What's new

Kraken Ink Sac

The introduction of more Kraken inc sacks into the game

• Add a pack to abyssal which has a rare chance to have a inc sac as the reward.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Have kraken release an extra type of tentacle pack that rewards an inc sack

Votes: 65 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://prnt.sc/omm3ks

These are the raid frames from yesterdays kraken kill 35 people. You telling me we are making people join our nations? Where are those people? Its 35 players which is average for each PN btw. If you want this SAC stop crying about it on the forums and come fight these 35 people for it. Your factions will bring plenty of people for other content the fault isnt with any PN if East or West dont want to be competitive. Until that point ME SAC!

I'm not crying for shit, I'm opposed to either option and refused to vote. But those people who are wanting to join the nations don't want to do 8 hour krakens. Only completely insane people would willingly stick around for 4-9 hour krakens multiple times in a row for some in-game item. Those people joining your nations want room to grow, and if you're stifling growth on their home faction, the only option is to join the faction doing the suppression on other events. You're showing a viewpoint from PN2's side, and while you aren't directly impacting the home factions, PN1 is actively making this off-topic argument a much harder case against yours. But before PN1 allied East, PN2 would bring 7-10 and actively discourage the Halcy fights and would come discourage honor events. Nothing like watching Strykes smacking people for 4k Triple Slashes, then have one of his own come on the forums and say you're not doing anything to discourage the East and West from showing to content. Nothing like it at all! "Oh, they have 2 hard-to-kill healers and a guy who one-shots half our faction, LET'S GO SHOW UP AT KRAKEN". Wait, that sounds stupid now that I've seen it typed out. But...that's what you're thinking the East and West should be doing, right? Doesn't that make you stupid for thinking it?

Lets just keep it that only the biggest guild with the highest over geared players get to keep the sacks and let all the other farmers/nubies like me pay unbelievable amounts of gold to the already stupidly rich players that dont want skilled low gear score players to catch them up.

I'm not crying for shit, I'm opposed to either option and refused to vote. But those people who are wanting to join the nations don't want to do 8 hour krakens. Only completely insane people would willingly stick around for 4-9 hour krakens multiple times in a row for some in-game item. Those people joining your nations want room to grow, and if you're stifling growth on their home faction, the only option is to join the faction doing the suppression on other events. You're showing a viewpoint from PN2's side, and while you aren't directly impacting the home factions, PN1 is actively making this off-topic argument a much harder case against yours. But before PN1 allied East, PN2 would bring 7-10 and actively discourage the Halcy fights and would come discourage honor events. Nothing like watching Strykes smacking people for 4k Triple Slashes, then have one of his own come on the forums and say you're not doing anything to discourage the East and West from showing to content. Nothing like it at all! "Oh, they have 2 hard-to-kill healers and a guy who one-shots half our faction, LET'S GO SHOW UP AT KRAKEN". Wait, that sounds stupid now that I've seen it typed out. But...that's what you're thinking the East and West should be doing, right? Doesn't that make you stupid for thinking it?

Strykes smacking you for 4k triples in pvp shouldnt discourage you at all from doing events. If it does that fault falls on you for having that mindset strykes hits me for 4k triples yet there I am at kraken every night I can. PN2 showing up with 10 people to Halcy doesnt discourage the fights at all its just US looking for more PVP and thats the difference between PN players and the current East and West. You guys dont want pvp if you did you would show up even if you were getting rolled it happens to every side from time to time. We arnt unstoppable PN1 isnt unstoppable these are just facts. Dont get upset because you cant win and quit trying youll never get better that way.

I'm not crying for shit, I'm opposed to either option and refused to vote. But those people who are wanting to join the nations don't want to do 8 hour krakens. Only completely insane people would willingly stick around for 4-9 hour krakens multiple times in a row for some in-game item. Those people joining your nations want room to grow, and if you're stifling growth on their home faction, the only option is to join the faction doing the suppression on other events.
PN 2 does honor events less than East. Anyone who would join because "I can't get GR and CR, I lose halcy!" would actually lose out on honor compared to staying mainland.
Once the PN 1 alliance with East ends (if it ends) it'll likely be similar with them.
I can't imagine anyone on east who is frail enough to be upset at getting griefed at CR / GR also staying in PN 2 and not hating it. I don't know about PN 1. They won't find much growth here.

