What's new

Rework/Buff treasure hunting

I would like to see drop from the sunken treasure chests and i know some of these things were mentioned already:

keys (gold. silver, copper) for opening chests from shadow bosses
archeum
book of Auroria
small labor pots
Hiram scrolls or essences
Superior glow lunarite
breather collection pieces
treasure maps

Hi, thank you for your contribution. I'll add treasure maps to the special chest suggestion above.

I do think glow lunarite already has enough sources and is easily attainable, I'm not sure if they will want to add those. Breather pieces already drop from the chests.

Archeum and books actually drop from treasure maps, adding them to regular sunken chests would make treasure maps even less popular and useless to do.

Hi, thank you for your contribution. I'll add treasure maps to the special chest suggestion above.

I do think glow lunarite already has enough sources and is easily attainable, I'm not sure if they will want to add those. Breather pieces already drop from the chests.

Archeum and books actually drop from treasure maps, adding them to regular sunken chests would make treasure maps even less popular and useless to do.

I hope the staff will reconsider my suggestions. It would be really nice to have glow lunarite or the pieces added to the chest as not everyone likes to do the shadow bosses. For books that come from treasure hunting is a bit tedious. Even if it is a low drop rate, it would be a nice addition considering how many we need for the higher lvl enchants.

What if it had a chance to spawn after raising and looting the regular chest? Not sure if this can be done technically, but I'm thinking of mechanics similar to how the So Basalty nodes have a chance to spawn after mining a regular node, that way it's not a waste for people who don't have the Great Cartographer title, it's just a bonus for people who do (and it couldn't be detected by bots since it wouldn't even appear until the regular chest was looted).
Only 17 players on the entire server have Great Cartographer title. Majority of them is most likely not even interested in treasure hunting as not everyone who is interested in world exploration may be interested in treasure hunting activities. As you can see, that is a very low number of players to implement the suggested change for as it will result to only few players enjoying this change.​

The suggestions to buff Treasure Hunting have already been replied multiple times before.​
We don’t plan to buff it any further as it will bring additional interest from the bots side and such type of activity is hard to monitor.​
It’s also not possible to boost that activity based on the proficiency level as we did it for fishing or commerce as it will affect multiple other things that should not be affected.​
From previously made changes, we already reduced labor requirements for Sunken Ship packs and changed drop chances and prices for the packs [LINK].​
To increase your profit from this activity you can participate in a weekly game event “Treasures Hunter Day!” [LINK].​

Only 17 players on the entire server have Great Cartographer title. Majority of them is most likely not even interested in treasure hunting as not everyone who is interested in world exploration may be interested in treasure hunting activities. As you can see, that is a very low number of players to implement the suggested change for as it will result to only few players enjoying this change.​

It's not just for these players. It is to motivate MORE people to explore and go diving. I am disappointed and sad the point did not come across.

The suggestions to buff Treasure Hunting have already been replied multiple times before.

The only way you replied is the above quote. It is a very dismissive response, and does not go into any detail regarding multiple suggestions in this thread. Another reply was about something that would not be technically possible, after which I rephrased my related suggestion and got zero response to it.

From previously made changes, we already reduced labor requirements for Sunken Ship packs and changed drop chances and prices for the packs

It's not about sunken ships, it's about making the other parts of exploring more interesting.

@Genpatty thought you might wanna see this thread - sadly devs never budged about motivating other people to do exploration

Okay so @Ignisera and I have been brainstorming.

We suggest a special type of sunken chest that has a chance to spawn in place of a regular chest.

It would only be accessible if you have found all the exploration spots in the entirety of Erenor, as it would require you to wear the title "Great Cartographer" -> both the name and the effect.

Loot for this special chest would be one of the following:
- collection breather piece
- turtlecraft totem piece (from Triple's suggestion above)
- journal quire (alecto, rudal, iyor) (higher chance than from regular chest)
- book of auroria
- (maybe a mirage capsule?)
- one bound item (to be determined) of which 2-4 are required to craft packs that yield high gold (Soothsayer's idea below)
- treasure map (rare, arcane, or heroic)

Edit: also, it would give 2 extra points for the treasure hunt quest.

