at certain point than any Retail server ever existed. Now let's rewind and see when that was... Oh it was on 2.9 without Hiram being added.
But as a side note : If they ever decide to start a server with 2.0 version of ArcheAge or even 1.7 ( but without updating further patches - simply improving ) they will literally get all the existing ArcheAge players from all servers to their own.

Last edited:
Yes. Thats what comes with the patches.
I came here myself because of the more appealing approach to farming. I would rather have 4x times the labor and only use 1 character instead of using 4 accounts with 10 labor per 5. Does that makes sense? I prefer to play on only one account that is why I came here.
No only. The second but not less important reason for me to be here was because of the Old gearing system before Hiram appeared. Hiram gearing system is the most unfun and shallow gear system I have ever seen in any game. And this is why I came in here to play with the Old gearing system which is 10x more superior to Hiram.
Yet they proceeded with updates and brought the thing that people are trying to run away from on Retail.
I still prefer potato farming on this server than any retail server solely because of account limitation and increased labor regen. I prefer non-alt influenced servers where you play with your main character at all times. Yes I do not care about my gear right now. I only want to experience Farmvile aspects of the game.
As for the supply of archeum the demand is not as high as it used to be simply because of Hiram being added to the game. In older patches all gear on the server required archeum and auroria land was needed to supply that demand. But yet again Erenor gear itself is the most time consuming gear choice that usually was taking months to even craft a piece, which is fine I do like that... but now you simply just ask "I want to make erenor just as fast as I can make delphinad/ayanad".

May be you came in here to have faster progression? Majority did not. I would rather have slower progression that would make sure gear gaps be smaller and slower progression also make sure that PvP all across the board will be more balanced in terms of accessibility. A faster progression only increases gear gaps and lead to unhealthy state of PvP whether the server is retail or not.
This isn't true either, i spent 4.5 months finishing my erenor set on the server and that was when i spent 3-4 hours per day delivering dragon essence/onyx to earn 11-12k daily. So people that can't deliver cargo in fear of getting robbed will probably spend around 7 to 8 months finishing their set, which is what i am seeing from my friends so far. The demand of archeum is actually very high, i don't know how you came up with that either. Try placing 2000 crystals for 2 gold each, will be sold out instantly. We aren't here for "faster progression", in fact it hurts you, not the players higher up if the progression is slower because you will get smacked in any kind of pvp, since you are gear locked. So how exactly is fast progression going to hurt PvP, when you will spend the next 3 months reaching around 16 to 17k gearscore while the endgame players will have upgraded their erenor by then? You are literally hindering yourself

This isn't true either, i spent 4.5 months finishing my erenor set on the server and that was when i spent 3-4 hours per day delivering dragon essence/onyx to earn 11-12k daily. So people that can't deliver cargo in fear of getting robbed will probably spend around 7 to 8 months finishing their set, which is what i am seeing from my friends so far. The demand of archeum is actually very high, i don't know how you came up with that either. Try placing 2000 crystals for 2 gold each, will be sold out instantly. We aren't here for "faster progression", in fact it hurts you, not the players higher up if the progression is slower because you will get smacked in any kind of pvp, since you are gear locked. So how exactly is fast progression going to hurt PvP, when you will spend the next 3 months reaching around 16 to 17k gearscore while the endgame players will have upgraded their erenor by then? You are literally hindering yourself
Because this game's in-game system evolving around combat - all the pvp calculations are designed where highest weapon dps numbers were 500-600 and highest toughness/resilience numbers were few thousand. None of these calculation formula's within the game was adjusted to suit 1500 dps weapons and characters with 10k+ resilience and 6-7k toughness or having 300% critical damage.
None of the formulas was ever adjusted to the increased value of input. So pvp back in 2.0 was taking time and there wasn't a case where you can 1 shot anyone with 2 attacks simply because formulas never allowed for you to delete someone in 2 hits ( unless it's heavy gear gap ).
Nowadays due to this outdated formulas and it's functionality with these Newer inputs - you get 1 shot left and right from people with the same gear progression as you do. It all comes down to who engages first.
It's all hidden in the maths behind.

Players higher up in gear score got there faster than other players they started the game with. By wanting to enforce slower progression, it makes the majority of the player base gear up slower. Your "slower progression makes smaller gear gap" disproves your own point, faster progression would get players to a competitive state faster...for less effort. Faster progression would only increase gear gap if the gear state was infinitely scaling, but as anyone on this server can tell you, the sub-7k GS player telling us lowly peons who have been here for years what to do, once you hit a certain GS not only do you hit a growth wall but your power improvement wanes greatly. Getting more players to that wall faster makes for more competitive areas and a smaller gear gap.

As for the supply of archeum the demand is not as high as it used to be simply because of Hiram being added to the game. In older patches all gear on the server required archeum and auroria land was needed to supply that demand.

So then by your logic demand should've dropped hand-in-hand with supply thus keeping costs relatively the same, but seeing as the price of archeum has quintupled since land was removed, you're wrong. Thanks for playing.

This is absolutely fricking wrong.

1.) After you hit 15k you hit a progression wall, it requires a lot of effort to get past it regardless what gear you have.
2.) Must of the ppl here with PVP capabilities are way past 17k, i can guarantee you that since im a the receiving end of those Eternal Erenor 2H and i'm 17k atm as well
3.) Must of the big PVP guilds will get erenor T3 eternal items a week top after patch lands, i guarantee it. The swipe is stronk
4.) Gear have a ceiling, no matter how fast your progress you cannot pass that limit.

We need a way to get faster progression for those coming cuz is not fun for anyone when an 8k is trying to pvp and cannot even surpass your natural HP regen LOL just to get one shotted after by an AOE heal, i mean i can literally farm mobs on castle with 3 8k-10k toons hitting me the whole time

I have a great two-step challenge for you that requires 0 pvp since you want to farmville and it'll get you hella golds!

1. Gear yourself up without Hiram to the point where you can solo dungeons
2. Farm up enough archeum from those dungeons and sell them until you reach 100k gold

Time how long it takes you to get there and get back to us.

I have a great two-step challenge for you that requires 0 pvp since you want to farmville and it'll get you hella golds!

1. Gear yourself up without Hiram to the point where you can solo dungeons
2. Farm up enough archeum from those dungeons and sell them until you reach 100k gold

Time how long it takes you to get there and get back to us.
Okay. Just to let you know it will take me more time to upgrade my gear to that point to easily farm all these dungeons than the time i need to farm 100k gold on this server.

i mean i can literally farm mobs on castle with 3 8k-10k toons hitting me the whole time
And this is a gear gap caused by faster hiram progression or slower pre-hiram progression? I think no one here can say that's a result of slower progression - it's in fact the opposite, hiram progression is way too fast for the core of this game. I do not want to be arrogant but - Rekt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back