What's new

4.5 hiram

This is not a good idea at all. Gutting new armor just because it is "easier" to obtain is not the way to go about this, at all.

Obsidian armor provides benefits that Hiram and Erenor do not, with generally much more utility than both. Obsidian may need a *SLIGHT* buff to either methods for obtaining it or to some stats (i'm talking like a 5% max buff), but gutting the new content is stupid.

Erenor remains the top tier armor as part of the crafted route in every release of live.

Obsidian remains the armor easiest to obtain via Mob farming, and is only subject to regrade RNG, which becomes much more forgiving in later patches. The best route for this is to leave it in the game via recipes and drops, and to monitor the statistics to see if it needs a buff.

Hiram is still subject to RNG rolls on each tier up, still making it difficult to obtain exactly what you want. It is subject to the same RNG as synthesis gear.

Stop gutting new content in favor of keeping your old content. New technology replaces old in real life literally every day. People have to work to upgrade to the new, lest they fall behind. If Hiram is viewed as too powerful, then do the work to get the gear.

Learn. Change. Adapt. That's how you survive.

If u try make this server make mistakes like oficial thats thee logic we should follow. Cuz Hiram was just ez to obtain gear to bait new players and give them feeling of gearing up for 5 min before they all quit. I am totaly against even existing of this gear cuz it make entire crafting useless, why craft anything when u just can grind mobs for gear and do events for honor. If u want create balanced server hiram is not way to do it, yes it should be in game but capped on some grade so when new player get to that cap put that gems that are ez now he can think on something better. And anyway putting 2 years of ppl work into trash would be just not proper thing to do.

Why i think it should be in game even when i am 100% against it ? Giving ppl easier start after 2 years of existiance of this server is actualy not bad idea where we have so many geared players but it not supose put anyone behind or make time they spend irrelevant.

Last edited:
Why i think it should be in game even when i am 100% against it ? Giving ppl easier start after 2 years of existiance of this server is actualy nnot bad idea where we have so many geared players but it not supose put anyone behind that already play on server.

I think you are looking at Hiram on Unchained..

No he's correct, in the first hiram patches you can reroll stats on hiram gear the same way we reroll stats for costume, underwear and cloak.

Edit: only difference with aau is that in aau I think you can save up the rerolls?

Why i think it should be in game even when i am 100% against it ? Giving ppl easier start after 2 years of existiance of this server is actualy not bad idea where we have so many geared players but it not supose put anyone behind or make time they spend irrelevant.

But, what about the support pack?

No he's correct, in the first hiram patches you can reroll stats on hiram gear the same way we reroll stats for costume, underwear and cloak.

Edit: only difference with aau is that in aau I think you can save up the rerolls?

You can reroll stats but it is still all subject to RNG. You don't get to choose what the roll selects. And chances are still very good you will not get what you are looking for. I had to reroll my costume and underwear over 20 times EACH, and my cloak clocked in at at least 18 rolls and I STILL don't have the "good" stat.

You can reroll stats but it is still all subject to RNG. You don't get to choose what the roll selects. And chances are still very good you will not get what you are looking for. I had to reroll my costume and underwear over 20 times EACH, and my cloak clocked in at at least 18 rolls and I STILL don't have the "good" stat.

I never said it wasn't?

I never said it wasn't?
I know, you were just the latest reply in that series of how the rolling for Hiram works, with the initial bit of the discussion being about the RNG of stat rolls, so I thought it easier to reply to your statement.

I know, you were just the latest reply in that series of how the rolling for Hiram works, with the initial bit of the discussion being about the RNG of stat rolls, so I thought it easier to reply to your statement.

So i get tagged and I respond, which has nothing to do with your own statements xD hehe

It has plenty to do...you were the last to respond in a thread of statements that I originally made....

Hiram is still subject to RNG rolls on each tier up, still making it difficult to obtain exactly what you want. It is subject to the same RNG as synthesis gear.

VVVVVV

Hiram isn't really subject to RNG rolls like you are thinking. Every upgrade you get a free reroll on any stat you choose. Then you can reroll those stats for a fee afterwards. It is extremely easy to get the right numbers for the gear.

VVVV

I think you are looking at Hiram on Unchained..

VVVVVVVVV

Which is why I replied with your last statement in a quote

It has plenty to do...you were the last to respond in a thread of statements that I originally made....

Which is why I replied with your last statement in a quote

I meant my current response lmao ("which has nothing to do with your own statements") and if you really want to be technical, I was just saying someone was correct, which has nothing to do with the other topic imo. And I'm the one with the personal tag making this conversation go sideways cuz I'm pointing it out :p

Needing new stuff or not, every patch needs to be combed through. There are plenty of people who do not like hiram and AR could potentially lose said people by rolling it out without changes. Hiram is quite powerful. There are many bonuses on the stuff that surpasses, imo, some of the obsidian items.
That was the problem with retail, they didn't think through/didn't care and lost a lot of loyal customers that way. And with a pserver, you simple cant be doing stuff like that.
Reason why I think hiram needs to be weaker then obsidian is because IT CANT BREAK. Whats the point of trying 20 times for an epic when you can roll an epic on hiram without worry about breakage? Obsidian would be worthy if it was stronger then hiram in the end. Sure hiram has rng for stats but, once u get said stat ur set forever. Legit forever, obsidian you still gotta rng to even try to get better grades.
That is simple facts.

