What's new

Honor Socketing Changes Poll

Which Changes would you like to see regarding Honor Point Shop?

• Honor Gems should have socketing chances in first half stages increased.

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Honor Gems should have 100% socketing chance for the first 2 Slots.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Honor Gems should have 100% socketing chance for the first 3 Slots.

Votes: 99 42.5%
  • Honor Gems should have socketing chances in all stages increased slightly.

Votes: 112 48.1%
  • Honor Gems should have Refined versions for last tier gems costing 20 000 Honor or more.

Votes: 97 41.6%
  • Do not make any Honor Socketing Changes !

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Introduce Loyalty Mounts/Pets/LunaDrops in the honor shop.

Votes: 122 52.4%
  • Do not Introduce Loyalty Mounts/Pets/LunaDrops in the honor shop.

Votes: 29 12.4%
  • Introduce Axis Mundi in the honor shop.

Votes: 92 39.5%
  • Do not Introduce Axis Mundi in the honor shop.

Votes: 38 16.3%

• Total voters
Isn't korea like 4.5 or smtn with only one account locked to your ID ??

If is gonna be made right, dont make some fake ass new items in honor shop, do it proper and make sink by makin refined gems cost higher but not freaking 20,30k honor a gem, since u kinda can still fail em, like dunno 10k-15k a refined gem seems aight to me.
I rly think they should add warrior medals for daily login, that way average ppl would kinda still progress towards axis mundi, and those doing events would progress even faster, or freaking return it on the loot table.. we are all full of those crappy haunted chests that drop nothing relevant anymore.

U cant make everyone happy.But u can get rly close if u take all oppinions in consideration.

Wat drugs u been taking? Perfect, wow ,that is so south of perfect its making me itchy just to think what would happen if all RMT guys from discord would get FFA honor gems and axis mundis ,RMT loyalty mounts and other crap that is fckin gated behind other currencies so u fools cant buy it for your $ in one day.Gtfo faker

The crap with all gems failing is bad, but i didnt see any good so solution so far, and this poll is ridiculous, ofc ppl gonna want axis and mounts and everything you give them in easy way ..

The whole point is findin freakin solution on honor not being stressfull and griefing, but get us that warm feelin of arhivement when we gather 50k honor and we know that is gonna gem our shyt up.
But making stuff tradable or cheap is gonna help RMT so ridiculously much is gonna break all records in P2W without ArcheRage having any freaking thing to do with it.
Monkey lmao

I bet you would've been fine if the suggestion was to put them on the cash shop.

Oh, it's right there in the next sentence.

You did take it out of context.
Mounts/Pets/Axis mundi are indeed unlikely to appear in the honor shop, but not necessarily if dev team boosts their price considerably.

I would not agree with putting axis mundi in rng boxes, except, if it were even lower chances than sloth glider since prices ingame would than be comparable.And there is no information regarding this for now, i just recalled those boxes existed years before.
It would be great implementing Axis Mundi as part of some complex event that would require players to make much effort and only top ones would win it preferably not based but not limited on gear score.There was also suggestion as to return them to the Haunted Chests with chances that would allow players to very rarely get them.

We will see, as this is content for the future.

You did take it out of context.
Mounts/Pets/Axis mundi are indeed unlikely to appear in the honor shop, but not necessarily if dev team boosts their price considerably.

And if you read the original thread, you'll find :

ObOsbCW.png

We even discussed about putting this in red and bold for everyone to see.

ObOsbCW.png

Why even waste your breathe any more on these fools, they are just choosing to ignore any good points in that thread and they will just do what they want in the end. They are probably worried about there rng box and credit sales after all you start making things more available to people and not through bullshit rng systems people might be less inclined to buy those shits.

ObOsbCW.png

I read both threads.
Prices are determined if the decision is made to implement it.Than suitable numbers might be added as the cost.

Balance and effort players take towards goals is taken into consideration when making important changes.

Why even waste your breathe any more on these fools, they are just choosing to ignore any good points in that thread and they will just do what they want in the end. They are probably worried about there rng box and credit sales after all you start making things more available to people and not through bullshit rng systems people might be less inclined to buy those shits.

There are no connections between server donations and gem socketing, suggesting such is not understandable.
Socketing changes are being reviewed.

On another matter Loyalty items and Vanity Costumes are not something that is normally purchased by any type of Vocational, Honor or other type of currency since it already exists in the game and additional supply is indeed provided via boxes as these items are normally available like that in mmorpg type of games.

