What's new

ArcheRage 8.0 (development-release info + suggestions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1700839270025.png

If this is purely per level, please change it to it being based on guild exp earned!! Lower level guilds would lose a lot of progress if they are, say, 80% from lv6 to lv7, or 75% from lv7 to lv8....but they only get for the lv6 or lv7 at 0% exp. That seems super unfair.

What's up with these conflicting messages? "deleted with ID change, ID change is not happening" -> reads as, will not be deleted. Then 3 days later, suddenly "all grimoires are being removed".

1701085838662.png

image.png

---
I already asked info about this stuff before and all I got in response was the below:

We do not intend to implement the ID change from Trion ID to KR ID's. Except for items that are otherwise required to be changed due to mechanics.

Grimoires being deleted sounds like it has nothing to do with mechanics?

Shouldn't it have been written straight away that the items that do not have a conversion with the ID change at all for Trion's version cannot be kept in our version either? I doubt this only applies to the grimoires.

For all the items that didn't convert to a new version, that will be deleted with 8.0, do give us compensation, unlike Trion did. As a private server, toss us that boon. Thank you for your consideration.

What's up with these conflicting messages? "deleted with ID change, ID change is not happening" -> reads as, will not be deleted. Then 3 days later, suddenly "all grimoires are being removed".

View attachment 24094
image.png

---
I already asked info about this stuff before and all I got in response was the below:

Grimoires being deleted sounds like it has nothing to do with mechanics?

Shouldn't it have been written straight away that the items that do not have a conversion with the ID change at all for Trion's version cannot be kept in our version either? I doubt this only applies to the grimoires.

For all the items that didn't convert to a new version, that will be deleted with 8.0, do give us compensation, unlike Trion did. As a private server, toss us that boon. Thank you for your consideration.
There is nothing conflicting there.

The first message states Ward Grimoires are removed with the ID change
The second that the ID change is not something we are applying to all items. Except necessary ones and unless said that item will be removed / converted after it will remain.

Grimoires are all deleted. Not just Ward Grimoires. There's no contradiction there.

1st. Grimoires will say as they are but not be obtainable. Unless stated differently later.
2nd. (Later) Grimoires are being all removed.
Where is the contradiction

Again. Not all removed items from the ID change are being removed. Just ones its necessary to.

Where is the contradiction

The second part of my* message that you explicitly did not respond to, makes it overall a very conflicting communication process that's hard to follow. Nowhere did I say anything about a contradiction. I can see my layout of my post is a bit skewed, I understand that made it a bit confusing to read.

There is nothing to say on the second part. Items without conversion (Specifically grimoires are deleted) There is no compensation for them.

If we do decide to add any kind of conversion instead of removal it'll be in the Custom patch notes.

I have a couple questions/concerns with the Soullake Cleaver Debuff "Interruption"(Attachment 3);

Interruption is applied WHILE you are getting 10 stacks to reach "Abyssal Power" (Shown in attachment 2) AND when it has reached "Abyssal Power" and ready to be used(Attachment 1).
1. Would you also consider when that interruption debuff is applied so you can use weapon swaps such as kraken items/Supreme doom shadow nodachi etc. prior to using the Snake axe active? It makes more sense for the interruption debuff to be applied when you are stacking to 10 rather than once it is already stacked.
2. Currently the cooldown on the "Interruption Debuff" is 5minutes in duration. Would it be possible to reduce this down to 3-3.5mins as 5minutes is a LOONG time in a pvp scenario?

Attachments

• Abyssal Power.png
    Abyssal Power.png
    204.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Stacking.png
    Stacking.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Interruption Debuff.png
    Interruption Debuff.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 24
Since people saying the stat costumes gonna change or be redone, will there be an update if we need to remove skins on them before the patch?
Yes this is an old system that is gone, and not possible to do anymore, but I like having it to easily see what costume it is. And would appreciate an response in case I or others need to extract this before the big patch day.