You're showing a viewpoint from PN2's side, and while you aren't directly impacting the home factions, PN1 is actively making this off-topic argument a much harder case against yours. But before PN1 allied East, PN2 would bring 7-10 and actively discourage the Halcy fights and would come discourage honor events. Nothing like watching Strykes smacking people for 4k Triple Slashes, then have one of his own come on the forums and say you're not doing anything to discourage the East and West from showing to content. Nothing like it at all!
I never once thought "wow I should stop showing up to halcy" when Strykes killed me at it. I don't even understand how people come to conclusions like that. PN 2 having 7 people show up and PK a few people on both factions is hardly enough to ruin the whole event lol. They never even changed the outcome of the fight.

"Oh, they have 2 hard-to-kill healers and a guy who one-shots half our faction, LET'S GO SHOW UP AT KRAKEN". Wait, that sounds stupid now that I've seen it typed out. But...that's what you're thinking the East and West should be doing, right? Doesn't that make you stupid for thinking it?
I showed up to Kraken every day when Ayaka and Zarrya were regularly there. I had a lot of fun every day, with my group of 10-15 people on east. Perhaps instead of being overwhelmed by geared players you should think about how to beat them. I was regularly able to kite Strykes out until he switched to another target as a 5k greatclub healer. We didn't kill Kraken because East couldn't pull enough numbers for it (except for the first few weeks when uwu started playing), but I'd hardly say anyone was annoyed about fighting PN 2.

"Oh, they have 2 hard-to-kill healers and a guy who one-shots half our faction, LET'S GO SHOW UP AT KRAKEN". Wait, that sounds stupid now that I've seen it typed out. But...that's what you're thinking the East and West should be doing, right? Doesn't that make you stupid for thinking it?
'hair

PN 2 does honor events less than East. Anyone who would join because "I can't get GR and CR, I lose halcy!" would actually lose out on honor compared to staying mainland.
Once the PN 1 alliance with East ends (if it ends) it'll likely be similar with them.
I can't imagine anyone on east who is frail enough to be upset at getting griefed at CR / GR also staying in PN 2 and not hating it. I don't know about PN 1. They won't find much growth here.

I never said the people with this logic were smart lol

I never once thought "wow I should stop showing up to halcy" when Strykes killed me at it. I don't even understand how people come to conclusions like that. PN 2 having 7 people show up and PK a few people on both factions is hardly enough to ruin the whole event lol. They never even changed the outcome of the fight............. We didn't kill Kraken because East couldn't pull enough numbers for it (except for the first few weeks when uwu started playing), but I'd hardly say anyone was annoyed about fighting PN 2.

Strykes smacking you for 4k triples in pvp shouldnt discourage you at all from doing events. ........... We arnt unstoppable PN1 isnt unstoppable these are just facts. Dont get upset because you cant win and quit trying youll never get better that way.

I'd like to say that I wholeheartedly agree with the points made but disagree with the intents at the same time solely because of personal involvement of visibility. I'm seeing all these posts from people that are IN the player nations, but I'm speaking as one of the people leading West faction content the best they can. I'm personally not afraid to go to content and get nothing from it, I'm not discouraged from PVP just because Strykes hits me for 4k, but the faction (at least, the West) IS. I am speaking for the people who do show up, I am speaking of the people who stopped showing up because of these variables, and I am telling you that this behavior I am outlining is what is helping to cause a rift in the home factions regarding PVP (although I hear East has had some toxic leadership in raids lately, that can contribute as well). Participation will keep faltering so long as the West and East (speaking mostly from a West perspective) keep getting their progression stifled by someone that isn't each other. To top it all off, a good handful of people refuse to show up to content, especially long content, if they don't see something from it after <x> amount of time. That's why fewer people show up to 8 hour krakens (well, that and I'd love to assume they have lives outside of the game).

The West was just starting to gain confidence in fighting large numbers at Halcy, then PN1 allied and doubled the Haranyan Alliance's total GS at Halcy and basically fucked all that up for the sake of farming honor. When double your numbers and double your gear score just bowl over you inside of an enclosed environment on land, no amount of strategy will fix that. Adding that same group of people to boats and extra levels of confusion when they can't stop themselves from hitting their brain's power button as soon as they see a sea of red on their screen just doesn't happen overnight. And if they can't handle one dimension of combat, they sure as hell aren't ready to attempt two, especially if they know they will get nothing of value from it other than "experience". Experience might be good for some people, but eventually it isn't enough, and that's where complaints regarding the ink sac eventually come into play. Why show up and do something not fun like disrupt an 8 hour kraken just for someone else to win something that we know right off the bat we won't be able to personally profit from? Do you go to work 8 hours a day for free doing someone else's job and not expect a paycheck? No, so why do you think they'd willingly do that on a game they came here to have fun in?