@Genpatty thought you might wanna see this thread - sadly devs never budged about motivating other people to do exploration

Well Great Cartographer title wouldn't have made sense why wouldn't you just go with internet explorer title instead. More people leveling exploration for the sole purpose of sunken ships. I feel like devs can definitely make something happen here. The trade pack meta is just so boring and stale. With the donations the server gets something should be done to better the exploration skill as well as several others.

why wouldn't you just go with internet explorer title instead.

so it's not labor locked, but could also do both titles so that people can choose what they wanna do

More people leveling exploration for the sole purpose of sunken ships
Yea that's something that's not happening rn, haven't really been able to think of anything to make the relation of leveling the prof and doing the ships better. Unless they add a special ship spawn like the special chest spawn we suggested.

so it's not labor locked, but could also do both titles so that people can choose what they wanna do

Yea that's something that's not happening rn, haven't really been able to think of anything to make the relation of leveling the prof and doing the ships better. Unless they add a special ship spawn like the special chest spawn we suggested.
Advanced fishing is labor locked so i dont really have a problem with that as it gives you a goal to strive for. And i didnt even level fishing for any titles i just leveled it because it was fun to do. Same reason ive been leveling exploration. Im already well on my way to getting famed exploration. Even just slightly boosting the base price of the packs would go a long way. It wouldnt be scaled with prof but the packs would be worth slightly more. It is fun content and makes the sea feel more alive. I will keep chatting with people and finding more ideas on interesting ways to make such a nice skill more valuable and fun to do.

Advanced fishing is labor locked so i dont really have a problem with that as it gives you a goal to strive for. And i didnt even level fishing for any titles i just leveled it because it was fun to do. Same reason ive been leveling exploration. Im already well on my way to getting famed exploration. Even just slightly boosting the base price of the packs would go a long way. It wouldnt be scaled with prof but the packs would be worth slightly more. It is fun content and makes the sea feel more alive. I will keep chatting with people and finding more ideas on interesting ways to make such a nice skill more valuable and fun to do.

It's not just about you though, this thread was made with the entire server pop in mind :x Everyone has their own preference and tagged you here so you could put in your 2 cents and to revive it x)

From what I gather your input is - extra use for the 230k prof title and slightly increasing pack values?

Using the 230k prof title and/or the custom exploration title as incentive to be able to do (new) bonus content sounds like a good start to make exploration more interesting. Now that devs can see after 2-3 years this is still an ongoing request, hopefully they will look over our old and new suggestions.

Make exploration great again o7

i second this, fairly new to treasure hunting and though it's a great aspect to the game, i feel in a lot of ways it's been left abandoned to any new ideas/improvements. The way i see it is, adding/updating the ocean only makes this game more diverse and would attract people to enjoy more of the game contents.
word may get out that this game has a far more vast and interesting ocean than any other server and would initially attract more players, i know that would benefit not just the players but the devs themselves too.
in response to "not enough people interested in underwater for change" it may seem like a small or irrelevant thing to change but it doesn't harm to look at what could be improved. improvements big or small matter. it depends what you do and how you make those improvements that could turn something great into something fantastic. If a store refused to update it's stock it would lose it's customers over time, new stock brings new people.

that being said, i have a bit of a problem with the ghastly aura debuff. i feel the timer is a bit too long. To float one chest and then having to wait 120seconds to be able to raise another is time consuming and not many have that much time. i understand it's to stop botting but it just makes it harder for those who don't bot. the term (someone has to ruin it for the rest of us) comes to mind.
i suggested to reduce the cooldown, even just by a few seconds on discord and it was outright refused by one of the staff/devs without much thought. i'm not a botter but i can imagine how hard it is to bot under water as everything feels like it's in slow motion, and the time it takes to find a chest the botting program would likely run into a problem anyway. This debuff never used to exist at all, reducing the cooldown even slightly still helps prevent botting.