You're assuming that the games mechanics and currency are perfect, which they clearly aren't. Things were changed in 4.0 because they needed to be changed, you don't need to have a seperate version to realize that. Nothing in 3.0 plus was changed honor wise that would suggest that upgrading to 4.0 was a good idea for that state in the game.

Yes the game wasn't balanced around alts, but like I've said about 5 different times, the way to get these items in Korea is far easier than NA. Loyalty doesn't exist over there and honor is faster. Drop rates for things like axis mundi out of haunted chests are higher. All these bullshit changes were NA exclusive, and no one wanted them.
Things seems just fine to me, more so with honor gems being a big part of gear progression, if you cant handle failure that is your problem, the gems system is fine and there is nothing game breaking there, they are as they have always been and when 4.0 or whatever other version brings changes to the gems along with all the other changes that is fine, but asking for potentially game breaking changes just for the sake of it, and dont tell me that it is thinking on the lil guy yall want easy gems, we are just fine with the gems as they are, yall big dogs keep on farming honor and breaking gems till you get them all, but dont ask for it to be easier because "QQ I want all gems!", korean grind my friend, embrace it.

Things seems just fine to me, more so with honor gems being a big part of gear progression, if you cant handle failure that is your problem, the gems system is fine and there is nothing game breaking there, they are as they have always been and when 4.0 or whatever other version brings changes to the gems along with all the other changes that is fine, but asking for potentially game breaking changes just for the sake of it, and dont tell me that it is thinking on the lil guy yall want easy gems, we are just fine with the gems as they are, yall big dogs keep on farming honor and breaking gems till you get them all, but dont ask for it to be easier because "QQ I want all gems!", korean grind my friend, embrace it.
Except I wasn't the one who came up with the idea for gem sockets in the first place. Things aren't fine, just because you personally don't think that it's an issue doesn't mean it isn't one. People have been complaining about honor socketing since Alpha, and it didn't get fixed till recently. I have had no issues socketing my pieces both in the past and present, that doesn't mean I still can't offer a fix. Bby is already full socketed, like I've said already, and he is still advocating for this change, AND he is in an enemy guild. One of my guild mates, Pedro, he is fully gemmed, and is one of the most geared darkrunnefs on the server, yet he is advocating for this change. If majority of people on this thread are telling you this needs to be fixed, yet 2 or 3 of you guys are saying it doesn't, don't you think you should realize that it actually is a problem?

You still haven't explained in detail what "game breaking" changes having full honor gems will do. If you have ever been a part of at least halfway end game pvp, you should know that being full gemmed is a bare minimum to be able to hang, otherwise you're gonna get sneezed on and die instantly. Having everyone full gemmed doesn't change that fact, it actually brings more people into the realm of being able to fight these top guilds. If your argument is that honor will become dirt cheap, that already happened. I can get gems for as low as 5 gold a socket, which is so low.

I don't know how many times I have to explain that this "Korean grind" is bullshit because it's even easier in Korea to get this in. The game was made harder for NA, plain and simple. They fixed their mistakes, and now we have the ability to fix it ahead of time.

I've already spent enough time explaining the same concept over and over to you, and I promised I wouldn't get too into this. You have the discord, if you still want to talk about it we can talk there. Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
Except I wasn't the one who came up with the idea for gem sockets in the first place. Things aren't fine, just because you personally don't think that it's an issue doesn't mean it isn't one. People have been complaining about honor socketing since Alpha, and it didn't get fixed till recently. I have had no issues socketing my pieces both in the past and present, that doesn't mean I still can't offer a fix. Bby is already full socketed, like I've said already, and he is still advocating for this change, AND he is in an enemy guild. One of my guild mates, Pedro, he is fully gemmed, and is one of the most geared darkrunnefs on the server, yet he is advocating for this change. If majority of people on this thread are telling you this needs to be fixed, yet 2 or 3 of you guys are saying it doesn't, don't you think you should realize that it actually is a problem?
You are the one pushing for this change, making the list of goodies you want from the honor shop and rallying people in discrod to come vote and be vocal here, so ye, this is all you, you assumed that some change could come to the honor system and jumped on the oportunity to get some free stuff out of it, and we know this is not about the gems but the extra stuff to get out of honor with the excuse of having an honor sink, those fully gemmed players you mention sure are sitting on a lot of useless honor after pvping all day long and not needing it for gems, but you still fail to demonstrate why we should get rid of the honor sink in the first place, because scrubs are easy to kill? we scrubs are fine, dont worry about us.
You still haven't explained in detail what "game breaking" changes having full honor gems will do. If you have ever been a part of at least halfway end game pvp, you should know that being full gemmed is a bare minimum to be able to hang, otherwise you're gonna get sneezed on and die instantly. Having everyone full gemmed doesn't change that fact, it actually brings more people into the realm of being able to fight these top guilds. If your argument is that honor will become dirt cheap, that already happened. I can get gems for as low as 5 gold a socket, which is so low.
Already did yes, remove the honor sink and people will be sitting on stockpiles of honor, even if you put consumables in the honor shop, the value of honor will be nothing eventually, and if you make some of those items tradeable then you gonna be creating a new gold source, exchanging honor for gold was never a good idea and that is a change they made early on when they made pretty much all items in the honor shop bop. Now tell me again why we need to have gems easier? and remember that not everyone in the server is out for end game pvp, potato farmers wont be facing off with divine buff legendary wielding players, what do we get out of it? I know what yall top dogs get, those last gems to be at your max potential to face off with your sworn enemies on the battle field and fight for the squid and red dragon to the last breathe, but why should we carebears care? So we get 3 shoted instead of 2 shoted?