But this topic is hilariously off-the-mark for this thread. Both options given fucking suck. They will increase supply but will negatively affect the cost as a whole. Altering the Ink Sac cost through conversion would be a possible alternative that would still encourage people to participate in other events, though.

I'd like to say that I wholeheartedly agree with the points made but disagree with the intents at the same time solely because of personal involvement of visibility. I'm seeing all these posts from people that are IN the player nations, but I'm speaking as one of the people leading West faction content the best they can.
I said the exact same stuff when I was hero on East and leading PUG raids. I've only ever been East on this server (except for like going pirate to get title) until I joined PN 2 like a week ago. I don't think I could possibly have personal bias the months / year before I joined, so it's probably safe to assume that that's not what's happening here.

I'm personally not afraid to go to content and get nothing from it, I'm not discouraged from PVP just because Strykes hits me for 4k, but the faction (at least, the West) IS. I am speaking for the people who do show up, I am speaking of the people who stopped showing up because of these variables, and I am telling you that this behavior I am outlining is what is helping to cause a rift in the home factions regarding PVP (although I hear East has had some toxic leadership in raids lately, that can contribute as well). Participation will keep faltering so long as the West and East (speaking mostly from a West perspective) keep getting their progression stifled by someone that isn't each other. To top it all off, a good handful of people refuse to show up to content, especially long content, if they don't see something from it after <x> amount of time. That's why fewer people show up to 8 hour krakens (well, that and I'd love to assume they have lives outside of the game).
When I first came back to the game after a long break, I tried to get people on East to show up to Kraken, RD, etc. I couldn't find a single person. I solo contested it for the first like 3 months I played again, until <Weird Flex But Okay> formed on East. People aren't avoiding actual content because of fear of the PNs, they're not showing up because they don't want to. Weird Flex always showed up because they did want to.
Maybe when I was a hero I just wasn't friends with the right people or something. No one I talked to said they didn't show up because of the player nations. East would ALWAYS show up to halcy, even when losing to PN 1 + west combined every time. Perhaps it's just a fundamental issue with West's playerbase? I haven't seen people actually get demoralized over anything like that.

The West was just starting to gain confidence in fighting large numbers at Halcy, then PN1 allied and doubled the Haranyan Alliance's total GS at Halcy and basically fucked all that up for the sake of farming honor.
I think everyone agrees that PN shouldn't be able to ally factions. PN 2 doesn't do it for a reason.

Adding that same group of people to boats and extra levels of confusion when they can't stop themselves from hitting their brain's power button as soon as they see a sea of red on their screen just doesn't happen overnight. And if they can't handle one dimension of combat, they sure as hell aren't ready to attempt two, especially if they know they will get nothing of value from it other than "experience".
PN 1 doesn't bring very many east to Kraken, so it's not really the same as at Halcy.

Why show up and do something not fun like disrupt an 8 hour kraken just for someone else to win something that we know right off the bat we won't be able to personally profit from? Do you go to work 8 hours a day for free doing someone else's job and not expect a paycheck? No, so why do you think they'd willingly do that on a game they came here to have fun in?
If they're not having fun then obviously they shouldn't show up. I go to Kraken because I have fun PvPing, and there's lot of PvP at Kraken. If they're playing the game like it's a job, perhaps they should find a different game.

But this topic is hilariously off-the-mark for this thread. Both options given fucking suck. They will increase supply but will negatively affect the cost as a whole. Altering the Ink Sac cost through conversion would be a possible alternative that would still encourage people to participate in other events, though.
Agreed with both points mostly.

I love how this went from ideas and ways to increase the drop rates into to people going straight off topic and just complaining about PN. Can we get a seperate megathread for all the PN complaints and stay on topic with ideas and suggestions to increase the availability of the ink sac?

inb4 people ONLY do kraken for the ink sac...

If you want either of these options to be viable, you'll have to move Abyssal to Kraken time or Kraken to Abyssal time so PNs can't just contest both events, eliminating the whole point of this change.

I think we could get away with doing both options @Sparkle

I mean... why not? There's only 1 server here. The live server had 3 servers sharing a Auction House.

I love how this went from ideas and ways to increase the drop rates into to people going straight off topic and just complaining about PN. Can we get a seperate megathread for all the PN complaints and stay on topic with ideas and suggestions to increase the availability of the ink sac?

inb4 people ONLY do kraken for the ink sac...