I understand the debuff was put in place with good intention, but initially it does take away in other aspects and because of this i ask you to please reconsider. waiting for a timer as going up and down for each individual chest (then waiting for the timer to finish when at the bottom) isn't time friendly, can get frustrating and the loot from the chests isn't worth that much work in the long run. If there's no chance of that changing then other things to make the water content more worth it.
if the submarine had an instant dive that shoots you underwater then that would make things a bit more less painful, even then i'll be sat there waiting at the bottom of the sea for what feels like ages because of the long timer. To increase the amount of items a sunken treasure chest drops, increase pack profit from sunken ships even a little, maybe even add underwater dailies that don't require a huge team to achieve it similar to the treasure event that give special items, would make the effort it takes to do underwater content more worth it. You might not agree with many things i said, but i would think you could find your own way to make things a little more even/improved by the suggestions made here on this post as a whole.

With anything comes trail and error, we wouldn't know if something works if we never try. I'm not saying you don't attend to the players or make any improvements as i see the hard work and dedication the staff put forward to helping it's players, but to write something off completely without thinking of all the possibilities is pretty dismissive of the concerns/problems players are facing.
1706187173835.png

This is what we read when we first open up the homepage (free patron, increased rates, Custom content, bonuses for new players and more) i underlined what i feel is relevant to this post. hopefully the underwater content will be put on the drawing board and be considered much more in the weeks/months to come.

Last edited:
As someone who is new to the server but has played on live in the past and has done most of the standard gold-making and farming the game has to offer, I would have to say sunken ships are one of the most enjoyable and engaging forms there are. There is nothing more fun than knowing that you just got called out by the game itself saying, 'Hey, there is a dude with loot,' and you having to rush back to turn in before someone finds you. It is just so much more fun than sitting on a cart, car, or merchant waiting for your trip from point A to point B to be done so you can unload your packs and repeat the process over and over again.

I think any benefit given to niche content that has an increased possibility of interaction of players should be uplifted higher than any solo content. From my experience, both on live and here, sunken ships are almost always done by at least a team of 2 players with an increased risk of doing them. I don't understand why they are left behind when it comes to some TLC. I could understand a statement of 'we don't want bots to abuse the systems,' but is it really about that? I have never heard of bots doing any type of sunken ships even when they came out on live and there was a bot problem.

I would suggest doing one of two things: either remove the basic pack basically make its drop rate like 0.01%, which with them already adjusted the drop rate thing is doable, making sunken ships already worth more gold and effort, or add in more turn-in locations.

Having only like 5 places to turn in at (realistically only Diamond Shores or Growlgate due to spawns, ease of turn-in, and safety) makes the effort and the possibility of doing sunken ships highly restricted to spawns near the safer/easier turn-ins.

If you were to move the Freedich relic post out from the center of the island and put it on the outer islands, that would open up more of the spawns like in the eastern part of the sea. Or you could take part of the code from advanced fishing (which can only be done around Freedich) and put it on a special Shadow Daru, which would only take relics; it would have the same effect.

I would think these would be two easy changes that would breathe life into doing sunken ships. I'm just disheartened seeing content that is engaging and boosts player interaction pushed to the wayside. The game is in a stagnant state where packs are king, and who knows, maybe if sunken ships get a bit of love, you might see more people doing them. But in the current state of where it is more time and labor-efficient to mindlessly run packs, you'll never see that niche content get a chance.

As someone who is new to the server but has played on live in the past and has done most of the standard gold-making and farming the game has to offer, I would have to say sunken ships are one of the most enjoyable and engaging forms there are. There is nothing more fun than knowing that you just got called out by the game itself saying, 'Hey, there is a dude with loot,' and you having to rush back to turn in before someone finds you. It is just so much more fun than sitting on a cart, car, or merchant waiting for your trip from point A to point B to be done so you can unload your packs and repeat the process over and over again.

I think any benefit given to niche content that has an increased possibility of interaction of players should be uplifted higher than any solo content. From my experience, both on live and here, sunken ships are almost always done by at least a team of 2 players with an increased risk of doing them. I don't understand why they are left behind when it comes to some TLC. I could understand a statement of 'we don't want bots to abuse the systems,' but is it really about that? I have never heard of bots doing any type of sunken ships even when they came out on live and there was a bot problem.