I don't know how many times I have to explain that this "Korean grind" is bullshit because it's even easier in Korea to get this in. The game was made harder for NA, plain and simple. They fixed their mistakes, and now we have the ability to fix it ahead of time.
Really, the game was made harder for NA...

Last edited:
You are the one pushing for this change, making the list of goodies you want from the honor shop and rallying people in discrod to come vote and be vocal here, so ye, this is all you, you assumed that some change could come to the honor system and jumped on the oportunity to get some free stuff out of it, and we know this is not about the gems but the extra stuff to get out of honor with the excuse of having an honor sink, those fully gemmed players you mention sure are sitting on a lot of useless honor after pvping all day long and not needing it for gems, but you still fail to demonstrate why we should get rid of the honor sink in the first place, because scrubs are easy to kill? we scrubs are fine, dont worry about us.

Already did yes, remove the honor sink and people will be sitting on stockpiles of honor, even if you put consumables in the honor shop, the value of honor will be nothing eventually, and if you make some of those items tradeable then you gonna be creating a new gold source, exchanging honor for gold was never a good idea and that is a change they made early on when they made pretty much all items in the honor shop bop. Now tell me again why we need to have gems easier? and remember that not everyone in the server is out for end game pvp, potato farmers wont be facing off with divine buff legendary wielding players, what do we get out of it? I know what yall top dogs get, those last gems to be at your max potential to face off with your sworn enemies on the battle field and fight for the squit and red dragon to the last breathe, but why should we carebears care? So we get 3 shoted instead of 2 shoted?

Really, the game was made harder for NA...

The honor changes would actually include more of an honor sink than is currently in game considering the amount of buffs and the cost of them. Just not as much into gems.... I dont see whats hard to understand about it? It doesnt make honor useless it make gems easier to put in and honor have more things to be spent on....

You're assuming that the games mechanics and currency are perfect, which they clearly aren't. Things were changed in 4.0 because they needed to be changed, you don't need to have a seperate version to realize that. Nothing in 3.0 plus was changed honor wise that would suggest that upgrading to 4.0 was a good idea for that state in the game.

Yes the game wasn't balanced around alts, but like I've said about 5 different times, the way to get these items in Korea is far easier than NA. Loyalty doesn't exist over there and honor is faster. Drop rates for things like axis mundi out of haunted chests are higher. All these bullshit changes were NA exclusive, and no one wanted them.

And you are assuming we are at 4.0+ version with our server being several years old needing everyone to be fully gemmed.

As i stated in original post any type of increasing chances for the last few slots in equips would considerably more benefit strongest players!

There is no logic in making strongest even stronger, if anything it should balance out so that average joes can get 3-5 sockets in on all gear with less stress ,and whoever wants (or has divine+gear) go for the rng if u wanna be best of the best work for it.

As for the loyalty items, why are you pushing honor so much, your group has so much honor stacked now that they want to buy loyalty items??
Why would anyone change a mechanic that is fair to everyone, if u wanned to do any good, you would simply increase loyalty supply ,not propose changing entire system in honor, i mean next thing we are gonna be buying azalea in honor shop like wtf

Last edited:
The honor changes would actually include more of an honor sink than is currently in game considering the amount of buffs and the cost of them. Just not as much into gems.... I dont see whats hard to understand about it? It doesnt make honor useless it make gems easier to put in and honor have more things to be spent on....