1701104451648.png

I have a couple questions/concerns with the Soullake Cleaver Debuff "Interruption"(Attachment 3);

Interruption is applied WHILE you are getting 10 stacks to reach "Abyssal Power" (Shown in attachment 2) AND when it has reached "Abyssal Power" and ready to be used(Attachment 1).
1. Would you also consider when that interruption debuff is applied so you can use weapon swaps such as kraken items/Supreme doom shadow nodachi etc. prior to using the Snake axe active? It makes more sense for the interruption debuff to be applied when you are stacking to 10 rather than once it is already stacked.
2. Currently the cooldown on the "Interruption Debuff" is 5minutes in duration. Would it be possible to reduce this down to 3-3.5mins as 5minutes is a LOONG time in a pvp scenario?
No custom changes will be made to the active

Since people saying the stat costumes gonna change or be redone, will there be an update if we need to remove skins on them before the patch?
Yes this is an old system that is gone, and not possible to do anymore, but I like having it to easily see what costume it is. And would appreciate an response in case I or others need to extract this before the big patch day.

View attachment 24111
Yes. Remove any Images applied to your costume. Otherwise they will be lost.

Please revert plate nerfs, and even buff plate. It is an armor type that is completely dead. All DPS optimally use leather and healers and tanks use cloth, no one uses plate anymore and i think it would be healthy for pvp if all 3 armor types were viable. Also plate is severely weaker than all the other armor types mainly because of the overabundance of magic damage and the fact that gunner deals extra damage to plate with blasting weapons. The plate set buff even increases mana costs and is substantially weaker than leather buff or cloth buff, both who have extra damage and insane 30% cc reduction in the case of cloth.

Yes. Remove any Images applied to your costume. Otherwise they will be lost.
Does this apply only to combat/stat costumes or to every costume that we could image in the past (such as Merchant's Costume: Trade, Merchant's Costume: Basic and similar?

Does this apply only to combat/stat costumes or to every costume that we could image in the past (such as Merchant's Costume: Trade, Merchant's Costume: Basic and similar?
Just for stat costumes.

However I recommend removing all Images as a number of Image costumes get changed and split with 2 versions afterwards. 1 that is still an Image item and one that becomes a Stat costume with the fixed appearance.

That sounds like an actual good solution. Just deleting them and let the player stand there with empty hands is kinda sad...

Yup, private server after all, they treat us better than legacy so far, hope they keep at it :3

But uh other things like the below, idk how that should be compensated? Maybe some loyalty or merits, seeing as they don't come from the arena store?

Or convert them to a similar item: the loot buffs to bound quicksilver tonics, and the chocolatier's pumpkin to another 500 labor pot.

image.png

Special mention to Dahyun for pointing it out!

But uh other things like the below, idk how that should be compensated? Maybe some loyalty or merits, seeing as they don't come from the arena store?

Or convert them to a similar item: the loot buffs to bound quicksilver tonics, and the chocolatier's pumpkin to another 500 labor pot.

image.png

You talked about Loot buffs and Labor pots, but what about the others ?

XP Buffs:
Frankenflavor Jawbreaker
Studious Dwarven Elixir

Combat Buffs:
Pumpkin Spice Taffy
Batty Butterscotch
Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkin
Brisk Dwarven Elixir

Maybe we can turn the Combat Buffs into Assorted Ribs.

So we we bought things like the Grimior, the Dwarven things etc -> Source Rng Chest/ Arena Shop and much more and now it goes "vanish in the void"

If thats the way People get treated for investing in Chests and much more its no wonder Live Server lost more and more People. It wouldnt be a suprise if this is the last drop for some peopel also to quit.

If you remove things because of game changing Mechanics or something else a Community Manager should jump up from there Chair and Scream "We need a compensation for the removed item"

So in the End let them Convert to something simular or be like the Live Server and give everbody a "i dont care about the community".
It would only be fair to compensate for Removed Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back