What's new

Suggestions

It's not about the pack value, more about the lack of those packs being run. People prefer larders and ferts, and that shows in the tradeposts. Hence the request to increase the amount of larders for a cargo, and decrease the fine specialty requirement.

Yes, the pack turn in values and changes to them can be omitted from the post, the original point is a change to make the cargo system way more usable.

Let’s use the example you provided – Dewstone Fine Specialty. If you don’t grow resources but buy them from AH, to craft 1 pack will cost you 10g 40s. You will be able to turn that pack for 16g (with 15% bonus) or 13g 91s (without bonus) to the nearest location that is Two Crowns (if you go to Cinderstone it will be 14g 66s without bonus). So, already that 14g you mentioned, not 10-11.​

So, that is still viable to run that packs as you get from 30g (if you miss time that gives you extra bonus) to 50g (if you turn it in with 15% bonus) net profit per trade run that takes around 10-15 minutes from Dewstone to Two Crowns.​

You can do the math and make it seem like it's worth it on paper, but the fact that nobody is running these packs should be an indicator that it's not a viable/profitable option for those looking to get the most value for their time. The hybrid trade system we has worked well in previous patches, I think, except now basically zero cargo packs are being generated. This has nothing to do with the faction statue, either. People don't generally run cargo packs because they're not produced in high enough volumes to make it profitable or to make the reward worth the risk. That should be addressed, faction statue notwithstanding.

Packs of any kind are barely worth running so long as mob farming is so much more profitable, safe and stable. The new profitability timer makes packs even more frustrating and i think at this point anyone who can avoid doing them, is avoiding doing them.

Options i see are to increase profitability, increase cargo production per pack or revert statue materials to the old statue pack. Can even be kept so a hero has to feed the first/last packs.

Its clear you have issues with your server and its current population is not happy. Sticking your fingers in your ears and singing lalallalalaaaa is not going to make the problem go away.

You are right, there are some issues available, that are the result of 2 trade systems being in place – old and new. When at the beginning they could work together well, with each update they stop working properly together more and more. Instead of turning packs to trade outlets, part of the players stick to the old methods, just giving them to NPC, leading to less cargo being added to the trade outlet. Also, as 2 systems are trying to work together, % is now refreshing based on old trade system, that doesn’t stimulate players to work with trade outlets and diversify the packs they run even more.​
But that problem will be gone with 5.0. Old trade system will be removed, as XL fully removed support of that system from the game client in 5.0. Due to it there is no way for us to keep and maintain it as well. Then % will be refreshing based on the number of packs of the same type available in trade outlet at that moment. Due to it cargo will be generated more often as all players will be interested in adding all 3 types of packs for its generation.​
Would also like to comment on some statements regarding packs being “not a viable/profitable option” or “better to kill 50 mobs”.​
You can’t deny that it’s still profitable. If it’s not profitable enough for you, that doesn’t mean it’s not profitable at all. Currently these packs are less profitable than the other 2 types but they still give you good money. Yes, you can say that you can just go kill mobs instead but would you be able to kill that many mobs within 10 mins to obtain same profits if you are not a high GS player? Most likely no if you don’t go to the pvp location where there is a good chance to be killed.​
So, for not high GS player or non-pvp player it is a viable profit. And for pvp player who usually doesn’t do trade runs, it can become a temporary activity, to help faction with building a statue. Main profit for you here is a buff from the statue that you get when it’s built. But, of course, you always have a choice not to build the statue if you don’t find it a good investment.​
So, to make it short and to bring the Devs decision to you in a few words:​
- Statue will remain to be crafted according to the game version. Packs required for it are still profitable to run, enough and worth or not for you to do it and to build a statue is up to you to decide.​
- Cargo generation system will also remain the same as it’s right now. You may not see it as an effective one right now as 2 trade systems are currently in place but with 5.0 release it will be more clear for you.​

I am not saying anything super negative about it. I just htink swapping the 50 specialty to 50 larders and 10 larders to 10 specialty will fix it for now.

giphy.gif

I also dont mind making the statue if there is cargo to make it with. I dont care really about changing anything but those two numbers in the photo to fix the cargo system for now.

I am not saying anything super negative about it. I just htink swapping the 50 specialty to 50 larders and 10 larders to 10 specialty will fix it for now.

View attachment 12810

I also dont mind making the statue if there is cargo to make it with. I dont care really about changing anything but those two numbers in the photo to fix the cargo system for now.

No, as it will go against the regular logic. Usually what is cheaper is required in bigger quantities and what is more expensive is required in smaller quantities. Here is the same – Specialty Packs are cheaper so more of them is required, Aged are more expensive and you need less of those.
If you prefer to run Aged packs that is a 3rd type, instead of the 1st one, I'd recommend you a Cinderstone trade outlet. That trade outlet has lots of packs of 1st and 2nd type there and actually lacking the 3rd type.