I never played on a patch that had hiram. Personally I quit on 3.5 live. So I might not be well informed.
But what scares me is how the stats on an epic T3 bow are on par with legendary T7. Something people paid well over 100K for.

And look at Unchained. People are getting their Hiram's at such a fast pace, and that is with like 10x our population and all the grind spots being contested, 1/4 of our labor and half our drop rate (Basically the factors that slow down progress on it, all which we won't have.)

hiram.png

A legendary +0 T4 Hiram bow is 750 damage, let alone it being +18....
But yes, when an epic item is on par with a leggy t7 item, that's just bad... and its why I said they have to be very careful with this hiram stuff...
On AAU at least. Checked it out as i was curious on the damage.

Hiram, like as 4.0 and 4.5 was the points I dropped in here..... :thonk:
If you patch that shit in, Im gone. I guess a lot of other ppl too.
Dont rly understand why you do that pathing on patches, and why you even force it more on timetable as it ws on live ( ok...moneymaking ;p )
But as "free" server , let me get up from the ground, just fall off my stool... you should be aware that the basic AA playing get lost more and more on every patch youre doing.
And before all those barking morons jumping on now... YES... I would like a 3.0 or 3.5 server WITHOUT any further patches, cause I like gameplaying ;p

Well reverting back to 3.5 isn't going to happen and staying on a one shot patch is an awful choice, too. So all there's left is to move forward.

Theres a guy on live with a legendary t4 already. That is within a month of playing on a server with significantly slower synthesis progession.

It's pretty much legendary/mythic t7 obsidian stat-wise depending on weapon.

Cap it at epic or something and lower the synthesis exp by a milestone.

Last edited:
Well reverting back to 3.5 isn't going to happen and staying on a one shot patch is an awful choice, too. So all there's left is to move forward.

Theres a guy on live with a legendary t4 already. That is within a month of playing on a server with significantly slower synthesis progession.

It's pretty much legendary/mythic t7 obsidian stat-wise depending on weapon.

Cap it at epic or something and lower the synthesis exp by a milestone.

We won't have legi hirams within a month of 4.5 tho.. There's no t3 hiram in that patch.

We won't have legi hirams within a month of 4.5 tho.. There's no t3 hiram in that patch.

There is no tier 2 either. 4.5 only releases the first tier of Hiram which goes up to celestial. So lets not doom and gloom about balance just yet folks. 5.0 is when they releases Tier 2 and phase out obsidian. Nerfs and keeping obsidian discussion can come at a later date.

There is no tier 2 either. 4.5 only releases the first tier of Hiram which goes up to celestial. So lets not doom and gloom about balance just yet folks. 5.0 is when they releases Tier 2 and phase out obsidian. Nerfs and keeping obsidian discussion can come at a later date.
4.5 brings both Hiram and the Awoken Hiram gear.

Those who say Hiram is fine are stupid enough to think that people are ACTUALLY going to do farming, fishing, trade runs, alchemy, mining, husbandry, commerce, gathering, etc to progress instead of the upcoming dailies that are probably going to kill this with the new player progression system: Hiram.
And before you come with the good old ¨But Hiram takes a lot of gold to level up so people are going to do this¨ please, do you really think that people are not going to do anything else than grinding for gold by farming coin purses or fucking dailies?
People will go full dailies since Hiram requires XP and the only way to get them is with D A I L I E S and those D A I L I E S give you gold but also they give you the XP you need to level your Hiram gear.
Hiram is good enough to fight against erenor and comparing the prices of both erenor and hiram, erenor falls apart really quick.
This kills the Sandbox archeage has right now, you can do anything and get good profit out of that and buy/craft your gear, potions, accessories, food, materials, vehicles, ships, etc, etc. and it's not only do 1 thing, you can do alchemy and level gathering at the same time beacuse you need to plant for materials giving you the option of making/buying bundles and use them for faster production, make opaque polish and the higher tier materials that require high alchemy profiency and sell those for good prices and get profit out of that while you can also do metalwork with those materials since you can make sturdy ingots and craft higher tier materials for metalwork, leatherwork, tailoring, etc and you didn't even realised but you are making a lot of gold by yourself without making the same thing as always and slowly expanding all your gold making ways.

Upcoming patches are going to kill this.

If you want time, we can give you a lot of time to change all the bullshit that XL Games brought to archeage and make an actual good game compared to unchained's bullshitery.

-Don't add Hiram
-Fix Obsidian
-Drop the proficiency requirements for weaponry and other prof that are required to craft your own gear so it's not a hell to level it up and get good end game gear OR just remove the regrading requirement that makes crafting weapons for leveling weaponry a massive gold sink that brings these people that want Hiram gear on the private server.
-Don't become a retail or this server is going to be dead, people from unchained that actually know what archeage was are coming to the private server beacuse they hate 6.0 archeage.
-Don't Nerf trade runs and other good ways to make money.

Sorry for my average english.

#Don't_Become_A_Retail.

Good to all, I will ask and also give my opinion, any of those present plays with a Windows XP or 7? not true, because you update the version to Windows better. Well, in the game it's exactly the same, the obsidian is behind, so that we upgrade to hiram or erenor. So let's update our set, good luck to all

Back