You utterly missed the point.Removing valid mechanic rng honor sink to place fake items that do not belong there is something ridiculous.
I think even refined gems would suck badly since you can just buy honor from others so strong players would get even stronger since they have the money to pay for it.
Its about balance not about making handfull of players who wish to complete that last socket on epic gear happy..........

Monkey lmao
Yes ! When u fail to process the argument simply use insults, becouse that is mature thing to do.
If you read anything you would know most of these changes benefit strongest players the most but i think you already realised that.

There are ways to make it balanced for everyone, and that is certainly not tampering with chances of the socket slots above celestial stage.

Last edited:
And you are assuming we are at 4.0+ version with our server being several years old needing everyone to be fully gemmed.

As i stated in original post any type of increasing chances for the last few slots in equips would considerably more benefit strongest players!

There is no logic in making strongest even stronger, if anything it should balance out so that average joes can get 3-5 sockets in on all gear with less stress ,and whoever wants (or has divine+gear) go for the rng if u wanna be best of the best work for it.

As for the loyalty items, why are you pushing honor so much, your group has so much honor stacked now that they want to buy loyalty items??
Why would anyone change a mechanic that is fair to everyone, if u wanned to do any good, you would simply increase loyalty supply ,not propose changing entire system in honor, i mean next thing we are gonna be buying azalea in honor shop like wtf
How would it benifit stronger players when the strongest players already have their gem sockets? That makes no sense.

You really like to cherry pick what was said, because I'm pretty sure it's been said multiple times that mounts are the absolute lowest priority and if they don't get put in no one is going to be upset about it. But alright let's just ignore that fact for a second.

It has nothing to do with the game being out for a while on why those changes for 4.0 are needed. Since you're talking about the top dogs, most of us already have our things fully gemmed, having increased socket rates doesn't effect us. Remmeber we want this change in toughness and resilience, not focus. No one cares about focus. Why is that even a point in the first place?

My question is how did this poll suddenly turn into an"you're just trying to abuse the system to make it easier for yourself!" The people who voted on this thread mostly weren't from my own guild. Beck, who leads an rp guild on the west that has no coorilation to zfz voted yes. Bby, who is in the complete opposite guild and is against me voted yes. The pirates, who are against zfz told me they voted yes. By no means am I trying to be selfish and think of myself when proposing these changes, and if you feel that way, I'm sorry as I've explained my reasoning behind these changes many times, often the same point.

I have no issues with you, or anyone disagreeing with said changes, but don't make up lies like its all of my guild voting or that we have honor stacked to prepare. That's not a healthy conversation. Thank you for your input.

My question is how did this poll suddenly turn into an"you're just trying to abuse the system to make it easier for yourself!" The people who voted on this thread mostly weren't from my own guild. Beck, who leads an rp guild on the west that has no coorilation to zfz voted yes. Bby, who is in the complete opposite guild and is against me voted yes.

Can confirm, I'm in <The Privateers> (Becks Guild) and I mostly agree with the changes Disrep has proposed.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the loyalty mounts being in the honor shop.

I'm already salty enough that I've been saving loyalty since day 1 only to find out that they're going to be putting all of the loyalty mounts in RNG boxes at some point.

Completely removes the prestige of having one of those mounts.

/endrant

Beck, who leads an rp guild on the west that has no coorilation to zfz voted yes.
People who are posting on here seem to be missing the majority of the key points being made (the portions highlighted in red about the pricing being a suggestion, the fact that we're talking Resilience and Toughness gems only and not focus, things like that). It's pretty disappointing that I have to come in here and back up these guys up. The majority of the suggestions have been well thought out and discussed at length with the interest of supporting -all- players, and more specifically, helping the new players be viable in pvp.

we scrubs are fine, dont worry about us.
You're not fine until you socket your chest and pants, like these 'non-scrubs' already have.

Please relax guys :) This has been very informative so far

As previously mentioned Lunadrops, Tradable Costumes and Consumables like Grimoires and Honor scrolls are something that would not impact the game much being introduced in the honor shop as honor point sink and it might make things interesting.
The prices for lunadrops, tradable costumes should be proportionally comparable in their price from other currency shops.
Prices of Grimoires and Honor scrolls seems fair.

There are several options that seem viable for now and they are:

• Increasing chances of honor gem socketing of first 3-4 sockets by an amount determined by devs dependant on balance
This method would potentially allow players to faster and with less worry spend their honor as soon as they have any to invest and get pvp ready faster.
  • Introducing Refined Honor gems that were nicely explained in comment bellow by Gugu
By using this way, players would not have to fear losing previously socketed gems any longer, and the honor sink would be preserved by reducing socketing chance which would again be determined by our devs in terms of balance.