The thread went towards the idea of the possibility that PN's are eliminating the want from home factions to contest world bosses like Kraken, causing a drop in population participation from the original East/West, while the length of the contests themselves is causing a drop in population from those actively participating. Sorry reading comprehension is too difficult to see the point being made so you had to generalize it all by cherry-picking from posts. The posts were related (albeit a bit multi-stepped) to the topic at hand. Here, I'll say it in kindergarten for you using a Cookie-Monster-esque Muppet voice:

PN show up to easy faction-based content
Losing faction get demoralized and no do easy content
One faction see event improvement and get better
Other faction no see event improvement and no get better
Both factions see content winners hit hard
Both factions no see point in competing in world boss content
Both factions ask for other way to get item from world boss content

I removed all the HURR DURR's and Beaker meeps that I assume you needed to keep it all together.

The poll literally says "The introduction of more Kraken inc sacks into the game"

What are you raging about Flipsy? because none of that sounds like ways to introduce more kraken inc sacks into the game.

Unfortunately, PNs ruin the possibility of Factions content. Added to this that in the factions themselves there are Guilds with the only notion of Pk and steal. It seems to me excellent that the Kraken Inc Item can be obtained elsewhere, as it is needed to move forward with the team. And I am sorry that only a small group of people can obtain it. Not less price the effort to make 4 - 8hrs of PvP to kill the Kraken, but I do not see it viable in the Current Reality of the Server, that dominated by 2 greedy, selfish and hateful PNs.

It´s not healthy want to monopolize everything, Because all like the game, and not only the PNs should be able to access and improve their equipment with this item, while the others are at put in Jake Mate to advance the GearScore.

The poll literally says "The introduction of more Kraken inc sacks into the game"

What are you raging about Flipsy? because none of that sounds like ways to introduce more kraken inc sacks into the game.

Thanks for proving my point about you cherry-picking and not actually reading. Not raging at all, just making a valid point about who you are while explaining my essay in easy-to-read points :)

If no one wants any of the suggestions that are on the poll, how about implementing a timer on players that kill Kraken. Just like with the Batta event. When Batta was killed on which ever day you as a player killed him, you had to wait 7 days to kill him again until you received your title. So in the case with Kraken and how it spawns 3 days a week, you get a debuff stating something like "the sleep of the kraken" and you cannot kill kraken again until 4 days have passed. For example, say PN1 & PN2 go out and fight over Kraken on Tuesday.. PN2 gets the Kraken kill. All those players in that raid won't be able to touch him until Saturday. If you kill him on Thursday, you can go again on Tuesday and if you kill him on Saturday then you are free to do it again on Thursday. The key with this, is that it has to be the group that killed Kraken. Not someone who just tagged to get the kill for the Dream Ring or the PN, West/East, Pirate that were out there contesting. Maybe this will give East/West a chance. Just another suggestion to add to the mix.

This is one shitty idea, kill off any competitive content there is why don't you? We have Kraken, TWT (which only the 2 PN's even bother with) and RD (Which isn't that hardly contested either). DGS noone bothers to fight over already, and now you want to degrade Kraken into nothing? Why don't you just make all the PVP content into carebear trash already, and we can all quit and move on to greener pastures.

Do some proper thinking instead and fix Abyssal Kraken without cucking other content in the process. Jesus.

Why don't you just make all the PVP content into carebear trash already, and we can all quit and move on to greener pastures.

TBH, this sounds like a good idea for anyone that isn't in a PN. In terms of server health, I think it would be ideal since PNs seem to only show up to PvP events to make everyone else mad. That's pretty unhealthy behaviour and really works against progression for any new players that join. How about a vote for this?

An in game polling system really should he implemented and for this poll it should require kraken eyes to even vote, that way the carebears that hate the concept of pvp and dont go to any content cant kill the game.

The issue is not so much that they hate the concept of pvp but more that they hate attempting pvp when they know that the handful of super-geared players will destroy them like they are nothing. The issue is also that PNs go out of their way to make anyone who isn't in one of the PNs unable to access content.

Let's look at the situation with Budget PN. They began contesting Kraken / RD and even secured some kills. What did the PNs do to deal with this? They teamed up against Budget PN to prevent future Kraken kills. Can this even be viewed as NOT monopolizing / duopolizing content and making it inaccessible to others?

The point where people get pieces that are worth upgrading to T6 / T7 is where people are more inclined to spend money on this server. Do the owners really want to deny that because a bunch of already geared players who play the game to ruin everyone else's fun don't like it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back