What's new

ArcheRage 3.5 Discussion

I don’t know if this has been covered, and if it has I apologize but I would love to see some benefits of having a high/max prifiency. For example having something like less or no RNG with crafting gear with a high skill in gear crafting like how 3.5 is but for having a high skill rather than all around or maybe better auroria weapon/armor drops with higher grades, maybe a super small chance for an auroria piece to drop at divine or seomthing. I would just like people to feel like they get rewarded for putting all their effort into maxing a profiency.

Edit: not JUST for larceny and crafting I think it would be neat to have little buffs / proc chances for ALL professions like maybe an extra potion proc when crafting potions like in wow or something similar.

Edit: not JUST for larceny and crafting I think it would be neat to have little buffs / proc chances for ALL professions like maybe an extra potion proc when crafting potions like in wow or something similar.

There are houses that already do this. With Labor being the finite resource on your character, a 30-40% reduction in labor cost is not a bad benefit to get. Bumping Larceny means you get to open more coinpurses at once. You get to identify more unidentified gear at once. Crafting labor reductions means you get to craft more pieces in one sitting.

The endless arrow skills is put on a que system. By hsing the skill it adds an action to the que. Your arrows fire as fast as your attack speed. In some areas it may seem to fire faster and that is due to server response speed.

There are houses that already do this. With Labor being the finite resource on your character, a 30-40% reduction in labor cost is not a bad benefit to get. Bumping Larceny means you get to open more coinpurses at once. You get to identify more unidentified gear at once. Crafting labor reductions means you get to craft more pieces in one sitting.
I've never gotten extra potions from crafting houses and the guaranteed proc for armor/weapons is bloody rare. Not to mention procs have nothing to do with the actual proficiency level. Besides labor is abundant so your bottleneck will be resources which makes labor-only reductions very underwhelming for investing so much into leveling a proficiency.

I've never gotten extra potions from crafting houses and the guaranteed proc for armor/weapons is bloody rare. Not to mention procs have nothing to do with the actual proficiency level. Besides labor is abundant so your bottleneck will be resources which makes labor-only reductions very underwhelming for investing so much into leveling a proficiency.

My guess is you were never explicitly looking for it, or you only crafted potions twice and never saw it again, but it happens VERY often for me. I had no intention of my post making the chance of proc relatable to proficiency, and honestly don't think it should. That's what the house is for. And good lord I wish labor was as abundant as you make it seem. Helping run a guild and with the daily 11k labor, I still wonder how I survived on retail with 10 labor a tick because I'm running out here constantly helping guildies make gold and craft. I guess I can see the problem if I were a solo player, but from personal experience I'm not seeing anything more than the thought of "thank god I can craft more than 3 pieces of illustrious armor every 5k labor".

My guess is you were never explicitly looking for it, or you only crafted potions twice and never saw it again, but it happens VERY often for me. I had no intention of my post making the chance of proc relatable to proficiency, and honestly don't think it should. That's what the house is for. And good lord I wish labor was as abundant as you make it seem. Helping run a guild and with the daily 11k labor, I still wonder how I survived on retail with 10 labor a tick because I'm running out here constantly helping guildies make gold and craft. I guess I can see the problem if I were a solo player, but from personal experience I'm not seeing anything more than the thought of "thank god I can craft more than 3 pieces of illustrious armor every 5k labor".
So you're dumping all your labor into some communal fund? That's not the usual experience for most people and quite frankly it's an artificial problem you created for yourself. An RNG bandaid doesn't fix a gut wound, and that's what the house is. High proficiency should be just as rewarding as it is with fishing proficiency for of us who have bad RNG.

Settling for something just because you've acclimatized to it is not a good yardstick to handle the server everyone else plays on.

So you're dumping all your labor into some communal fund? That's not the usual experience for most people and quite frankly it's an artificial problem you created for yourself. An RNG bandaid doesn't fix a gut wound, and that's what the house is. High proficiency should be just as rewarding as it is with fishing proficiency for of us who have bad RNG.

Settling for something just because you've acclimatized to it is not a good yardstick to handle the server everyone else plays on.

I think of it more as spreading out the pain that would come with solo experience in making the same gear. But you're right, that's not the usual experience for most people. A good handful of people are stupid and gather up the materials themselves to craft one item at a time and put themselves at the mercy of 1:4 and 1:7 odds and then getting mad because they did something one-at-a-time when the odds weren't in their favor from the very beginning then feel like the game owes them a break just because they're at the mercy of RNG all the time just like the rest of us.

It's not settling because of acclimatization. It's adaptation. We've recognized the bottleneck and have adapted to not be affected by it and get along just fine. Same as all the other people who farm up gold to just buy gear that people went through RNG hell to create. Your request would force crafters out of the market. If I got 230k weaponry and got even a remote amount of help similar to your request, my money-making possibility drops tremendously because anyone else who wants a good weapon gets it themselves thanks to the odds of inevitability and not incapability. It's not an RNG bandaid, because the game's end-game market relies on RNG. It's not a gaping wound unless the entire game is made up of gaping wound.

i quit live servers because 4.0, more progress more bad, the best patch of AA is 2.5-3.0,
i really hate Hiram gear it's make AA likes other mmorpg game, only hunt mobs for gears. no craft no regrade, no trade run, no fishing, everybody just sitting hunt mobs at DS all day.
pls no hiram in this server.

i quit live servers because 4.0, more progress more bad, the best patch of AA is 2.5-3.0,
i really hate Hiram gear it's make AA likes other mmorpg game, only hunt mobs for gears. no craft no regrade, no trade run, no fishing, everybody just sitting hunt mobs at DS all day.

Hiram gear would decrease the time it takes for a new player to 'catch-up' and a good alternative for f2p player

Me and some ppl would love to see Hiram Gear here, on this version
Hell no ! That's the most unenjoyable PvE content i have ever spent time on :) Why would you want such thing? To destroy crafting materials prices? To destroy the crafting itself?

One of the main reasons we do not need any sort of Hiram gear is that we already have A LOT of labor to work with. Which is good, since you can do many different activities to keep yourself entertained - e.g. gather materials yourself, crafting materials yourself, trade runs and many many more options for your time being online. I like the game being versitile as it is right now. And.. who likes farming hiram monsters for hours/days and so on ? Anyone?

Hiram gear would decrease the time it takes for a new player to 'catch-up' and a good alternative for f2p player
Not true! If you think you can catch up with that? You are wrong. The only thing geared people need to do if they want to bring you down in progress... they can just camp you all day mostly because all the hiram monsters are in hostile zones. Instead for a new player, you can invest in land and establish yourself at a certain profession you feel it can earn you money in a long-term basis. And guess what? They can't interrupt your progress if you are crafting, farming, there is even save trade routes that earns you enough gold to progress.

Well the people you are trying to catch are like playing around for an entire year. How happy would they be if you get similar gear for just farming pve monsters for a few weeks? Huge part of the crafting gear/crafting materials economy is gonna take a big hit If any sort of Hiram gear comes online... And this is not good at all to witness

The Hiram gear is inevitable in hindsight. Moreso, with all the drama of the lousest 3.5 patch's Erenor synthesis gear (or what's it called) it's bound to happen in one form or another. Right now there has been several pleas on the Ru 3.5 discussion to add guaranteed regrade Hiram-like gear sets (or rebalance the existing Obsidian/Auroria/Dungeon items to fit into the Hiram paradigm) in addition to the Erenor one, without having to wait for it till the patch 4.5. It's going to be amusing to watch what changes, if any, are we going to receive upon release.

Back