• Making Luna-Based Honor type gems in Guild Prestige Shop which would never fail to socket but have high price.
With this we would stimulate joining guilds and archieving world goals for players who do not wish to deal with any RNG and are patient enough to invest a lot of their prestige on pvp instead of pve gems.I would personally suggest moving prices of these gems at 200+ prestige ,yet again fully decided by the dev team after they consider community suggestions.

The possibilities are many, even combination of these might be realised, but for now it is still uncertain.

I suggest making more in-depth poll, or several, and or continuing to comment on your thoughts here regarding what you would like to see the most regarding these changes!

Thank you for information provided and placing your votes

Please relax guys :) This has been very informative so far

As previously mentioned Lunadrops, Tradable Costumes and Consumables like Grimoires and Honor scrolls are something that would not impact the game much being introduced in the honor shop as honor point sink and it might make things interesting.
The prices for lunadrops, tradable costumes should be proportionally comparable in their price from other currency shops.
Prices of Grimoires and Honor scrolls seems fair.

There are several options that seem viable for now and they are:

• Increasing chances of honor gem socketing of first 3-4 sockets by an amount determined by devs dependant on balance
This method would potentially allow players to faster and with less worry spend their honor as soon as they have any to invest and get pvp ready faster.
  • Introducing Refined Honor gems that were nicely explained in comment bellow by Gugu
By using this way, players would not have to fear losing previously socketed gems any longer, and the honor sink would be preserved by reducing socketing chance which would again be determined by our devs in terms of balance.

• Making Luna-Based Honor type gems in Guild Prestige Shop which would never fail to socket but have high price.
With this we would stimulate joining guilds and archieving world goals for players who do not wish to deal with any RNG and are patient enough to invest a lot of their prestige on pvp instead of pve gems.I would personally suggest moving prices of these gems at 200+ prestige ,yet again fully decided by the dev team after they consider community suggestions.

The possibilities are many, even combination of these might be realised, but for now it is still uncertain.

I suggest making more in-depth poll, or several, and or continuing to comment on your thoughts here regarding what you would like to see the most regarding these changes!

Thank you for information provided and placing your votes
Thank you for coming back to us with an update, we appreciate it!

My concern is the first 3 gems slots are very easy to get, most people's frustration come from the 4+ spots. Would both this change and the refined gem change coexist? Or be separate?

Next concern is the only item that is missing that I will fight to the death for, is serpendipity stones. It doesn't have to be in honor, but there needs to be another way to get that item there is too little people to warrent not having it in another form.

I like the prestige shop type lunagem that could work too.

So here's the deal and my take on it. I played on Trion's servers for a very long time. I sunk half a million of honor, roughly, into gemming my pants. I was ready to quit. I put two gems back in them after failing a bunch more times and I was even more ready to quit.

My friend had me give him the pants. Every gem he put in succeeded until it was fully gemmed. I spent half a million honor, he spent what, 5k?

That is the kind of punishing RNG you're dealing with in honor socketing. It's simply not fun. This is a game, after all, and this is a private server. We have an opportunity to make the things that weren't fun on retail actually fun. Nobody wants it free. But the RNG system as it stands now is absolutely punishing.

Something that others haven't pointed out (that I've seen) is that the problem can actually be worse on ArcheRage. If, for whatever reason, someone gets extremely lucky with gemming, they are able to gem things 2x faster than others. If someone is extremely unlucky, they burn 2x the honor and get nowhere. So you have a guy who got lucky who has full gems in half the time vs. the majority of the server who can't get 4 gems in anything. Wow, that's so much fun! Let me run to Freed with a pack real quick so I can get one-shot because a random number generator said I'm not allowed to be good at the game!

Why do people quit retail?

* Honor gems

* Regrading failures

* Other frustrations/boredom

The first two are a result of punishing RNG. Honor gems, in my opinion, are worse than the regrading system because you don't blow your shit up until you get over unique. You're at the 6th step of RNG before it's even a risk. Honor gems? You fail once and you blow up every gem in there. You can't pvp as well until you get at least a few gems back in there, so you're left running pve content for several days until you can do what you actually want to do, which is pvp. And that's if you don't keep blowing the shit up again every 2nd gem. I had a run where that happened to me for over a week and it makes the game a chore to login to.

Not only that, but it causes others around the person to quit because they lose too many friends to the RNG. I've seen entire guilds wiped out by just a couple of bad regrades or never being able to honor gem things. They want to progress, but they're locked out by the unforgiving RNG.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now.

Back