No, as it will go against the regular logic. Usually what is cheaper is required in bigger quantities and what is more expensive is required in smaller quantities. Here is the same – Specialty Packs are cheaper so more of them is required, Aged are more expensive and you need less of those.
If you prefer to run Aged packs that is a 3rd type, instead of the 1st one, I'd recommend you a Cinderstone trade outlet. That trade outlet has lots of packs of 1st and 2nd type there and actually lacking the 3rd type.

All good, just an idea. Thanks though!

Could the publication time on auction house be increased?
The two day max has been bothering me since I joined since some items don't move that fast and it seems it's gotten worse in the last couple weeks, IMO something like 1 day, 3 days, a week and two weeks instead of 6 , 12, 24 and 48 hours seems ideal, what I'm not really sure is what to do with the publication tax since I'm not sure how important of a sink it is.

if were removing the old trade system we better be able to still do trade runs oversea's for charcoal. If not, there is gonna be a HUGE problem

Last edited:
if were removing the old trade system we better be able to still do trade runs oversea's for charcoal. If not, there is gonna be a HUGE problem

Live server's 5.0 patch notes (have to scroll down a ways for the trade changes):

TL;DR: All in-land cargo exchangers are removed. Cargo packs are purchased at trade outlets, and turned in to trade outlets overseas for charcoal. Hence, charcoal can only be obtained from overseas runs, outlet to outlet.

I meant normal packs and larders being turned in for charcoal

I understand your question. I can't speak for the devs, and i know they customize a lot of the patches. But from what Sparkle said earlier about the old system being removed, and what those notes say, it seems that no, you won't be able to turn in normal packs anywhere but the specialty buyers for gold. That's what i meant by "outlet to outlet", as in no more loading packs on the beach and running them from different points. We'll have to buy cargo at the designated points, and turn them in at the designated points. Sparkle had said they wouldn't be able to support the old system anymore with this coming patch. :(

No the U5.0 trade system is not ok. That's gonna be a HUGE problem with players getting charcoal for crafting. Oversea trade runs is literally what archeage was back when it was 1st released, take packs oversea's and turn them in. There was some risk involved with pirates and people camping the trade outlets for your packs but that was the fun in doing oversea's trade runs. With this being removed, the sea's are going to be completely dead and void of all players except for on Wed when people are looking for sunken chests assuming players still do that. This is not a good idea! The sea's is literally 1 of the main things people talked about when the game was first released and ship combat. You was able to keep the old trade system in U3.5 when it was supposed to be removed, so why are you removing it now? If this gets removed, I can see whatever is left of this servers pop leaving.

[...] Oversea trade runs is literally what archeage was back when it was 1st released, take packs oversea's and turn them in. There was some risk involved with pirates and people camping the trade outlets for your packs but that was the fun in doing oversea's trade runs. With this being removed [...]

Wym "removed"? There will be a similar overseas charcoal system like we have rn, only difference is it's only 3 trade zones per continent, and you buy cargo for it instead of running from Karkasse or Rokhala?

Could the publication time on auction house be increased?
The two day max has been bothering me since I joined since some items don't move that fast and it seems it's gotten worse in the last couple weeks, IMO something like 1 day, 3 days, a week and two weeks instead of 6 , 12, 24 and 48 hours seems ideal, what I'm not really sure is what to do with the publication tax since I'm not sure how important of a sink it is.

Idk how great that idea is, tbh, because atm people already undercut each other making the 2 days listing often annoying and a waste of gold. Imagine the amount of undercutting people could do if you increase the allowed listing time. Not sure if you took that into account?

Idk how great that idea is, tbh, because atm people already undercut each other making the 2 days listing often annoying and a waste of gold. Imagine the amount of undercutting people could do if you increase the allowed listing time. Not sure if you took that into account?
For those items a simple one day listing would be enough, also if the demand for an item is high those undercutting would be bought out leaving those with higher price as sort of an anchor(at least that's how it works on eve where the max listing time is 3 months), but if you think one day is still too much for those items I guess leaving the 6 or 12 hours option as the first one would be enough.

My main objective is for those items not in high demand and even those in such high demand that people can't post enough to keep on the AH for long to stay longer so more people can see them since it's often the case that posting low demand items is a waste of gold so you're left trying to find who has or wants said item with the trade channel and some high demand items due to how the system is set now can be bought out by a single person since people won't post too many of them given that you got to weigh in how much people buy in at much two days and more than that is flooding e.g. if I sell 10k corn in a week I'm not going to keep posting 10k every 2 days, but due to that I'll miss someone buying all the AH stock and still needing more.

Back