I would suggest doing one of two things: either remove the basic pack basically make its drop rate like 0.01%, which with them already adjusted the drop rate thing is doable, making sunken ships already worth more gold and effort, or add in more turn-in locations.

Having only like 5 places to turn in at (realistically only Diamond Shores or Growlgate due to spawns, ease of turn-in, and safety) makes the effort and the possibility of doing sunken ships highly restricted to spawns near the safer/easier turn-ins.

If you were to move the Freedich relic post out from the center of the island and put it on the outer islands, that would open up more of the spawns like in the eastern part of the sea. Or you could take part of the code from advanced fishing (which can only be done around Freedich) and put it on a special Shadow Daru, which would only take relics; it would have the same effect.

I would think these would be two easy changes that would breathe life into doing sunken ships. I'm just disheartened seeing content that is engaging and boosts player interaction pushed to the wayside. The game is in a stagnant state where packs are king, and who knows, maybe if sunken ships get a bit of love, you might see more people doing them. But in the current state of where it is more time and labor-efficient to mindlessly run packs, you'll never see that niche content get a chance.

i agree to a few things you and others have said but the bot thing was mainly for the sunken treasures around shipwrecks rather than sunken ships. there's a buff called Ghastly aura. when you float a chest it takes 120 seconds till you can float another. honestly i feel it would be hard for someone to bot under water it's a pretty different environment to land and finding sunken ships/chests isn't like harvesting trees. The long wait to float another chest would make someone WANT TO bot in order for their character to wait out the painful 120s rather than themselves. These chests give vaultstones which when you get 35 you get a household item, the purpose of those household items is to get a title with meh effects. they also give ship component bags and chrome sub shards (collect 200 to make chrome sub design) at random and random useless relics which have no real purpose at all other than junk that fills up your inventory.
1706568079741.png

it would be nice to see something being done with the relics, custom daily quest for certain rewards rather than an inventory filler with no other purpose. also i think getting 1g-3g per chest at random would make this better too, after all when you think of treasure what comes to mind is gold. Another thing i think is there should be a low chance for them to drop treasure maps, or treasure map pieces which would likely be a new item.

there's a lot left to be desired in this servers underwater content. i'm hoping the devs, rather than dismissing ideas/issues so quickly instead can look at each and every idea/issue someone has and work out a way themselves to make things better/more enjoyable. and if they have problem adding content to the ocean they look to the public because there's a few people with hidden coding/dev talents around here somewhere.

Last edited:
i agree to a few things you and others have said but the bot thing was mainly for the sunken treasures around shipwrecks rather than sunken ships. there's a buff called Ghastly aura. when you float a chest it takes 120 seconds till you can float another. honestly i feel it would be hard for someone to bot under water it's a pretty different environment to land and finding sunken ships/chests isn't like harvesting trees. The long wait to float another chest would make someone WANT TO bot in order for their character to wait out the painful 120s rather than themselves. These chests give vaultstones which when you get 35 you get a household item, the purpose of those household items is to get a title with meh effects. they also give ship component bags and chrome sub shards (collect 200 to make chrome sub design) at random and random useless relics which have no real purpose at all other than junk that fills up your inventory. it would be nice to see something being done with the relics. also getting 1g-3g per chest at random would add to this too, after all when you think of treasure you think gold.

there's a lot left to be desired in this servers underwater content. i'm hoping the devs, rather than dismissing ideas/issues so quickly instead can look at each and every idea/issue someone has and work out a way themselves to make things better/more enjoyable. and if they have problem adding content to the ocean they look to the public because there's a few people with hidden coding/dev talents around here somewhere.
People who bot the activity do not bot it in the way you think.

The chests have static spawns every set time and people who bot do not use 1 account. They use multiple with teleport exploits.
That debuff prevents 1 bot teleporting around and raising every chest then claiming it.

Thanks to the debuff bots have stayed away from sunken chests and this will remain as is.

We do not bring in external people for coding or talent. Nobody is getting access to any of the game files.

People who bot the activity do not bot it in the way you think.

The chests have static spawns every set time and people who bot do not use 1 account. They use multiple with teleport exploits.
That debuff prevents 1 bot teleporting around and raising every chest then claiming it.

Thanks to the debuff bots have stayed away from sunken chests and this will remain as is.

We do not bring in external people for coding or talent. Nobody is getting access to any of the game files.
i understand this, but as spoontitan said above not many people bot underwater content. it just makes it unpleasant for those who aren't botting.
i will reach a spot with 4 chests and float 1, go right to the top and collect the contents, go all the way back down to the sea bed and have to wait till the timer has gone until i can float another. then it's rinse repeat for each chest.
i only encourage you to try it yourself to see what i mean. i think decreasing the timer even just by a few seconds. from 120 to 110 would still make it harder for said botters to float spam the chests. unless those changes are made we wont know if that works or not.
As i said in my previous post things take trail and error. you could always change it back if it didn't work.

i understand sharing game files is risky, that would be down to the team to decipher if someone is trustworthy. though i wont push that as it was just a passing suggestion. To which there are many good suggestions in this post which i really think the staff of this server should dedicate one person of their team to the task of having a look through and have a play around with how the underwater content could be improved/added to. draw up ideas/suggestions/fixes etc.

bring it more to life and attract more players, can't harm revenue but likely benefit. i feel expanding underwater content might be the next big thing. i hope if not now, in time it will be considered more. thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited:
We know full well it doesn't work because we've adjusted / removed the timer in the passed already.
It took less then 24 hours for the chests to get mass raised by bots before it we put back, the bots banned and they stopped trying to bot sunkens

We know full well it doesn't work because we've adjusted / removed the timer in the passed already.
It took less then 24 hours for the chests to get mass raised by bots before it we put back, the bots banned and they stopped trying to bot sunkens
i find it hard to believe a 10 second difference would have botters mass raise chests, as there's still a timer in place but i digress,

if this buff wont be changed not even slightly then i think other changes to make it worth the extra work for none-botters like myself would be nice. because i mean, who wants to pay for the wrongdoings of someone else? my suggestions are not to do with sunken ships but the chests around shipwrecks/randomly placed around the sea floor. so that being said my suggestions are:
adding 1-3g at random to each chest would be a good small little bonus(when you think of treasure you think gold, it makes sense), small chance to get a treasure map or pieces to a treasure map. Give the treasure chest a small chance to turn into a pack that can be turned in for Onyx or dragon essence. (or just 13g-15g)
last but not least, Have the relics serve more of a purpose than just filling up inventory as junk. i wont tell you exactly what to do with those relics because i'm sure someone on the team could come up with a cool idea themselves no doubt.

At least consider these in the future if not now. rome wasn't built in a day, so there's no rush. i think people just want their ideas to be considered and have the staff conjure their own way to make sea content more interactive, fun and worth the risk/time.

i understand this, but as spoontitan said above not many people bot underwater content. it just makes it unpleasant for those who aren't botting.

I believe they don't bot it because of the timer :p not that they don't bot it because the content is lacking, which got confirmed above.

That is why we have tried to brainstorm other ways to make exploration content more interesting for people. As you said:
bring it more to life and attract more players, can't harm revenue but likely benefit. i feel expanding underwater content might be the next big thing.

As this subject has been ongoing for a few years now, I have some faith that maybe the devs will take it more seriously.

I believe they don't bot it because of the timer :p not that they don't bot it because the content is lacking, which got confirmed above.

That is why we have tried to brainstorm other ways to make exploration content more interesting for people. As you said:

As this subject has been ongoing for a few years now, I have some faith that maybe the devs will take it more seriously.
haha yea the timer is pretty brutal, though it would be appreciated if there's a few adjustments to the chests to make the extra time it takes to get them all one by one more worth it.
i'm all for these updates, even if the devs tweak it to their liking which i would expect and hope they would to decide the best way to make things even. they could do a lot with underwater content, it also depends on the knowing how to do certain things as adding custom content can be a little tricky There's always time to learn though i don't wish to rush them but more so hope they consider things in time. as game development in any regard is pretty extensive so i can understand the pre-hesitancy.
i'd like to think maybe in time they might too, lets pray lol

Back